IRL Random Encounters

Situations IRL that could reasonably find their way onto an RPG random encounter table.
>Got back from drinking away some of my stress
>Passing through my apartment
>College student carrying a fucking street sign he ripped out of the ground
>I tell him, "What are you doing? You can't just take a street sign."
>He just opens the staircase door and says, "Well, you're wrong."
>MFW I'm too drunk at the time for the police to take me seriously
>MFW I have no face

>X day X month
>No food
>Welp I guess I'll have to eat at some restaurant
>On my way to the restaurant
>Weird Spanish game card with a telephone number written on it laying on the floor
>Pick the card and keep it because why the fuck not
>Weeks later
>After buying the groceries at Walmart
>New card with a different number
>Welp that's two of them now
>A month later
>Walking through the local park on my way to the movie theater
>Backpack lying on the ground
>All contents lying around it
>Take a closer look
>There is a whole bunch of more cards there
>Everything seems to have been there for a while
>Mfw I realize I ignored all the plot hooks

Forgot face

Did you ever call the numbers?

snitches get stitches, you rat faced bastard

>go camping with friends
>camp on a remote peninsula
>no underbrush
>insanely thick layer of moss
>quiet
>no birds
>find a bear skull, an intact spine and other random bones scattered around a small gully
>2spooky4me.png

Nah, after finding the backpack I decided that wasn't probably the best idea

Did you kept the skull?

I gave it a now ex gf. I still regret it over five years later.

>Be 16, snooping around for any casual employment or extra sources of cash I can find, some aunt of mine has a friend who knows someone starting up a secret shopper business
>Register on their site, leave some deets, set up payment shit etc. never hear from them again.
>OVER 2 YEARS LATER
>Receive an email and SMS from "Shadow Corporation" informing me I have "been activated"
>It's a casual job and they already have my details, I just need to print out a checklist they have provided, go to a specific bank within walking distance of my house at a specific time and fill it out. Literally a 30 minute window. Pay is $20.
>WHAT THE FUCK
>Go there. Everyone is weirded out by the situation, none more so than me, but nonetheless I am let in, I do shit like check the cleanliness of everything, check out their vault, very inane shit, it isn't like I'm qualified to judge the numbers game around here etc.
>Submit report online
>Get $20 wired to me from an unregistered account number
>2 weeks later, I was paging through my phone history and noticed that in the middle of the night a while ago *it* had texted a massive block of seemingly meaningless numeric codes *to* an unregistered number
>WHAT THE FUCK

It's been a really long time and nothing else came of this but this is very high up there as far as weird events in my life. To this day I have never actually managed to find who it was that actually knew anything about this company, I've just ASSUMED that the prologue to this story and the content are connected, and that the latter part is some weird coincidence.

I have one, happened a good few years back
>Late evening
>Walking through town with a small group of friends
>One of them has his skateboard with him
>Another group of like 3-4 guys slightly older than us is walking behind us
>Suddenly one of them sprints from behind us, quickly whips the skateboard out of my friends' hands and rides away on it
>Fucker was so quick about it took us a second to realise what happened
>Friend is completely dumbstruck, I after shrugging off initial confusion want to chase after the guy
>But then we see that after riding for like, 100 metres or even less he just turns around and comes back to us
>He gives the skateboard back, apologises my friend and explains that he just made a bet with his friend that he wouldn't steal it
>He pulls out his wallet and gives my friend 20% of the sum he betted, "for inconvenience"

Do you smoke a lot of weed dude? Family history of mental disease perhaps?

No weed (first time I even tried it would have been after both incidents), no family history of mental disease. Had some minor anxiety issues at the time but I was pretty pleased to have gotten easy work, even if it was a pittance and didn't turn into a regular thing.

*disorder, only spotted that after I posted.

Apart from Dad's folks getting dementia at the age you would expect it to happen, everyone is fit as a fiddle.

I realized seepingly as I read this thread that I have way, way too many of those.

>Saturday night at McDonald's with a friend, distinctly not sober
>Still far from blasted enough to see anything that isn't there
>Crammed with immigrants from the parking lot, standing in teams of four each around two pimped-out family cars
>Two outside at the door, four around the counter, two on the inside by the other door
>Get food, sit down close to the door and windows just in case
>Car rolls up outside, and two people step out
>It's a black-clad, bald gorilla and a little smiling Danish man in his fifties in a tracksuit
>The two are greeted by the immigrants, who seem really fucking tense and resentful, and we finish our food as fast as we can and get out

That McDonald's is right next to two immigrant-heavy, gang-ridden housing blocks, and right one mile up the road is an industrial and automobile quarter with quite a few rocker gang headquarters.
There was also the time where we were going to explore an abandoned house like once before, but then saw a flashlight and heard the barking of what was probably a German Shepherd of the kind that big men keep on chains.
The time where we met the Swede in his 40's with a cheap comb-over carrying around a Netto bag full of beer, who screamed nonsensical Skåne dialect at us while following us for ten minutes.
The time we met the homeless guy Respiratoren (The Respirator), who talks about his daughter's tuition five times in an hour with the exact same phrasing and smokes in the train.
I vaguely remember a time where I and some friends might have been the random encounter - I have memories of pushing a shopping cart containing a burning laptop at sprinting speed down the brick-laid central street, screaming "Feuer! Feuer!". Another friend who did it was for some reason picked up bodily and then let down by an immigrant, seemingly in good cheer.
Fuck, you need to try to make life in provincial Denmark fun.

>- I have memories of pushing a shopping cart containing a burning laptop at sprinting speed down the brick-laid central street, screaming "Feuer! Feuer!". Another friend who did it was for some reason picked up bodily and then let down by an immigrant, seemingly in good cheer.
This sounds like something you should really remember in greater detail.
How wasted were you at the time?

>snitches get stitches, you rat faced bastard
Let's just ignore a criminal stealing public property bought on your tax money.
It's not even a justifiable theft, like some bum stealing food to survive.

>"Well, you're wrong."

>CN in action

Had one just yesterday actually.
>Driving to work
>Winter's setting in, so rather cold.
>Rather like the cold, so have window open.
>Take advantage of the fact that no one else is insane enough to have windows open (and generally don't give a fuck) and blast metal
>Stuck at a red light about to turn into work
>Distinct feeling I am being watched
>Turn to see a pickup truck next to me with its window down
> Fucker holding a large, garden rock out the window.
> "You like rock?"
> looks like he is prepping to throw the rock at my car
> "Errr... excuse me?"
> "Just say yes!"
>Light turns green
> Nope the fuck out of there.

Not the most exciting story, I know, but closest to an irl encounter I've had.

>Late on a Saturday in college
>Studying with friends in the ground-floor kitchen of a dorm.
>Suddenly a latino guy presses his face up against the glass and excitedly knocks and motions to be let in
>We glance at each other, confused, but let him in
>He is *very* drunk, makes a b-line to me, shakes my hand and hugs me
>"OH MY GOD I thought you were *name I don't know*, he is famous Puerto Rican pop star!
>My great-grandfather was Puerto Rican
>I do not look Puerto Rican, at all
>mfw I had been telling these two friends for years that I was 1/8th Puerto Rican, but they never believed me
They STILL don't believe me, despite having met my grandfather who actually did look hispanic. I feel obligated to remind them of this night every once in a while.

>>He just opens the staircase door and says, "Well, you're wrong."
Not sure why but it's fun to take street signs.
Once when I was a young teen I was talking a walk during a storm, saw a street sign that had toppled over and decided to carry it with me, then left it outside a buddies lawn.
A few days later we were going out to see a movie and he was telling me about how his dad was mad about how he had brought that thing with him.
He tried to say he didn't do it, but his dad said something like "Do you really expect me to believe that someone leaves a street sign on our lawn in the middle of the night?".

Not sure if it's the same sign, but there was one sign that me and a friend kept giving eachother as a birthday gift.
I gave it to him on his birthday, then when my birthday came around he gave it back to me, then his came around and I wrapped it and added a card to it, that time he drew over my name and added his and gave it to a third guy.
The third guy kept it and put it up like a painting on his wall.

ITT user goes shadowrunning

You know what I think it is? White-hat security work.
In cases of simple but sensitive busywork like measuring specifications on bank security and vaults, qualifications are a minus rather than a plus.
Relying on a limited pool of people increases the risk of allowing a plant to get a hold of important data, as well as putting the resources for a robbery or a data sale to for example a gang into one person's hands.
By setting it up through a job site like that, you gain an almost infinite pool of people who'll do the job, take the money and forget about it, without knowing anything about how to use the information or who to sell it to.
The banks are the ones hiring the companies, which is probably why there was no problem - and the messages in the night were probably a certification code from the security company to either the bank or the police to prove it's a legal transaction.

>Going to the bank by foot
>Go across a very inconvenient intersection because coffee place near there
>Short man wearing a giant cross around his neck appears out of nowhere
>Carries three giant signs with
>"The Pope and the Jesuits are trying to assassinate me" written on them
>One sign is in English, the second in Spanish and the third in Russian
>"Dear Brother, can you help me?"
>Ignore him and keep walking dumbfounded
>two months later
>Crossing the same intersection as last time
>Short guy can be seen from afar now
>His signs have changed though
>"The Jesuits are trying to assassinate me"

For some reason, it never came to me that I need to go ask if he made up with the Pope and I've never seen him again for the past two years.

Every time God rolls on my random encounter table he always seems to land on "scammer" or "bum".

>be at A-School, a place where navy guys get basic training for their speciffic jobs before they get sent to their first ship
>out walking back from LGS with tall, skinny farm kid who just turned 18, naive as fuck
>some old black guy with obvious meth-rotted teeth stops us
>gives up some story about having a breakdown and not being able to pay for his repairs, you know the shtick. He wants us to go to an ATM and lend him some cash.
>I don't believe a word of it, but my friend fell hook-line-and-sinker
>spend the next hour trying to convince him it's bullshit
>man pulls out a phone and pretends to call his wife
>I ask to talk to his wife
>"Uh, she just hung up."
>tell him to call her back
>he changes the subject
>friend still wants to believe him
>ask man why his insurance doesn't pay for it
>says he doesn't want his rates to go up
>tell him to take us to the shop so we can pay for it in person
>says it's too far away
>man keeps showing us a scar on his chest, saying something about heart surgery, for whatever reason
>ect. ect. ect.
>my friend STILL wants to loan him money
>end up almost literally dragging his ass back to base
Was the GM railroading me?

Welcome to the NWO, user.

The Technocratic Union thanks you for your service.

This happened to me when I was in High school
>Taking a walk around the neighborhood at night, about 10:00 pm.
>Blasting my tunes, having a great time
>Up in the distance I see a little girl, about 12-13 walking in my direction
>I turn off my mp3 player, because I'm going to talk to this kid
>When we get closer I ask "What are doing out here at this time of night?"
>"Walking"
>"Do you need help?"
>"Nope, I'm safe"
>"Safe?"
>She reaches behind her and pulls out a god dam meat cleaver I didn't see
>She smiles and says I'm cute and keeps walking
Fucking kids, this is why I live in the country.

>Meeting up with two friends and having a good time
>one of them drives me to my house in the suburbs at 2:00 am
>after arrival, we're standing outside the car to finish our chat
>a man in a pink bunny costume walks on the street and casually passes by
>the bunny man pushes an empty shopping cart

A shadowrunner team just needed your services

>Many years ago, when I was like 15 or whatever
>School is over early
>My mom picks me up and we go to a pizzeria
>It's totally empty aside from us and the owner
>While we're eating, two Italian men step in, both dressed like MiBs (no sunglasses though)
>One is a bald headed goliath, the other one a sleek guy in his 50s or so
>The owner get's REALLY nervous
>The two men confront him in Italian, right in the middle of the restaurant
>They argue and after a while the two men get really aggressive, while the owner tries to appease them
>Then the men just leave
>we finish our meal and pay
>the owner just plays it, like nothing happened

>and I've never seen him again for the past two years

The girl was actually a vampire and may not be as young as she looks.

Pizza shops are really common mob money laundering outfits. Lot of cash and tips you can falsify and making a fake order is as easy as writing it down and saying the customer paid cash and ordered over the phone or in shop for carryout.

Maybe you stumbled upon an edge weeb.
When was this?

About 2008, which would made me 16 at the time.

Sounds like it could add up then.

I got intimidated by an edgy weeb with a cleaver. Fucking hell, I thought she was a psycho. I feel ashamed and foolish for being scared of a weeb.

>Be me, eating out with family after a trip
>Just eating Taco Bell, probably the least bad fast food
>Three teenage black kids burst in the door
>AWRIGHT WE DOIN' THIS
>Shit am I about to be involved in a robbery
>The two that didn't yell drop to the ground and begin doing sit-ups
>AWRIGHT NOW PUSH-UPS
>They begin doing push-ups, in a pretty decent form
>NO THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO THEM
>The leader pushes one to the side and begins doing clap push-ups
>The three of them then sprint out without another word
>My family goes back to our meal

Perhaps my GM wanted me to get involved somehow, then realized it was way too odd and just chose to end the encounter?

>During the night-owl phase of my life.
>Parents living at my house while their house was getting repaired after a housefire.
>Climb downstairs for a cuppa joe.
>Look out the window across to my mom's car.
>some guy in a grey coat and bowler hat looking at the hood.
>looks to me, walks through the wall and the window.
>shows me a glitchy, corrupted picture of a videogame character, still recognizable as a fangame version of said character.
>vanishes.

Though, if we're going with non-supernatural stuff...

>strolling in small town waiting for my car to be fixed.
>buy a pack of chicken jerky while i'm at it.
>decide to get some pizza as well, head to the opposite side of town from the garage.
>someone's doing donuts on a parking lot.
>doing a poor job of it, until i realize they're drawing a mandala pattern with skid marks.
>car rolls off the pattern and stops.
>some girl, no older than a preteen wearing some sort of gothic lolita getup climbs out while japanese eurobeat blasts from the car speakers.
>some guy in a ripped up suit hands her a cigar.
>she talks with them for a while, and walks over to me.
>"Hi sugar daddy~"
>*panics internally*
>She tells me to play along.
>we walk for a while, i'm getting yelled at by two other suit guys.
>once we get to the pizza shop i was heading to, she pays for my order.
>"Y'know, i wouldn't mind if you were my actual sugar daddy...
>i'm confused, i didn't know what sugar daddy translated to, assume it's something sexual.
>she sits on my leg on the bench.
>that'sabulge.jpg
>she's a trap.
>"You do know i'm not gay, right?"
>"Aww, how boring...Here, call me if you change your mind, teddybear~"
>we end up eating jerky while my order's getting made, i start playing Contact on my DS.
>end up learning how to up my anti-blade levels from her.
>head back to the garage and drive home in confusion and a slight whyboner.
>never met her again, forgot the number in my pocket while washing my jeans, smudging it.

I seriously do not know which of these two stories is weirder.

>her

>story 2
Shoulda gone for it, mate. You had a great chance there and fucked it up.

And meanwhile the most disastrous thing I have done while drunk was crushing several people with bear hugs and vomiting on the uni basement club's floor

I've seen Bowler Hat a few times more, always as a little glimpse either in front of an aquarium or in front of the stove.
Mom mentioned it's a ghost who lived in the old house and moved to the new one when dad broke down the main support pillar.

I'd say that's testament to his ability to pass as a girl, i still remember him as a her.

In my defence, for one i was barely 18 at the time, looked 16 and didn't want anyone getting in trouble because people can't tell my age and for two I was both courting my phys ed tutor (with very limited success because fatso) and apparently had the semi-yandere affections of another classmate i was too anime-tier dense to notice.

I may have met him again over Omegle, at least the speech patterns roughly matched and he did mention the exact total of my order from that day, and even used the "teddybear" nickname after i asked if he was the guy doing donuts at the parking lot. He was supposedly a whopping five years older than me.

>bald gorilla
>man in his 50's

Same guy?

>21 yrs old
>Have a night out in my hometown
>End up in some urbanite bar for pretentious people looking to cool my heels for the night
>This Indian lady who looks 30 or a really good 40 offers to buy me a drink
>She's actually pretty hot looking through the booze goggles, so I play along
>She asks me if I'd take my shirt off for her
>Can't do that in the middle of the bar, obviously, so I play it off as a complement
>No, she's actually serious about this, and pretty drunk
>I make my excuses and chat with her a bit
>End up paying for my drink anyways because I'm drunk and chivalry (read: my drunk ego) demands it
>We end up sitting outside while she smokes
>She brings along this other man who looks 25+
>Turns out they had some sort of relationship, though I couldn't figure out whether it was romantic or even sexual
>Plying me with complements all the while, she reveals that she's doing some globetrotting
>Gives me a number to call, says she's going to be in the nearby area at a party the next day
>Ended up kissing her a few times but nothing more
>Went home, woke up the next day and figured it probably wouldn't be a good idea to accept this offer
>Still have her number on my phone, never called it
She's someone's sugar momma, I'm sure, but my instincts told me it was a bad idea.

>early morning, off to work
>walk out to the car
>something's on the hood
>is that some odd branch, or a curled up piece of string or something?
>it's got a fucking head
>it's a fucking whipe snake, in Sweden
>did it escape, climb the tree, freeze to death and fall down?
>start the car so it can warm up while I scrape the frost off the windows
>oh, there's a cobra sitting on the wind-shield wiper too, hooded up in full attack position
>both covered in rime, so they should be dead as doornails, but I'm not taking any chances
>get a stick, flick 'em away, get to work

Thinking about it further, I decided that, nah, I couldn't have seen right. Gotta be rubber snakes, yeah?

>come home
>look around, no sign of the cobra
there's the whip snake
>yeah, it's a real fucking (dead) snake alright, pic related
>the green colour fades quickly after death, so it hadn't been dead more than a day or two here
>left it in a flowerbed, it went grey and decayed away

So yeah, someone left two dead, venomous, exotic snakes on the hood of my car. I don't know anyone who keeps snakes.

How the cobra was found. Sun wouldn't be up for a few hours, so photo's pretty crap. Notice the milky eye, I don't think a rubber snake's likely to be painted like that, and the whip snake I got to see decay into scales and skeleton.

weird

Shit, man, that's a legit snake.
You didn't piss off any snake charmers to the point of them trying to assassinate you, did you?

Found the Rat

I have no real story where I'm not said random encounter or just dragged in another over-the-top side quest / shitty railroading, but stealing signs is like a tradition in my family;
My mom used to travel with a screwdriver so she could remove any she didn't like (or when it made her driving skilz illegal), she gave most of them to friends but we still have a fair collection in the family house.

>waiting for a bus in the middle of the night in baltimore
>old greasy guy in a leather jacket sits next to me, we do the whole polite fake nice conversation thing
>guy pulls out a ss dagger in the middle of his conversation, and says he loves finding treasure
>"you're one of those orientals aren't you? you must know where to find lots of treasure" Guy is completely straight face and sober
>I assure him I do not
>He ain't buying it, and he pulls out various bits of nazi memorabilia including an iron cross and and a Nazi Eagle,sorta showcasing them off and offering to trade them to me for my "treasure". Doesn't say anything political dude just really loves his treasure apparently
>bus finally arrives, I nope the fuck out of there and here him cursing at me in Polish as I get on the bus, he makes likes he's about to get on the bus to but sorta hisses at the doorway and cant seem to will himself to go through the bus entryway, bus driver asks if he's going to get on or not, and the dude sorta justs runs away down the street

You met an IRL murderhobo, he probably found that stuff while hunting Nazi gold.

>lets tattle on someone for what is, essentially, a victimless crime possibly ruining their lives but thats okay because now I feel better because I did a good thing

Yeah, you're a dick. How do those boots taste?

Why would you be surprised by snakes in Sweden?

I can't believed I missed this post when I posted my creepy girl story. Was anyone in danger? Did he try to kill someone or sell drugs to little kids? No he didn't, he stole a street sign. You're not a rat if there's a legitimate victim in the crime, but the only victim was a street sign and the government who's got a put new one up. That means you're a fucking rat, and no one likes a rat. No one.

OP here. I was drunk at the time and couldn't tell if it was an important sign, like the sort that could get someone killed in a traffic accident if it were removed. He didn't give me enough time to see. Pretty sure it wasn't a stop sign or yield though.

You're thinking of Switzerland.

Not him, but you are a goddamn parasite. No matter how big a country you live in, you should never purposefully hinder the government just because you feel like it. In the end you are fucking over not only yourself, but also your neighbours and fellow countrymen. What purpose does stealing that street sign serve? I would guess that none and that man just stole for fun.

You're thinking of Austria

Ok, so the thief not only inconveniences the government by forcing it to replace the sign, which I have to pay for with my tax dollars, but depending on the location and type of sign, people could be confused or endangered. Stealing a Yield or Stop or Wrong Way sign? Shit person, endangering public, should be arrested and fined if not imprisoned.

You're thinking of Germany

Captcha was street signs, oddly appropriate

She probably carries that thing for people exactly like you. Who goes and talks to some random kid on the street?

is that stuff supposed to be cursed? dude wasnt drunk but he wasnt allright either

This, also most mexican places run by actual mexicans are fronts for heroin trafficking. But god damn can they make the fuck outtta those tacos.

You're both little bitches. You call me parasite, but you're the kind of people that would rat out your "fellow" countrymen for a couple of bucks. No victim was harmed, and if someone died because of sign was stolen then he should be charged. However, I don't hear anything from OP say thing that someone died because the sign was stolen. If you're going to be a smart ass and say you're OP, then I want proof that you're OP and links to news articles that state his theft killed someone
>Who goes and talks to some random kid on the street?
Someone who's seeing a little girl walking at 10:00 pm at night in a rough neighborhood. I like that projecting though, makes you look tough. I'm going to project and say you live in the United States where talking to someone randomly could end with your death, and I'm happy to tell you that I don't live in the United States and I don't fear that someone is going to kill me. I've got a better chance getting my head caved in by one of my cows then being killed on the street.

>Wash out of the military
>Get a job as a sicario
>Get sent to America
>Spend your days making steak burritos for gringos and watching telenovelas on the TV in the corner

They were settling an argument and didn't want to do push ups and shit on the pavement.

It was meant to challenge your obvious prejudice and racist misconceptions regarding urban youths.

Not meeting with a person but for a few years now I seems to come across scatter cloth wherever I go, maybe I'm just paranoid but here's a few that I saw
>a pair of boot on a wall
>socks in the metro
>children shoes half burried in the book
The first one I saw was a kid shoe tied to a lampost
I feel like I'm missing something, like people disapearing out of thin air.
Or it's just people being careless with their outfits

dont sweat it user, you tried to do the right thing

Nigga I'm OP. I couldn't tell what sign it was, but I was fucking smashed at the time and most of it was around a corner.
What I do remember is that it had a bent dirty end, as in he ripped that shit out of the ground.
I hope he picked a parking sign or some such crap. Looking back, it was probably a rectangular white sign, though, but I didn't worry about it too much after my first thirty seconds wondering if I should call the cops. I mean, if I couldn't tell what it was just by looking at it, I figured it probably wasn't that important.

>PC innocently bumbles his way clear of an obvious and convoluted assassination attempt

More likely they were someones pets and after escaping your car was the warmest place to hide. Until it eventually cooled down and they froze to death.

>and if someone died because of sign was stolen then he should be charged.
The whole reason why it's illegal to steal street signs is so NO ONE GETS HURT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Jesus H. Christ, you are dense. Go back to kicking over trashcans you edgy fucking teenager.

They put GPS trackers on signs in some areas these days. Tell your family to be careful.

So what you're saying is that theft is ok so long as no one immediately is injured? Let me extrapolate something here:
If you were in that situation, you wouldn't report the offense to the authorities out of some poorly-reasoned "fuck the system" justification? So tomorrow, holy shit, a car runs through an intersection and kills a kid. The intersection in question is missing a stop sign. Would you then actually report seeing someone carrying that sign to the cops? What if he's gone, or they can't locate him? You basically let someone commit a crime that led to a serious injury and the (possible) perpetrator gets away because you didn't want to "rat" on him? Do you think he'd do the same for you? It's not your job to decide on someone else's guilt or innocence.

Fucking A, go live in the woods. Leave society alone. People that can't or won't cooperate with law and order are a blight. Let me guess you're white.

Most governments are parasites. I feel like this evens it out a bit, maybe.

Shouldn't you be busy smashing windows with Antifa or something?

some of it is, stealing from Jews and Roma is bound to have consequences. Plus all the occult Nazi practices.

Any and everything is okay because right and wrong are abstract concepts we made up and the laws of the land are written by people no smarter or more deserving of power than you are.

Also, why do you care so much? This silly ass morality argument is completely off topic and doesn't belong on this board much less this thread. If you're not here to post cool green text stories then bugger off back to your objective morality blog and circle jerk with your fellow aspies.

Nah, that shits silly. I'd really rather be here poking fun at autistic whiners who keep forcing the thread off topic so everyone can see how self righteous they are.

Can we get back to fun greentext now, or do you wanna keep telling strangers how to think and act?

So why are you complaining if someone else 'rats' on you? They're hardly doing anything 'wrong' by your own measure.

Moral relativism is a cancer. There are objectively right and wrong things in this world. You're a fucking waste of human resources if you actually believe in moral relativism.

No one was hurt, and as OP said rectangular white sign, which means a street sign. It was neither red or yellow, which are safety signs. Yes, he did an illegal thing, but he didn't steal a stop, slow, speed limit, one way, yield, deer warning, or any of street sign that's suppose to protect people. Instead of arguing with me and feeding me (You)'s, how about you put that energy into protesting against something you don't like. You sound like a whiny social justice warrior that's recently got out of college and feels like the world owes them something because they're rich.
Yes, I am white. I take it you're going to talk about white privilege and I'm a bad person for being who I am. I don't sexual harass women, I don't go around beating people of color, I don't tell immigrants to leave my country or talk English, I don't do what you are most likely going to project onto me. If he stole a street sign that was there for the safety of others, then I would apologize that I was in the wrong and he should be brought up on charges for endangering others. However, I've never seen a white rectangle sign used in the Americas that meant anything else but an everyday street sign such as "Churchill St" for example. Also, I do live in rural area because I hate people in general so you'll never have to deal with me in your city.

So you're just an armchair philosopher that won't actually act on his beliefs? Alrighty then. Do me a favor and grab a trip so I can ignore you more efficiently.

The weirdest things that happened to me is just your standard hobos rambling about conspiracy theories. Nothing particularly exiting.
My uncle once found a turle walking near his house, though. Turles aren't natie here, so he figured it must be a lost pet and took it in. Sure enough, there was a note on the local newspaper about a missing turtle the next day, so he called the lady who left the note and took the turtle to her. Only it turned out it was not the same turle, but a completely different one. He never did figure where that turle had come from, as nobody else reported any lost animals around that time.

I've probably accidentally been a random encounter for a lot of people, usually for perfectly legimate reasons that just look kind of odd. Like when I was walking down the main street of the town carrying a large sledgehammer (I study geology and needed that hammer for breaking off field samples, and since it didn't fit into any bag and I don't own a car, I just hoisted on my shoulder and walked home with it). From the looks of the people I passed, I quess it must've looked rather out of place.
I think my favorite time was when I was coming back from a game con, and I was still wearing a 40k comissar cosplay outfit because I hadn't be arsed to change costumes before I left (I live within 15 minute walk from the bus station so it wasn't a long way home anyway), and when I pass this Russian street musician (at least I assume he was russing since he was playing Russian folk songs while singing in Russian), he stops playing and salutes me. I did what I thought as the only appropriate response and stopped, did the sign of the aquila and told him "The Emperor protect you".

Look, I think stealing is a shitty thing to do, including stealing street signs, but morality isn't objective. If it were we could prove something is right or wrong without appealing to emotion. To convince people to follow a certain moral system it is more useful to find common ground and work within their understanding then to simply claim one's own morals correct and ignore other value systems outright.

Nah, the race-stab was a joke. I think most people would expect someone holding your views to be black, or otherwise oppressed in some way.
But seriously just google "one-way sign" and you'll see plenty of white, rectangular signs. They're not ALL solid white, but plenty of them are. I'm just upset with you because you're spouting off half-cocked about how there's nothing wrong with stealing. If it was food to keep yourself from starving, you'd have a defense. But this seems like it was a theft of impulse, just done on a whim. That is not ok.

And if anyone is being whiny here, it's you. Endorsing moral relativism and complaining about people being snitches. We're just calling you on your obvious bullshit. Leave the thread, friend. You're not winning this one.

Here´s a story from my great grandfather
>Live in third world village
>Strange animal has been mauling people who travel at night
>Great grandfather and two of his friends decide to take care of it
>According to him the creature was a like a mix of a wolf and a dog
>Stab that creature with their machetes till it ran away into the forest
>Great grandfather lost three of his right hand fingers
>Search the forest and find naked man with his guts spilled out

Murder is: the unjustified killing of another human being. And is Wrong. Killing is not necessarily Wrong, but Murder is.
Theft, if necessary for survival, is not Wrong but it is Illegal. Theft from boredom or jealousy is Wrong. It is literally parasitism. You are taking from someone against their will (harming them) and not compensating them in any way. This isn't that hard.

Cool opinion you got there, be a shame if someone were to ignore it and post green text stories.

>be me
>long time ago, back in middle school
>walking home after scool
>its a good three mile walk
>decide to take a shortcut
>shortcut takes me through some unfenced yards
>run into a giant fucking pig
>literally step around the corner of a garage, right into a huge hog
>theres no sign that this is someones pet/livestock
>don't live anywhere near an area where feral hogs are a thing
>both of us are justifiably startled
>staring at each other for a bit
>decide to slowly go around it, leaving plenty of room between it and me
>continue on my way
>it quietly follows me almost all the way home with no incident
>half shitting myself the whole way
>turn around at some point and its just not there
>never see it again
>learned my lesson though, instead of cutting through peoples yards as a short cut I just stole all the street signs and plunged my community into anarchy

Saying something is unjustified begs the question of morality. Parasitism isn't objectively wrong.
>This isn't that hard
Than why doesn't anyone agree on what is right or wrong, why do moral beliefs differ between societies, and why do moral philosophers disagree with each other even after extensive study and debate?
What's your solution to the trolley problem?

Which trolley problem? They've come up with so many.

>Satan's great-grandpa cleans up a rogue werewolf

save 5 or save 1, switch track to divert from 5 onto 1, no other factors

Please stop arguing with the street sign guy.
It is pointless and it is degrading the thread to the point of destruction.
He is not going to accept anything you will write anyway.

Switch the track. (With no other factors) save the greatest amount of human life. Distasteful but easy.

This is not murder, as it is justified. I kill one person to save five.

Honestly stealing a street sign really isn't a big deal. Like I wouldn't personally snitch on him, but if someone did snitch on him then whatever. You're automatically taking a risk that you'll be arrested anyways so snitching isn't wrong at all and trying to argue that it is wrong would just be objectively retarded.

>victimless crime
>ruining their life
It's a street sign. He'd probably just be fucking fined. Shit comes out of your paycheck otherwise since they have to replace that: people complain otherwise. What gives anyone the right to say "this street sign, a public utility payed for by everybody who works, is mine"? If you're a commie that's not how you think, with the whole rejection of private property. If you're a capitalist that's still stupid, since it belongs to who paid for it by rights, though you'd be fine with privatizing street sign placement. It's only nondescript "fuck the police because laws are ebil", punkshit anarchists without any brain or care for society that think that shit's okay or justified somehow. If you care about society in the slightest, these types are just criminal retards.