Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Comfy plane crash edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for more Primaris stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Stratagems and shit in Blood Angels codex, good shit here
frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/02/codex-review-blood-angels-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-psychic-powers/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=pd5m1dQXjbw [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=981477496:
youtu.be/SlkeURdZ8D8
youtu.be/gevL5Rvn0Jc
youtu.be/QLRd0TBRskk
youtu.be/hRR7W5-F15c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st 4 nids

What are some good Eldar name lists and generators? I've found the one at fantasynamegenerators.com, but I'm not sure how accurate or complete it is.

Dark Mechanicus when
I want evil robots and small daemon engines

>ORKZ IZ ALWAYS FURST 'CUZ WEZ DA BIGGEST

Had my first game ever today. It was a 2 on 2 and the dude I was teamed up with even goes to Veeky Forums. I lost, but it was definitely fun.

YOU'RE A BIGUN

StartofaWAAGH.jpg

To paint, or not to paint. That it is the question.

hey, guys
what with the new eisenhorn novel coming out, do you think they'll rerelease the 58mm eisenhorn?

Nth for daemons of malal.

Would it be lore friendly to take a detatchment of kroot with my admech with the excuse that they're there so a magos biologis can jerk off to them?

Excellent post my fellow malice worshipper.

Paint. Paint will set you free.

whateverth for best daddy

yes Now in exclusive Citadel Finecast™

I just wish my only lGS in the area wasn't a GW so I could use these fellows.

but it's hard, especially since i'm working with mainly white

What armies can have viable terminator lists? Excluding Grey Knights, because they are gay.

Death Guard? They have 2 types, might work? They don't seem as tough as you'd think, 4++ doesn't really match the 3++ of a stormshield.

Dark Angels? They seem classic but a lot of their melee shit hits on 4s and that just seems crap.

Generic CSM/SM?

Never paint straight white. Always paint light grey.

Did you have a stroke there user?

Not really, and illegal within the rules

>Dark Mechanicus when
>I want evil robots and small daemon engines
Play chaos space marines with Daemon engines and chaos cultists

Riptides need a 29 point decrease.

Don't think that's an option ofr tyranids

Dark Angels Deathwing is the way to go.

they have T5 and ignore a third of their wounds, they're tough as shit.

What are you making and what's your method? this too if you aren't. Celeste grey, ulthuan grey, and white scar for the edges always and forever.

That's like saying admech is the same as space marines

Why do you think so?

more like 100.

Yes

They have a problem with Malice? I know he isn't "canon" but really?

General CSM are pretty dope too, if you count obliterators as termies, and I think mutilators got a point drop recently that make them less shite and gay as well

>Why can't I have a 3++ rerolling save that hits on 2s and at S10 with 2d3 damage

Wasn't there a rouge trader story about Sanguinius having a wife ?
Can anyone help me out to find that story again ( if it exists, which i actually doubt )

Malice is fucking canon.

No they have a problem with 3rd party models.

1/3 of wounds is cool... but on a 2 wound model that doesn't mean much.

I mentioned them because they have cool new models but I'm not sold on their viability.

Is 62pts for a combi-melta and a power axe with reroll 1s to wound worth it? GK Paladins with their 3 wounds seem better.

TBF the boy isn't wrong, cultists, dinobots and FW Hellwrights will do as a counts-as Darkmech army until Geedubs gets off their asses and gives us a right propa R&H army

just painting ,nids leviathan scheme. I have no method, i'm new at this. Just painting white scar on a primed, black model.

Hell Blade or Hell Talon?

that's exactly what a amalal worshiper would say

Chapter approved leak when

Dreadnought or Stormtalon?

Woah thats a bit much. Would make them criminally undercosted again. I am just trying to give them a slight buff.

>Geedubs gets off their asses and gives us a right propa R&H army
I'll have to play from the hospital then because I would have suffered a heart attack.

Oh right, well user here could paint official daemons malice colors. Sons of Malice have done that in the lore.

4++/5+++ is equivalent mathematically to 3++, which with their T5 means they're harder to kill than a regular TH/SS termie. Here's comparisons on how many shots it takes to kill them and how that matches up to their cost (rows 52-53 and 138-139):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=981477496:

It's what I already do just sad because these models are great being based off of the original daemons of malal artwork.

>Daemon engines=evil robots
>CSM=thallax
>Cultists=evil mini robots/chaos servitors
>Chaos tanks= daemonic mechanicum tanks
Death guard would be perfect for dark mechanicum

Deathwatch
>3 heavy weapons per 5 man team
>can take meltaguns with their powerfists
>can teleport back to deployment zone if needed
>ignores morale if you want big squads+buffs
>badass dropship
>more modelling variety due to mix and match nature

Truly the best ette

Nah I feel ya. They really are good models.

Holy fuck no. Stop. Prime white or grey at most. Do not use straight white. Start with light grey and work your way up, only use white scar for fine highlights.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stop what you're doing immediately. Never paint white onto black and never a layer paint like white scar.

First, undercoat with white. This gives you much less work to do and a better start to work with instead of a thousand layers of ceramite white to cover black before you even start.

Try something like this for speed painting out a jillion gaunts youtu.be/SlkeURdZ8D8

Simple wash on white can add great sepia flesh color.

Here's some more help for you in leviathan flavor
youtu.be/gevL5Rvn0Jc
youtu.be/QLRd0TBRskk

If you have any questions ask here or in WIP. being new is hard.

any place with the pdf of chapter approved? current mega lacks it

chapter approooveeeeeeeeed

>criminally undercosted
Ion+2 Fusion, ATS and Target Lock would even still be 278 at -100 points which is garbage. HBC and Missiles would be 224 which isn't much better when you run its output averages.

Are they better or worse than other terminators then?

Chapter Awoooo'd

in the past two years we've had true scale space marines, genestealer cults, the storyline progressing and plastic sisters

stranger things have happened

worse, too slow.

Well thank you. It's been taking me days to paint these fuckers because of the hundreds of white layers I've had to paint.

We cant have the riptide be good user. Its just not allowed.

ya but chapter awoo when

>Dark Angels
if you want to go loyalist Deathwatch and Yiffs completely outclass Deathwing

Right lads, got three carnifexes left to build, and I want all ten in total to be unique.

So far I have:
>Old one eye
>Dakkafex with senses, spines, thresher scythe and four devourers
>Crushing claws, deathspitters, tusks, shrouded, bonemace.
>Screamer Killer, shrouded
>Stonecrusher with dual claws, bonemace
>Stonecrusher with flail, claw, mace
>Four devourers, acid maw, shroud, mace

What should I do with the other three? I know I want one to have a venom cannon and senses, but can't decide whether to have it take a close combat weapon or deathspitters. Gonna run them kraken, so getting caught in melee isn't a concern.

Well fuck I did not know layer vs undercoat actually mattered. Thanks again.

Yiffs will probably be the best just because they can make 32ppm squads and actually get some bodies on the field.

MONKEY PAW

Depends on what you're looking for. Deathshrouds will absolutely murder anything you throw them at and are damned hard to kill, but they're only M4 and advance half so you really want some Warp Time on your side to get them moving after deep strike. Blightlords are less powerful but more versatile and usually cheaper, you can kit them out for shooting or melee with a lot of variety and they have access to the Flail of Corruption which is possibly the single most busted weapon in the game. I mean, you're asking for a full terminator list, which is always gonna be hard to make work, but these two can put in some serious work with the proper support if you're willing to try it.

I got a $2,000 new computer

how do I /40k/ with it?

TTS? Dark Crusade?

So what will we do once Finecast is retired completely?

Play arma with a 40k mod.

ZOGGIT: REPER-CUZZINS OF MUCKIN' ABOUT
Gitkrumpa waited. The loity gubbins above 'im blinked 'n sparked outta da air. Dere wuz humies in da rok. He didn’t see dem, but 'ad expected dem for...for...lotz of time. 'is warnins to Warboss Gobsmasha were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Gitkrumpa was a dead 'ard git fer a buncha time. When 'e were a weedy yoof 'e watched da kill kroozers and 'e said t' da boss “'ERE WE GO 'ERE WE GO 'ERE WE GO!”
Boss said “SHUT IT! YOU WILL BE KILL BY HUMIES!”
Dere wuz a time when 'e believeded 'im. Den as 'e got oldered he stopped. But now in da zoggin big rok of da big boss Gobsmasha 'e knew dere wuz humies.
"Dis is Gobsmasha” da talky-squig crackered. “Quit muckin about and krump da humies!”
So Gitkrumpa gotted 'is flash and blew up da wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the weedy humies
“GLORY FOR THE FIRST MAN TO DIE! CHARGE!” said 'da Kommizzar 'n 'e fired the rokkit bullets. Gitkrumpa dakkaed at 'im and tried to krumped 'im good. But den da ceiling fell and dey wuz trapped 'n not able t'krump.
“No! I must krump the humies” he shouted
The talky-squig said “STUFF IT, YA GIT! YOU IZ DA HUMIES!”
And den Gitkrumpa wuz in a penal legion

you can get DoWIII for $12 now on humble

COMPLAIN

Screamer Killers are nuts

Layer paints contain less pigment.

Thats still too much.

>retiring the best line

never

Armored or scout sentinels? which weapon is the best for them?

>Play chaos space marines with Daemon engines and chaos cultists
You mean 7th edition CSM?

>Flail of Corruption which is possibly the single most busted weapon in the game
>S6, Ap-2, 2D

???

>$2,000
List your build fucboi.

I'm gonna do what I did 2 computers ago probably, play ultimate apocalypse mod on DOW soulstorm with the tyranids/GK/daemons mod attached

still best 40k experience imo

I'm not taking more screamer killers though: The plasma is garbage and they cost more than another 'fex with the same setup otherwise.

Only reason I have -one- is because it's iconic, and the morale debuff might be handy.

Hellblade is an awesome model but absolutely one of the worst units in the game.

i mena you do get like 5 other games with it

specs?

You know, minus actually building, painting and playing actual 40k.

>tfw greenwing from successor DA chapter
>tfw denied of special characters
>tfw my infantry doesn't even has any special CHAPTER hability, months after the release of the fucking indexes

I am going to get royally buttfucked with DA codex rite? Just some stupid Primaris shit I don't want and that's it.
God I hate myself but luckily I hate GW more.

No problem. You're in the hands of Duncan now. Excellent video tutorials for beginning.
Absolutely. Gotta be selective with how you decide to undercoat based on what you want to paint. You can immediately see the difference in trying to paint a light color on white instead of black. Keep in mind too that on a black undercoated model that's mostly dark but has some bright bits, like the shoulder of a black templar for example, you want to put down a cost of ceramite white, a base paint white, before adding your light colours on top. Base paints have better coverage than layers, which are designed to be partially translucent and show the colour beneath them. youtu.be/hRR7W5-F15c

Kamikaze scout with Flamer.

Armoured with Autocannon/Missile launcher.
Put in cover so it becomes a nuisance with a 2+ save.

Any Dark Angel leaks yet beside the useless Grim Resolve?

>The Plasma is garbage
Have you considered running OOE with them?

TTS

He adds 1 in the fight phase only.

wha that?