Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sad truths edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for more space marines
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>GW still don't know what "new" means
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/03/coming-soon-hunt-begins-anew/

>Stratagems and shit in Blood Angels codex, good shit here
frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/02/codex-review-blood-angels-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-psychic-powers/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=HI47d9KDifs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Angry bois

new zerkers when

With 36" guns you wont really need to be moving them. and 80 points of infantry to make the rest of your army that shoot at that unit bs3+ isnt that bad of a trade off.

Alrighty boys. Just read through CA, and have made some adjustments to my list for Tsons.

Battalion
-HQ
Ahriman
--Warptime, WoF, Deathhex
DP w/ Wings
--Talons, Diabolic Strength

-Troops
Rubric Marines (10)
--Soulreaper Cannon
Rubric Marines (10)
--Soulreaper Cannon
Tzaangors (20)
--Tzaangor Blades

Vanguard
-HQ
Termi Sorc
--Combibolter/Forcestave, infernal Gaze, Prescience

-Elites
Scarab Termies
--Hallfyre Missile Rack, Soulreaper Cannon
Scarab Termies
--Hallfyre Missile Rack, Soulreaper Cannon
Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought
--Butcher Cannon, Soulburner, Hellforged Chainclaw
Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought
--Butcher Cannon, Soulburner, Hellforged Chainclaw
1991/2000pts
Thoughts? If I need more Antitank I figured I'd swap out the Butcher Cannons for a Multimeltas.

5th for the only legion that matters in 8th edition.

>>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
One last plug before I hit the hay, for visibility.

Hey there fellas, titular autist here. Just finished a sheet charting the damage output of all the offensive psychic powers in the game as of the BA codex, including conditions, bonuses and warp charge factor. Enjoy.

Cut terminators and contemptors. Take transports for your rubrics. Take Alpha Legion detachment for obliterators.
As is, your list would fold HARD to any guard army.

Does anybody use Eldar support weapons? Are they useful? My eldar list needs more anti-infantry firepower and I'm not sure if I can get swooping hawks that aren't fail-cast

Shining Spears are point for point your best answer for hordes - especially MSU Spears to charge more than 1 unit.

>*blocks your path*

>heer
>nazi
what are you doing son

Has anyone used Battlefoam's pluck foam? How is it? I've got an old P.A.C.K. 432 that I never got inserts for, and I can't decide if I want to bother with tracing custom trays or just going at it with pluck foam.

Thanks user. Its really nice to actually get a calculation on why Fire warriors seem to be so bad compared to other BS4+ troops.

I don't want to use Shining spears

Oh sure armed forces of Nazi Germany were not nazis themselves.

Hammer time!

How about 20 Guardians in the webway with 2 shruiken cannons?

Is it true were getting a space wolves codex soon?

I'm about to pick up a Celestine, and I'm wondering if it makes sense to paint her in my army's colors from a fluff perspective. She's obviously not really associated with them in particular, but then again she's a magical creature that appears on whatever battlefield she's needed on. It seems like it's possible that she could just pop up wearing the clothes of whoever she's fighting alongside at the moment.

not interesting

comparing everything in the game to frsrf guardsmen or ork boyz is so inane.

No

I've got 720 with a couple pluck foam trays. I feel like pluck foam is pretty good for any rectangular models, like vehicles. If you have a lot of monsters with extra bits everywhere, you may want to get a specialized tray from them or cut your own, but pluck will still do the job.

Is it worth dropping an apothacary out of a pod to support some plasma vets and my 10 man Terminator squad coming in next to them

Have you considered suicide?

Why do those germans look like midgets? Their proportions are fucked.

Just paint her in gold. Fairly easy to do and will fit any army.

Yeah I tried that, I'm not doing it again I almost died.

>as is your shit-tier index list would fold hard to the strongest single codex in the game
No shit.
If you're going to take Contemptors, run dual weapons. I'd probably rather have 2x Conversion Beamer, but 2x Butcher Cannon is alright (why did they not just make these into Hades Autocannons and give the Hades the LD penalty? it's not like Forgefiends and Hadesdrakes couldn't use the buff).

You need some light infantry to screen against Smite/fast assault units/deep strikers. Either get some Horrors or some Cultists. I'd probably drop one set of Scarab Occult to make room for them. Add a Rhino if you've got the points to spare.

Well we can't compare them to marines anymore because they're crap

well thats why they lost ww2

manlets cant fight

A few ShruCannon Vypers?

Have you considered not being a faggot?

Well then, I guess you're shit out of luck mate.

Given the amount of point changes in CA they're likely at the tail end of the release schedule.

Personally I'd rather go for 1 ML on a target and pump more potential damage into them.

Fine ill bite
the German armed force were the german armed forces what the soldier believed was the soldier if the soldier was a commie he was a commie but the SS were the nazis and were the ones who ran the death camps [spoiler some say it was toten kopf who were soley responisble for them but idk or care [/spoiler] so to refer to every german as nazi from that time period is like calling every white man from that period a klansmen or or calling every pole a jew, yes there was a high amount of nazis in the german army but the german army is just an army they do not have and affilation with any ideology

Tactical Marines have been crap for ages. Even in 7E they were just tax to get free Razorbacks.

the tradeoff is that you have 1 better save and 2 better strength on your shooting (wounding anything in the game on a 5+ at most) with better range. Fair increase in abilities for the jump from 4 to 8 points.

wow i fucked up the spoiler bit, nice

I've got missile launchers on mine.
Night spinner is going in, but after that all I can do is lob plasma missiles at everything.

It would be better, those two have paper stats.

He finally listened to Fulgrim and tried prostate massage.

Yeah might be cool. Drop an Ancient along with them.

Trying to move down the list of possibly effective anti-infantry choices and you see un-interested in anything that's reasonably cost effective.

Maybe double fire prisms?

Anyone know where i can get the chapter approved PDF i couldnt find it

>Fair increase in abilities for the jump from 4 to 8 points.
Nope. This isn't true even if we compare them in a vacuum, and it sure as shit isn't true when you look at all the support Guardsmen get.

Man, I feel so bad for fluffy/index armies. Either lose hard or have to pick and choose opponents trying to find someone in a similar situation.
Most of all though, it must be a torture and feel terrible for their friends.
>oh here's john with his fluffy army
>guess I have to hamstring my list and tactics again so he doesn't feel terrible and quit the hobby

If you took all 9 traitor Legions on the cusp of the heresy and showed them their future in 40k

Which Legions would resist turning traitor knowing what they become?

So did chapter approved buff Deathwatch in any way or are they still solely a collectible faction?

Fire Warriors have access to synergy though too which makes comparing them outside a vacuum a challenge

I've only got about 130 points to spare.
4 missile launchers, a doom weaver, and a shuriken-serpent with sword-wraithblades are the stuff in the list, but I'm worried about fighting 40 gaunt/100 guardsman lists

Fluffy guys get fucked by GW's complete inability to balance.

At least Index guys will get better eventually (course, you might get the Grey Knight treatment).

Luna Wolves and Death Guard for sure. The rest, probably not so much.

Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Luna Wolves.

DG, EC, TS, LW

Lol, the Guard synergies blow the Tau synergies out of the water. This was true even when it was just Indexes, and it's far worse now.

The Guard codex is fucking absurd. It can stand toe-to-toe with the most fucked up FW abusing soup lists in the meta and beat them down. The biggest sin of Chapter Approved is that it didn't nerf the shit out of Infantry squads and Heavy Weapon Teams.

You could tinker out 2 double shrucannon war walkers. Also I'd like to go on record for how stronk 20x guardians dropping out the webway is for dealing with heavy body lists. Especially biel-tan

Sigismund was best marine, even the Emperor agreed! HAIL THE CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS!.

Tsons and Luna Wolves. Deathguard too, but they were tortured into joining.

Basically all the current traitor Legions, except for WE. Those sick fucks would probably fall even faster.

Post yfw Deathstar Death Company Squads become the new meta.

>6 attacks
>S5
>+1 to wound
>6+ FNP
>3d6 charge range or free move before game starts
>re-roll misses
>15 men per squad

Is there anything else I'm forgetting?

>paper stats.
If they're paper then tac marines are cardboard. Not much better.

I'm not a fan of guardian models, and I'm trying to go as many tanks as possible.
I like the war walker idea

There is not better thing than laughing at Guard with your -2, possibly negative 3 to hit flyers on the first turn that you then zoom up the table and fucking pole axe their punch with.

If you go biel-tan they're very solid.

I'm doing Siam Hann for the vypers and dickery with wraithblades.

When exactly do the Thousand Sons get warned? Post Prospero it doesn't matter. Hell, post Nikaea might already be too late (the big issue with Nikaea isn't even necessarily that Magnus was told not to use his powers, it was how he was told).

Alpha Legion and Iron Warriors might swap sides. Death Guard probably undergo a civil war that sees Mortarion lead a breakaway loyalist contingent.

>More expensive than usual marines
>Only survival buff is a 6++
>Good

No i understand i would atleast try shooting 2 or 4 of them at the enemy and then use the new stratagem to hopefully get 2 markerlights more from the D3.

Which is why it's not compared to everything, just other rank-and-file infantry.

Let’s be honest here. Would EC REALLY resist the fall?

The free move gets them in range for inferno pistols. Could conceivably put 15 meltas in your face.

What's the Saim-Hann Wraithblade interaction?

That's the big issue with 40k at the moment. Your list is either ridiculous un-fun bullshit or it dies to the absurd amount of firepower that Guard can put out.

The funny thing is that people still pretend soup lists are the problem, meanwhile even mediocre guard lists can warp a local meta all to hell.

Might be included in future soup lists like Celestine. It really depends on exactly how much that squad costs.

Do thousand sons have 'nerfed' hammer of wrath like grey knights?

>just finished building my Watch Captain with TH+SS
This is gonna be fun

>Unit that will reliably get the first turn charge
>Actually shreds anything it touches
>Not good

Yes and they only followed orders and were Innocent, or were not influenced by politics and propaganda of own country in every way.

vlad post the fucking CA PDF

Rots your path.

>implying anything will survive their alpha strike

You can get just under 50 wounds on a dreadnought on average.

Expensive as fuck, but hilariously strong from one squad.

not failing the charge, hitting on 2s and wounding most things on 2s or 3 thanks to runes of battle, with 4 attacks each that's a lot of hurt

If it isn't guard, it is a min-maxed eldar or tyranid list.

>Take Alpha Legion detachment for obliterators
I'd rather not do that. If I was gonna take another army it'd be daemons. Some Exalted Flamers and horrors might help.
>Contemptors, run dual weapons
Are claws not worth it, or are you just worried they'll not make it into CC? I'll look into maybe dropping a squad of Scarabs and pickup some Rhinos and chaff.

I'd be more impressed and worried had I not used Punisher Tank Commanders so often. 40 S5 shots hitting on 3s re rolling 1s seems so great until it totally isn't most of the time. I don't even have to get into combat so I get to do that multiple times and it still disappoints.

Infantry are only good for holding objs friend. Dumping 600+ points in a squad of melee marines is asking to lose.

Is there a generous user that is versed in Adobe out there that wouldn't mind making a create-a-unit type of "fill in the blank" document?

The biggest issue with DC is that once they shred whatever they're going after turn 1 they're still just marines in the open. Make your points back turn 1, because you're not making it to turn 2.

Infantry squads and heavy weapon teams in those squads blow dick.

Getting reliable first turn charges against a competent opponent who properly screens? Sure you'll eat a screen, then get your dick blown off.

Our squads do, yes. 1 MW unless we roll 10+ (or 11+ for Rubric Marines now) on the test, then D3 as normal. We still get the full range.

So I've been working on a Renegades and Heretics list. I think I found the right balance of troops on the ground yet long range support.

Gives a decent amount of command points as well.

>Still won't be better than their points worth of eversor assassins