Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1915: Far Reaching Consequences Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wu9ca5aEecI
youtube.com/watch?v=PH6PeXmXBPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What are your favourite settings to combine?

Jump 44: Gurren Lagann
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Spiral Energy
Get Yer Head On Straight! [950]
I'll Repay That, Ten Times Over [850]
Punch Through The Heavens! [650]
Believe In the Me that Believes In You! [350]

Items:
Badass Glasses
Badass Cape
Camping Supplies [0]

Gunmen:
Lagann-Type Gunmen [50]

Companions:
Someone From Below - Kaori, Hong Meiling, Stanford Pines, Stanley Pines, Shaggy, Toki, Speedwagon

Drawbacks:
It's For Agility! [450]

Do the impossible, see the invisible! Break through the Heavens and don't let anyone stand in your way! That's the way of the Dai-Gurren Brigade! So come at me, Beastmen! I'll take on every last one of you myself, and we'll see this journey all the way to the end! I DON'T EVEN NEED A GUNMEN TO KICK YOUR COLLECTIVE FURRY ASSES! I'LL DO IT WITH MY BARE HAAAAAANDS!
>"Well, at least he's enjoyin' himself more." Stan said as he sipped some coffee, watching the wrecked mecha parts fly off into the distance.
>"user has gone from a stoic warrior and remorseful soul into a hot-blooded warrior full of courage!"
>"Thanks, Speedwagon. We couldn't have possibly figured that out on our own."
>"It's worrying me. All of this emotion and passion...he could eventually lose control of himself if this keeps up." Ford said.
>"Eh, don't worry about it, we can take care of it if he gets out of hand. Besides, he's never let us down before, right?"
>"Stanley, I'm starting to wonder if you have too much faith in our Avatar."
>"And you're a freakin' worry-wart, Ford. Just sit back and watch the fireworks, willya?"
>"I suppose this is as good as an opportunity as any. Shaggy, go assist user."
>"Um...are you sure that's wise?" Asgore asked, worriedly.
>"Like, don't worry man, I got this!" Shaggy said before diving into the fray. More explosions and wrecking sounds could be heard as the others watched.

Futurama and Kingsman , its a pretty zany mix of sci fi and spy action

As a method of balancing, the current description implies you can only add memories, rather than altering or removing. You could theoretically lay on memories past their most recent ones to build up a new personality, but they would still have the old memories.

Keep in mind that although they might be able to work out something is wrong from having contradictory memories, there's no easy way to figure out which ones are the real ones.

If people think it's not too crazy, I could have a second purchase of the item allow for altering/rewriting.

>"...when in the heck did he learn to do that?!" Stan said, spilling his coffee.
>"He has learned well." Toki said, crossing his arms and nodding in pride.
>"Oh, dear...they're making quite the mess." Asgore said.
Shaggy, you are a surprisingly good tag-team partner!
>"Like, I'm just happy to be here, man!"
>"Hey, nice work you two, how ab-user WHERE IN THE HECK ARE YOUR PANTS?!"
PANTS ARE FOR THE WEAK!
>"Okay, maybe he's gettin' a LITTLE out of hand."

I need Nubee AllFiction story links ASAP!

Damn, Shaggy has come a long way. Not only does he, without any fear, dive into battle, he's able to keep up with user. Good job, man.

...looks like someone's shaping a peaceless season.

>PANTS ARE FOR THE WEAK!
...This is just too funny to be true.

Any Kamen Rider Jump and Generic Magical Girl.

Soon, user. SOON.

What can the actual memory flashlight do? Did it have any limitations (e.g. needing to be prepared for a specific target, in a specifically lit environment, so you can't just flash every random person on the street into thinking they just won the Olympics as you drive by)?

Shaggy being hypnotized to be fearless apparently is enough to let him overpower a motorcycle gang. Having a restored-to-his-prime Toki as a mentor plus various imports and Scaled the Wall...he's likely a force to be reckoned with, now. All because the World Engine might have mistaken the memes as prophecy, now a self-fulfilled one.
Just as planned.
Indeed.

The device itself needs to directly be a weapon. If it spawns a weapon, you have to choose to be the weapon it spawns instead.

Magic Knight Rayearth!

The thread archived before I could respond.

>replace stadium lights at the superbowl
>one hundred thousand people suddenly believe they are the President.

I have SO MANY that I had to make an excel cheat sheet. It's hard to pick a favorite.

I rather like Avatar: Korra + Monster Hunter so I can make my joke of calling her show Korra the Barbarian an actual thing. DeSu came up with a neat one involving Gravity Falls + NIGHTs Into Dreams + A Nightmare On Elm Street to turn Gravity Falls into a horror version of itself focused around warring Dream Demons both in and out of the Dreamverse. Pokemon + Shipgirls + Tankgirls also has some fun possibilities.

And then, of course, there's the one I'm keeping under my hat for Jump 20. Because it'll be a neat surprise.

>Pants are for the weak
Well Lancer's advice was to lighten up and go get laid. Seems this Heavens has taken the first half of that advice.

What do the D&D jumps have in the way of cool artifacts?

It doesn't really seem to have any limits set in the canon. It can completely rewrite personalities, and in the prologue does so with a single shine.

Head of Vecna.

Play poker or go fish with the Deck Of Many Things.

So it's basically a plot maguffin.

Anyone willing to recommend 10 jumps or so? I want to start a new chain but can't really decide on how to start it.

Do you honor the fallen, /jc/?

La Pucelle. That's a neat one that isn't used too often.

Do a chain of Red's Jumps!

Start with Generic Magical Girl, then go through every other magical girl jump you can find.

Veritas, Mushoku tensei, CATastrophe, Geneforge, Katanagatari, Sims 3, Fire Emblem Blazing Blade, Touken Ranbu, Symbiote Web Novel, RWBY

Iron flask, it contains pretty much any demon or devil, I keep a bunch of succubus demons in them and sell them when I hit new locations where I dont care about fallout.

>Sekirei
>Log Horizon
>Twintails
>Kenichi
>Waltraute
>Prototype
>FGO
>Neptunia
>Magico
>TTGL

So I said I would be making a Pacman Gauntlet, based on the origonal arcade game, and release it this weekend. I gave it a go today, as I want to get it made ASAP so I can focus on Pact. However I very soon realised that the origonal arcade game has almost nothing going on in it.

So far I've got 8 perks, and 8 drawbacks. Seeing as it's a gauntlet it will be pretty short anyway, but I'd still feel better with at least 12 of each

So if anyone wants to give a suggestion for either perks or drawbacks then go for it

Otherwise, I'll stick it in as is, on saturday and see how it fares, though it will probably fall flat. I'm not too fussed whether or not it gets accepted though as I'm happy to focus on making a worthy Pact jump

user, that would be boring.

I normally do Reds jumps anyway, cause I normally do all jumps (except for Food fight and Ghost busters).

My thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions but I've never been a Magic Girl fan, I actually kinda dislike the genre.

TTGL? Thanks for the rest.

>PANTS ARE FOR THE WEAK!
Pants are an illusion, and so is death.

Also recommend Nichijou. Another fun small jump.

What jumps give you the ability to create pocket dimensions?
I'm looking for those that keep existing no matter the circumstances, like losing your concentration or starting a new jump, and allow you to move objects between there and the normal world.

I like Grove from World Seed, especially thematically, but since it's inside your own soul it might be hard for you to go there yourself?
Others are Create Demiplane from D&D, and Dimensional Technology Mastery from Tenchi Muyo.

Are there any more like those?

>TTGL?
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan

Traveler’s Gate lets you create a literally infinite dimension that follows you. Import it as your dimension in DC Occult after though otherwise you'll need to teach people how to travel to it to prevent it from falling apart.

I remember that one from a while ago, cheers.

Ah ok, I wonder why they used TTGL instead f just referring to it as Gurren Laggan.

Hmm. Y'know, when your opponent has a device that can rewrite your memories, could you actually trust your memories of them using a flashlight to do it?

>Import it as your dimension in DC Occult
>otherwise
Why would importing it stop it from falling apart? Dimension Lord doesn't state such effects, iirc.

They did have to be prepared beforehand, one of the classrooms had a hidden mechanism and computer for producing the lights. The memories had to be "manufactured" before flashing the target and it seems like all memories that might be needed for the killing game were planned and designed in advance. But yeah, after designing the memories, the possibilites are pretty much limitless.

I still like to believe that part of what the mastermind said was bullshit and that the world isn't actually some weird utopia with people willingly throwing their lives away to become a character in a show

Weren't you going to do some updates to the Lilo and Stitch jump? Or did I completely miss that?

As for your question, no clue. I really don't know how anyone would make a Pacman jump.

No but you can just create beings within it instead of having to teach people. Also as it'd now kinda part of yourself and has links to you it'd be far easier to stop it from falling apart.

I just want to say that I love the crystal plants from warframe.

Now I just need to figure out if it is a bad idea to genetically alter them to grow into shapes like arrows for projectiles or if It would be better to merge them with the plantlife from Pandora in avatar for truly crystalline bio computer ecosystems?

Bring in stuff from the spin-offs

Here's the next version of Ox Tales. Please let me know if there's anything else to address.

Tower Of Fate from DC Occult. As big as you need it to be, and able to survive the complete destruction of a multiverse.

What are good power ups to use on a group of companions? Pactios seem nice but I'm looking for other stuff to.

I made a couple of updates to it, then stuck it in the drive to be looked at

The spin offs look like wierd stuff I never watched. However, I'll give them a look over. I think my idea for it might just be unworkable and worth dropping

Ritual of Bonds from Magico?

Updates really should be posted to the thread before uploading.

>I made a couple of updates to it, then stuck it in the drive to be looked at
You should probably just post the latest version here anyways, it's good manners. If only to prevent possible shitposting.

How many jumps are there where you can get a planet?

What would it take to bring down an omnipotent being. Is it even possible with the right skills and strategies?

Where are some perks that let you shapeshift into things that aren't biological? I was looking at the one in Gunnerkrieg but the drawback just makes it completely unappealing to upgrade to.

One of the Dragon Ball jumps, Z I think. Also the Asgerd planetoid from the Dahak Scenario. Probably others but it's all I can think of.

I feel like you dont know what omnipotent is

Truly Omnipotent? Then no. You'd have a better chance at destroying the universe with a rock.

Ah alright, here you go

Imaginary Form, from Worm.

If they're genuinely omnipotent, then no. It is, in fact, impossible.

I kinda love how the result of two omnipotent beings fighting would be to stop fighting and do nothing. It's completely pointless to anything other than that as it will never have a true result.

>and cause the surrounding are to shake,
Just a typo.

>You are capable of launching from your body, fiery plasma blasts
"You are capable of launching fiery plasma blasts from your body" sounds much better.

Are Richter's/Yaarp's power on the same level as the ones in canon? The first one could cause massive earthquakes and the latter could shatter buildings. I ask because their descriptions make them sound much weaker.

You can combine jumps?

It's a newfangled structure houserule, like native jumps were back in their day.

There's an option for it in the alt-chain builder, which is in the supplement section on the drive.

I have two perks that I can do that with, because I'm a powerwanking munchkin

>A Wig And Summer Dress
>A ten foot alien on earth would like a human
"would look like a human"?

>Hovercraft
>10MPH
A strong running pace for a human seems somewhat slow for a hovercraft?

>Beach
Is the beach just the sand, or does it include a strip of typical Hawaiian foreshore?

>I Loved This Show So Much As A Kid
Love the pic.

You do understand Omnipotance would trump simple perks yes?

This, if you were truly omnipotent you wouldn't need any perks in the first place

I mean the only place you could even get close to it in jumpchain would be D.Y.N. Freaks. Or the banned jump which is in the spoiler of this post.

Ace Combat
Strike Witches.

>spoiler of this post.
Err. You forgot something.

I think in the episode with Richter he was only able to trigger earthquakes, and not create them. He would normally just make cracks and have the area shake. In the epsiode he tried to travel deep underground to a point that was prone to earthquakes, to trigger the next one early

It's mentioned in the show buildings, but the most we actually see him do is knock someone over.

I'll fix the the two typos as well

Will fix that typo too

You're the second person to mentioned the speed. What do people think would be more appropriate speed for it, and I'll change it

I'm not sure what the word foreshore refers to. Would you be able to give an example

I forgot to spoiler it, and for that I am sorry.

So powerful, it can't even be spoilered.

>which is in the spoiler of this post
>he says, with no spoiler in the post

Yarp that is being mentioned damaging buildings but only being shown doing minor damage

This is the true face of omnipotence.

Not the most original but still

Which jumps give you harem powers?

Omega Self Molecular Manipulation from X-Men Movies.

Has anyone figured out a way to make transformation-specific equipment or powers exist normally outside of the transformation?
I'm aware of the Digimon perk, but I want to see if anyone figured out a method using item imports, crafting perk combos, or custom powers.

It's the least I could do for those that were loyal to the end.

Hero BBS

Nah, it doesn't.

>I think in the episode with Richter he was only able to trigger earthquakes, and not create them. He would normally just make cracks and have the area shake. In the epsiode he tried to travel deep underground to a point that was prone to earthquakes, to trigger the next one early
I mean, looking at this episode
youtube.com/watch?v=wu9ca5aEecI
just what he does to the beach at the start is pretty big I'd say. I wouldn't be surprised if he could do actual earthquakes like the disney wiki says.

In the Yaarp episode he's able to dismantle a bus, but I didn't find the house scene, so I'll give you that. He still a fair bit stronger than his power is described to be.

It doesn't what? Allow you to turn into non-biological stuff?
Given that the examples listed are a cloud of mist and turning your legs into jets i'd say that it does very clearly allow that.

Based on youtube.com/watch?v=PH6PeXmXBPM it looks like it has a top speed of perhaps 50 to 60 MPH. And also can casually maneuver at altitudes over one thousand feet and is waterproof (though the lack of an enclosed cabin means the passengers aren't protected).

Heh. It's basically a fancy flying jeep.

If you have some perk to keep your self like the one from robocoo or resident evil the gunnarkrigv one is absolutely amazing. But otherwise xmen has omega self manipulation.

I don't really like taking information off of this disney wiki, as most of it is written by small children who make it up as they go along. Though you're right that it's a fair amount of damage. I'll try to imply a higher power level in their abilities

You're right, that is a lot more capable. Most of the recent clips I looked through were of it going low, so I assumed it was a lot weaker. I'll alter it to show the actual potential of it more. Is 100CP still a resanoble price with it's real potential, or should I raise it to 200CP?

>foreshore
Sorry, checking the dictionary, I used the wrong word. I meant a narrow strip of land that is just behind the sand but before any forest/hills. Basically just enough grass to raise a tent and a picnic table without having to worry about the tide washing you away.

Superman or Cap? Who does it better?

I'd leave it at 100. It presumably needs fuel (does the show actually indicate what these things run on?) and if you bumped its price you'd have to bump all the other vehicles too.

Batman.

>I don't really like taking information off of this disney wiki, as most of it is written by small children who make it up as they go along.
For Lilo & Stitch at least it sems to be quite accurate. Everything I've read there and checked in the show was correct. No clue how it is for other series though.

> I'll try to imply a higher power level in their abilities.
Neato.

Also, when using Hawking, do you create that black hole or become it yourself? Iirc it was the latter in the show. Besides that, how long is "temporarily", and how big can it get?

Biological mist, organic jets. According to the jumpmaker. He's fairly clearly ruled it's only organic stuff.

Supes does it better. Not to knock on Cap but I feel Supes does it better overall.

Ah okay. I didn't know such a ruling existed.
Why isn't that kind of thing in the notes?rhetorical question