Veeky Forums - /twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

Currently working on a variety of projects

Heroine Heroism Edition

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Games welcome here!

Everyone is welcome.

Charts:
Main Gens: imgur.com/a/9hzpx
Work In Progress-imgur.com/a/8ka0l
Legacy Charts: imgur.com/a/tNxmF
Side Quests: imgur.com/a/Q0FFO

Alternate Costumes: imgur.com/a/zfO0U
Fusions!: imgur.com/a/tAust

Gats's V4+Chibi Gen:
imgur.com/a/3nz8j
imgur.com/a/R79Pd
docs.google.com/document/d/1A-nihGqc0TnW9cIUo9dnnJPHenh94BnKjSWEyokagWM/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1tvwJDhjDU4AfH8GTP553odh0jANZQm-bkoBc7H2l3C8/edit#heading=h.mbsuygwltkaf

Commissions:
imgur.com/a/R79Pd

FAQ:
pastebin.com/gaSHJEZF

Resources:
Tavern Link Hub: pastebin.com/LnVbYysE
Booru (Fan Art Collection) - tower-girls.booru.org/
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board -8. ch.net /tw grl
Brushes, Fonts, and Templates mediafire.com/file/k83sgc5t5dfvv3s/Towergirls_Files.zip
Gats Wiki - wiki.smutosaur.us/towergirls/Main_Page

Spreadsheet Princess - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12IcT_vwIHKAMz-ghvB3fgHTr7DkHvjrbu4Hzlw4XCIU/edit#gid=0

Games & Tabletop Rulebooks:
pastebin.com/uAYHS9KZ

Official Videogame:
towergirlsthegame.tumblr.com/

Quests:
towergirlsquest.tumblr.com/ (Gats)
towergirlschivalryedition.tumblr.com/ (Eversor)

if you'd like access to the discord or have anything you wish to talk about privately involving towergirls, editing, etc, please contact Brumus here:

A) [email protected]
B) "Tired Knight" on Steam

Don't forget to visit the other Tower girl threads on other boards

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

picarto.tv/Eversor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So.
Who is worst girl?

Samefag.
Also, the answer is Dog. Always Dog.

Fudge

>First post
>Samefag

So what's everyone think of folding in Magical to Hero?

I think its a bad idea.

It's called OP samefagging. :^0

That's a really gay idea

Reposting since I felt like my idea was convoluted before but now I am sticking to it since an user seemed to like it. I like the Idea of the other designs being hero's transformation sorta like kamen rider or power rangers.

Heroine get graphic update.

Still has that stupid visor.

You know that she is not a Modern Super Hero, right?

Jesus, are people still fucking bitching about that?

Have you ever seen the discussions about Gemini/Symbiote/Squid/Hobgoblin? Those where long discussions.

Mine is just an observation because i was at work while it popped out then i didn't followed how it evolved.

If it stays its probably what will make more people lean towards the demon hunter princess rather then hero.

Yeah, it might. But hey, better to give a princess a fighting chance, right?

But it's incredibly minor compared to those other things

I feel the opposite, honestly

Exactly. The visor makes it more something peculiar, not a generic hero.

If you look at the typical fantasy hero they have helmets or no helmets at all.
Weird heardgear is for wizards, warlocks, demon hunter etc.

Well giving her a visor who makes hard to see, is not very smart.

I mean, even medieval helmets reduced your sight but at least they protected the entire head.
To me hero should have 0 magical stuff, because that should be the point of Being an hero, doing stuff because you want to, not because "lulmagic".

That's why i suggested the Banner, to show that she "brings hope" etc. Take for example pic related. you can tell she has a sort of heroic vibe

Well, if you guys like, I could take a swing at rewriting Hero Princess to make her more interesting.

The current visor design gives me a fun idea, but it does go in a different direction.

'Normal girl with armor and weapon' is already a niche that has been fulfilled at least twice over. Hero (at least the new design) represents something more whimsical. Adding something a little magical to her could be just what she needs to be unique and have a fighting chance against Culler.

Funk Master shows modern can be a thing or did I forget disco was all the rage in the middle ages

>Adding something a little magical to her
Actually many princesses are related to something magical.

Pirate has the curse, Witch is a witch, Cat is a sort of magical creature, and others are full magical creatures.

While Knight is a normal girl who fights the good fight, and paladin fights evil, Hero should be a normal girl who bringss hope as a concept per sé.

That's why she is a hero, and Knight is a Knight.

>fighting chance against Culler
Isn't Culler a demon hunter? Why they should fight? Also, as that user said, if they have those super shit why you have to rescue them?

So far only the visor is giving problems. the rest is ok

I just remembered many complaints about her card as well as her original design in the last thread. That's why I offered.

Also fighting chance as in a better chance to get in the chart over Culler, not a fight pitting them against each other.

Why there can't be both? Not enough space?

Pirate has a curse, sure. But would you say Pirate's a magical peincesses? I wouldn't.

And let's not forget, DP1 was able to kidnap someone who was her size. That tells me dragons are powerful and just having cool magical armor and a weapon isn't going to be enough to fend one off. And that's not even mentioning how many dragons captured multiple supposedly ,physically or otherwise, powerful princesses.

I was thinking, doesnt this gen have a water dragon? Maybe she's used to dealing with other dragons, but not water ones.

Because dragons are usually at the top of the food chain, no matter how powerful you are?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but if you aren't, then your argument about 'why do you need to rescue them?' is moot

>I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but if you aren't, then your argument about 'why do you need to rescue them?' is moot

I was sarcastic because you said that if a dragon kidnapped the princess, no matter how powerful she was, is moot.

Who is actually how towergirls works.

Princess gets kidnapped - > you save her before dragon awakes -> then deal with dragon.

Because is supposed that YOU are the true hero of the adventure.

Oh yea, that would be wonderful, do that!

I legitimately cannot even understand what you just said

Vel, you are the only one who has a problem with the Visor. i get wanting to give input, but at this point, please give it a rest, you lost, people want it.

...What?

Dont speak for everyone nigga I dont like the visor either.

Ok, sorry, Vel got to me, my bad.
Still, lots of people like the Visior, otherwise it wouldn;t still be there.

Same. I've always felt that Ser Knight was made intentionally to be the most generic knight specifically because that was the point of the character. Giving a female counterpart something as distinctive as a visor seems weird and counter-productive.

In fact, I would go so far as to say it seems weird that it wasn't already implied that Ser knight could have been either male or female, title aside.

Hey now, whoever said that Hero's the female counterpart to Sir Knight? If anyone fits that description, it's Knight Princess

Since she ends up being kidnapped one way or another, giving her magical items, or not to use could have not much sense, unless those are then the dowries she can give you.

For example: She is a hero who has this magical stuff, etc, but then the GEN dragons kidnaps her so is supposed that her magical stuff gets removed or has not much use.
So what's the point to say, have the visor who allows you to see through walls, if you then get captureed, isolated and have 0 use for it? not much. okay is there phisically, but that's all.

On the other hand, if the item will then be one of her dowries who she gives you, that could at last make sense because then you will use it.

It is better?

>Only one.
>other people in previous thread said the visor was stupid

That's not how math works

lots? You mean "Some like it, some not."

But if she has a full helmet or mask it is okay, is the only-visor who has less sense

I must not have been paying attention then, because I was under the impression that she was. If that is the case, then never mind me.

Are you serious right now?, He explained towergirls perfectly.

Vel is right I don't like the visor either.

Um... Who said she was a counterpoint?

I think I get what you're saying. It's retarded but I get it. Why does everything on her have to serve a use? If she were to, say, have a spear and had one in her sprite, does that mean one of her bonuses HAVE to do with it? I don't think so. Same with the mask, it's just a mask. It doesn't NEED to serve a purpose.

Yeah, he explained Towergirls, but he didn't exactly provide an argument.

^ This
Sometimes something is just there because it's cool. Rule of Cool, as It's said.

Again, not paying attention.

If Rule of Cool makes 0 sense, becames dumb.

A Spear is a weapon and you use it to shag people with. A Mask could have sense on certain characters, while could not on others.

Wait, what was i not paying attention to? Did i miss something bug?

Not that user, but don't be a brainlet user.

Then I suppose we disagree fundamentally on the kind of hero Hero is. I think it's important we establish this before moving foward what Hero stands for to everyone else.

If this was realistic none of the princesses would have armor, weapons, or mage items either.

In fact, it's probably more likely that a princess could hide a visor in her remaning clothes than an entire suit of armor and a giant cape.

You do realize towergirls is pretty much the definition of rule of cool right?

I mean, you have anthro monsters with giant boobs, outfits from all kinds of different time periods, generals who look like strippers, etc.

I mean, even just a mantis being a princess it's unbelievably unrealistic considering exoskeletons are basically unusable at that size.

Yes, is she a bannerwaving symbol of hope and morale, or a knight themed rider?

True.

I was thinking that since Knight Princess is resolved around beign "Honorbound" and paladin is "Triumph Against Evil", Hero should be "Defender of the Weak", but not necessarily with magics and divine powers, just a regular one who cares about peasants.

That's why is called Hero, because she does all that shit without magical help or divine intervention, and the common folk praise her for that.

Also her lUst Gift is an insigna, so the Banner thing could have more sense. she uses it as symbol to inspire courage, but she has no helmet or masks because she does not need to hide her identity.

I'm not even sure what you guys are arguing about anymore but I still don't like the visor and the hair color

I don't know what they're arguing about either, but I like the Visor and Hair color.
Lets have our own argument to make them Jelious.

>I was thinking that since Knight Princess is resolved around beign "Honorbound" and paladin is "Triumph Against Evil", Hero should be "Defender of the Weak", but not necessarily with magics and divine powers, just a regular one who cares about peasants.

That's why is called Hero, because she does all that shit without magical help or divine intervention, and the common folk praise her for that.

Also her lUst Gift is an insigna, so the Banner thing could have more sense. she uses it as symbol to inspire courage, but she has no helmet or masks because she does not need to hide her identity.

I agree 100% and I couldn't define it better myself.

And I like the idea of it being her henshin form but not her complete redesign.

Vel is arguing the design doesn't fit the character he has in his head, meanwhile anons are arguing that it fits the one in their heads. And now we are trying to come to an understanding what kind of character Hero is or should be.

having fun with the hero thing is allowed you know she can be epic and heroic in all the best fun ways

Towergirls isn't fully serious

So, Link from Legend of Zelda isn't a hero then? He wouldn't get anywhere without magic or divine stuff.

I think he means she is a regular hero. Kinda like how batman is just a normal guy in a suit but can still go toe to toe with superman or any of the other super powered people in DC.

You can do the whole "Defender of the Weak" thing. That sort of thing usually ties into the whole masked hero thing antways.

What if the mask is just there because she doesn't want any recognition?

>I don't know what they're arguing about either, but I like the Visor and Hair color.
>Lets have our own argument to make them Jelious.

Okay, I prefer the old hairstyle and her visorless because she was supposed to be a reference character from broquest(who was best girl by the way) and also I just don't like her new look that much.

Many princesses were 'supposed' to be something. People just found that just porting her over from Broquest was both creatively bankrupt and redundant in the presence of Knight and Paladin.

>redundant in the presence of Knight and Paladin.
Not really when it's already been established that they all serve different purposes. Hell saying that about hero and when we have literal (insert princess) two(not that I have a problem with them)just shows how biased you are. Also this argument thing was supposed to be a joke but now its on.

Exactly

But she is a princess, everyone knows who she is. Also putting a simple visor while the rest of you face is recognizable, like the hairstyle, the face etc, doesn't really make people wonder who you are. Zorro at Least covered the upper half of his head, used a hat and the clothing

What? You gonna tell me Dwarf 2 and Dwarf 3 have as much in common as Hero to Paladin and Knight? Because that's wrong.

>What? You gonna tell me Dwarf 2 and Dwarf 3 have as much in common as Hero to Paladin and Knight? Because that's wrong.
I like how you left out 1 because 2 is a literal clone of 1 with a beard and you are ignoring the other princesses like merchant 2 and cat 2,etc and by your logic all of the elf princesses are the same. And about Dwarf 3 is about as different hero is. Please explain how Paladin and knight are similar other than them being humans who wear armor. Paladin is a religious zealot who carries out the absolute will of her god while, Knight princess just leads a roaming band of knights to fight corruption and evil where ever she may. Again user stop being so bias.

Here's one rough draft I came up with for Hero Princess, following the masked hero vibe the visor design gives to me.

Self-Proclaimed
Hero Princess
+Aspiring warrior with a heart of gold
+Selflessly risks everything for others
+Her strength is out of control!
-As is the collateral damage..
-Very broad definition of "justice"

Landmark: Fields of Justice
Justice has no home. Its reach spreads far and wide.

Love Spell: Justice Punch
Throw a mighty punch with enough force to send giants flying.

Lust Spell: Justice Kick
Send a flying side kick that can pierce any material.

Interrupting the discourse for a moment, are there any other Princess designs that were just sort of thrown away? Either too niche or referential or whatever.

Woah, nice. Not sure I like the love and lust spells, little too on the nose, but this gal seems fun.

Not to hang around with, though, she'd probably kill me.

picarto.tv/Eversor Streamin!

I can change whatever, I was just having fun with a hero of justice archetype. It felt the best to still retain some things from the original card.

I like the pros and cons. They make her stick out a lot more than any other heoric knight princess. "Self Proclaimed" should probably be changed to some kind of land though, since even the loneliest and least powerful princesses have something to their name. The spells and landmark could use some work too, but overall a good start I think.

How about Justice cave? She found cave and claimed ownership, and the nearby town just said "Fuck it, let her have it"?

And I regard 1 and 2 as jokes at best and hate them with a passion at worst. And what 'logic' do you think I'm following? All the ones you mentioned look and act very differently to each other. It seems you think I just look at their species and go: "Welp, these girls are all exactly the same, fuck 'em". I just think Vel's interpretation with the whole 'champion of the people' thing with her rather dull rank and file armor is just a little too close to Knight for my taste, while I prefer the masked hero interpretation more.

I actually like that. So how 'bout

Stately Wynn Manor's
Hero Princess
+Aspiring warrior with a heart of gold
+Selflessly risks everything for others
+Her strength is out of control!
-As is the collateral damage..
-Very broad definition of "justice"

Landmark: Justice Cave
An lonely cave on the town outskirts. Totally not a secret base.

Love Spell: Justice Punch
Throw a mighty punch with enough force to send giants flying.

Lust Spell: Justice Kick
Send a flying side kick that can pierce any material.

I like the self-proclaimed, honestly. it's cute and has fun potential.

What are the opinions on this design? Didn't make this btw.

Hell yea, that's a lot better. Still a little iffy on the spells, but I don;t have anything to replace them, so eh.

Not bad
Needs a mask, tho

It's a worse version of the good one we just got up in the header. The colors are worse, the expression is worse, and she's missing the fun mask.

I may or may not have an extreme hard on for Kamen Rider

I can keep working on them. Trying what I can to help you guys out with Hero/Heroine.

Well, you've Done wonderfully so far~
Meh, it's just not as good as our current one.

Not sure I like the kingdom's name. Maybe make it a generic town name and she just claimed it as her kingdom to protect.
Also the spells are a little samey, imo

I like this. Lots of personality, and she seems fun.
Also, it's Heroine, not hero.

I freaking love it

I think Manor implies she's some rich noble who'd bought a bunch of expensive and cool armor to pursue justice, and that's fun to me.

Ew.

Looks more like a dungeon midboss, not a princess.

This is pretty Meh. I prefer

Yeah, that's what I was thinking and I wasn't a fan. If we're going for the slightly magical angle, maybe she just found a mask that allows her to change into that form?

I think she should just keep the mask on all the time.
Even during sex.
Heroism Never takes a break.

Uh, I don;t think were going for the more magical angle, though.

I find it funny that she just never wants to take the mask off because she doesn't want to go back to her boring mundane life. And so she just keeps it on full time.

It's more of a pun of Batman's "Stately Wayne Manor" to fit with the Justice Cave.

I don't think there really is any agreement on angles. I'm kind of dart-boarding here.

Ooh, yea, that's a good idea. It's a neat reference for those that catch it, and for those that don't, it's not obtrusive.

Try use this head to op one, since colors are messed up

This is basically a super hero. Super Strangth, super here, super there. Justice Jsutice Justice.

At least other version had something to work with. did you read our suggestions tho?

It's never allowed. this is Veeky Forums, if you want Fun go on /mlp/

Granbul has basically made a Super Hero in a Fantasy Setting, that some could argue doesn't really fit.

If you like Kamen Rider then turn her into an actual suepr girl and place her in Station Girls, no? So she can have all the visors you want.

>And I regard 1 and 2 as jokes at best and hate them with a passion at worst
What do you mean by this? and 2 is the joke princess not 1.

>All the ones you mentioned look and act very differently to each other.
And like I just explained so do knight and paladin, unless you think they look act the same because they wear armor.

>It seems you think I just look at their species and go: "Welp, these girls are all exactly the same, fuck 'em"
That's exactly what you did to knight and paladin though.

>I just think Vel's interpretation with the whole 'champion of the people' thing with her rather dull rank and file armor is just a little too close to Knight for my taste, while I prefer the masked hero interpretation more.
You knew what you were getting into when you suggested we argue. Also I said in the beginning that I didn't like the mask and I would like the hair color back to normal because the redesign is just to shonen-esque.

There's a lot of things that don;t fit in towergirls, but a super hero? We have literal fucking magic, how does that not fit