Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Necrons Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Iron Hands stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>preorder the blood angels codex, or don't
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/02/red-thirst-returns-tabletop/

>Stratagems and shit in Blood Angels codex, good shit here
frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/02/codex-review-blood-angels-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-psychic-powers/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=HI47d9KDifs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

zippyshare.com/
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!44ol3JoY
www21.zippyshare.com/v/drkPLYvW/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for melee marines will never be good.

Nth for buy chapter approved yourself if you want it

Berserkers

Nth for the true greatest threat to the galaxy.

fuck that, thats hat the internet is for...tons of free shit

They are still shit sadly.

Glued together my first squad today
First time in a very long time I've done this, have I fucked it up?

Nth for guys who love books

>spe...speish org!
fucking kek

Berserkers are some of the best fighters in the game.

Kill yourself.

did you use fucking sandpaper to remove the moldlines or something?

Rise of the Ynnari Ghost Warrior share anyone?

That's what I'm saying they are the best and still bad.

mouldlines look a bit rough but nothing a bit of sanding wont fix, they're fine user

Looks fine, a few things though:
>Use a minuscule amount of glue, you will probably be pulling some models apart in the future
>Leave Bolter arms off to make painting the chest easier
>Drill yer barrels

One last question about the Detachments - when I play deathguard, can I still take one detachment of chaos and the rest are Death Guard? Do i lose some treatment like in AoS when mixing factions?

I own it but don't know how to unencrypt it and put it up for you

How to make a dreadnought-centric army work?

Tell me more about Tau. Are they good for casual play? How do you think their codex will change them?

Only when you mix key words in the same detachments.

You can do that since they share the chaos keyword the while army is chaos, but there's the nurgle detachment and then the chaos one.

As long as you take distinct detachments, it's fine. If you mix detachments you lose your subfaction abilities.

Will probably change around a lot of shit so commander meme isn't a thing anymore

Just upload it here
zippyshare.com/

Like retarded clockwork.

So I only have a keyword like Chaos and another detachment with Death Guard and another one with daemons?

Go fuck yourself.

>Drill yer barrels
bad advice

Don't upload it for the begging prick.

>not drilling your barrels
It takes like 1 minute and makes the gun look so much better.

You can make a list that shares just the Chaos keyword - the community refers to this as "Chaos Soup" - but if you keep the Demons, the Marines, and the Death Guard separate, you get other bonuses.

If all units have the keyword it is a death guard detachment and they gain bonuses according to their codex but if you add a non-death guard unit to that detachment they lose those bonuses and it becomes a general detachment. you can however take non death guard units without losing your bonuses by placing them in a separate detachment

Holy shit, I've been away for weeks, and this fucker is still at it.

Nope

I dont get it.

Reminder that the Tau Empire book will be alllll about the Tau expanding into Stormlord territory and killing them out and Shadowsun will overcome Rowboat's tactics and kill lots of original marines.

Also everything about the invasion of Vior'la will be changed to make the tau look as good as possible. Retreating from the world? It won't be a big deal at all!

Do we have The Last Hunt?
New novel about White Scars.

And why is drilling your barrels ill-advised?

It looks infinitely better and takes no time at all.

Ok how exactly do chapter tactics work? If I take all units that have the Iron Warriors Legion name, then take a unit of Basilisks from the Forgeworld dex they all lose out on the Tactics yes? not just the Basilisks?

This. Not even wounding tanks on 4s will make marines good i combat

Anyone want to Cuck the Ynnari Begfag and hook me up with the audio book for Mortarion's Heart?

space ork

Chaplain Dreadnought from forgeworld index, easily converted from a blood angel Dreadnought if you dont feel like ordering from FW.

are DG good in 8th?

How good is there unique tank thing?

So it’s exactly like in aos, that i Could take either “Stormcast Eternal” keyword army, to get more bonuses or the “order” keyword to get more access to different factions

Their tank is a great mix of literally everything. Anti-tank, mortar no los needed capability, and some anti-infantry. It's very hard to kill, but it's BS4+. Lots of potential, but could easily suck.

30 or so WE zerkers in rhinos backed up with alpha legion oblits DPs havocs and cultist. It doesn't seem possible thats bad.

I'm Ynnari Begfag and I can give it to you
>mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!44ol3JoY

What's Forgeworld?

That is correct. You only get the bonuses if the entire detachment shares the same subfaction keyword.

www21.zippyshare.com/v/drkPLYvW/file.html

Ynarri book, now you can stop begging

if you can't do it right it's very bad. he's just glued his first squad so he shouldn't wreck his models. i don't drill barrels but some models i've bought used have drilled barrels and they are often wonky

They're pretty good, especially with that one Poxwalker stratagem.

I haven't anything about its performance since release.

Being a good assault army is fundamentally an attacks/point issue and marines have a bad ratio.

They are fine for casual play, their codex will probably make them way better competitively via point drops and markerlight rework but other than that its anyones guess. Are you the same user from last thread who wanted info?

Only difference is that army keywords don't really do anything, it's all about detachments.

Delete this

>Necrons

Khorne: Kharn
Slaanesh: Lucius
Tzeentch: Ahriman
Nurgle: ?
help me out /40kg/

Alpha Legion offers much more to Berzerkers. Forward Operatives is amazing.

First, how do you think you learn things? His first models are exactly the ones he should be practicing on.

Secondly, it's not a skill you have to develop - you just do it carefully and it's fine.

I thought about taking up the tabletop, I've been thinking about playing Dark Angels, IG, Custodes or Craftworld Eldar, what can you tell me about these armies regarding play style and general quirks?
Are they good choices for a poorfag? I don't have much money available and don't want to invest hundreds of bucks into a hobby I might stop caring about after a few months.

Lumpy

Typhus
Typhus you dumb chicken nugget

>death company/sanguinary guard skyleaping >and then charging 3d6" from their new deep strike location
>armywide +1 to wound first round of combat
>rush your Predator 18+d6" then unzip flamestorm cannon + 2 heavy flamer sponsons
Are Blood Angels going to be super strong?

user you can use a razor to get rid of those mold lines instead of your driveway

Typhus?!

>Thing is hard, so don't ever bother practicing

Typhoid Timmy

What's a good example Then? Incubi have 16 attacks for 90pts

I know GW modeling supplies are overpriced, but I've had a good experience with my little GW hand drill. Haven't fucked up a barrel yet.

T..Thank you sir
You freed my soul from daemons.

Charmin

Cant advance and fire heavy flamers

theyre really good but only if you play them one way
the new tank fucking sucks, dont listen to anyone who says its good

Fulgrim!

It’s Calas Typhon you dumpfucks

Yeah. Some things aren't worth it.

Fuck you

Its another GW company that produces warhammer models, they often fill odd niches but are known to be borderline broken (good or bad)

will lucius ever get a new model

>mfw the new BA Codex

Fuck off, you fat sperg.

Yes or no?

>tau?
no
>money saving bundles?
yes

Get your Lucius killed and wait

You can use it more than once right?

No. They will be decent at best. The problem is, they have the issue all melee armies have. Screening + shooting is incredibly strong this edition and counters melee very well. Your deathstars and hard hitting melee units will overkill some throwaway unit then get shot to death.

I'd rather not get into that then. So how do I make a dreadnought army in that case?

Why not tau? Their ghostkeel looks awesome. Only alternative for me right now is memestealer Cults

Now convert it and upload it to the Mega for all of us who didn't want to be called Ynnari Begfags.

AYAYA !

Yes

I recently bought a squad of 10 Krieg Grenadiers on eBay for 30 eurobucks.

For the price, i'm pretty sure it's recast. Am I mistaken ?

yes

They at least have the advantage of being able to fly over screen units.

Looks like a fun army, do it. Don't be a quitter.

BA are still bad because you are relying on 20 point marine models to do the majority of your damage.