>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>Previous Thread(s):

Reminder that all the addresses should be delivered ti'll monday, or something, so keep it chill.

posting again for criticism/feedback on sword sculpting

Repostan cause new thread.
Any ideas how to represent blade of hydra on my lord?

Finished the HQ/Psyker for my small Chaos Cult. Just need to build the daemon they worship now.

>I really should've cleaned up the pasta edition
would be good too.

What silicon tools do you use?

I use a small Royal sovereign flat chisel clay shaper, extra firm. that's my main sculpting tool.
I used to use a round point shaper but stopped in favour of a sharp pointed dental tool to add harsh lines/points.

A quick cut out to test the idea.
What do you guys think?

Sadly i have no idea even where to start for these models.

>It's behind me isn't it

Honestly paper cutouts could work and could very well be how the things look in universe.

I like the idea since i adore madoka personally but unless you sculpt them all by hand, what said might be the best solution. Maybe glue them to some cardboard and laminate to make them sturdier?

I like the bongstick, even if it makes no sense

Never bothered to share my Lord of Contagion as I've been busy with exams.

Who needs sense when you have a massive bellend am I right?

>Where we are going we dont need dimensions to kill

Not the guy who sculpts but I got these for a fiver at Michael's and they're pretty useful for plasticine. Not super firm, but they do the job for the most part.

That makes sense , atleast for the minions and some witches.
But some like walpurgisnacht and kriemhild gretchen definetly has 3 dimensions (at least 3)

Thanks for the suggestion though. It wont looks bad on table anyways until i can sculpt them.
Some like the ice-cream butterfly moustache thing should not be too hard.
But others like Oktavia will be an incredible challange.
But i think i will take that challange ..someday.
They will be the perfect tzeentch daemon army.

>Sergeant Merrick's last known pict record
>colorised

An update on the lightening of my purple.

Reminds me of the bell keepers covenant from DS2

>Hah hah hah, ooh hoo hoo!
>You wish to guard the bell, you do?
>For the Princess, and Prince? Forever, for true?

How do I sign up for secret Santa this year?

Late is the hour in which this user chooses to appear. Slowpoke i name him.

Hold your breath for Round Two (which might not be happening, I've heard only one mention of it) or invent a time machine to send emails before Dec. 1st.

Deadline was the end of November. There was a mention of a second wave though, might want to keep an ear out for that, only Santa-user would know, though.

what are the guardsmen made of?

Plastic and some resin i suppose.

Reposting my horse dude.

I've made about 18 now (2 to go). Mostly Genestealer Neophytes with some chaos cultist legs, torsos or heads in there, as well as some FW renegedae torsos and Anvil industry shotguns and torsos.

reposting question: is GW Hard Plastic safe in Simple Clean overnight?

yes.ive left it for days in undiluted concentrate

Ah well, i completely forgot this year. Works been keeping me busy. Oh well.

sweet thanks

Yep, I've had it soak for 4 days and it came out fine

Quick addition to my command Chimera. Was more of a pain in the ass than I thought it would be.

My Sentinel's aerials have snapped straight away and I don't like the Chimera's chances, what measurement of brass rod is best for aerials and where I should get them from?

honestly? I'd recommend just getting some 1/32 rods at a craft store and cutting them yourself

Just heat a needle by holding it by the pincers than jam it in the antenna array.

@ the user who made the colorful ass plaguebearers You have inspired me to repaint my slaanesh daemons in a similar fashion. could you (or any other user) recommend any other color combinations you would do in a similar fashion but for Daemonettes? Also I think i'm gonna skip your suggestion on the yellow wash as they don't have any brusing on them.

Finally finished my second Inceptor. Just need to finish the Sergeant now. Not sure what extra I want to add to him though, maybe some ribbons off the jump pack?

isn't Slaanesh usually pinks and purples?

usually, which is why I like super bright different looking colors.

That's Velstadt's motherfucking Sacred Chime! You should give him a little bell helmet too, I bet it would look gnarly!

I always thought bright yellow daemonettes would look good, and also be pretty fluffy.

For Lamenters? Why not rob some interesting bitz from a Blood Angels Tactical Squad, Death Company, or Terminator Squad box - things like dangling vials of blood, draped cloth, stuff with scrolls on it?

Yeah I knew I had seen that somewhere before....Think I might add one to my GF's Deathguard now, considering I have 2 lords of contagion laying around.

Well I'm gonna be following that guide mainly but I'll see if I can work some yellow chickas into the bunch.

Had a moderately productive weekend, stuck in a rut on my stealthsuits but I'm pleased with how these drones are coming along.

Finishing up the skin highlights for my ork army, it's taking a while.

ive got like 75 of these boyz to go through

Spooky green. Are they spookie bois?

Like zoinks scoob
Ghost orks!

I'm trying a hatching thing where i highlight across the muscles to try and make their shape visible

Yeah, the armies name is Morks ghosts. It's a vietnam theme with US army camo so I went with a toothpaste green to almost white to offset it. They'll look less like actual ghosts once i have something other than skin done.

That's neat. Where'd you get the idea to do hatching highlights? I really like the colors.

Just imagining the sound of that hitting someone is so satisfying.

Here's what I'm working on. I have the easy to build dudes so I'm gonna paint them all up differently just for fun (since I don't play, just in it for the hobby). This guy is a very (ugly) lovely orange. Going to the FLGS sometime this week for Secret Santa goodies so that'll be fun too if I can keep myself from spending too much.

I've seen it done a few times before, but mostly it was just that i had no idea how to highlight the orks muscles. Theres just no clear lines to follow

Need solid color background

The perfect green gold...

Fuck me, I was trying to find some sneak peeks into the up coming Blood Angel 8th codex and I find this.

Here I thought I got the heraldry of the Lamenter's right and now they seemed to of added coloured company markings. Looks like I am going to have to paint some of my guys again to match this. Hope they at least dedicate a page or two on how to paint all successor chapters heraldry.

Also Lamenter Primaris fucking confirmed.

>Hope they at least dedicate a page or two on how to paint all successor chapters heraldry.

Keep in mind that not all successor chapters follow the parent chapter's lead. This is especially true with the Blood Angel successors the Lamenters, who actually look more like codex chapters than Blood Angels. There is a line in 2nd Edition's Angels of Death - before Lamenters were retconned to be Blood Angels successors - that no other chapter (other than the five successors specifically named: Angels Vermilion, Flesh Tearers, Blood Drinkers, Angels Sanguine, and Angels Encarmine) has claimed they had Blood Angels geneseed in their lineage... perhaps by following codex markings, a chapter might be able to avoid inquisitorial scrutiny ...

If you go by the illustrations shown in the 7th Edition codex, though, both the Blood Drinkers and Angels Sanguine also sport codex markings. Curiously, the Carmine Blades do not, even though their fluff states they were renamed (formerly the Swords of Haldroth) when Astorath the Grim discovered they had been hiding their secret.

tfw you will never have the perfect green gold

Well Lamenters are included in the 8th edition Blood Angels codex it seems. And judging by the pic I posted it seems they (at least the primaris marines) are following codex heraldry shocker.

Green is the company colours for the Ultramarines, so I only assume they go by that same scheme for their own companys. What I would really like to see in the codex is if they finally give the details if their are any special markings for sergeants and such.

Anyone know if Minotaurs are getting any Stratagem?

This is what I thought of when I saw your conversion. Love it!

I just bought the Tau battle force, honestly the drones are the part I'm least looking forward to.

Well painted though, my man.

Anyone have suggestions for alternatives to GW's ugly ass flying bases? Is sticking a black rod up the model's ass the only real option?

Don't think they are.

>Constantly beat the shit out of other chapters
>big A goes head to head with a fucking necron lord
>gets blasted into space
>still too fucking angry to die
>not once mentioned in a codex
I understand Moloc's anger and paranoia now

Hmmm, I'm enjoying them a lot more than my stealth suits. They're just so quick to do and turn out smooth. Stealth suits on the other hand bug me because the older sculpts have terrible gaps and less detail for shading. I figure the best way to replace the bases would be to use the clear rod but just stick it into a hole drilled in a normal base. I figure that would look alright if you did a little terrain to hide the joint. Otherwise a bit or wire? not sure...

My recipe using the Artificer tint set user... May this knowledge be well used in your hands as you also gain the perfect green gold...

>Tfw GW won't fucking release a pale green gold and I have to fucking make one myself.

There are cheaper companies to buy paint from that make metallic mediums you can add to paints.

And do you *really* want GW to increase the size of their line? For the cost of buying the complete GW line right now, you could instead get All of Army Painter, all of Scale75, and all of Vallejo's Model and Game Color lines.

They don't get a lot of love or attention as they have a pretty boring paint scheme for the most part and act mostly as the High Lords of Terra lapdogs. They just don't have a lot special going on with them lore wise other than beating up other space marine chapters.

That's pretty cool, I didn't realize they even made a tint set.

It was released last year as a one off set at Christmas. I saw it available still at my local GW and picked it up. My months of struggling, trying to obtain this color, now I've done it....The perfect green gold...

I like the whole Greek thing, the bronze is way better than their old one, but they feel kinda... I dunno, fucking random. Could be way more fleshed out fluff and crunchwise.
>tfw making most of my guys wear Greek helmets instead of normal ones and my Termies use spears instead of thunder hammers

what colour have you obtained again?

Yeah, rod seems like the only real answer.

I just finsihed building one unit of suits, they weren't that bad. What gaps were you finding?

Also, for the shading complaint, that's kind of universal to Tau, they have a lot of clean, flat armor panels. If you wanted some more shaded areas you best bet would be to do some battle damage with your hobby tools. Just be careful not to go overboard with it.

I started working on the other two Psy-engines. The brain jars are taped up for when I prime them.

Work also progresses on the first one and the monster.

Why is the sword backwards, also your primer is p fuzzy there friendo

this thing gets cooler and cooler with every pic and you are brainanon too? wew lad

Neat. What are you planning on painting with it?

It's supposed to look like pic related, the primer isn't as bad as it looks, it's just zenith shading and shitty lighting/2MP camera

I love what you did with the gun, way to use terrain to make a kit look badass

Sword doesn't look bad, just a little lumpy. But idk if that's the lighting or not.

Thanks man. I just love doing crazy conversions. The Mechanicus allows for some cool ideas. I've got plans for an Arkonaut Ironclad in the future, and maybe a Dreadknight.

no it is pretty lumpy, I greenstuffed the back, I got a diamond grit file I'm gonna use later tonight to try to make it look better. Do you know any tricks to making a sword look like hammered bronze?
did you sculpt the gun tip?

That's some sexy linework, xenos scum.

No, the tip was from some third party terrain, I think it was one of those Platformer kits? I'm not sure which one.

All I can think of is using a hobby knife to chip off tiny sections of it.

that might actually be crazy enough to work. Here's hoping the Greek chapter comes to fruition
oh noice, it still looks fucking awesome

Mordheim chaos marauders. Mix of avatars of war and gw.

nice work tho

lookin sweet so far! cant wait to see what they look like all painted up!

I have two sets from amazon for greenstuff and they're far too soft, I have to really mash them in, and smoothing- forget it.

start over
make blade thinner and better
sand
wash
then a thinest layer of milliput and a ball tip for hammering

you did make the blade and then attach right? a silicon craft mat is great for working thin stuff, but it still needs to be wet for working if you're pulling, however you can leave greenstuff to dry on it no problem, peels right off. I'd literally make 4-6 swords on a mat then let them dry and pick the best.

Hey, I'm trying to add a glow in the dark effect to some acid bases I'm making. Would you suggest glow in the dark paint before nurgles rot or after, and would you suggest it in the center of the puddle or toward the edges.

that's actually a better idea, I did none of that. I'm pretty new to trying out sculpting, so that's some great advice. Anything else I should know before I try again?

Kind of looks like a tachicoma from GitS. Shaping up really well

I planned to get a lot done this weekend.
I pained a single drone and a recon marker.

Looks nice. Is the weathering done by sponding?

Yeah, same sponging technique from Duncans ghostkeel video. I had my doubts, but it's really working out