What's your ideal way to die?

What's your ideal way to die?

inb4Tyrionquote

Other urls found in this thread:

4umi.com/nietzsche/zarathustra/21
youtube.com/watch?v=2xbGkNgtOAQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhus_of_Epirus#Legacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It'd be nice to die in a meaningful way. Go out Yu Yu Hakusho style saving a child from a speeding truck. Quick easy heroism, largely pleasant, that sounds pleasant.

I've given it a lot of thought during depressive episodes.

But if you recall correctly, the boy Yu saved would have survived either way. He died in vain

4umi.com/nietzsche/zarathustra/21

I guess if I had the choice, it'd be for something I believed in.

Dunno what that'd be because I'm not dyin' for no animal and I wouldn't take a hard pinch for the human race.

Not going to happen.
As a loyal (and fairly high ranking!) member of the Adeptus Mechanicus, my character has no intention of doing anything as inefficient as dying when he can achieve functional immortality through cybernetic replacement of failing flesh...

In glorious martyrdom

As the final holdout against entropy, keeping heat death at bay for as long as I can.

Like so

youtube.com/watch?v=2xbGkNgtOAQ

Locked in the impossibly soft thighs of some ancient loli hag

Sexual exhaustion and/or fatal Yang imbalance due to excessive ejaculation.

In my sleep, of old age, after a long and fruitful life.

You will die after spending sixty years in a coma on an apple farm.

In my tower, on the end of some adventurer's sword.

It's gonna be a hell of a ride to that point, though.

BUT, the gesture ensured Yusuke was given a second chance, and basically led to him saving the world repeatedly

Falling into a sun

Reluctantly.

What about for the fun of it? Adrenaline junkie-style?

In a massive explosion.

In an instant from the sun's explosion.

Should have been more careful what I wished for

eating a power source bigger than your head.

unironically murder-suiciding my whole family

Bonus points if you leave clues poiting to your satanic /tg hobby being the cause of your mental malfunction.

Shine on you psychotic diamond.

Holy shit. what is this about user seems like a something good to watch now n' days

Sword of the Stranger, great movie about redemption and fighting one's past. Soundtrack is awesome and prepare for feels.

Thanks user, for this early Christmas present. seems really good, i am going to make some hot coco, stand by a fireplace and watch this

I've always found it funny when people talk about turning themselves into computers or robots as immortality. Its like calling eating healthy and exercising immortality.

You still are gonna die, just slower than the rest.

Die, you say?

Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of hisGods,

"And for the tender mother
Who dandled him to rest,
And for the wife who nurses
His baby at her breast,
And for the holy maidens
Who feed the eternal flame,
To save them from false Sextus
That wrought the deed of shame?

"Hew down the bridge, Sir Consul,
With all the speed ye may;
I, with two more to help me,
Will hold the foe in play.
In yon strait path a thousand
May well be stopped by three:
Now who will stand on either hand,
And keep the bridge with me?”

Standing alone at gjallerbru

F

It's a shame he will never know how we revere his deeds, y'know, on account of him being fucking dead.

If it's good enough for the Nepalese royal family, it should be good enough for an user

Peacefully in my sleep.

Certainly not screaming in terror like the people in the backseat of my car.

>Mfw this would be perfect except for the fact they lived

Thor villains seeking redemption led to the last stand of skurge and the excellent journey into mystery. Which tells me never should try doing that more instead of Jane! Thor

Through endless ejaculation

Drowning while standing up to my head in the blood of my fallen enemies

Side by side with a friend

It would be extremely painful.

Fake and gay

Glorious last stand knowing that even if i do die i would have distracted the enemy long enough for my comrades to get away or get into position to strike the killing blow. if my enemy uses more and more costly forms to kill me as part of the last stand i die laughing as i know they have used valuable resources that would have been better spent on a more important task.

drowning in pusy

To die fighting

When least expected.

After holding out against overwhelming odds for just long enough, and spitting in the face of fate.

I'll look upon my works, and death will find me laughing.

Whats the name of that movie again?
It was really heartwarming.

Of old age

>dying

>What's your ideal way to die?

Non-permanently.

Permanent one I would fathom.

Tokyo Godfathers.

DEATH BE BUT A DOORWAY, AN' TIME BE BUT A WINDOW

I'LL BE BACK

Thanks user.

For myself or character?
>character
As long as he gives his life for his cause and knows his sins are forgiven. He'll take it.
>me
Alone. Ideally fighting

DEATH IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

THERE IS STILL MUCH THAT I MUST DO

By getting my bbc sucked so hard I shoot the spunk out of the white girl's brain and turns her brain into mush y'know what I mean nigga

>character
Slumped against a wall or boulder, covered in blood, mostly not my own, and surrounded by the broken remains of whoever killed me along with their comrades, all too afraid to approach to make sure I'm actually dead.
>me
as an old man at the end of a long and contented life, preferably in my sleep

oh god I have a print of that somewhere.

Not

Lightning strike mid-orgasm.

riding the mtb trails in copper harbor, mi. until i croak. i was actually just thinking about this one.
>get terminal sick (god forbid)
>sell all my stuff that isn't a bike, van or related gear
>'go camping up north'
>die happy in my favorite place doing my favorite thing
>final request: be cremated and have my ashes mixed into the dirt on the dirt jump track we're going to build next year.

Peacefully in bed. Shot by angry fathers.

I'd prefer not to die. There is no ideal way because dying is really fucking gay.

Long have I pondered this. My first response not so long ago would have been "not at all" but that is foolish. How best to die then? The answer is simple: as you've lived. If you life is not worth such a death, then fix it.

Fighting to protect humankind.

Going as fast as possible with maximum dakka

A hero's death, one that would be remembered with awe.

During an epic last stand, preferably holding out on some sort of choke point to buy your friends time to escape or carry out the mission, and taking down dozens of enemies with you.

No going home, and no chance for surrender

Being executed after the collapse of my world-wide totalitarian regime.

>but how long did it last?

Yea that sounds about ideal

Dying for something, As a Martyr perhaps. I want to have a family, and growing old and dying in my sleep like my Great Grandma sounds nice but I work with the elderly, and its not fucking pretty. The good thing is that men die sooner, don't always have to put up with years of dementia and senility. But dying for something, dying in an honorable way would be nice. Last stands and that type of thing always give me a hard on.

>The 1988 movie comedy A Fish Called Wanda features a scene where actor Michael Palin gets some French fries stuffed up his nose. In 1989, a Danish audiologist named Ole Bentzen found the scene so sidesplittingly funny that his heart rate rose to an estimated 250-500 beats per minute, leading to a fatal heart attack.

You're a pretty big guy.

I want to die victorious

I want to die in a mental situation that I cannot lose in, If I kill everyone around me then that is an obvious victory as I move towards my goal

But if I die fighting the enemy, fighting for something more than myself, die in a way that is more than what I could possibly do otherwise, then how could I call it a loss?

That mentality always gets my juices going

>I've seen my last war, and I might just defy the odds long enough to die in bed after all (someone else's, with any luck.) --Commissar Ciaphas Cain

I intend to live forever or die trying.

In a way that cements my name into the collective memory of humankind. My death must be so heroic, so moving, that I'm remembered fondly millennia later, in a way such as Leonidas, or Ollanius Pius, or some anonymous man n the trenches, fighting like mad to protect what he loves. I'm so afraid of being forgotten, anons. I fear not my death, but the death of my name.

It's the only sort of immortality that exists, I'm afraid. And even then, with the heat death of the universe, all will be undone. Embrace the futility, and let it set you free.

>not raging against the end, no matter the impossibility of victory
>going quietly into the night
Where's your spirit, user?

Drenched in the blood of my enemies.

Sacrificing myself to save my friends and by extension the rest of humanity.

"Unfoul holiness! I will take you with me!"
F ;_;7

In bed surrounded by loved ones or standing against an army with naught but a sword and a fuck-ton of bravado

Either in my sleep sometime in the near future, or a couple hundred years from now when he nuclear powercell of my robot body finally fully decays while I'm out in space out of ammo and watching the enemy mothership 'splode.

For You

>I fear not my death, but the death of my name
Then you fear what is painfully inevitable. Try your best to not let others define who you are and how happy you can be.

>thinking that if people remember your name it will necessarily be synonymous with victory

Witnessing the last star dying out while raising a glass to all that was and the next big adventure.

Pic related?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhus_of_Epirus#Legacy

It's synonymous with some kind of victory at least.

No wonder he lost. Look at that ridiculous battle stance.

Scaring my opponent.

>chest beam clearly has an exit wound, complete with blood flying out of the guy's back
>his corpse is spotless aside from the incinerated head
this triggers my autism

Welcome to Mousevel, House of No Editors.

They way I see it, there's three ways for a man to die.
He can die on his feet.
He can die on his knees.
He can die on his back.

In the first, the man dies in action; he is fighting, he is living, but he dies on his own terms, doing what he wilt.
In the second, the man dies in inaction; he has given up, he has surrendered, he has lost hope and given up his future.
In the third, the man dies in neither action nor inaction; he has grown old and finally succumbed to sickness or age, or he is stabbed through the chest in his sleep. Perhaps he has lived a full life, perhaps he has not, but it is his time, through no choice of his own.

I think most anyone here would want to die on their feet, or if not that, die peacefully on their back. No one wants to die on their knees.

Now, as for -what- I would want to kill me, I'm not quite sure. Besides the usual "dying heroically for a Good Cause or for The Right Thing", a satisfactory alternative would be something like "going on a suicidal voyage which I knew there would be no return to home from, and likely an early death, for the sake of discovery"