Gygax a shit. A shit!

The more I read about him, the more I realise Gygax was actually kind of a cunt. He tried to cut Arneson out of his royalties, and he ran his company into the ground but somehow everyone else was to blame.

>"His contributions were ideas,nothing more, Dave can't design his way out of a paper bag."
- Gygax

>"We each brought something, and we had fun, when the money came, people's personalities changed. That's all I'm going to say. Everything went fine when it was just a bunch of guys working out of basements. I wish that had gone on longer."
-Dave Arneson

Also,
>pimping out your daughter to sell your game system

Gygax is a shamefur dispray.

have you tried not playing dnd?

>still trying to force his shit meme on a D&D board

Why are you even here?

Gygax made more than AD&D.

Gygax didn't run TSR into the ground, the Blumes seized control of it at the tail end of the D&D boom because they wanted that money train to be all theirs. From then on, Gygax was an employee, not the man in charge, up until they threw him out entirely.
And Arneson was a great DM, but shit at actually getting anything done. He had to have somebody else do all the work part of any work he was assigned, or it never got past the "jumble of rough ideas" stage. It was weak for Gygax to try to cut him out of royalties, but beyond the initial "cool ideas" stage, Arneson didn't do much.

DnD is shit though, He is right, There are better systems out there.

D100 and D6 systems are infinitely better in every way. Even D10 systems tend to be better.
Hell i once played a ghetto D2 system that was way better than DnD.

I think the crucial question here is:
Is that GG's daughter?
Did h marry a supermodel? Genetics doesn't add up

Yes, that is his daughter.

It was still Arneson's idea. And maybe Gygax was a "better" autist than Arneson, but Arneson was a better person.

I see no other evidences than cracked.com, that is saying worse than nothing

Ideas are easy, though. Implementation is the hard part.

Why does the die matter

>on a D&D board

I think the designer of Mythos RPG shouldn't really criticize other designers too harshly.

I'm gonna keep playing it out of spite because you assholes are so annoying.

D&D is by far the most played roleplaying game on this board. Even 5e alone is the game that the majority of roleplayers here play.

Constantly shitposting in hopes of getting people to stop playing D&D here is like going into a French restaurant and getting upset about seeing French food.

Dice decide how the Mechanics will work, And in a since, Can decide how role play works.

Have you tried not being a cunt?

>ghetto D2 system
do you remember what it was called?

This response is older then you mate

The important thing to remember is that everyone associated with RPG production companies, at any level, ever, is a complete cunt. Every single person in the industry is shit, and always has been

>ran the company into the ground
Because he was the one buying company cars and working to resurrect a sunken ship, right?

So why are d100 (more granularity, arguably too much) and d6 (less granularity) both better than d20?

That's what Veeky Forums has taught me.

Because he, personally. likes them, which is the only true, objective metric of a system's design strengths!

GW, WotC, Wizkids, Palladium, CGL, Privateer...the list of shit-tier people in gaming is a LOT longer than the list of worthwhile human beings.

A-are the L5R guys okay?

Which ones, AEG, or FFG?

Hahahaha.'

Dude, google Elise Gygax if you don't believe me. That's her.

Oh my sweet summer child.

McDonalds is by far the most popular restaurant.
People like that it's cheap and easily available. Many who eat fast food exclusively and insist it's great become fat, stupid, and diabetic.

The same applies to dnd.

>thinking that you can get people to do what you want by annoying them
No you morons, it doesn't work like that. If you bitch about D&D every time it's mentioned you'll just make people want to play it more. It's why the tobacco companies fund those obnoxious "anti-smoking" ads.

>the list of worthwhile human beings.
Can I get that list? I want to know who I can actually feel good about supporting.

When i say ghetto, i mean it was made from scrap and trash improve. We took a coin, said what we wanted to do, then flipped the coin. On a heads we do it with epic success. On a tails we failed with comical sillines. Its takes the worst part of D20 and makes it a system. If you need a 5% percent chance to make your story good why not ramp it up to 50% chance?

I mean I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure that you can't get diabetes from playing D&D.

>All hopped up on dice system
It's like you can't even into game mechanics, just dice sides of autism

Have you tried not being stupid?

The bloke who makes Fate of the Norns is a nice dude.

Source: Had a beer with him once and chatted about the then-upcoming monster manual

From what I've heard the guy who designed the Eberron setting is pretty chill too. Or at least he's nerdy enough to answer random questions about his setting.

Ken Hite is a pretty cool dude, and I know a guy who writes Fate books that was pretty nice.

FFG is fine, unfortunately their parent company are ruining gaming

Dave, the dude who made the Dropfleet/Dropzone Commander games is pretty excellent. Shame that Hawk was bought out by some bullshit company that's going to ruin it, but oh well.

It has been shown that playing 3.x does cause brain problems though.

>being so butthurt about a game you don't like that you cry about it constantly
Grow up, manchild.

You first

>I know u are but what am I!!!
You're supposed to be 18 to post here.

>better person
You know that he gave shit to absolutely everyone else who worked on the game, calling them all idiots, while himself contributing exactly one book that had to be basically completely rewritten because its final form was a giant pile of uncomprehensible garbage, right?

>shitposting in hopes of getting people to stop playing D&D
He's shitposting in the hopes of getting attention, user.
By using a meme so ancient that it should be second-nature to ignore it.

A multi d6 (or anything really) is better in that you can do stuff with probability I.e. in a 2D6 system a roll of 2 or 12 is 1/36 of the time versus rolling a 7 1/6 of the time. A straight up D6 or D100 every number is just as probable and any other A D100 can get around this by having larger bands of values correspond to common events but a single D6 system is pretty weak.

Mostly this though

>Got loads of products on the shelves fast enough to keep TSR alive for several more years
That's a pretty fucked-up way to spell 'bloated the market with a constant train of unwanted supplements that nobody bought, resulting in them sitting around in warehouses, causing the company to rack up giant overhead costs that would eventually require the company to be bought to be saved.'
She wasn't all bad, but nobody should try to fucking sugarcoat the damage Williams did.

, , , , ,

Really? Because yeah, I can see how that can actually work. I hate those retarded commercials so much, it's made me vaguely dislike anti-smoking people.

>There are FOUR THOUSAND CHEMICALS in a cigarette!

Well no shit, there's even more than that in natural vanilla. (Which is why it tastes so much better than that artificial vanillin shit they used to use)

Fair enough. The pros and cons of it are good to have out there, I'll admit. Running a business is pretty damn hard, after all.
Ironically, her strategy would have worked a lot better in the modern age, with crowdfunding and print-on-demand.

>>"His contributions were ideas,nothing more, Dave can't design his way out of a paper bag."

That still entitles him to royalties Gygax. Also, look who's talking Mr. I didn't design a good system until DCC.

>>"We each brought something, and we had fun, when the money came, people's personalities changed. That's all I'm going to say. Everything went fine when it was just a bunch of guys working out of basements. I wish that had gone on longer."

This sad bullshit has been repeated since the dawn of time. Don't let money people and marketing get intellectual control over your product.

>>pimping out your daughter to sell your game system

I doubt she was bothered by any promotional stuff. Lot's of young women love the idea of being models and helping out their family members with creative projects.

Look at the responses to both of these comments. It's comedic gold. The detractors of both opinions zeroed in on them like flies on shit!

Old Chinese proverb:
What's the difference between a king and a bandit?
The bandit lost.
Both of them acted like assholes back in the day; we just pretend the one who won the battle of 'who gets the money' was the bigger asshole.

get fucked you revisionist piece of shit

>D&D is by far the most played roleplaying game on this board.
Even if that was true, it wouldn't make it a D&D board, faggot. And even if THAT was true, it would not imply that I have to toe the fucking party line.

So you'll have to live with my stating that D&D is a fairly mediocre game.

>Constantly shitposting in hopes of getting people to stop playing D&D here
Lel, I am under no illusions regarding that, I'm no fucking teenager.

Do you have a single shred of evidence to back up these quotes?

I've googled each and nothing has popped up other than this Veeky Forums thread.

>more granularity, arguably too much
Because added granularity causes additional workload which is just too much to bear, amirite?I mean numbers between 1-20 are obviously much., much easier to deal with than numbers between 1 and 100! 5 times easier, in fact!

>D&D board
The above remark makes me rather wonder if this isn't retard board.

>"We each brought something, and we had fun, when the money came, people's personalities changed. That's all I'm going to say. Everything went fine when it was just a bunch of guys working out of basements. I wish that had gone on longer."

This is just how start ups turn into corporations, though. The demands of an internationally successful product either create or demand a mentality that is different from spitballing garage projects, and that's always going to strain friendships.

The recent gygax spam is just neocommies trying to attack what they perceive to be one of the sacred cows of roleplaying.

>Also, look who's talking Mr. I didn't design a good system until DCC.
...do you actually think Gygax had anything to do with DCC? He was dead at the time.

She's just well tarted up and shot here

No, but let me ask you this okay, have YOU tried not being stupid?

Have you tried not being stupid?