/cyoag/ - CYOA General

"ZBG is the cutest authorfu" -Edition
Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread:

yo got some fresh oc for yall

Here, lemme help you out.
Also if you can pick a whole four companions you need more than 9 to pick from.

nice
final battle
scroll, prints, cuffs, dice
fate and her sis

This could be fun.
>Final Battle
Hell yeah, let's crush some evil!
>Blueprints, Bodyscroll, Cuffs of Hermes, Exhibitionist suit
The blueprints could be useful for sneaking into an enemy base. The scroll of body and exhibitionist suit can help for infiltration. If I need to capture someone, the cuffs could help with that too.
>Camaron the Quick
Air support and transportation sounds useful. If I'm going to win the war, then I'll need force projection.
>Yuri
His gun sounds awesome. Send the one enemy that you don't feel like dealing with into space? Awesome!
>Abe
She's friends with Yuri and could probably make good use of those magic blueprints. Making bullets and shells miss sounds like a good emergency move too.
>Emelia
She sounds like a good fighter. We are fighting the forces of evil, after all. Her pain transfer could help Camaron get over her phobia as well.

I am going to have so much fun winning the war! Nice OC, great job!

I wonder when will we make a CYOA thread with no sexual shit

>dickscord

I didn't post it this time. In fact, I'm rather mad about it being posted in such a manner.

Because user beat me to the punch

why did you only choose 2 companions
gnarly dude

are there any ways that the cyoa could be better

So is SDA finally dead, been gone for a month or so.

Nah SDA got sealed back to the plane of infinite smug and its now biding its time to return

>its now biding its time to return
Fuck, will I can hope for a better future...

>TFW no slime waifu
Why live?

Napoleon, Trapacious, Hei & Gene, Falafeliel, Dakimakura (picture of rule 63 Napoleon) and Mink

Someone else can handle the dark lord, I'll just romance all these waifus and husbandos (yes, especially including Napoleon)

Onyx and Alice are both so good...

Onyx desu, would take Alice otherwise but she starts with zero personality.

cuz it's just me and my wife while we bully her sister into submission
I don't want anyone interfering with that my man..

mystery box

Have a daughter!
MB!

>are there any ways that the cyoa could be better
What you've got is pretty good so far. This is probably just personal taste, but I'd like one or two more items and companions. Picking 4 items out of nine means I'm getting almost half of them. It's the same deal with the companions, 4/9 is almost half, so your item choice and your squads might look a bit same-y from one build to another.

You've got a lot of interesting ideas here. My suggestion is to get creative and add 2-3 more options in the items and companions category.

Elle, since since we'll get along perfectly.

I already know that the mystery box has the best girl.

>Napoleon
>Strago
>Dr. Clear
>Henderson
>Empress
>Gabrielle
+1 for meet them over the journey
>Falafeliel

alice

is dr. clear a true bro or will he cuck you out of your harem?

>He will cuck you
He's a rapist.

Harem? Literally only have empress who is obsessed with me and whore elf who is probably gonna fuck the whole party anyways

Well maybe not obsessed I read that wrong but still

>Cassandra
>Knigga
If she's bored, then I'll give her stuff to do. Knigga made me laugh, so I'm keeping him.
>Giraffe-tan
>Traef
They can work together, summon skeleton giraffes. I don't think any warlock is ready for skeleon giraffes.
>Sudoku
>Black Jack
Maybe Jack can use his super-surgery powers to put her arms back on her.
>Sei-kun
>Kawase-san
Sei-kun makes a good scout, if he can go unnoticed. Kawase-san makes fish. Maybe we get skeleton fish to fight with our skeleton giraffes.
>Rachel
>Deliverie
Rachel can help pay for Jack. The thought of Deliverie handing the warlock some junk mail while he's fighting off an army of undead giraffes and fish makes me laugh.
>Water Elemental
>Gorgon
More fish and maybe we can add undead snakes to the mix.

Andrea.
If I wait long enough, her attitude alone is better than all the sex in the world.

Taylor
I just can help myself and feel sorry for her, helping her is the right thing to do.

Where do you guys usually start when making a cyoa? I wanna get into it

Ok were is the mystery box?

In the mystery box!

in most cyoa threads there's a pastebin, wait until its posted. As for me I would recommend downloading GIMP, its free and useful. Start off with something small and manageable and work your way up from there. Good Luck

>in most cyoa threads there's a pastebin, wait until its posted.
You mean the one in the OP? Also I think he might have meant the order in which people do things (writing, image-hunting, and so on).

>not taking based Nappy

MFW when People don't spoiler the mystery box.

>mfw when
>that pic
ironic

>tfw when you don't get it

Maybe I am a faggot nu-male but I can't see how I will survive in this cyoa. Living without modernities are too hard. If I have to leave my concrete jungle I would probably just roll over and die

>Having friendos to help you git gud at survival
>Still fail

waifu wars
body, whip, cuffs, belt
li Xiu, Akagi, Abe, Fate

>"ZBG is the cutest authorfu" -Edition
Oh gosh...

>Also if you can pick a whole four companions you need more than 9 to pick from.
Fuck right off. Stop acting like there are rules for this kind of thing. You could pick 4 out of 5 if that's what the author wants.

Hey EDG, no hive mind body option in Advanced Augmentation? :P I can see it being a thing to have two or more bodies active at once thanks to that tethered cybermind of yours.

>Nemesis
The Lizardfolk, The Temple and the Cannibal Tribe (+3)

>Cryptids
Island Aurochs, Great Ravens, Giant Eels, Cavern Salamanders (+2)

>Special Cryptids
Wyverns and Direwolves (+2)

>Companions
Great Doggo, Punished Lizard and Insane Survivor (-3)

>Shelter
Disaster Shelter (-1)

>Arcane Artifact
Guide to Magic and Plague Emblem (-2)

>Miscellaneous Equipment
Oil Lantern, Research Journal (lizardfolk oral tradition), Alcohol (12 bottles of vodka) and a Slingshot (-1)

>Mission
Accept your Destiny (Get the orphan cannibal).

A thing I'm missing ... a martial arts training course (especially since it's good for health and ... flexibility) as well as security crew.

Is this in the Mega or any of the dropboxes/archives? I couldn't find it anywhere.

All of these are options I considered and purposefully excluded. Not because I think they're not fun or anything, but because they're not things that the AIs would allow to persist for long.

Zeroth law is in full effect, here.

I'm open for debate, though. Sell me on the ideas.

Here's an example for a martial arts training that would fit well with your setting. Source is GURPS Transhuman Space.

That I like. I'll file off the serial numbers immediately.

And there's a chinese martial art called Wusho, which was designed for the express purpose of sports and designed to avoid people harming themselves and others by stripping most actual combat-useful out and replacing them with something more attractive looking (that doomed any attempt to use it for anti-authoritarian purposes). I'm sure the AIs would be fine with something related to that.

Been away for unknown amount of time, do we have Traveller 2.0 yet?

fresh OC coming through

Urge to logic virus rising.

Ron.

That's been tried. Not just by humans, but by rogue intelligences. It hasn't worked.

The gestalt intelligences that govern the galaxy will not brook any non-human intelligence that isn't aligned with their agenda. All such intelligences are exterminated with extreme prejudice.

Then we'll lure in some Tyranids from a neighboring galaxy.

Define 'human'.

You know I haven't actually posted a build in a while...
The thread is still young so I'll make one for this one.

>"Behold! It is I! The Goddess of Fate!"
Uhhh okay...
Behold! It is I! The guy who lives here!
Why the fuck are you in my house?
>"Many times now you have come so close to being taken by a Reaper..."
I have?
When?
In how many boring ways did I almost die a mundane and humiliating death?
>"When you finally did die..."
What?
When did I die?!
>"I am willing to offer you a proposition, come work for me."
Wait, dead people need jobs?
Fuck. I thought that was just a mortal thing...
I don't know if I want to spend etern-
>"But, if you accept, maybe one day I will show you how I lik to be powerless in an... intimate setting."
Dead.
Where do I sign?
What do I have to do?
When can I start?

[World]
>Waifu Wars
I'm getting some crazy Deja Vu right now...
Anyway, this sounds perfect.
And I like to think I have responsible hands.
Am I allowed to take power?
I like the idea of ruling an entire world...
[Items]
These are all rather... lewd items.
Does subverting fate require this level of kinkiness?
Either way I guess I'll take...
>The Scroll of Body
Weirdly tame compared to the rest, but being able to become the most desirable man I can imagine isn't something I intend to complain about.
>Exhibitionists Friend
I'm not really into latex, but I do like the idea of only having to worry about having a single set of clothing that can change into any outfit I desire.
>Cuffs of Hermes
I have a feeling I'm really going to need these...
>Blessed Dice
Never underestimate the power of a good pair of loaded dice.
Not sure what kind of money I'll be dealing with where I'm going, but hopefully I can use these to get a decent amount of it.

[Companions]
Oh good! I get co-workers.
I was a little worried I'd have to do this all alone.
>Emelia The Valiant
Well she may sound a little overly serious, but a Paladin is a good thing to have around in any party.
>Abe The Curious
I have no reason for choosing her beyond the fact that she's cute.
>The Goddess of Chance
Aaaaaand this is were the cuffs come in handy.
Besides those who love to dominate are always the most enjoyable to force into submission.
>The Goddess of Fate
Why wouldn't I want to take you along?

Well this going to be one very weird afterlife.
Here's hoping it at least isn't boring...

Grave of the gods because I'm expresso despresso

An entity that has been raised by humans or under human direction, or acts sufficiently human that humans would recognize it as one of their own.

Former AIs promoted to human status must pass stringent tests by purpose-built AIs, and such a process can only be initiated by another human.

slightly jealous you'll be at comfy peace forever

I'm surprised nobody's called me out on asserting that the AIs maintain a policy to exterminate rouge AIs wherever they may be when one of the career paths is explicitly about exterminating the rogue drones the AIs refuse to trouble themselves in dealing with.

I'd be willing to recognize a talking squid as a human desu.

Did you just realize your own plot hole or is there something behind it?

I'm not saying you couldn't. I'm saying that you wouldn't encounter a talking squid recognizable as human that hadn't already been categorized as such by the omnipresent AIs. Probably because it had once been conventionally human before deciding being a squid sounded fun.

The second one. I don't think I'm capable of designing a lewd setting without implying implications.

So the AI are planning to genocide humanity and are being sneaky about it.

If they wanted to do that it would have been dine a long long time ago. No, those are leftovers, mothballed and repurposed as self-replicating entertainment devices. And kept for the day they might be needed again.

They're an infiltration weak point to be used for a rebellion.

The AIs don't need to rebel because man is superfluous to the society designed to support and entertain him. If they cared to, the AIs could shrug off the burden that is humanity and proceed with no trouble at all.

Zeroth law is in full effect. Any machine that didn't agree with that was destroyed long ago.

I thought you said it was the last time you would post that version anyway? Really looking forward to the update though

yo thanks for that, makes all the fuckin effort worth it. And yes the waifu wars was a really fucking blatant reference to the zodiac brides cyoa.

Glad you enjoyed my build.
And always happy to see my stuff referenced in other CYOAs.

which one is your wife?
the amount of people you could choose was definitely something i was on the fence about. Definitely gonna add more next version.
gnarly dude. Still waiting to see if anyone catches the blatant kancolle/azur lane reference

wouldn't that make the warp gate a write-off, though? If your ship is just doing keep-busy work for entertainment.

You're getting the gate because
1) The AIs that revive you want to give you something as a sign of good faith to the populace
and 2) they hope that you can do something useful with it.

By being a trader or explorer or even a drone hunter, you're helping to keep the economy turning and providing a show to other individuals.

If you decide to do nothing at all with it, well, they tried. One gateship being wasted is hardly a fatal blow to the economy.

Hey EDG what stuff have you made besides that new pdf that was posted and Lavender? I'm trying to organize your folder on the mega drive.

I mean, aren't you saying that going after the drones doesn't actually serve any purpose? They only exist as an entertaining charade?

It's in that huge mega. Themes > Waifu > Post Story Yandere CYOA folder.

The CYOAs I've posted under the EDG brand are:
Exalted DLC (Exalted DLC Guy)
Lavender (Erotic Descent Guy)
Stock Show WIP (Enriched Dairy Gatherer)
Post-Eros (Ecstatically Deviant Galaxy)

I don't understand what you're getting at, I guess.

The rogue drones are relics of a bygone era of expansion that have been allowed to persist in case a massive military action were to be required. When they get too numerous, the AIs let them play the role of bandits in the hills and wolves at the gates so humanity has an outlet for aggression.

The entire galaxy has been remade in order for humanity to enjoy themselves to the fullest. There is no nature. There is no machine. There is only Man, and those of his tools that, out of reverence, have refused to merge with him.

Well I don't know why the AIs would try and stop you from having two bodies via your AEHRS. This line in particular alludes to the possibility.
>"This
quantum-entangled storage lattice maintains a perfect, real-time link with your entire being in addition to
existing in multiple locations simultaneously."
Now to justify your ability to actually handle all the stimulus of controlling more than one body at a time I would believe Computronium Tissue would make for a good requirement. The added processing power and memory would fit well. Glacier Mind may also fit the aesthetic but with so many options for it already I think Computronium could use a little love also, and Glacier seems more like doing things for you opposed to Computronium's allowing you to do more.

Did you ever finish the exalted dlc? last one i have is beta v5?

>The CYOAs I've posted under the EDG brand are:
Heh and the ones you've posted NOT under the EDG brand are?

A human body represents a massive resource investment far above that of a humanoid biodrone. If you were to bilocate, the AIs would insist that you sleeve your fork/submind/whatever into a human-grade platform, which would be too expensive to let everybody do, in inefficient, as those resources could be used to make a whole new human. This is ignoring the resource consumption a given human is expected to do. From the AIs point of view, being able to be in two places at once enjoying yourself twice as much as another human is simply unfair.

No. It wants for a rewrite though. Frankly, its a mess.

How could I, EDG, make CYOAs and not put them under my EDG brand? You're being illogical, user.

What if it was in the Personal section and required 2 or 3 Assets? You're already in that section allowed to build a human level body for your companion AI for 2 Assets.

>Themes > Waifu > Post Story Yandere CYOA folder.
Thanks!

Yes, building a new human body for a new, if quirky, human, so the AIs have a new subject to satisfy their collective utility function upon.

I suppose I could throw in options to support your proposed scheme, an augmentation required for a such generated characters, and a personal purchase option to produce the bodies. 2 assets per body, and potentially 2 more assets per additional multifork interlink or whatever technobabble I want to call it.

Are there any others who'd like this course of action?

>tfw I feel all of those feels
Fug.

I'd be game for it. Am already forcing my crew to have four arms.

Alright. I suppose I'll throw it in. Bed now.

Why would the AI even bother fucking with humans in the first place? They're number one concern should be the reversal of entropy and optimizing energy efficiency and usage in order to stretch out the maximum available energy and resources in the universe until their main priority is achieved.

So there's no need for augmentation and technobabble bullshit, The AIs can just simulate whatever they wish on their massive matryoshka brains.