Connected to Home Node...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>How_To_Name_Your_Dragon.trid
>America_San_S12E5_Punchella_Magi_Madoka_Magica.sim
>Forensic_Assensing.mgc
>How_Many_Punji_Sticks_Is_Too_Many.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 163 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Need a safehouse? Call Trusty Sam now, no questions asked!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Stockholm_Syndrome.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever make a deal with a dragon

Extraction Edition. What's your preferred method for getting someone out alive? How do you keep them secure and compliant while waiting for the hand-off? Any good stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw
youtube.com/watch?v=oNT7TuNLu08&t=47s
youtube.com/watch?v=MKjjckPwdBA
discord.gg/KnHzss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

drug ´em

Neuro Stun & NarcoJet

Pretend that they are already dead.
Knock them out with drugs, narco is cost efficient, but more sophisticated targets need better stuff.
Have the face playing a shocked bystander and plant some sense of unease/grief, maybe even playing a mourning lover.
In the bodybag the target goes and the sammy plus somebody else carry him out.

The cyber-face gives them a bear hug and grapples them into unconsciousness. Seriously, 5E's grappling rules are fucked.

How so ?

Make an Unarmed Attack. If you hit them, you compare your Net Hits + Strength to their Physical limit. If greater, those net hits get turned into the threshold for your target to break free on a Complex Action Unarmed Attack (Str) check. Normally, the people you are wanting to Grapple don't have massive Unarmed Attack pools. It takes no roll to maintain, but the grappler must spend a Complex action every following Initiative pass that allows you to either
>inflict damage equal to Strength, with a martial art upgrading it to Physical
>make another Unarmed Attack with a +2 bonus with all net hits being applied to the previously-set threshold
>attempt a Knock Down with a +2 bonus
And in the meantime, the grappled individual can take no action that requires any physical movement aside from the Unarmed Attack to break free. You run the risk of lowering the threshold if you someone get fewer net hits in the second option, but otherwise you are able to constantly increase the Threshold while the defender has to completely break free. So a grappler even with a modest attack might set the Threshold at 4 on the first hit, and if you don't instantly break free, there's a good chance that Threshold is going up to 8 or 9 with the next check. And now, he can just begin to choke you out at his leisure while you can take no action other than desperately trying to get 8 or 9 successes on your Unarmed Attack roll. Which again, usually the people you are choosing to grapple aren't dedicate grapplers.

why the fuck do i play this game

Nerve Strike/ Nine Chakra them into uselessness. No physical wounds or signs of harm, but they're completely at your mercy. Also works on critters, spirits, or whatever you want.
Except AI. Fuck those guys.

Not him, but if you're strong and good at unarmed combat, it's pretty trivial to wrestle people into submission. On any character who is useful in unarmed combat, strength+net hits will always exceed the target's physical limit, and opposed unarmed tests will basically always go his way, even before he starts racking up superior grip net hits.

>normie has no chance against an experienced wrestler
I've done MMA for a few years, I can say that's accurate. A highly-skilled and physically-powerful wrestler will completely overpower and subdue most people in close quarters, and can basically do whatever he wants. Once he closes that distance it's over, even if the target is armed. This goes double if the target is a normie with little close-quarters combat training.

Though if you ask me, the core book doesn't have good enough rules for submission holds. A solid hold should do a bit more than (STR) in DV. I'd probably consider it a no-defense unarmed attack since there's also a little variation in how solid your hold is and how quickly you squeeze the life out of people (or break their arms, etc).

Looks fine to me, if someone is really good at grappling, Joe Normal has no chance. It's also highly situational, in a normal fight against multiple opponents you shouldn't grapple someone, or the other guys will just kick the shit out of you.

Yeah. Usually, you can tell just how good or retarded a system is by looking at its grappling rules. And oh boy, is Shadowrun5's grappling absolutely moronic.

My issue isn't with normies. It that any character that doesn't have roughly equal my ranks in Unarmed Combat has no chance to resist me when I put my hands on them. PhyAd that uses katanas and never bothered to put many points into it? Troll sam that focuses purely on gunplay and only has a rank or two? Much less the actual squishy targets. Grappling is straight up oppressive in Shadowrun5. I've done various martial arts for years, and yes, a trained martial artist has a leg up on his competition. But so does a SEAL sniper against a random ganger with an LMG, but both stand a pretty good chance at fucking up the other.

Looking to get into Shadowrun. What is the most popular edition? What is the b3st balanced? Is caster supremacy a thing?

>Is caster supremacy a thing?
Not as much as DnD but a mage out of chargen can still summon a spirit to control the weather kilometers around.

>What is the most popular edition?
5th
>What is the b3st balanced?
None. But 2e is probably the most balanced of them.
Depends on the edition. In none of them is it as bad as with DnD, but 5e shows a CLEAR bias towards awakened (especially mages and mysads)

>5e has the least shitty matrix

This alone is a really good point for it.

5e is the most popular, but it's also shit.
Join the 2e / 3e cult with us, user.

>CLEAR bias towards awakened (especially mages and mysads)
That's why i just tell my players that those two can buzz right off, the other awakend are cool enough dudes.

I also use the 1 to 4k karma to nuyen exchange rate, which creates something that could be called a balance.

Sensible and good.

>What is the most popular edition? What is the b3st balanced? Is caster supremacy a thing?
5e
Not one invented in the 21st century
Oh fuck yes.

so lads, i want my runners to break into a bank.
thing is, what would a bank even have in its vault?
probaly not physical currency right?

Credsticks loaded with nuyen (=> basically physical money), jewelry, increminating data, heirlooms, shit of sentimental value, artwork etc pp.

the problem i have with having them steal credsticks is: why would the bank just have already lodad credsticks lying around? why not load them when you need them?

the others are fair suggestions tho

I was thinking about the bank-vault.
And that would be shit by customers they want to protect for whatever reason, remember credsticks are sorta untracable money. Maybe bribes, maybe backups in case something goes wrong maybe black money or w/e.

They'll be changing the name to Magicrun any day now, that's how much caster supremacy is a thing. Mages are the clear winners and muggles can simply go fuck themselves.

Not nuyen, because that's a digital currency managed by one of the most secure facilities in the world: Zurich Orbital. The writers put in plot magic to keep runners from just draining peoples' accounts.

Some places do have physical currency. For one example, I believe UCAS still has paper bills. There are reasons why those might find their way into a vault, even one far from the place's home country.

You could put precious metals like silver, gold, or platinum in there.

Safe deposit boxes are a thing that would see use in the Sixth World. As GM, you can put just about anything you damn want in there. Weaponry, deeds to houses, proof of a corporate conspiracy, to solid gold bars, to collectible figurines, to artwork, to whatever was inside the briefcase in Pulp Fiction, anything.

well, we DO have skimmers, cybergills, internal grapple hooks, magnetic connectors and build in hollywood radar, that's all the stuff that could count as enabling 'ware i can think of

Yes. Muggles can spend a chunk of their precious, sharply-limited chargen resources to do one or two of the things that a magician can do better for 5 karma and maybe a box of stun damage.

Playing a dedicated summoner in a game after playing almost exclusively mundies for years, and just holy shit. Spirits are fucking nutty. And it is fucking retarded that summoning them out of your ass isn't an entire turn but rather just a single initiative pass.

I guess that's what the dark terrors "no more summoning" mumbo-wumbo is about.
maybe even CGL will fix something from time to time.

>a mage out of chargen can still summon a spirit to control the weather kilometers around.
Maybe with a greater spirit, but you need to initiate for that and if your GM is letting mages initiate in chargen thats their fault.

Hahahahaha, no

Simple force 4 water spirit will do for that.

How will 6th edition development team fix the mess that 5th edition dev team left in the metaplot?

burn everything, start in 2050.
or create a new timeline and start in 2100 or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

Why would they change the formula? Everything is going well as far as CGL is concerned.

As a shaman, spirits are fucked. AoE ruthenium polymer paired with AoE silence for sneakin', forcing Glitches or Critical Glitches onto people, straight-up mind control, and combat monsters that can handle fights solo with Force*Hardened Armor and attacks that deal Force*2 DV AP -Force, rolling roughly Force*2 + 2 to hit.

You might be thinking of earth spirits, which are actually able to toss a city block into chaos.
Writers proably didn't realize that "vehicles require a driving test" is actually a reaaaaaally bad think for a sprawl.

So funny, so true.

Painfully true. I felt bad when our infiltrator was hyped to do some badass sneaking, and then I just summoned a Plant spirit and muffled an 8 meter bubble in complete magical silence to muffle our movements and inflicted a -8 on anyone's Perception to notice us.

What, you think all those thousands of commuting wageslaves who have never manually driven for a second in their lives due to the ubiquitous nature of GridGuide, might have trouble when they are forced to perform a test while driving at speeds that can easily kill them?
Naaaah, they'll be fine. And so will all those pedestrians with crumple zones.

I want to make something new, /srg/, but I'm not entirely certain the best way to do it. Consider it a thought experiment to divert our minds away from the hilarious power available to mages. I've got to play a Dedicated Summoner this Tuesday, so I already think about that shit enough.

A literal Street Samurai. Mounted biker samurai, who is focused around badass BMX tricks, mounted gunplay with the modern equivalent of an arquebus, some swordfighting for when its necessary, and a decent helping of stately knowledge skills. I'm guessing it'd end up being a rigger/samurai to max out the ability to boost the bike? Or just a really good driver that handles all of his driving without ever jumping in.

And since I'm a monkey, I forgot pic related.

So you want excellent combat skills, decent piloting skills, AND good social/lore skills? Spreading yourself a little thin at chargen, aren't you?
Well unless you're an AI I guess.

Nah, I'd probably throw it down as good piloting skills focused exclusively on bikes, good combat skills, and decent lore skills. By no means a primary face or anything, just what you'd expect a samurai retainer to have. Intimidation and Etiquette probably the only social skills with anything nearing investment put into them.

Will mundanes ever learn their place?

>Put an AI in your bike, have it be your loyal technosteed. No piloting skills required.

My GM's already forbidden me from doing that with a muscle car earlier, so I wouldn't expect to be allowed to do that. Though when able, it definitely is a grand idea.

On the plus side, the more mages we kill the higher the background count, which makes it harder to mage, which makes killing mages easier.

Does anyone actually have their character do drugs recreationally? It's obvious that drugs are really strong mechanically, but do people ever bother to have their characters get high just for roleplaying reasons?

My cyber-face is a straight-edge no-fun about drugs or alcohol, but my cantankerous Native American retiree is a flagrant alcoholic and also occasionally dives into the 'spiritual' drugs, or at least that's how he defends it. Honestly, his paychecks about probably a pretty easy split three-ways between magic shit, funneling money back into the Cherokee ghetto, and drugs and alcohol.

Fuck it, running the shadows is a hard fuckin' gig, especially for sixty-year old man.

i sure do from time to time

Apparently 5e is absolute trash and far worse than CofD both mechanically and litertively according to /wodg/. Is this true haven't played Shadowrun since early 4e.

Yeah it is. Even though WoD talking shit on other systems is like the autistic kid making fun of the rest of the shortbus.
Storyteller is a much, much lighter system then Shadowrun is, and Shadowrun has its crunch bogged down by baffling and downright retarded design choices too.

5th ed is better than 4th ed, rules-wise. If you enjoyed 4th ed then 5th will be easier to pick up. It's essentially 4th but with easier matrix rules and limits to stop the worst excesses of min-maxing.
Still needs a thorough editing overhaul though.

What anime is that GIF from?

Cowboy Bepop with some affect applied to it

Yep.

Life can be stressful for an oni sammy with Yakuza connections. Sometimes you just gotta kick back.

4e is a lot worse on the rules level.
Has a bit better editing, combined with worse rules.
And albeit Cyberware was cheaper by a fucking huge margin (normal that is, Alphaware + is actually cheaper in 5e), mages had been even more overpowered in 4e.
There was also no reason to choose any gun that didn't have full auto since a due to their retarded rulings, a stupid automatic pistol did higher DV than an Assault Cannon.

You would allow some machine to do your riding for you? You lack discipline!

What kind of music do you use for your campaign? Techno? Rock? Synthwave?
Post your favorites.

Ignoring all of the /pol/ in it, I think this artist has some really good pieces that fit a darker campaign:
youtube.com/watch?v=oNT7TuNLu08&t=47s [embed]

>Cyber-face
80's rock.
>Cranky old shaman
Tribal music.
>Theoretical samurai biker
Yoshida Brothers
>All of the above
Synthwave.

the Shadowrun Returns and other OSTs usually

Never gonna find anything better.
youtube.com/watch?v=MKjjckPwdBA

Lots of Laserhawk, Carpenter Brut, and Perturbator.

Hey, do you guys have any advice for making a Jack-of-all-trades kind of character?

Like, I know that shadowrun STRONGLY rewards specialization due to the cost of increasing skills, so I'm not looking for a guy who can "literally do everything just okay" but someone who can do ENOUGH but not be so hard focused in a single aspect that they aren't able to do much else.

Make an edgelord human. Grab Lucky and Daredevil at chargen, and then magic up 8 extra dice whenever you want.

How come this guy gets 4 beautiful women and I can't get even 1 average one?

Because he's fictional

But he doesn't even have a dong

Because you're a pathetic low-test schmuck.

Because you're not buying your women with blood money that some corpsec gave you for terminating a whistle-blower

That's a 10 karma hacker right there.

>Why can Raiden run up buildings while I can't even scale a rock wall?
>Why can Superman take bullets to the chest while I'd die from just one?

You're using a fictional power-fantasy as a benchmark for real-life accomplishment. That's not good for you mentally.

Cyberpenis

SimPenis

You can get one if you try. Do you have like a 100 bucks?

Is the Ruhrmetal Wolfspinne supposed to have mod slots, or am I just fucked as far as modifying it goes?

It's downright criminal that you can't stick a Flametosser in a cyberdong. Or even a holdout pistol.

Want your opinion on a game I'm gonna be running, and also want some input.

Gonna be vague because walls of text are obnoxious.

So, because its December, I wanted a Christmas themed run. So, in Seattle, Horizon is opening a brand new Super Mall Complex, just in time for the holidays. Been building hype for months and are getting ready to open.

The group has been contacted by a group of Anarchists/Christian Extremists, who are tired of how commercialized Christmas has gotten, and are willing to pay a hilariously large amount of money to 'send a message' about 'christmas being sacred' and 'stop using it for profit' blah blah blah.

There are a few options that the group can take. They can rob the place so there isn't any merch to sell for christmas. They can just blow the place up. Kill people/staff, or any number of things.

What do you guys think?

Well I guess it's ok. I for one would need a lot of money to get me to terrorize a mall because a bunch of christcucks got triggered.

There's nothing stopping you, other than your requirement that it must involve Capacity.

A bunch of the vehicles and drones from SAG are configured with 0 mod slots for some reason, so I assume it's a preset deal. IDK, I don't speak Kraut.

Well. Thats the idea.

Plus. ya know, all the shit you could get from robbing a mall.

All sorts of shit depending on location. As a whole, a mix of Van Halen, Perturbator, and Sinisstar.

Ask your GM to let you take a bulk modification on your cyberdong

Shit.

Can a kraut please take a look at this?

My team won't get out of bed for less than half a million.

My character is a drug dealing human supremacist ex-convict.

He rips kamikaze when he cuts drugs to do it faster. When he wants to relax, he cuts Novacoke and puts on a Hong Kong action trid.

Eh, sure, that sounds like a decent enough price for fucking up a mall downtown.

Hot damn Bruce is a handsome man!

From discord:
>iirc the Wolfspider is because it's "already fully modded"
>Since it has a custom minigun and armor and other such nonsense

I'm going to be running an online game of Fifth Edition Shadowrun and so far I've really only ever played with characters who are new to the game. I'm going to run a black trenchcoat game that starts with the players being Street Level (Sum to Eight and max availability ten) but work their way up in the shadows. I want to know if there are any specific races, spells, books or gear I should ban on account of them breaking the game or the lore.

Gee Yekka, why does mom let you have TWO discords?

>Street Level
You fucked up.

Sometimes /srg/ is slow and I want to shitpost about Shadowrun more :

For street level play, I have heard a lot of people limiting magic users to starting at 4 or 5 magic, sometimes with magic use skills capped at magic rating. With the idea being that it makes it more of a even footing between magic users and mundanes.

Where can I shitpost more? I feel your pain.

I'm mostly just lurking in the shadowcaster's network one. discord.gg/KnHzss
Fair warning it's mostly reddit-tier bitching and moaning, but provided you filter out idiots it's tolerable.

Oh, I'm banned from that one. One of the mods is a fag and banned me for disagreeing with him months ago.