EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previously: →

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
What commander do you run that is not the best but is fun to play.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budgetless-inalla-reanimator-copy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kirtar-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ulasht Turbo Combo

Gay kings is fun

I surprisingly love my doran deck. I only built it because my playgroup constantly bitched about the powerlevel of my decks but he ended up being really fun.

I'm building my inalla otk deck, will it make people cry?
>tfw just need 2 more cards

>I'm building a deck
>will it make people cry?

Yes

depends on whats in it, inalla can be really good or really shit

not even close to best, but playing this is a ton of fun.

Got a list?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budgetless-inalla-reanimator-copy/
based on this

>Dream of one day making a Riku deck with this, Hive mind, endless swarm, and just tutors and copy spells
>Maybe a biomancer
It costs too much for something I'd play twice then get bored of, but she calls to me lads

that deck wouldnt be allowed in my play group

What is The Ultimate Nightmare of the Wizards of the Coast® Customer Service’s color identity? I can play it in a mono-red deck, right?

Why not?

>WotCs nightmare color
probably white unless thats like an uncard or something

too early and too constant, basically cedh bullshit

>play twice
you don't deserve it then.

you’re hilarious mate. har dee har har.

What do we want for the c18 decks?

NOT.
DRAGONS.

Waifus

colorless deck

EMRAKUL

a precon for each of the basic deck archetypes (aggro, midrange, control and combo)

Only waifus, terrible unplayable waifus

>Thread Question

>Yidris Goodstuff
Full of ETB creatures, unblockability enablers, and assorted goodstuff.
Can't go full storm because of a Ruric Thar player, and I don't like storming off anyway. Those fucking cascades take too long already.

>Reyhan + Ikra Fat Life deck
Fatten creatures with counters. There's also a secondary lifegain theme.
Sometimes I pull off a corny Food Chain + Eternal Scourge combo then put a million counters on every creature I have with Reyhan's ability.

Speaking of waifus why do nagas and cats and snakes and merfolk and shit get feminine pretty females with tits but goblins are either ugly as sin or indistinguishable from males

I don't want this but they're probably going to do some dumb shit like a commander that summons itself when certain conditions are met

>What commander do you run that is not the best but is fun to play.
I've been playing balan voltron for a while, i originally made it to be less good but balan is actually quite powerful, especially with quietus spike

also, is this good?

DIMIR HORROR TRIBAL.

All I want are a bunch of new squiggly terrifying monsters so I can play them all at once. Preferably a cheap commander that lets you sac it to play a hastey horror from your hand or yard for free, then sac it at the endstep. Maybe some sort of self-mill shenanigans and a demon subtype too if I'm really lucky.

Any ideas on a Grand Calcutron deck? I've got a lot of cycling and filtering at the moment, but wondering if there anything obvious I'm missing.

Sydri is like the 3rd or 4th best Esper deck you can play, but I just can't quit her. Beating down with mana rocks while my opponents have no land just brings a smile to my face.

Because being a goblin is suffering and they like it that way.
Decks with a broader theme than monocolor, tribal or x matters stuff. So we can get some nice commanders. Also some reprints with new, on theme artwork would be cool.

Dimir Skulk commander

Actually I have it figured out.

Horror of the Mind - 1UB
Legendary Creature - Demon Horror
Whenever a creature card is sent from a library to a graveyard, create a black 2/2 horror token.

Sacrifice 3 Horrors: Return target horror from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Sacrifice it at the next endstep.

0/4

CUSTOM CARD THREAD REEEEEEEE

What about colour wise for c18?
Do we want more dual colour commanders?

this is sidisi on crack

>tfw no dimir/sultai smalldrazi tribal commander

Reading through the complete list of horrors, it may make more sense thematically to have it based on discarding a creature card and/or sacrificing a creature you control, but that's some degenerate nonsense with Mindslicer, or Smokestack.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kirtar-1/

send help

15 more partners. 10 allied colored, 5 enemy colored.

this

Any spicy card for her?

Which of these is more fun?

if you're good at math or if you just write every time your buddy draws a card, would be hard and they could always have an extra card in their deck

just say "sol ring/mana crypt/mana vault/any other staple" and choose one.

Yes.
No.

>6 mana for 8 damage
Maybe if it also stripped the card from your opponent's deck. As is it's a shitty, inconsistent burn.

Moar changelings.

If i am trying to brew up something with unstable cards, which website should i use for deckbuilding? Tappedout doesn't have any unstable cards yet.

take it as a sign user

Tappedout has unstable cards? I just brewed a list yesterday with them in there.

New player here and I have a mirri deck and have been partly building other decks but I keep stopping and building new shit.

So fuck this, rolling to see what I do.
0-4 I continue building decks until they're finished or 5-9 I buy Conspiracy 2 box

Why are they only allowing un cards for a month and a half? I blame cEDH

Enjoy your box user

I don't know why they're even allowed at all, they're gamebreaking joke cards for the most part. It should have just been left up to house rules as per usual

Aight, a friend of mine is in the US and he's bringing back some booster boxes, shields and so on, but he said he'd be willing to bring singles if they can arrive at his hotel by the 14th and there's a bunch of sets that tend to be expensive in my country because they weren't published here and LGSs tend to charge absurd amounts for them.
What's the best place to get online singles, specially shipping wise?

conspiracy 2 is fun as fuck to draft, every now and then my play group will get a box instead of playing EDH for a night

Also, I need recs for grixis staples since I decided I'll be an edgier cunt in 2018 and wanted to add some black to my typical Izzet shit. My big boi will be either 2017 Marchesa or Mairsil the Jank Lord

I will buy a box since I rolled 8, but I'm only really playing by myself so far and occasionally visit lgs when school isn't kicking my nuts. I chose Conspiracy 2 because the foils in this set are at a retarded price and it's got some cool shit in it.

However, I'm somewhat considering Origins and nyx as a potential box. Since I'm a stupid noob, which of those 3 sets would be best for getting EDH staples, etc??

Is Rashmi just goodstuff

conspiracy

Almost, you also want top manipulation, alternate casting cost and "tutor to top of library" effects.

>tfw flipping a Temporal Mastery, casting it for 1U
>Rashmi triggers
>respond with Worldly Tutor, putting Dead-Eye Navigator, Teferi, Witness or Consecrated Sphinx on top of your library
>cast it for free

conspiracy definitely

So i'm building ANGRY OMNATH and was thinking about trying this out. Would work deliciously with Titania. But in RG i'm probably just hoping to draw the cards at the same time.

I've got that one slotted in my angery omnath deck, the dream is titania + omnath on board, splendid reclaimation in hand. Tap all, sac all lands, reclaim to get them all back for 2 X/Xs, X 5/3s and X 5/5s

Do you ever end up casting it? The best part is the tokens are elementals as well.
Other than fetches/Ghost Quarter/ect, I can't think of many other ways to sac lands in RG for Titania.

i don't really like stuff like this cause if anybody has a wrath you just wrecked yourself

In Angry Omnath, if somebody tosses out a wrath, your whole board bolts and ends up killing someone. Especially if the dream happens like mentioned.
With Titania, it's probably going to be making 8+2 elementals, if i'm being generously low in how many lands I have on the battlefield to sac. Just those two leave 30 damage if Omnath is on board and they all die.

>Hey let's build Druid tribal, that might be fun
>see this
>nope

angry omnath loves wipes, usually if you get wiped you can just kill someone right then and there. my general plan in angry omnath is to make it to where someone either has to wipe the board cause they are about to get hoof daddied and then i point all the bolts at them

i don't have much experience with omnath, that does offset the risk a bit. i would still be worried that somebody might path omnath and then wrath. or mass exile. saccing a lot of lands is just a big risk to me.

reclamation could get countered. there are so many opportunities for a blowout.

>tap a druid to add G
>most druids already tap to add G

"BuT iT GeTs ArOuNd SuMmOnNiNg SiCkNeSs"

i still just can't get over how marginal this benefit is

god fucking damnit I knew my inner jew would eat away and make this tough.

I can't get out of my head that I could build a Gruul wort deck AND my Marchesa deck with this store credit instead of this box.

I'm an idiot for thinking I'd open the nuts and get foil leovolds eh

Druid commander who lets you transform your druids into beasts or snakes or other animal creature types pls

Fuck you, now I'm mad it doesn't exist.

You'd be surprised. Have you ever played against Gitfrog who does things like that? Sacs all their lands, draws a ton of cards, floats a bunch of mana, and then Sylvan Reclamation to get it all back. He has the same risk of blowout, essentially.
It's not often that someone has both targeted removal for Omnath and a board wipe. Usually if they have the removal, he's already dead, instead of letting a board of elementals build up.

>druid commander who turns all druids into bears and boosts your bears and allows you to sac bears to turn your opponents creatures into bears

thats what sac outlets are for user, something like ashnods will get you the mana you need to recast omnath assuming you have the colored mana up after

"Any time a non-token bear creature dies, create a 2/2 green token bear creature."

yeah i play gitrog, the difference is that gitrog allows you to play more lands. i typically get up to 4 or 5 lands per turn. and you never run out of lands to play cause you are drawing cards.

i think drawing cards is better than bolting.

>tap a druid, pay X mana to turn a land into an X/X elemental with trample

Druids have so many themes and they literally only have 2 tribal abilities

not him but you play stuff in omnath that lets you play more lands

Unstable block set 2.

i'm still mad there was no bear commander in c17

It definitely is. Gitfrog lends itself to combo, or at least, a ton of fuel. Omnath is more explosive, and has the benefit of being able to turn creatures sideways.
Omnath builds a board you can attack people with, and has the threat of "If you board wipe, you're going to die". So he has the potential to reach a critical mass of elementals and just winning. And as said you're running above average amounts of ramp to maximize on landfall triggers for Omnath and other juicy creatures.
Different play styles between the two, for sure.

2017 Commander precons should've all been occupation based. Do some crossbranding with D&D and make them all player classes. Grixis Wizards, Golgari Druids, BW Clerics, RW Warriors or some shit. Would probably need a fifth one to balance out the colors. Not sure what to do about black needing to go in 3 of those. Could probably get away with changing the B in Druids for something else.

DRUIDS ARE SIMIC REEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's a good commander for Bant tokenspam?
I'm currently running Roon to abuse ETBs like Splicers and Battlesphere but I don't like how clunky he is.
Also please lord someone reprint Doubling Season in a form that doesn't cost more than my house.

Borborygmos.

Atarka is predictable dragon goodstuff. Borborygmos is a very unique lands deck and is probably the only deck in which I'd use storm cauldron to great effect.

There aren't any blue druids (that I remember). I'm also not sure how I feel about Wizards being the only tri-color in that.

Honestly, probably Roon. You could go with Derevi because Derevi is decent for most things at least. Bant needs more decent legends.

Doubling Season is good/expensive because it effects both tokens and all types of counters.
If you only care about +1/+1 counters and tokens, there is Primal Vigor. If you only care about tokens, there's Anointed Procession and Parallel Lives.
If you really need the effect on all types of counters, then you're shit outta luck.

>Tfw no jund lands commander
Imagine having omnath, gitrog, and titania on the board, then casting this & floating 3 mana, then casting splendid reclamation.

>Legendary creature is a dragon
>literally every card on edhrec is dragon tribal

I hate dragons and I hate dragonfags even more

Um sorry user but lands mattering isn't creatures dying or dragons, it's not in Jund's color pie

agreed

dragons are generally big, aggressively costed, evasive creatures. they are perfectly suited to win games by attacking in the air. the idea that you would need additional tribal synergies to make them good is kind of silly. they can win games based on their basic stats. if you want to stick tribal synergies on creatures it makes a lot more sense to make them independently weak and cheaply costed so that you can utilize them in tandem to great effect.

dragon tribal is like having an army where every soldier gets a tank. it's big and dumb and boring.

I fucking hate dragonfags, which is a shame because one of my favourite cards is Shivan Dragon and it was my shit when I was a kid.
There's a guy with a Ramos deck in my playgroup and he either gets instantly hated out of the game or manages to pull his retarded combos and have a bunch of 20/20 dragons attacking wow such a sophisticated strategy,
Even Boros decks tend to be more versatile than fucking dragon power ranger shit.

every dragon deck i've ever seen has been "wait a minute while i build up my manabase" and "oh man if i had just had a few more turns i would have started doing some crazy stuff"