Let us make a Space Marine Chapter

But not just any space marine chapter: We will make a Primaris space marine chapter. Let’s somehow make the new kids not suck.

They already don't suck.

We rolling for this, or do you want discussion?

Either way, should probably start off with our Primarch. I'd be down for being Sons of Jaghatai, or maybe Sanguinius, but what's everyone else's thoughts?

With the coming of the Primaris, the Adeptus Astartes began to fear that they might be replaced. Among the all new purely Primaris chapters, their was one in particular that was dreaded by all. More honorable than the Ultramarines, more sociable than the Mentors, better immunity to alcohol than the Space Wolves, purer than the Guardian Exemplar, and more renowned than the Galactic Partridges; the jealous astartes called them the Chad Marines. But their official designation was: The Thunder Chickens.

The Lion

Discussion is more interesting and can be more out there.

As for their progenitor, how about this: It’s all of them. That idiot Cawl tried to combine all the gene-seed into one batch, and this chapter is the result.

We know this because GW keeps telling us how awesome they are. Stronger, faster, more expensive, and you need them in your army. Right now.

... Buy Primaris.

Seriously though, there's one reason why it'll be great to see Primaris getting more Black Library books. People don't want to be TOLD what's awesome and what to like, they want you to SHOW them why something might be worthy of being liked. Hopefully some new books will help with that.

>We know this because GW keeps telling us how awesome they are.

We know this because they're essentially just space marines. The fact that they're a bit bigger doesn't change much at all, if you like the indoctrinated zealot super soldier in big armour at the core of the Space Marines you'll probably like Primaris too.

I have been toying with the idea of a Primaris chapter that still has a few of the Gen 1 marines kicking around in the Veteran squads but only produces the Gen 2 Primaris marines. The younger marines sort of treat them like ageing old people that should just be kept in the Chapter monastery rather than actually fight.

"Okay my battle brothers, in an hour we leave to purge the xenos!"
A dreadnought appears at the top of the stairs.
"Huh? Are you kids going to go purging?"
"Indeed venerable battle brother,"
"Can I go with? It's been awhile since I've seen battle. Oh, not since M39 I think..."
"Uh, no venerable battle brother, we all agree that it would be best for you to stay here and guard the fortress monastery."
"Oh, okay."
Dreadnought slumps and leaves the room.

So Bjorn?

I like this. I really like this. let's make the armour something not blue though

>Primaris getting more Black Library books

Dark Imperium by Guy was a bad start. The book introduces the new Primaris Marines after they've been fighting for over a century. Instead of showing us their start, all the characters just reminisce about it. That's the worst way to write an origin story.

>BACK IN MY DAY OUR ARMOR HAD BEAKS AND WE COULD BARELY MOVE OUR LEGS WHILE WEARING IT
>YOU DAMN KIDS HAVE IT EASY

>Primaris
>just space marines.
Ahhh... nope?
>Primaris
>indoctrinated zealot
Nope

>Hey big bro, why can’t my younger siblings and I get in the rhino with you?
>Young Battle Brother, it is because you and the rest of the newest additions to the chapter are both fat as fuck and too tall. You’d constantly be banging your head on the ceiling and draining fuel.

>the Primaris constantly hit their heads on all the doorways
>the beds are all too small for them
>the chairs and tables are too short

>Instead of showing us their start, all the characters just reminisce about it. That's the worst way to write an origin story.

God fucking dammit, I'm so glad someone else feels this way. If you going to fucking start your story in media res, don't fucking go back to the beginning you could have started at to explain shit wistfully like I'm supposed to give a fuck.

If you want a story present day, introduce them as they are, if you want an origin story, write an origin story, it can't be that hard.

Probably because seeing Primaris at the very beginning was not so glorious, like it's implied in that very book, saying they took heavy casualties at first?

>Primaris having to squeeze into mark VII power armor because they ran out of mark X

BA successors with real wings and even more aggressive than Flesh Tearers

>Brother, i am simply cultivating mass!
Weren't the Raven Guard going to get space muhreen 1.5 back in the horus heresy until Alpha Legion fuckery? I havent read any of the new stuff yet so apologies if the RG already got a shit load of reinforcements or an offshoot chapter of Primaris already.

>Thundercock
>Colors are literally the flag of Chad
Nah, it's perfect

I thing Corvus was tinkering with the chapter's geneseed to restore their lost numbers after the heresy, and that's why they're all kind of fucked up.