/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhound Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.comq/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previously, on /wfg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M
fanfiction.net/s/12747626/1/Wolves-of-Ulric-Darkness-of-the-Drakwald
i.imgur.com/fZoxFvg.jpg
i.imgur.com/ceQR3ju.jpg
i.imgur.com/giMamge.jpg
i.imgur.com/K7nOmdg.jpg
i.imgur.com/geAI1MV.jpg
i.imgur.com/wkSYxql.jpg
i.imgur.com/rsjZ1Pg.jpg
i.imgur.com/fnQSGcu.jpg
i.imgur.com/YcC1nCx.jpg
i.imgur.com/lqR48CA.jpg
i.imgur.com/YqtXgeU.jpg
i.imgur.com/Pp5vvH7.jpg
i.imgur.com/YhAkqBm.jpg
i.imgur.com/ipLBGNi.jpg
i.imgur.com/puLv7Nc.jpg
i.imgur.com/Xd6qCkC.jpg
i.imgur.com/eNyMD3d.jpg
i.imgur.com/4sjQ1qz.jpg
i.imgur.com/neq2qXc.jpg
i.imgur.com/sZSncIp.jpg
i.imgur.com/GX6zCED.jpg
i.imgur.com/T5pLFgY.jpg
i.imgur.com/UO0PIy5.jpg
i.imgur.com/Q9Zkpmb.jpg
i.imgur.com/oDpfFgP.jpg
i.imgur.com/SEbrPQx.jpg
i.imgur.com/xwId4uF.jpg
i.imgur.com/bEcRL8J.jpg
i.imgur.com/SbOBVqN.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any one got good WH Fantasy novel recommendations?

Warrior Priest is pretty good, as is the Brunner omnibus

So what are some neat little bits and touches that you guys think add to the tone of feel of the setting?

Penitents on the roads
Skulls
A tree outside a town with mutants nailed to it saying, "THE FRUITS OF CHAOS" painted on it.
Roadwardens
Ravens acting like vultures and eating corpses

I have a loosely related question: Does anyone play earlier editions of 40k? I assume that if such a thing is done at all it'll be done by some people in this thread.

i am planing on playing some 5th ed because i have all the books and wanted to have a go at the campaigns

Anything earlier than 2009 is good.

Similar with End Times 40k took a big nosedive around that time, and as of late it's become Age of Sigmar in Space.

The Gotrek & Felix books any good?

Everything by the first two authors is pretty decent, though the 'divorce phase' for Ulrika and Felix is excruciatingly annoying. Someone here joked that the author must have been going through a bad breakup.

I liked them, but I felt they went downhill after the author switched from William King to the other guy.

In what way? Stuff to use in an rpg or parts of the background?

I like the fact that Solland and Drakwald don't exist as provinces. That feels historical.
A shit writer would say 'sigmar united the twelve tribes and each got a runefang and today there are twelve provinces, one for each tribe'. And actually some writers kind of pushed that.
But having some of them be destroyed or splitting and going independent (Marienburg) or just straight up losing territory (Talabecland/Ostermark and Ostland used to extend into what is now Kislev), that feels like its a living world and not an artificial creation.

Strange noises in the night, whether in a city or the woods
People go missing all the time, it's to the point where posters don't go up.
In rural areas, strange religious beliefs and ceremonies.
Every once in a while a coaching inn or small settlement the party has been to before dissapears, either wrecked by raiders or reclaimed by the woods.

I have achieved Vermintide in 88 turns.

Kill me now.

The details about architecture and what you can find in the world - road signs, wells, shrines, statues.

The variety of jobs and roles that people in the Old World can have, within the Empire or beyond its borders - it's very historically focused, but that makes it feel grounded, and gives attention to a lot of jobs that are handwaved in other fantasy settings, as well as just the sheer variety of people that you could meet travelling on the road or walking down the street - there's even just enough room for some other races to show up, even if not near as often as some D&D-style setting.

The small differences in culture between provinces and dukedoms, as well as shifts in religious worship or relations with neighbors.

The fact that each faction has a pretty obvious overall theme in terms of design. The distinctions are blurry, but generally you can tell what is good or bad, well trained or frenzied mobs.

hey user, Death and Dishonour and Tales of the old world are both filled to the brim with short stories that fit the thematic.
Death and Dishonour is better imo but both are certainly comfy reading.

youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M

Does anyone find it weird the losers of the setting, like the Brets and Beasties, got the most love and attention in Total War Warhammer? Slap in the face to Chaos Warrior fans.

Get off the internet, Matt Ward

when i click screaming bell in the shop it shows plague furnace. does the kit make both? can you build a screaming bell from the start collecting set?

>Brets and Beasties, got the most love and attention in Total War Warhammer
>not VC
Also
>played Lothern in Mortal Empires
>Archaon was killed by tree Hitler without any of my army near because I was too busy with spamming Chaos stacks and Malekith

>This multi-part plastic box set contains fifty-four components with which to make one Skaven Screaming Bell or Plague Furnace, and includes one Citadel 120mm Oval base.

In one of my play throughs, Archaeon died to Kislev.
Twice.

>Appealing to about 1 percent of the playerbase, the least popular army fans, and doing disservice to the true villains of the setting.
How can someone defend this?

I feel like Paul Dainton is weirdly underappreciated for how prevelant his art is. He's not considered one of the faces of the setting like Blanche or Smith.
His chaos warriors are my absolute favorite. Perfectly captures the barbarian hell knight tone.

why bait? game 3 is the demons game, expect more edgy shit then. Paint your models for now you fag/
onto topic though anyone know the best 3rd party direwolves?

these are my favourite I've found but holy shit so expensive

Quite frankly as a biased Bret fan, I feel that the Brets aren't really getting enough love in Total Warhammer.

Sure they're getting three playable factions and a freeLC, but some elements of their faction just come off as shoddy compared to the love and care that obviously went into the Empire or the Vampire Counts. Sure, you work with what you got, but there was a lot more than what CA slapped on - their intro cinematic even was just their trailer. The Norscans got better.

>Got an extensive rooster upgrade, and the best campaign mechanics in the game
Don't fucking complain.

I don't play anymore, but I do remember in my Empire playthrough Kislev's last province basically became Leningrad. About a dozen Chaos stacks tried to take it, failed each time, and kept the city encircled. Land was almsot to 100% corruption when I came in, broke the siege, replenished the land.

Fitting because in the non-shitty Fantasy timeline Kislev lost to Archaon & friends but gave him a royal bitchslapping every step he took.

Alex Boyd too.

Warhammer really had some phenomenal artists.
And art direction too. Kopinski, Dainton and Boyd in particular seem to gel into a cohesive whole.

He fought his way through, the city of kislev did not fall. Praag and Erengrad did, tho.

Did you miss an island off the Norsca coast?

So some people we're interested in some Warhammer fics a few threads back when I brought up one I was starting to write. Here the first chapter, if anyone's interested.

fanfiction.net/s/12747626/1/Wolves-of-Ulric-Darkness-of-the-Drakwald

No one likes you fags or your gay ass shadow the hedgehog faction.

Praag was bypassed in the Storm of Chaos timeline, Erengrad was sacked but at staggering cost to Chaos. Kislev they didn't even make any serious attempts to take. The last attempt was during the Great War, during which Asavar Kul never broke through the walls and died like a bitch.

8e army tiers?

>extensive rooster update
They shifted things around for game mechanics and game balance, and added like one new unit and a few cool Regiments of Reknown. I wouldn't call that an extensive roster upgrade. They didn't even put as much care into how the units looked compared to other factions - most Bret units have like two variations on armor and clothing instead of the usual three, and even the third faces usually get kinda rare. The garish Men-at-Arms robes look awful.

>best campaign mechanics
Okay yeah you've got a good point. But it means all the campaigns end up similar: take over Bretonnia, a bit of the northern Empire or Estalia depending on location, head north or south and kick ass, go to 'nam in Athel Loren. Cool, but it will never feel as varied as the Empire campaign, or how with Orcs you can focus on the north or south. You can't even declare war on a Bret faction without taking a hit, and sometimes I just want to loot shit.

Nah, for some reason they didn't put a settlement on not-Britain. It's annoying.

The Malus Darkblade series

Ummm...no. They were given all the units they we're missing from the original tabletop (Questing Knights, Knight Errants, Battle Pilgrims, and the Grail Requile) alongside the three new units (Squires, Hippgrith Knights, and the Peasent Mob) Besides the addition of these seven new units, they add a ton of variants, a new lord options, three unqiue legendary lords, buffed knights, and a legendary hero.

That's a ton of shit (and roughly the equivalent of getting an updated edition), and complaining about that just seems selfish.

Beggars cant be choosers, and for a FLC, Creative Assembly did by Bret fans rights. Anyone saying otherwise is just kidding themselves.

>Ravens acting like vultures and eating corpses
Ravens acting like ravens eating corpses

Ward's favorite armies are the elves.

I admire your autism in painting the whole map red. I'll probably wait until they patch the game and release a few DLC's before I try my hand at the grand campaign.

Do random wandering armies show up in the ME campaign as well?

>best campaign mechanics in the game
its trash

yes

Going to be playing against Skaven soon with my Ogres and i'm looking for a few pointers.
I plan using the following for Lords & Heroes
>Slaughtermaster lv.4 - Fencers & armour of destiny
>Bruiser - Dragonhide banner
>Firebelly lv.2 - hellheart
>Firebelly lv.2 - dispel scroll
In Rare I'm bringing
>Cannon of the Sky titans
>Thundertusk
Not sure how to fill troops and specials exactly yet, but i'm probably also fielding a couple of sabretusks and mournfang cav.

Basically i need any tips and tricks to use against skaven, and especially how to take down a screaming bell/plague furnace, since i'm fairly sure my opponent is bringing one.

>in my Empire playthrough Kislev's last province basically became Leningrad. About a dozen Chaos stacks tried to take it, failed each time, and kept the city encircled.
I'm who you were responding to and that's pretty much exactly how mine went, and I was playing Empire and trading healthily with Kislev.
Kislev also allied with the northern dwarfs, giving them some extra help pushing back those Chaos incursions.
Which really took a load off me because I had all my armies down South beating back Waaaagh! after Waaaagh!

It contains both, and you get both Heroes.

One tip: do not glue the heroes on the models, rather, base them separately. That way, you get a Bell/Furnace, + 1 seer and 1 plague priest (and either a Rogre or a Plague Monk filler)

This is why I will always depend the 100 types of Goblins in Warhammer.

Do we need models for them all? No. But having them there just adds depth to the setting, if humans and elves are different around the globe so should all the other races.

So keep Hob-goblins, keep forest Goblins and cave Goblins et al.

He died like Archaon lived.

I haven't played ogres before, but as a skaven player, alot of thier strength relies on their war machines and magic. Warplightning cannons are crazy good, warp fire, and globes all don't care about slaves. They will generally throw large tarpits at you, and with skaven having the consistency of a Capri sun pouch, take anything for multiple attacks to melt them quick, since it'll likely be 40+ models. Use fire on abominations, or it will haunt you all game.
Screaming bell is tough but if he's stupid and dosnt bring alot to push it, it will actually lose the ability to move after it falls below a certain threshold. Not sure if you got range, but welves made me realize I need more for the bell.
Also slaves can get poison slings. Get your cav on them quick if they do. Statistics dictate that the billion slaves with poison can be effective.

Is Archaon the vaguest villain in history? I read snippets of his fluff but cannot pinpoint what exactly he wants.

Why does he want to end the world?

He's basically butt mad about all gods being chaos, and read a prophesy where he ended the world.

I'm kid of in the same boat as you, but from what I understand, he got reverse psychology from the chaos gods
>lol archaon, I bet you will die trying to get this cursed item, so totally don't do it because your not good enough
>FUCK YOU DAD I'M DOING IT JUST TO PISSED YOU OFF
>archaon, don't be a little faggot and destroy the world, we totally would hate that
>I'M GOING TO DO IT BECAUSE I HATE YOU

Maybe not so crass, but I always took from it that he hates chaos gods for fucking his life up and does it all reluctantly. Anyone have any real information?

He's got his own series of books. You can find them in the pastebin.

He hates the fact his life is a plaything of the gods, so he think it's better for the world to not exist than for it to continually be a game for the world's amusement.

Well you got it mostly right. He hates gods, all of them. Sigmar because he dedicated his life to him before being cast out for being who he is. The rest by proxy i guess. Doesn't like the idea of some higher being telling him what to do. Though how he goes from that to: "imma fuck up the world" considering the gods wanted just that to happen. I read his books a few years ago, and that's all i remember.

He read an ancient prophecy that made him second guess his devotion to Sigmar and chose to become a champion of Chaos instead. Anything more is Black Library and thus not canon.

>Black Library
>One of the two companies given license to create canon besides FW
>not canon

u wot m8

Now this is a story all about how
His life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how he became a Deamon Prince with the Armour of Morkair'.

In western Nordland born and raised
On the playground was where he spent most of his days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of Norscans were up to no good
Started raping women in his neighbourhood
His mother got in one little fight and ended up scared
The prophecy said, "You're having a rape kid by the name of Kastner"

He begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed his suitcase and sent him on his way
She gave him a kiss and then she gave him a ticket.
He followed the Sigmarite Priest and said, "I might as well kick it."

He looked for a sign but it wasn't clear
The Chaos Gods looked fresh and it had gifts like the Eye of Shearer'
If anything he could see that these gifts were rare
But he thought, "Nah, forget it."
– "I'm Archeon not Kastner!"

He pulled up the End Times about 7 or 8
And yelled to the Gods, "Yo home smell ya later."
He looked at the Old World
He was finally there
To sit on his throne as Deamon Prince Kastner.

Nice.

Thoughts on the Naggaroth Map?

Yeah, Dragonslayer was probably the weakest of them all. Far too much of Felix wandering around the mountains bitching about his feeling about Ulrika and not nearly enough Dragonslaying.

There a no space marines. The Chaos Warriors are stronger, bigger and more strong than the humans in every possible way.

However, the humans still persevere. Humanity doesn't give a fuck. Puny humans with WS3 S3 T3 winning against Orks, Chaos Warriors and Beastmen on a regular basis makes them so much more badass.

Not exactly like a bitch. It almost fell in the great war.

So I tried geheimnisnacht, so far I'm slowly trying to reconquer the karaz ankor. One small problem though, my dwarfs don't seems to live up to 200 years, they're either killed in wars or die of illness
Also there's no starting artifacts for the high king ? Not even the big book ?

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. You win or you're nothing.

dumping battle report inc: my first.

This is the map we battled on i.imgur.com/fZoxFvg.jpg

This is the wood elf wanderers warband: i.imgur.com/ceQR3ju.jpg

This is the chaos contingent: i.imgur.com/giMamge.jpg

This is the embattled empire: i.imgur.com/K7nOmdg.jpg

Now for setting the scene: *Von Stroheim was not a patient man, for decades now this self proclaimed marksman turned witch hunter had traversed the empire and it had done little to sate his fervour. Even now he as he made his way towards a sleepy hamlet to the northeast of Middenheim he cursed the beastmen who had butchered his horse days earlier and forced him to traverse so. But he knew at least he neared the destination, the little village came into view at last, abandoned as he knew due to the great battle being fought a scarce half days march between a nameless chaos champion and a combined force of Middenheimers and Kislevites. Such battles though were not his concern. He had tracked down the resting place of a Ludwig Stellwagen who though long passed had trapped a khornite demon into it’s blade. Sealing it beneath the township.

PT1

The seal though would not last. Von Stroheim had acquired information while helping to urge a confession from a suspected chaos cultist many years earlier And at last the track led here; the bindings were now frail and failing, all that was necessary would be to break the rusted blade and the demon would come forth unless Von Stroheim were able to replenish the seals using regents acquired from several orders of the college of magic. Fortunately our Inquisitor had acquired these regents in his travels and thought the resealing would be a simple matter. Thus Von stroheims plan was not to proceed how he intended when unbeknownst to him the great battle had gone poorly for the forces of the empire, they were surrounded and promptly cut to shreds by another hidden force. None would have escaped except for a desperate handful of soldiers led by a demigryph mounted knight. They had broken out of the encirclement and brought grim news to von Stroheim, the battered few had trouble at their heels, a band of chaos warriors had harried them as they fled south west and even now would be upon them shortly. Von Stroheim filled in the warriors on the demon sealed insidethe blade and quickly began his preparations for the ritual of sealing, if the weary warriors could buy him enough time they might yet be able seal the demon and retreat.

Of course, the band of dryads freshly immerged from the primordial worldroots near this village knew nothing of this, cared nothing. They sought to pay a bloody retribution for a mere human who had walked in their forest bringing flame and taking a precious seed many decades earlier and had finally found him after tracking him across half the old world.*

pt3
HOMEBREW/ADAPTED RULES USED Hey so this battle was a regiments of renown gametype 8th edition fantasy battle with a few homebrews to add variance/balance for 3 players. *each player has their own phases, including combat. *the 100points cap for armies still apply, but the rare and special choices were expanded to be up to 65% of your total points(but merged so you couldn’t have over 65% points spent on both rare AND special units) this was done to allow more units just outside the usual 50% margin to be included in regiments of renown as we’ve played it quite a few times already)

*3 way combat:, the attacking player charging into a 2 way combat essentially gives the other 2 contenders another round of combat, as they continue to fight with the 3rd contenders addition. *shooting into a non aligned 2 way combat. Can be done but targets shot are randomised to represent the chaotic swirl of melee GAME MODE: *HOLD THE POINT/COMPLETE THE RITUAL:. This game mode was simple, at the end of a set of turns(all 3 players had went once) the player who had uncontested control of the ancient blade(by virtue of ‘touching it’ was awarded 15 victory points) The third player(to offset the disadvantage of going 3rd in a 3 way game deployed in the middle around and starting with ownership of the objective point to offset the 2 team beatings that were to come) Terrain was deployed piece by piece by each of us until we were satisfied.

pt4: ARMYLISTS

EMPIRE: 100p
PICTURED: i.imgur.com/geAI1MV.jpg
Leader: Von Stroheim: empire marksman -29p
Gear: repeater handgun
Seed of Rebirth(+6 regen)
Enchanted Shield (+2as)
Warrior Bane ( wounded characters lose 1 attack)
Veteran kit: hand crafted ammo (ignore long range penalties)

Demigryph Knight Musician Friedrich hellborg. – 59p
Gear: lance and shield
Veteran Kit: Regimental musician:( warband re-roll failed rout tests while he lives)

Swordsman: nameless mook
Veterans Kit: regimental standard(reroll failed panic tests within 12)

Spearmani: Ended up being a whole lot more heroic than I imagined for a 5p pointsync

CHAOS LIST:
LEADER: Chaos Spawn Mark of Tzeentch(breath wep)
Regimental Kit: hatred

1x chaos warrior sword and shield: mark of nurgle
Regimental kit: regimental musician(warband re-roll failed rout tests while he lives)

1x chaos warrior sword and shield mark of tzeentch
Regimental Kit: spiky knees( Stomp attack)

1xchaos warrior sword and shield mark of nurgle

Wood elf Wanderers:
PICTURE i.imgur.com/ceQR3ju.jpg
Leader: Wild Rider(wild hunter upgrade)
Gear: shield
Luckstone(reroll a single failed armour save)
Veterans Kit: Steel woven cloak(+6as, stacks with existing armour)

1xglade guard veteran
Gear:
Asrai Longbow
Hagbane Arrows
Veterans kit: Hand crafted ammo(no penalty to distance on shooting)

1x Dryad: Strycha
Veterans Kit: regimental musician(rout test reroll)

3x dryads: stock.

TURN ORDER: Chaos, Wood elf, Empire

fuck me formats all over the place, looked better in world

pt5: TURN 1 CHAOS:
Soon they would be upon the last remnant of the foolish mortals. And what better gift to give a the great demon they would free then the skulls of the curs.
i.imgur.com/wkSYxql.jpg
Chaos having not much to do in their merry corner advanced towards the centre

TURN 1 WOOD ELVES:
The scent was hot, Finally the human would suffer for his arrogance and theft, and he would suffer long. The dryads would make sure to leave him on the cusp of death for many moons before ending his life.
i.imgur.com/rsjZ1Pg.jpg
The wood elves magic up a forest between themselves and the tattered empire defensive perimeter and hasten towards it, finding cover.

TURN 1 EMPIRE:
Von Stroheim: “About Face!, a new threat approaches but none can interrupt the sealing; by sigmar hold them!, they will fall!
i.imgur.com/fnQSGcu.jpg

The empire moves to face the threat, Von Stroheim fires off a volley with his repeater which although all 3 shots connect, the spirits of the woods seem surge around the rider leaving him unharmed (one of the shots flumped on toughness, the other 2 shots were +6 ward saved away, truly horrifying)

TURN 2: CHAOS:
Their arrogance to not even face them enrages the chaos warband, sending them hurling towards the rear of the empire blockade.
i.imgur.com/YcC1nCx.jpg
The chaos spawn surges forward with some ludicrous rolls, gaining much ground
i.imgur.com/lqR48CA.jpg

TURN 2 WOOD ELVES:
The horn blows: the wood elves rush as one from the forest: the lone glade guard seeing the noble demigryph as the greatest threat moves to put it down with poisoned arrows: fortunately his unerring accuracy failed and the shot clattered harmlessly against it’s armour
i.imgur.com/YqtXgeU.jpg

pt6
TURN 2 EMPIRE:

Friedrich charges ahead on his demigryph, having seen so many of his companions fall he gives a bestial roar, clearing the distance between them in an instant while Von Stroheim fires off another volley of his repeater rifle: silencing the fey music of the dryads(he blew the dryad musician to bits)
i.imgur.com/Pp5vvH7.jpg
Friedrich’s sheer force hits the malevolent tree spirit and crushes it to tinder, his mighty charge carries him further and into another dryad, transforming it until splinters before his loyal demigryph finally comes to a stop,
i.imgur.com/YhAkqBm.jpg

My leader blew up a dryad and the demigryph knight charged into a dryad, overrunning into another and slaying it as well. What a turn 2! , my leader also has held the objective for 2 turns now, though my luck was going to run low soon.

TURN 3: CHAOS!(keep’s on trucking)

The spawn heedless of any obstacles lopes directly towards the tomb, it’s shattered mind perhaps recognises the demonic presence within, struggling to get free.
It fails to recognise the waters are necrotic in origin though, causing portions of it to dissolve.
i.imgur.com/ipLBGNi.jpg
It didn’t notice.

The chaos spawn took a wound from failing it’s dangerous terrain check but apart from that the status quo didn’t change.
i.imgur.com/puLv7Nc.jpg

pt7
TURN 3 WOOD ELVES:
This was not how it was meant to be, 2 dryad spirits shattered! The wild rider filled with a fury succumbs to his primal instincts and charges into the corner of the demigryph
The lone gladeguard attempts to put an end to the foolish human waving a flag in the distance but fails miserably. Perhaps he should have practiced more in athel Loren before accompanying the warband on this crusade.
i.imgur.com/Xd6qCkC.jpg
In the tumult of battle(read, closing the gap rule) the demigryph strays into the mysterious rivers edge, to the wild riders amusement it glows with unholy power before a great binding is placed upon the demigryph.
He then lands a mighty blow with his spear, piercing the creatures hide and drawing first blood.under his mask the rider smiles, a worthy target of the hunt, Orion would be most pleased when he returned with it’s spoils.
RECAP:
This turn the wild rider failed his frenzy,thus he was forced to charge the demigryph. probably would have charged anyway though
The one lone glade guard continued to be outdone by human ingenuity, failing to wound anything.
The real kicker of this turn was that via closing the gap the demigryph strayed into the river, getting net of amyntoked for his troubles.

TURN 3 EMPIRE: where the bad times begin
Smelling a horrible rot, Von Stroheim turns aboutface and finally discovers that almost upon him, already wading into the banks of the river is a mind melting monstrosity. A mutant of mutants, this spawn of chaos must be destroyed!
Yelling a word of warning he spins and holds down the trigger, attempting to unload his entire fusillade into the beast and drown it in the river it now forded.

The following happens:
i.imgur.com/eNyMD3d.jpg

cntd

>Also there's no starting artifacts for the high king ?
Damn goblin jumble sales...

I like your christmas tree.

Whether by some curse of the dark gods favouring their champion or a fickle tendril of the demon within the sword escaping for a brief tendril the gun does not fire and lies inert in Von Stroheim’s hands.
Swearing he quickly begins cleaning the jam/block and checking the weapon for damage, there would be words with the damned near heretical engineers if he got back to Nuln after this, perhaps fires too.

Meanwhile the Demigryph Knight Friedrich finds himself locked in a deadly duel with the pale green elf, his supernatural speed forcing him on the defensive to protect both him and his noble mount. Fortunately his demigryph has other ideas and manages to peck the steed the elf sits upon, wounding it.
i.imgur.com/4sjQ1qz.jpg

RECAP:
Triple ones is truly a curse, at while my demigryph held the northwest all other forces were desperately trying to move and prevent the spawn(and the chaos warriors behind it) from reaching the Grave, I continue holding the ritual point for now but things are looking grim.
i.imgur.com/geAI1MV.jpg

TURN 4: CHAOS:
Where chaos learns it’s moment of favour has buggered off.

Clearing the river the chaos spawn moves unnaturally, yet almost runs down the spearmani(lets call him hans) positioned between the spawn and the inquisitor. Thanking sigmar out loud hans quickly notices the eye pulsing of the thing almost ontop of him and discretion forms the better part of valour, shouting a warning to von Stroheim and the bannerman he leaps aside as a pure funnel of warp magic flows over the spot he once stood, and directly towards the 2 Hans warned moments earlier
i.imgur.com/neq2qXc.jpg
Von Stroheim braces himself behind his shield when the magic disspitates around the grave marker: some ancient ward flaring to life and saving them. Truly sigmar does lend his might to his cause; he must NOT fail!
i.imgur.com/sZSncIp.jpg

cheers user it's spookmas here

RECAP:
The terrible rolls on the spawns breath weapon failing to wound all 3 of my toughness 3 guys truly was a miracle, almost made up for my triple 1’s earlier. Almost.

TURN 4: WOOD ELVES:
Cursed by rng and poor rolls, the elves once again failed to further wound the demigryph and their lone archer hit a target at last, but was blocked by armour.

TURN 4 EMPIRE
A divine force seemed to lend aid to the humans assailing the wood elf warband, their attacks missed by a handbreadth where blows should have landed while the humans rallied under it’s benelovence, The wild rider’s steed, bleeding heavily from where the demigryph had wounded it finally began to slow. This was the opportunity that Friedrich was looking for, battering aside the elf’s shield he sliced into the things chest, green glowing blood pooring it’s eyes dimmed, then fell from its mount into the river behind it
i.imgur.com/GX6zCED.jpg
Von Stroheim finally having cleared his gun, filed a fusillade directly into the chest of the abomination careening down upon him, as the smoke cleared the great monstrosity stumbled but still stood.
i.imgur.com/sZSncIp.jpg
The ritual of binding was nearing completion, just a little longer and they could leave this forsaken place.

RECAP: wood elves really didn’t have a good time this turn, but von Stroheim continuing to fail to put down the chaos spawn was incredibly scary, especially because the chaos warriors behind it were in range of charging.

TURN 5 CHAOS: wherein we see the desperate last Stand of Hans the spearman: and owner of the largest set of brass balls anywhere in the empire.
Crashing upon the spearman like a wave of putrid rot, the tzeenchian chaos warrior joined the spawn in swiftly putting down this lone unarmoured unshielded nothing, a weakling of the empire.
i.imgur.com/T5pLFgY.jpg
Confusion began to fill his mind as despite both attempts from the monstrosity and the warrior this lone boy with a broken spear, barely more than 30 years it seemed eluded blows from both of them in a flurry of movement, his weapon a blur even to his eyes. What sort of plan could the great changer wanted for this, they were moments away from destroying a great khornate demon. Something that would grand him overwhelming power, the power to ascend from the mortal realm and join chosenkind as a daemonprince.
Why was it this young runt continued to survive!
i.imgur.com/UO0PIy5.jpg
It was then he realised, it was not the runt fighting, he glowed with a golden light as blows became heavier, forced to defend himself he was stunned to realise this was the weakling southerners god intervening, pitiful.

Hans had never felt so alive, he felt courage, he felt duty. But most of all he felt the need to keep these monstrosities from the undefended villages he knew lay between this hamlet and Middenheim, his young wife flashed through his mind and then he saw gold. With a roar unlike a man from this age he brought his broken spear overhead and down upon the chaos spawn, a great boom shook around him and his spear shaft shattered, along with the chaos spawn now cloven fully in twain by his blow.
i.imgur.com/Q9Zkpmb.jpg

continued , almost done then you can all go back to waifupostin

At this moment the acolyte of the changer of ways saw his chance to interrupt this plan, to prevent it from reaching fruition, dropping his weapons he drove his armoured knee into the side of the youth, the spikes upon it puncturing right through him who fell instantly to the ground, han’s had no time for thought, as the chaos warrior followed up by snuffing out his light via his armoured boots.
i.imgur.com/oDpfFgP.jpg

Surely Tzeentch would be pleased with his efforts to destabilise the southerners plans now, he though as he charged into the final obstacle between him and the rusted sword. A black armoured man of the empire carrying a finely wrought weapon
i.imgur.com/oDpfFgP.jpg
This swordsman managed to hold him off with his ensorcelled shield glowing under the repeated hammer blows struck by the chaos warrior,then he faltered and was struck a scathing blow.

Von Stroheim rolled to his feet, his leg was cut badly. Escape as an option was looking further and further away if he didn’t bleed out first. Yelling to the bannerman to light the 8 candles around the gravestone and then the sealing was complete, he limped towards the ensorcelled chaos warrior.
RECAP: oh god what a turn, Hans the spearman survived all of the blows thrown at it by chaos warrior next to the chaos spawn then struck with his one attack on it against all odds killing it, he was then killed by the stomp attack of the veteran chaos warrior(literally called spiky knees, hence the tale to match, the chaos warrior then overran into the last bulwark of defence, von Stroheim himself who despite having the stats of an empire marksman (ws3 s3 t3) he managed to dodge all the blows except for once again that damned stomp landing on him and taking him to 1 wound.

TURN 5 WOOD ELVES: FINALLY GETS SHIT DONE
Where once the witchhunter had spurned the forest, now the cur had slain almost all of their number. Only the glade guard and a lone dryad remained. This would not happen, giving a primal cry the glade guard loosed a shot hitting the human with the banner, the poison quickly did it’s work and his gurgles promptly faded.

Meanwhile the Dryad saw the object of its hate, the back of the cursed witchunter which had burned her grove those few decades ago, without a thought it charged into his rear, uncaring he was fighting a foe. If she could not torture this fool rightfully she would at least deny him his victory. She would kill him then sabotage whatever magics now were being wrought at the sword near her.
i.imgur.com/SEbrPQx.jpg

As she plunged her branches through the back of the next the chaos warrior stabbed him through the front, in an instant Von Stroheim fell lifeless and inert. The dryad had no desire for gratification now, it instinctively attacked the dark warrior infront of it but was outclassed by the sheer strength of the chaos warrior, it’s boughs and branches brushing harmlessly off it’s armour while it was cut to shreds.
i.imgur.com/xwId4uF.jpg

RECAP: wood elves got mean, the archer dropping the bannerman and the death of my beloved Witchhunter left me with just Friedrich left, who would be now taking leadership tests every turn or would rout, putting me out of the game. Things were looking grim unless friedrich pulled off a ridiculously long range charge into the tzeentch combatant now sitting in front of the altar.

TURN 5 EMPIRE: Friedrich’s Fury
Friedrich had seen them all die, again. For the second time in this cursed day all of his companions were slain to a man, the lithe witchunter, the brave bannerman and young hans dead around the grave they so dearly protected, even now the first of the cursed chaos warriors was approaching the sword.
Friedrich charged, for now there was no hope of escaping, with a wildwood and elves now behind him blocking the way for retreat(and warning middenheim of the impending attack) the only way was forward, through this cursed soulless traitor.
He spurred his demigryph on despite it’s wounds to careen across the battlefield, just a little faster to stop that monster from unleashing the seal, and his speed was true but his mount was exhausted, it was bearly a charge that the chaos champion received and he was not much better than his companion, battered from almost a full day of fighting he missed piercing the brute with his lance and instead drew his handweapon, he must stop this fiend before his reinforcements overwhelm him.
i.imgur.com/bEcRL8J.jpg

Recap: this turn was unfortunate, friedrich flumped his charge against the chaos warrior but at least kept him from gaining any objective points by tying him up in combat:.

TURN 6: ENDGAME:
CHAOS:
Seeing their chance, one of the 2 unoccupied chaos warriors marched towards the sword intent to work his magics upon the binding while the other charged into the lone human opposing them, once this chaff was dealt with surely the gods would reward them.
From their combined attacks the knight could not withstand, he took a heavy blow and almost fell from his saddle, righting himself at the last moment but was unable to even scratch the impenetrable defence of these chaos warriors
i.imgur.com/SbOBVqN.jpg

RECAP: well at least friedrich survived, 1 wound left and passed his break test so stayed in combat for another round. At this point chaos have 3 warriors, and welf player and I are taking rout tests every turn due to casualties suffered, welp.

TURN 6 WOOD ELF:
The lone glade guard passes its rout test and fires into the swirling melee, missing everyone
Somethings gotta be said about elven archers at this point.
TURN 6 EMPIRE: HONOUR THE FALLEN:”
Friedrich was mad, mad at fate, mad at the world, but most of all mad at the 2 abominations standing between him and being able to warn the rest of the empire about the oncoming invasion, he had weathered their flurry of blows and began to see patterns, flaws in their attacks so he struck with a joint attack, his demigryph launched itself at the tzeentchian chaos warrior, the slayer of so many of his friends while he himself beheaded the chaos warrior alongside him in a feint, they both fell though the battle was not yet done, he turned to face the last. He would not dishonour these men by letting their sacrifice be in vain, he would complete the ritual then warn middenheim.
He turned to face the remaining chaos warrior.

TURN 7: CHAOS: seeya
He turned and fled, he had seen enough of this tin can aided by his horrendous monster the chaos warrior thought, surely he would find one for himself and become the everchosen through it’s might.

(chaos routed here so gg, packed their bags)

one or 2 more left, forgive my autisms

Thanquol and Boneripper series

TURN 7 WOOD ELVES:
Looking at the scene before him, the lone glade guard felt incredible sadness, the spirits slain, one of Orions own envoys battered into the ground. But the object of their hunt was slayn, he had no business with this chaos slaying knight lest he tread in the woods, then and only then would an arrow find the slits in his visor. As he turned and disappeared into the forest he wondered what the humans and the despoilers were even fighting for in this abandoned hamlet. Truly beyond his comprehension their motives were.

Game was done here as the welf player conceded with just one unit left and being vastly behind in points.All in all it was an amazing battle which really seemed to work well, the

EPILOGUE:
He could barely move beneath his battered armour but friedrich slid down off his demigryph, the danger was gone, however briefly. He noticed that some of the candles were lit and suddenly it struck him, the candles were colour coded to the winds of magic, wherever that witch hunter had acquired them from he would never know but at least he could finish the task so many had died for.
As he lit the 8th candle, the black one he noticed the rusted sword vibrating, then disintegrating into the breeze. He supposed that was it then. After dragging the bodies of his companions into a small storehouse he set it ablaze.content with the knowledge they would be safe from the ministrations of chaos.
Looking into the forest around him friedrich had a long journey ahead to middenheim, he had won this desperate stand in this miniscule part of the world, but the great war loomed ever nearer. He urged his demigryph on and rode into the forest, his form quickly swallowed by the shadows of the great aged oaks.

finished, sorry for the wall of shit laddos, when I was a kid I always loved finding these games workshops before I even knew what warhammer was and reading these fantastic battle report stories, had to do it myself once.

I'm done now though.

I really hate how the books portrayed Archaon and Sigmar.

I've got the same terrain. Shit is great.

I see, they're into the book (once i find it)
also I recaptured black crag and karak eight peaks, and slowly gaining presence in the underworld

There is a book of grudges, it's just not in your characters "inventory".

That was a beautiful battle report i loved every bit of it.

Good stuff, man. Good pictures and descriptions, hope you do another soon.

Where did you guys get it?

my man, I've ended up using cardboard slits on the interiors to give them more strength, looking at your collection I'll have to make more
davegraffam models papercraft. should be in the pastebin under resources user.
print them on cardstock and make them with glue
at least you don't have to paint them or pay 200,00000

cheers anons, it was this style of battle reports that really blew my mind reading gw as a child, only took 5 hours too(longer than the game itself which is somewhat entertaining) sadly I did suffer from overuse of commas at the end.

I found it quickly, but it's a bit... empty for something supposed to recount every major grudge against the dwarfs

Dainton is by far my favourite out of the artists. He painted pic related didn't he?

Found it strange as well, but you can still get your grudges getting in and also do some grudge wars against greensnkins. Though taking over the holds is actually what you want to do.

Such a shame the Dwarfs invented liquid paper...

What strange beastman is drumming these drums?

A clockwork man-with-bear-head. Not a beastman at all.