Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Lion and the Wolf edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Iron Hands stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>preorder the blood angels codex, or don't
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/02/red-thirst-returns-tabletop/

>Stratagems and shit in Blood Angels codex, good shit here
frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/02/codex-review-blood-angels-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-psychic-powers/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=cNJrF8cbTvg

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-IE/Sternguard-Squad-2015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for requesting CA epub to convert!

Dicks out for the Rout

Wait seriously?

Guys, anyone could post what the Chapter Approved campaign guidelines are like? I want to build a cool campaign for my game club, but I would like something official.

Is it just me or DA doesn't have its own start collecting?

>That Stratagem
But why tho

Gw says use the the regular marine one

>DA gets storm raven
>5 Black Knights
>Asmodai and apothecary
>Chaplain Dreadnought
Oh baby

Reposting from the previous thread-

out of curiosity, why did you choose Ryza as your forge world? Stygies VIII is pretty solidly superior. Ryza is pretty nice if you have Dragoons or Fulgurite Electro Priests, and I see you've got a plasma thing going, but do you worry that it will be too CP-intensive? You don't appear to have a Datasmith either, which is another resource-drain on your CP reserves.

Also- have you considered adding melee weapons to your Vanguard Alphas? It looks like you have the points. My setup is an Arc Maul and an Arc Pistol.

Other than those comments though, it seems solid. I prefer Corpuscarii Electro Priests to take out units of infantry, but Infiltrators get the job done just as well.

aw ok

Nth for tell me how much my list sucks robodong.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [30 PL, 557pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Ryza

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 47pts]: Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 47pts]: Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm

+ Troops +

Kataphron Destroyers [10 PL, 201pts]
. Kataphron Destroyer x3: Cognis Flamer, Plasma Culverin

Skitarii Vanguards [7 PL, 131pts]: Enhanced data-tether
. 3x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 3x Plasma caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

Skitarii Vanguards [7 PL, 131pts]: Enhanced data-tether
. 3x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 3x Plasma caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [52 PL, 949pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Ryza

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 127pts]: Anzion's Pseudogenetor, Eradication Ray, Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe
. Warlord: Necromechanic

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [7 PL, 156pts]: Omnispex
. 3x Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 3x Transuranic arquebus
. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle

+ Elites +

Sicarian Infiltrators [12 PL, 156pts]
. Infiltrator Princeps
. . Flechette blaster & Taser goad: Flechette Blaster, Taser goad
. Sicarian Infiltrator x6:
. . Flechette blaster & Taser goad: Flechette Blaster, Taser goad

+ Heavy Support +

Kastelan Robots [12 PL, 220pts]
. Kastelan Robot x2: Heavy Phosphor blaster
. . Heavy phosphor blasters: 2x Heavy Phosphor blaster

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 145pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Cognis heavy stubber
. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 145pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Cognis heavy stubber
. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Questor Mechanicus) [24 PL, 480pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Cerastus Knight-Lancer [24 PL, 480pts]: Cerastus shock lance

++ Total: [106 PL, 1986pts] ++

Buff Deathwing or any infantry with more than 1 wound each.

Yeah and that second in command sergeant old guy. Not the codex astartes runt but who cares about him.

well I mean they did have Dark vengeance and the expansion once, what would you put in a start colecting DA that isn't in the SM one?

The Admech are popular, despite going to horrific lengths in their pursuit of efficiency. As are the Nids similar omnicidal maniacs. The Wolves can take their damn knocks like the rest of us.

Can't speak for Captain Titus, but the Graia thing could have a few explanations since Graia proper is a massive web of space stations that is warp-capable and is sometimes positioned around enemy worlds for sieges that put the Iron Warriors to shame. The planet in Space Marine could have been one of the previous Host Planets for the Graian Crown and become a small Forge World in it's own right before the Crown left for some mission or another, which would explain why there are few Skitarii there and it was small enough to be threatened by a mere million Orks. Only discrepancy is the Titan manufactorum still being present, but I guess they left the Guard to defend that because reasons. Hardly the greatest lore discrepancy in that game.

nth for
CAPTIN TITUS OF THE ULTRAMUHREENS

Because fucking yiffs can't pay for their own buffs like civilized people

>Flamers auto hit now
Huh. Why isn't everyone loading up their armies with these?

cause it's fluffy innit

BA and SW got their own start collecting, but I get your point.

>expansion
wait, which one?

>pic related
Well the Deathwatch thing is fanfic but we know hes in the inquisitions hands and they wouldnt waste a man of his talent so it makes sense

They autohit in 7th.

Cuse they have 8inch range and deep striking is 9.1 inch away

You'll need a seperate detachment for the wolves though, do you not (or rather, you probably should)? So, quite a lot of points for that. And you do inflict a mortal wound on your unit,

>Primaris DAs are barely getting any chapter-specific aesthetics

They still look like green Ultramarines. Where's the hoods? The tabards? The mighty spiked flails? The huge tower shields? Power mauls and angelic wings on their backs/helms?

Continue half-assing this GW and you won't get any money from me. I'm not playing half-assed Primaris dudes and I'm not fielding half/half with fucking manlets not being truescale.

D6 hits at short range. You are paying points for unreliable bolters

One thing I have done to mitigate Psykers with my AdMech is to take a Culexus Assassin. You don't appear to have any snipers, so having something to deal with characters/psychic bullshit would be handy.

Can you link the box or whatever?

Friendly reminder that the Iron Warriors are ten times better than the Imperial Fists

Rise of the Ynnari Ghost Warrior share anyone?

this one

I've been looking at the DE index. How the hell are you supposed to play their army? You get three quarters across the field turn one and then all your transports are blown apart and you're stranded in the open because the basic transport is heavy bolter chaff

That's right. I don't think it can be utilised effectively at all.
It's aimed more at fluff players.

Because they're only radical on shit that moves quickly.

>codex astartes runt
Lemartes. The cunt that tattled on titus.

You mean D6 wounds

Anyone have experience painting vials like this guy's?

Oh shit, insightful reply.
I did not notice I was missing a datasmith. Good eye. I've been noticing Stygies just doesn't give me the killy-ness to take down the Death Guard and Orks I fight regularly. I'm hoping to volley-out what ever tough crap I'm facing in one round of plasma fire. Some arc weapons would be nice on the Alphas, but I'm hoping that the carbine shots will just be worth more by them not getting into melee.
No word on the Knight taking up a third of the list?

>unreliable
>auto hits

user

Too expensive, They'd get decent at 5 points but not 9.

You missed the ranger squad in the spearhead. Three Tarqs and an Omni.

Would flamers in a melee dudes unit work?

Leandros. Lemartes is the Death Company chaplain

The Burning of Prospero Mark III Marines only come with a heavy bolter, plasma gun, plasma pistol and melta gun right?

>like this guy's?
Then just look at his vials and do it like that. Same as gems/lenses basically. Highlight towards the bottom, then a very sharp highlight across for the surface of the liquid, and then just black above that.

Take raiders and a Haemonculus on foot advancing alongside them, he gives them +1 toughness. Same for Venoms. When CA drops use 1CP to deepstrike a bunch of chaff to block everything up turn 1 and make them fall back, I suggest birds for this.

[Spoiler]You'll still get blasted off the board unless you get lucky with 5++ rolls, never rely on FNP.

>Second best fortress after Medrengard
>Chaos Titans at every gate
>Obiliterators on every wall
>600+ Defilers
>Entire Grand Company
>NIDED in less than a week
>Warsmith literally gets eaten alive
You guys are more NPC than the NPCs

>Unreliable
>Auto-hitting for 2d6, pick better on overwatch
>thinking this is bad
It's to keep people from charging you.

user at the same range for 7 less points you can get a stormbolter that does only like slighty less wounds than a flamer.

christ these upgrade packs are sparse
Do you really only get six standard shoulder pads?

oh shit my bad, didn't mean to mistake Lemartes for that little shitstain.

Why do his vials look like butterfly wings?

It hits d6 times automatically. It doesn't have a guaranteed 1 wound

Looking to start a new army to shake it up. Currently have DEldar.
Options are:

-tau (cool looking battleforce, and models)
-eldar (craftworlds)
-nids (a close second when I was starting out)
-memestealers (cool box and HQ)

I don’t know too much of the lore on each (except nids), but reading DE has given me a little info on craftworlds.

I'm assuming no CA drop yet? Doesn't really matter, I'm just curious about some of the missions since all the points|army stuff is out

Until someone charges you from 8.5 inches away. Also where are you getting roll 2d6 drop lowest?

it's a 2k point list- I'd put a knight in as well, though I'd go for the variant with the rapid-fire battle-cannon and a big-ass chainsword. I don't know FW stuff well enough, though.

Stygies gives your guys the survivability to win a firefight, but Ryza might be better with a core of Vanguard.

I think they're meant to be fly/mosquito wings, to go with the disgusting design element of the DG

Leandros did nothing wrong.

I must have missed it among the vanguard. I'd still advocate for a culexus assassin- in my experience, being able to stop Orks from doing 'Da Jump' among other stuff is pretty valuable.

there anything specific you're wanting to know?

Look at gems and liquid bottle references.

Paint from dark then thin paint wet flat brush pull lighter layers.

Basically do gems but have a defined line for the liquid.

Sternguard. Basic sternguard.
See pic games-workshop.com/en-IE/Sternguard-Squad-2015

Only if you have some kind of advance and charge abilities. Flanmers are defensive weapon to use during overwatch

I'm buying pic related tomorrow.
I believe I can fly.
I believe I can touch the sky.

>He shrugged. ‘For me, I have no view. I care little for laws, only that they bind
my hands. Suppose you release the Custodians from their vigil here. They say
there are ten thousand of them. The enemy numbers in the billions. A lion is a
poor hunter to set against so many jackals.’
>I remembered Harster’s bleak face then. There’s strength in the universe even
greater than theirs.
>‘The same argument applies to the Angels of Death,’ I said. ‘We’ve always
needed elites.’

Hey, what do you know. Someone in the Imperium HAS noticed that the numbers given for the Astartes are titchy. The Custodes make more sense, since ten thousand bodyguards is by no means too few.

A good melee unit that can spam them would be something like Wolf Guard with jump packs. You have to keep them under 30ppm to be viable so 11 point combi-flamers cut too much into your melee weapon upgrades, Stormbolters are better.

No melta I believe.

lightning claw for the sarge too, and a lot of bolters/chainswords as well

Lancer gets a 4++ in the Fight phase. Keeps it from catching the dead so much against Typhus, or so I hope.

yeah and then you roll a 1, so you pay 9 points for a single autohit bolter shot. I mean you do you, but that sucks a lot. The best way is either fast crap that can use it to surprise your opponent, or special case like loading out a rhino with 5 havocs with flamers and using VoTLW.

It doesn't it has d6 wounds.

2d6 drop lowest?

Wish normie chapters had librarian dreads. Least Gilly could do is legalise them.

That's not what the other guy I was replying to posted.

What's the point of some models having multiple weapons? Can they fire all of them even if they're infantry?

All lords of war should be raised in price drastically

They shouldnt be "viable" in 2000 point and under games to begin with

Maybe only cognis flamers get that. My bad.

Hmm just wondering because the combo of flaming then charging works really well for blight drones.

It's like that because Guilliman can't order custodes to split 10k into parts.
And this is how 100k Legions were broken into 1k Chapters and 10k Custodes stayed as 10k Custodes.
tl;dr Blame Guilliman

dude, flamers are autohit, not autowound, else they would be muuucchhhh better.

what model

Yes, but models can't fire pistol-type weapons AND other types of weapons, it's either all of one, or all of the other.

Thanks!

What's this funny looking thing I genuinely can't tell. I thought it was melta.

>a lot of bolters/chainswords as well
I wish Tacticools could use chainswords ;__:
Just noticed that there's an old school thunder hammer too.

Inceptor squads.

If you roll a 1 with bolters you miss?

Then they wouldn't be viable in 2000+ game.

Don't be so salty

What's the best way to use Neophyte Hybrids?
Some people say "like guardsmen", but I don't know what that means because I haven't used IG before.

just... why are even trying anymore, my dude?

But Librarians dreads are BA relics and no one know how to made new one.

Eldar and Nids are in a better position now, rules-wise (Tau codex might show up next semester).

But for looks, I'd totally recommend Tau

Thunder hammer m8

that's a volkite, but can be used as a melta without too much fuss.
Not enough person play 30k to really know the difference i'll bet.

Each Inceptor has two Assault Bolters, they make 6 shooting attacks per turn, which is two Assault Bolters firing 3 shots each.

Hey, is there anywhere you can still get Dark Vengeance? I didn't like DA or spoopy CSM at the time, but now I love 'em.

We need TS psychic helbrutes

t. 2008

Tyranids. Build a pure combat army and shred everything.