/KDM/ Kingdom Death: Monster

New but old copypasta edition

>What is KDM
Kingdom Death: Monster is a "Boutique Nightmare Horror" Board game, known for freaky and sometimes psychosexual monsters, a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign, and Thicc Pinups(the latter not being part of the game.)

>What is 1.5?
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15
Update for the core game, as well as a new wave of expansions, promo mini-expansions, and pinups.

>How do I buy it?
You just missed the preorder window this past Black Friday. Be on the look out for a Christmas sale, there might be restocks of the 1.5 base game and/or 1.0 expansions.

>Why is the game not coming out till 2020?
It's being delivered in 4 waves. The first wave shipped the new 1.5 core game and upgrade-boxes for 1.0 editions.

>What is included in the Box/Expansions/Gamblers Chest?
Read the kickstarter, or check the contents collages posted soon.

>I can't buy it, how can I play it?
There are multiple mods on Tabletop Simulator for it.

>SCANS???????
Here's the old MEGA link for the 1.0 content. It's a bit of a mess; Piidee Effer has already promised the 1.5 version will be better organized, as well as have bookmarked PDFs.
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

>I don't want the minis, I don't want to play using TTS, this game is too expensive.
Suck it up and pay the price. Resell the models to recoup initial costs. Wait a few weeks for Scanon to finish scanning and Piidee Effer to then make updated PDFs and printable standees.

Other urls found in this thread:

blackmarketminiatures.su/catalog/kingdom-death/the-watcher
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1694918/magnetizing-kingdom-death-monster-survivors-primer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here is a collage (and count) of models that come with the 1.5 core game and 1.0 expansions in-scale with each-other.

Gambler's Chest contents.

>Needs an update. There are some more 3d sculpts and the gambler model is not even close to that one.

I'll work on it soon.

- i really dont get the last part of weapon mastery.
"If a new survivor wants to gain the benefits of a mastery that is already an innovation in the settlement, they must gain 8 weapon proficiency levels"
But before this line it is stated that all current and future survivors automatically gain the benefits of the mastery.
so what does this sentence mean.

>But before this line it is stated that all current and future survivors automatically gain the benefits of the mastery.
Of the specialization.

you have the proficiency no mater what but if you want the mastery you got earn all 8 levels. basically you get the benefit of the third level from the getgo but you need to work from scratch to get all the way to the end if you want that character to have the mastery.

Any picture of the Anonymous Survivor?

There are three things involved with weapon proficiency.

Weapon Proficiency level
Weapon Specialization
Weapon Mastery

When a survivor gains Weapon Proficiency level 3, they gain access to the Weapon Specialization perks.

When a survivor gains Weapon Proficiency level 8, they gain access to the Weapon Mastery perks in addition to Specialization perks. The Settlement gains the Weapon Mastery innovation, which grants all survivors access to Weapon Specialization for that weapon even if they aren't training for it.

This is why Weapon Mastery for Fist & Tooth is so valuable, since everyone ALWAYS has access to F&T, so they always get that free standup ability.

Nothing that isn't publicly posted. Her 3d model isn't currently in progress.

You slut.

when you are the monster controller when can you target your own survivor for the bonus?

say when 2 survivors are in range for an attack and your choose your own, do you get +1 insanity
or does selecting mean something special on a card? like does a card specifically need to state " select a survivor"?

I've been playing a lot of solo lately, but I haven't noticed if there is like, specific specializations which are just plain better than others. Is this the case, like Poots designed it intentionally in a manner that no one thing is best or am I just not seeing something?

All I've seen is to just skip the bone dagger.

Anyone know of any chinamans or comrades that have the Watcher?
Seems to have sold out of the store, I am a poorfag, and I just want the model, not the gamepiece.

Is English your first language?
When you're monster controller you the targeted survivor gains +1 insanity if he's also controlled by you. If your playing solo this targeting never gives survivors insanity.

F&T mastery is best because, unless you luck into ACC and LUCK bonuses, F&T is pretty bad.

While Specializations and Masteries are mostly balanced with eachother, unlocking certain Masteries are more valuable than others because of how the innovation affects your survivors as a whole with the granted-specialization.

Fist & Tooth and Shield specializations' abilities don't require activating a weapon, they're passive defensive abilities that only necessitate having the gear in your grid to take advantage of. (Everyone always has F&T, and just carrying a shield without the specialization perk is already useful to begin with)

Bone dagger isn't Frail. That's rather important difference to Bone Blade. Also has an extra affinity.

You're actually incorrect. States in the rule-book that a survivor is still considered the monster controller, but that you should move it around each round.

Or i'm just remembering it wrong, but insanity management being unavailable in solo-play sounds weird right? I'm gonna go check right now.

No, basically the trade off is that since you're getting to do everything exactly how you want it, you don't get the extra insanity for attacking yourself

Did you read the back of the book where it talks about campaign variants?

Look it up in the rulebook, it specifically states that the "Monster control tiles moves clockwise to the next player OR survivor at the start of each round"

And no, the "solo" variant specifically states there are no rule changes.

page 226

"MODIFICATIONS TO RIULES: during sthe shsowdown phase, do not use the monster controller tile. no survivors will gain insanity due to monster targeting"

>Mfw it says "No outright rule changes"
>Then immediately states "No insanity for monster controller" on the next line
>The rule about the monster controller (The most specific rule at the back) claims the monster controller moves from survivor to survivor.

Heh. Well. Hmm.

Read the line above though, then read the most specific rule about the monster controller (in the back).

>Monster control tiles moves clockwise to the next player OR survivor at the start of each round
In case you have two or three players, then a player controlling two or three survivors doesn't get to give insanity to any of the ones they control

see

So we are saying we are ignoring the line before and the most specific rule about monster controller?

I've always played without one merely due to the hassle and it feeling more deathy, but genuinely confused now as the book begins with stating that more specific rules overwrite more general ones.

basically, if you've got somebody controlling two survivors, the token goes to a survivor and not the player, so they have to attack a specific one of their survivors to get insanity on that survivor

If you're doing solo play the rules specifically state you don't use the monster controller token and nobody will get insanity when targeted. Why would they write that in the book if they meant for you to ignore it?

Of course you can do whatever you want if you're playing alone, and use it, but the intent is that with a single player always controlling the monster, a reward for targeting yourself instead of a different players survivor isn't required, since you'll always have the monster follow your plan instead of deviating from a battle plan based on self interest

this
Adam Poots' writing can be strange from time to time, but that section was crystal fucking clear as to how shit worked, especially since solo play precedes with telling you that there is only one major change and a few minor optional changes that you can follow.

I really don't know what Chinese bootleg user is reading or if user is even reading the book.

So I just got the core game, feeling very overwhelmed. Mainly for storage management, do dividers not come included? haven't yet dared unpack all the cards and shit yet.

Also had a kek at the declared value, not that I'm angry about avoiding import tax

There are indeed dividers

Did you get it shipped to work?
This doesn't look like residential building.

Are all KD fans this creepy?

Every time you post any address on the internet someone will immediately look for it on Google Earth, this isn't limited to /kdg/ or even Veeky Forums.

I miss when the fans of this game just enjoyed and talked about it instead of half the posts being about "SJWs"

>Not blocking the address

It's like you want some shit to happen.

Haven't seen SJW's mentioned since these threads started up again.

its the 'from' adress. This ain't my first rodeo

that doesn't really happen here, you're thinking the rest of Veeky Forums

If you want culture war posts go to a magic thread. This is downright amicable here.

You are the first person to mention this in roughly two months, I don't know what threads you've been reading.

Fuck me I don't feel like putting all the hands on the phoenix, but that's the next step I think I have to go to.

Magic died in Alara block.

Just do it user, it only takes twelve hours.

Need to put together Screaming Antelope. I keep fighting White Lion and I think I've been going at it too long and I'm kneecapping myself.

New Pheryixa was pretty sweet.

Speaking of this, anyone know why the build.kingdomdeath.com link doesn't work for Screaming Antelope? Everyone else does.

New Phyrexia was autocannibalism.

Because why the fuck would you need a guide for the antelope?

I haven't even pulled out the sprue yet, I don't know what it's like.

I recently got this game, and I've never put miniatures together before. When I saw how small the pieces were and how many of them came in the box, I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it's been surprisingly fun! I guess I've been missing out on an enjoyable hobby up until now. I'm a little apprehensive about painting, but I've got a brother-in-law who's into that and he's offered to give me the crash course. Wish me luck!

Why?

At least with paint you can strip it all off the model without hurting it if you fuck up. Assembly is the true nerve wracking part!

I'm in the same point though. Before it got here, I ordered some practice minis in the same scale to get practice in and realized how much I'd been missing out on something I quite enjoy.

Ganbatte, user-kun.

I like your enthusiasm, user. I'm glad you're enjoying the hobby and game.

Stupid antelope won't stand up

use a folded up index card to hold it up while the glue dries.

Yeah, I let the glue on mine dry overnight, but even after all that, it eventually drooped down. I think I'll end up pinning it to the base.

What are the titty shrimp in the bottom center?

>Anyone know of any chinamans or comrades that have the Watcher?
blackmarketminiatures.su/catalog/kingdom-death/the-watcher

Silver City monsters.

plastic cement , mine stood on it's own within 5 minutes

I just bought 1.5 from the kd:m site, was this a mistake and will I get it delivered anytime soon or will it be some time close to the end of the decade?

It'll be delivered sometime between two weeks and February.

Not that user but thanks for this. I knew about aliexpress and ebay recasters but this is a good resource

Okay, good. When I read the op saying it wasn't coming out until 2020 I got scared. I've been interested in it for a while but I haven't full read up on everything and my girlfriend just went out and ordered me 1.5 for Christmas so I wasn't sure if she got scammed or something.

Fucking newfags , learn to fucking read or a fool and his money will soon be parted anyways. Also the game depends on reading comprehension

Unpacked my 1.5 Core box last week.
God I suck at putting together the mini's - already lopped half a starting survivors head off when I clipped him off the sprue.
The seam-lines are super noticeable on the lion, is there a technique to make them blend better? A few time's I managed to blend it better by adding extra glue.

Anybody got a quick rundown on the must-knows before starting your first game?

It's not reading comprehension its I didn't read it because I wasn't going to buy it and then my girlfriend bought it because she heard me talk about it a handful of times and she wasn't going to do the research because she doesn't care about the game as far as it would potentially make me happy to have it.

Kys for having such a small amount of reading comprehension that you can't understand the content of a fucking post on a Taiwanese tea ceremony forum.

Are there any modifications for the DM variant specifically regarding monster targeting/survivor insanity?

> posts on a Taiwanese tea ceremony forum wondering if his stupid bitch girlfriend got scammed
Yeah reading comprehension asshole , looking shit up a little bit before posting on a Taiwanese tea ceremony forum would go a long ways , now fuck off faggot we don't like your kind around here

t. person who bought kingdom death from 1.5 kickstarter, has played 5 sessions, and wants to seem like a seasoned vet

this has nothing to do with the game outside of some retard who is wondering if it is showing up in 2020 who isn't even in on the kickstarter , do any of you faggots have reading comprehension?

Google.

boardgamegeek.com/thread/1694918/magnetizing-kingdom-death-monster-survivors-primer

fuck off faggot we don't like your kind around here

>boardgamegeek.com/thread/1694918/magnetizing-kingdom-death-monster-survivors-primer
Ok maybe I don't mind the seam lines anymore.

This is insanely off topic but you're crazy if you think it would be easy to comprehend what you're reading on a tea ceremony forum assuming they existed

>sudden deep existential disappointment that I didn't order Lion God simply for the meme value of pic related
What is this feeling

I ordered him for Silver City, so he'll get to sit on my shelf and look pretty for 1.5-2 years while we wait for wave 4.

I thought about it for about six seconds before I decided to sustain my "no dicktails" rule. Gimme body horror that ain't lazy Poots

The massive dick is what turned me off from Honeycomb Weaver. Might still pick her up if that pledge manager opens again since the expansion itself looks fairly promising.

Dicktails ain't lazy, they are Giger-esque and therefore classy.

>when you win the Encounter and King's Curse kicks in.jpg

I'm trying to find anything involving shipping time and everything refers to their kickstarter. Anyone have any idea on how long its going take if I ordered straight from the website on black friday?

>if I ordered straight from the website on black friday?
"Before X-mas. Hopefully."

It depends on where you live. I live in California and my black friday order just came in.

You know, magnetizing really pays off when you invite some friends over to play and then when you start equipping your survivors, pull out armor sets, start putting the gear together and see that look on their faces.

Drew skulleater year we're to fight King's Man. Plan is to get King's Curse onto the inevitable murder victim. Good idea or should we be trying to save the cursed?

It's hella easy. If I recall it's like 7 pieces. The ears are on the sprue, you should be able to find them reasonably easy, and they're the only slight complication.

I'm hoping lol.
Arizona here and I still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation.

He's going to die anyway, just let it go.

Look into pinning. Do pinning, or you'll likely be a sad panda.

I wish there would be sad panda for Kingdom Death.

Where's the previous thread?

Ceased to exist up the Phoenix' anus.

>get Cat's Eye from the tutorial lion
>proceed to minmax every turn sequence
>cut off the paw with a crit before it can proc Grab three fights in a row

>Screaming Antelope AI deck opens with Chow Down
>salvage a Scrap Sword from Debris while it's busy eating
>later it goes for a dash-and-trample on a knocked down survivor but comes up one square short
>and straight into pounce range of our spearman who proceeds to crit twice and bury it in -1 accuracy tokens
I'm starting to wonder if this first settlement is TOO lucky. Disregarding the fact that my survivor dies to Mortal Terror brain trauma every fight, anyway.

Why are all the sprues designed the way they are? Is it just to make the building seem different? Why do they separate parts so small like putting someones foot on a leg? And not for a bunch of other same style models?

I can't remember the specifics but its because the spure needs to be cut at a certain angle for the thing to work in a way that maximizes detail. Some little bits would mess this up so they get their own part.

Is having children a necessity when playing or is it completely optional? Is the game crazy enough that it's possible to have demi-children, children where the spouse isn't human, resulting in different stat bonuses?

You choose a consenting human male and a consenting human female and roll on a table to see if your population goes -2, -1, +0, +1 or +2.

That's literally it.

Its possible to get through the game without any children being born but pretty unlikely to get to the end. Chances are the settlement would get wiped out. It is possible to have special children that partly exist in another world and have special powers, but not partly monster children no.

Winged Ape first

Sunstalker would like a word.

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll have to wait either way till it's restocked.