Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Not sharing Chapter Approved edition

Fill in the survey, ask GW for Primaris Rhinos
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>preorder the blood angels codex, or don't
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/02/red-thirst-returns-tabletop/

>Stratagems and shit in Blood Angels codex, good shit here
frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/02/codex-review-blood-angels-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-psychic-powers/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=HI47d9KDifs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

www21.zippyshare.com/v/drkPLYvW/file.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1ABYqBh5BB8slTZkHSxgAH9n8tbpfHQbnxvWfJyZMeYA/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Lord Felthius.

First for ghost warriors epub

Third for the Dark Eldar! Long live Duke Sliscus!

>No Ynnari in that list

What did GW mean by this?

www21.zippyshare.com/v/drkPLYvW/file.html

GHOST WARRIOR EPUB

Nth for blood angels scavenger serfs

Heh it's like filth

T'au need some slight buffs

nth for best angels

Sliscus dead nigga and I weep for him every day

and pdf

best successor chapter

Go to bed Seth

>i will never be able to settle on which army to collect

Make Grey Knights great again!

If they dont want to make us competetive, at least they can make us fluffy again!
Give us back the old Demonhunter special rules, like "The Shrouding" and "True Grit"!
Make our Vehicles cast psychic powers!

MAKE GREY KNIGHTS GREAR AGAIN.

That Eldar soup isn't actually a faction.

Did GW do false advertising on their spray cans? The Mechanicus Standard Grey can doesn't match the pot.

Hey /40kg/, Campaign user here with a big update.

First off, I updated my rule system a bunch to account for the first six weeks of the campaign, plus Chapter Approved coming out - new rules here. docs.google.com/document/d/1ABYqBh5BB8slTZkHSxgAH9n8tbpfHQbnxvWfJyZMeYA/edit?usp=sharing

Second, my campaign is going well for everyone but me. My team got eliminated - tyranids ate our supreme command detachment after taking away one of our cities.

Pic is map 1/3

Interestingly, Orange Team(Chaos Team 1) is finally starting to march on White Team(Eldar). Black Team(Nids) have defeated Imperium Team 1(Green, used to be on that center continent) and are now taking the spaceport so that they can spread to other planets.

Nth for painting and playing chapter/legion you don't enjoy because your inner self won't let you settle for mediocrity.

On Viridian, Chaos Team 2 has forced Imperium Team 2 into a headlong retreat - but the jaws of the trap are closing, and only time will tell if the wicked Aeldari will let the Imperium's warriors use their spaceport to flee.

Anybody got an epub/pdf of chapter approved they want to share?

The only bright spot of news is a crushing victory on Chione, which has let Imperium Team 2 (red) turn back the Chaos forces - they may yet rule that frigid world

>not painting your own awesome color scheme and getting to choose your tactics as a side dish
Fucking pleb.

Cheater. Non-leguon players must use Renegades, just like successor Dark Angels can't use special characters.

Always bet on Orks

>some anonymous poster on a Taiwanese cum gurgling forum shits out better campaign rules than GW prints up in CA
Stay disappointing, GW.

>not just fucking starting with one of th armies you like, and then adding on the second army like a year or so later.
Get on it user.
No complaining allowed.

To quote a friend of mine

weakness disgusts me

Why?

Is there any info how blade of hydra is supposed to look? I want to give it to my lord pernamently.

The only true greatness is winning with the shitty faction you love.

He's using alpha legion rules so he's playing alpha legion.

There's no rule qualifying what legions look like nor appearances mattering for legion picks

They were originally adapted from the rules in the WW2 game Ostfront, used for a Bolt Action campaign, and then adapted for 40k. They've been through a lot of vetting.

Main deal is GW doesn't really want to make complex map campaign rules - they want simple stuff that can be done WITHOUT getting fifteen people to commit their Thursday and Saturday nights for the next three months.

Of course, some of us want exactly that...

That's a very un fun attitude

Special snowflake donutsteel armies look like shit 100% of the time.
>oh btw my red and gold armored dudes are actually alpha legion XDDDDD

Which of these two do you prefer looks-wise?

Who's seen more play in your lgs' DG players?

Cheating scum. I bet you degenerates do conversions too.

Lord of Contagion is better looking and doesn't need conversions to look cool.

Original Typhus looks better than either.

>they want simple stuff that can be done WITHOUT getting fifteen people to commit their Thursday and Saturday nights for the next three months.
I can't imagine why, committing people to play long term games is the lifeblood of D&D. Seems like it would also work for 40k. I would certainly be more interested in playing if I knew that other people were committed to a long term narrative.

Typhus by far, shame his new model is absolutely awful over-designed shit.

Yeah, that's how I play my preheresy thousand sons.

Typhus is great. I like his looks and his rules are cool.

Lord of Contagion with that loadout is 45pts cheaper but he doesn't see much play, people prefer HQs that do more. Cast spells, rerolls etc.

He doesn't do much.

If you're looking to be a hipster though, Veeky Forums really seems to hate the Typhus model so model that with the flies and you'll be a proper hipster.

>right has smokestacks
>right has a proper scythe
>right isn't standing on little precious nurglings what the fuck
>right is in an old school wide pose
>right has fucking rotflies
>right has proper hooves instead of stupid gay shoes
i wonder

Left because everyone got that dude in the battle thing.

You only cheat if you break the rules

Back when I was planning to do Alpha Legion (in say 2005 or something) I was planning to give my Lord a spear of some kind.

Lorewise its just a big arse chainsword. Kind of sad really. It was originally for ceremonial use so maybe find the fanciest one you can and paint it with silver inlay or something.

While that model is FAR better than the current one, I do have to say it's a bit under-designed to the current death guard level, which leans a tad to the over designed.

Those are both comprehensively hideous. Almost any other terminator would be a better replacement.

I like too many of them to choose.

WAIT HOLD ON THE CUNT ON THE RIGHT IS MEANT TO BE TYPHUS WHAT TEH SHIT

Citation needed.

No 53 cheaper point reduction.

Assuming you can't just get Guilliman, would you get devastators with lascannons, or predators and a techmarine?

I know there are only like, three or four different armies to build if you want to win games, but it feels so lame to just have conscripts and devastators.

Correct, and the rules tell you that all non-legion CSM forces use the Renegades rules.

I like it, the wooden and metal elements blend well together to create a unique look. The armor looks pretty nice too. Just a solid design here.

?

100pts base with CA.

30 pts for weapon is 130pts.

175 (Typhus) - 130 (Lord of Contagion) = 45.

Alternatively, 175 - 117 (LoC with Manreaper) = 58.

I like my own one desu. Also a flat 50/50 split, but that's because its only me and one other Death Guard Player in my local club. (I run exclusively LoC (because I don't have Typhus) and he runs exclusively typhus)

How are you supposed to use dreadnoughts? 6" is abysmal on an assault unit.

Where does it say that?

can't wait to order a couple of these when they drop

the cutest little engines that could

My daemon prince ended up costing the same as my terminator sorcerer...

What makes a sorcerer so special he costs almost as much as a prince? Or should I just ditch him for the daemon?

Is there a pic with all the factions and sub factions symbols, divided in a comprehensive way?

Oh 58

He's playing alpha legion. So he's using alpha legion rules

>finally gets what he wants
>still shits up the thread with it
Go take you're shitty book with it's mary sue MC and you fuck yourself

I put one inside my gun line to counter charge any deepstrikers.

That sounds dope as fuck. Just getting into 40k and painting my Nids right now.

2+ and 4++

Deliver with stormraven or drop pod

Proxy them for a couple games and save yourself from future disappointment.

they ded

First shitty drawfags, now homebrewers.
40kg was once a bastion of enlightment and now... no more.

Alright Veeky Forums, question time; I play Admech. Should I get another Start Collecting, or get a Knight? I'm also open to other suggestions.

What do these guys smell like?

This

Proxies don't have cute little paws and munchy teeth and one big eye, though.

wut

What makes them fail for you?

>post something so beganons stop begging
>people get mad
do you preffer more begging?

Worse than corpses covered in shit and maggots.

Good unit too. Almost too good...it feels like they made it to plug all the holes that the army lacks overall in 1 unit:

>Its fast
>It provides cover for our footsloggers
>It has Anti Tank
>It has Crowd Control
>Its really cheap for what it does

Really pushing it heavily...

Every game I've used them in they've pulled their weight (1 on its own doesn't do much though) A squadron of 3 just wrecks face though.

So once I get my start collecting box of admech, should I build the skitarii as vanguards? It seems like they'll be more useful in low point games while I try and get in the groove of the faction

If you only have the start collecting box, a second one would probably be better than a knight. However, you might instead want some infiltrators or some dragoons.

>Why can't they just take their corporate pap and not change or synthesize it in any way?

Keep whining. I'll still be here making homebrew rules that people want.

Who wants a mission type where you have to rescue one of your Characters from an enemy fortress they're being held in? Because that's an idea I've wanted to make for a while now

VANGUARD, Cancer Infantry best Infantry.

Which ones are you currently thinking about and can you explain which parts of them you find attractive to you?

I dont think so, no.

Sasha Grey's cooch

How do you work with the rules when taking multiple ones?

Rangers can sit in the back while you want vanguard if you're moving.

Yankee Candle outlets.

braaaaaaaaaaap

Vanguard are shit.

>assault 3 lasgun
Who fucking cares lmao. Also more expensive.

Rangers are just useful in more situations and generally.

Codex Chaos Spaces Marines. The section with legion rules (duh).

Opinions of Fire Warriors in 8th?

Sorcerer only gets the termie 5++, same as the prince.
Sorcerer gets an extra cast, a melta and deepstrike.

The prince gets strength 8, 2 damage, 8 attacks, 8” move, ws2+, better toughness, more wounds and rerolls 1s aura.

>‘Lord Ashterioth,’ Sileria says. ‘There is something you should see.’
>I look at her, mortally weary of existence, and I say, ‘I am already looking at you.’