Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Cool man magnus edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for admech things
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>GW still don't know what "new" means
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/03/coming-soon-hunt-begins-anew/

>Stratagems and shit in Blood Angels codex, good shit here
frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/02/codex-review-blood-angels-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-psychic-powers/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=HI47d9KDifs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guard is for people who want to play historicals but can't find a group

>implying that people who play guard want friends

Blood Angels finally get their book and I've lost interest in them.

Yeah, you can make marines good at assault but assault still sucks.

Looking at Dark Eldar now.

Assault is better than it's been since at least 5th, learn how to use your pile-in and consolidate moves.

some of us have been playing guard for years user. we deserve to have our time in the sun.

>assault still sucks
how can assault suck, when it lets you use your powerfists???

Why does assault suck?

No.
Guardmen are supposed to dies faceless in the rain and mud, eternally overshadowed by glory-boys.

Random charge range, overwatch, and the fact that it's fucking predictable and a smart opponent knows to expect it and plan for it. If you're playing against an assault army you know what it's going to do and it's obviously not going to sit back and shoot at you.

So, I bought the Tau battleforce for myself, and I happen to have a unit of Pathfinders lying around.

Does a Devilfish make sense to add into the force? I would like to keep the stealthy-mech theme going.

Tell me why you chose to play junk humans user. My brother and I had a discussion over it. I see IG as the human fighter of 40k.

>Celestine charges my helpless squad of guardians camping an objective
>one guardian slams the fire button on their support platform's missile launcher in overwatch
>6 to hit
>5 to wound
>6 for damage
>mfw the Living Saint gets blown out of the fucking sky by some elf baker they handed a rifle and told to help out the aspect warriors

1" range is shorter than more 1" range.

Okay, if I'm dark eldar - I'm going to take lots and lots of cheap 70-90 point units.

You load up on death company or whatever, drop them down - maybe I retreat - maybe I don't but either way you're going to waste an entire turn eating a 90 point unit and then I know where you are and you're basically going to get kited to death.

Assault is bad precisely because you must close the distance.

but thats what jump pack and deep striking termies are for. retreat into my meat grinders or my other meat grinders. on top of that i always charge first with my warlord so no overwatch (ravenguard) then charge in with no problem.
ive not had much issue with melee this edition, but you cant just start at your end of the board and run toward them and expect to get into combat efficiently

Good luck kiting my Genestealers. There won't be much left of your squad to kite with after the first charge anyway

space elf master race

But did she stay dead?

Latest White Dwarf uploaded.

where can I found Advent Calendar?

this is what cheap 5 man units of Vanguard Veterans with twin chainswords are for. 21 attacks, BS 3+, S4, and deep striking, for 90 points.

Two of those to get off early charges against major units, force the enemy to deal with them while the rest of the army rolls up.

Making an all dreadnought list

Would a redemptor be a good addition to have at least one of every dreadnought variant in the list or should I just skip it for a venerable castraferrum?

Alternative 2k i came up with this morning - I want to play a much more aggressive Tau since my main army in 5-7ed was Dark Eldar.
Thoughts?
- 7CP -
>HQ
Coldstar: HOBC, Missile Pod, ATS and Shield Gen - 150

>Elite
Ghostkeel: CIR, ATS + TL, 2x Burst, 2x Stealth Drones - 181
3x Stealthsuits: Beacon, Markerlight, Target Lock - 119
3x Stealthsuits: Beacon, Markerlight, Target Lock - 119
--- 569pts

>HQ
Commander - 4x Fusion, 2x Gun Drones - 176
Commander - 4x Fusion, 2x Gun Drones - 176

>Troops
5x Breacher Team - 40
5x Breacher Team - 40
Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Gun Drones - 127
5x Breacher Team - 40
5x Breacher Team - 40
Devilfish w/ Burst Cannon, 2x Gun Drones - 127

>Elites
3x XV8: 2x Flamer, ATS, 6 Gun Drones - 252
3x XV8: 2x Flamer, ATS, 6 Gun Drones - 252

>Fast Attack
6x Pathfinders:3x Markerlights, 3x Ion Rifles - 60
--- 1430pts
1999/2000 points

well the reason im making that specific army is me and my 3 bros play about 9 month long fluffy campaigns, and we pull a army out of the hat and half to have it done by end of march. i got guard, and we are playing outside imperial space, so i decided an inquisitor is traveling there, found a threat and needed some backup, and the local mercenaries were the only thing he could get in any reasonable amount of time

Why would you deep strike death company now you can give them a pre-battle 12+d6 move?

Guilliman should have withheld Primaris reinforcement from any of the Unforgiven chapters, due to their secrecy, regular betrayals of allies and general hoodfaggyness.

“Play nicely and you can have toys.”

Because descent of angels is better.

Was Saya a Nurgle or Slaanesh Daemon?

celestine is T3
how does anyone hurt her on a 5+

Guys, it doesn't look like theres any reason to take primaris marines in a BA army.

Maybe the redemptor dread but not the other stuff.

Didn't say 5+ just 5, as in that's the roll.

Why would you want to play ultramarines painted red anyway?

Sadly no, but a pair of Fire Prisms ended her rightly

Honestly that one player's Celestine is comedy gold every time I fight him

I remember her charging Karandras + 10 Striking Scorpions

she respawned as far from Karandras as physically possible, when she got back up

No.
The fish is bad.
If you want to keep the stealth theme going maybe add Shadowsun?
She's not super useful but fits the theme.

Not even reivers?

You guys are masochists that are glutton for punishment, you gobbled this shit edition and now GW will cuck you again, while you scream "give it to me daddy GW".

Enjoy your horseshoied shitmaris marines.

Why take reivers when you can take more death company?

Did you forget to take your pills today?

Assault is good for a limited 90 pt distraction doesn't seem like an argument in favor of assault is good in general. 90 pts for 21 bolter attacks that immediately die is actually pretty awful.

What the fuck is the point of Grenade Launchers and the like? They're always worse than other weapons and offer no edge. Am I missing some kind of grenade rule or something?

>pic unrelated

Fair enough, I'll look into shadow sun, might wait till the actual codex comes out though.

Redemptor is decent small arms fire support, not as efficient as a pair of twin heavy bolter mortis dreads but not an altogether terrible replacement since it has strong melee. Its a little expensive compared to its peers in its price range that are 2+ bs with invuln saves.

not that guy but it's basically this feeling that any guardsmen in that army could be you.

You look at Bob in the corner for example, he's just a random guy in a guard army. But he's still a person. That guy holding a lasgun that's basically just a wound for the lascannon still has a family, had dreams, had a shitty breakfast in that morning, etc. He's a regular piece of shit just like you. But one time, Bob decides he's not going to be a statistic. Because fuck you chaos lord, you're not getting this objective. So Bob jams his shitty little bayonet in the one spot of the chaos lord's armor where he had a crack and kills him, winning you the game. That's why you play Imperial Guard.

Yes, most of those people don't matter, most will be chewed up and spit out by the meatgrinder that is war. But every so often one of them either fights hard enough or gets lucky enough that he carries the day, and you remember that even regular human beings can defy the gods when they put their hearts and minds to it.

Over time, your soldiers get stories. That's not lasgunner #123, that's John, the guy who held the objective by himself for three turns, made 20 cover saves, and won you the game. That's not leman russ #4, that's Joker, tank that somehow hit 6 shots on overwatch and shut a beserker squad down in its tracks at the last second. You get a certain pride for your army and see them less as numbers and more as people. They're no ordinary folks either. These poor soldiers have seen things you can't even imagine and won, and by god they earn your respect since they did it in shitty flak armor and what used to be one of the weakest small arms in the game.

They offer literally nothing some other weapon doesn't do better. You only take them if you were unfortunate to build some and don't feel like fixing them. Plasma is better than it in 99% of cases, the sole instance being you need a cheap special weapon for a vet/command squad.

people can shoot at them if they're on the board, you will probably not go first at some point if you play long enough.

I always wondered what it would be like if we ran with averages instead of dice rolls.

Would miss out on bullshit like this
But would also miss out on bullshit like this.

I had an Assassin with one wound left charge 6 heavy flamers and proceed to make all 14 of the resulting 4+ saves, once.

Hellblasters, Inceptors, and Intercessors are good enough to be questionable not bad enough to write off altogether.

The problem with assault is you gotta get to me asshole.

That gives me all sorts of options as far as baiting you, feeding you a worthless unit, shooting you, kiting you. Or I might just see where you are going and charge you first to deny you.

And believe me, this is coming from a guy who loves his Blood Angels and wants them to be good but at the end of the day - you can buff a marine but it's still a marine and it dies just the same.

People want to talk about how good death company are now. It's so fucking easy to kill 3+ armor and a 6+ FNP ain't doing shit.

Now that I'm less stupid I realise that plague spitter are like 3 times as much as flesh mowers

Is there any reason to not take flesh mower Now? It's better in every situation unless the enemy stays in combat and you need to kill something else.

Even then you still naturally charge shit for free plague probe hits.

On top of that why doesn't flesh mower replace plague probe, fucking thing is expensive.

>it's basically this feeling that any guardsmen in that army could be you.
this was my theory yes, I think around maybe 60-70% of people have that natural instinct as a first pick and would have to work to get to a point where they reject going with it in a fantasy game. Like it takes some courage to "get into" playing GSC or Harlies or some un popular shit but it helps the health of the game for people to play them.

Radical =][= Daemonhost.

what army do you play? i play assault heavy ravenguard and win majority of my pick up games

Rhinos, worth taking for Blood Angels? 70 points before upgrades is asking a lot in a 2000 point list.

Plus you have to jump out before it moves, not after so it seems less useful except as maybe mobile cover.

Kill yourself. Nobody needs you.

>made 20 cover saves
Emperor protects!

but really, romanticism of 40k is dead with 8th

Rhinos to carry what, if its just tacs to take objs then use scouts.

DE

You can lick my anus, i allow you.

Is this an edit, face looks different.

their schtick is supposed to be that they're assault and that they offer versatility (frag and krak)
however the assault is pointless since you get an order to run and shoot (which still gives assault weapons a penalty while your lasguns fire normally), the frag is on average worse than a frsrf lasgun, and a plasma gun is exponentially better at it's job than a krak grenade for a mere 2 points more

Reivers can do things that Death Company can’t, and not everyone is autistic.
Some rules changes ruined your imagination?

I do both.

While i like netiher primarines nor the current edition i sitll think you are being rude.

maybe play a mission that isn't no mercy
if your opponent is turtling you can easily gain map controll

She always had gorilla face in the codex, it pissed me off. But maybe its more gorilla here, cant tell.

This is a troll-meme'ing
I half expect this to become the new Fabius Bile

>this was my theory yes, I think around maybe 60-70% of people have that natural instinct as a first pick and would have to work to get to a point where they reject going with it in a fantasy game. Like it takes some courage to "get into" playing GSC or Harlies or some un popular shit but it helps the health of the game for people to play them.

I highly doubt it's 60-70%, more like 10% at absolute tops. Space Marines are the most popular armies for a reason, and that's because most people can't resist a good power fantasy. That's part of what draws people to 40k after all, if most people were looking for games with regular ass humans they'd be playing Bolt Action or something. Let's be honest here, even most IG players were not drawn to 40k purely because of IG. What happened was they saw this crazy over the top universe, then saw IG and realized "holy shit, these are regular Joes, the fact that they can even surprise is pretty badass in and of itself." That's why most IG players pick the army.

And I actually play guard because I love all the crazy shit in the 40k universe. Playing guard lets me see just how insane everything else in 40k is. If you play marines it really doesn't sink in just how over the top even a basic gaunt is compared to a human being. You feel like you're playing on hard mode, even if GW royally screwed up balancing our 8th ed codex.

It doesn't really take courage to play a "different" army like xenos or chaos. If anything it's the opposite. If someone commits to a full IG army, it is absolutely a passion project or the codex is so OP someone is willing to drop $700 just to win some tournaments. You'll notice most meta tourney lists with IG tend to be something that's either soup or cheaper to build like 5th ed's leafblower. People don't tend to start an IG army unless they REALLY want it.

I just keep looking at those hips, it's enough to make me want to play DE.

Probably the sexiest model GW ever produced.

Hips look smaller than her shoulders

The HBL is pretty good., its basically a ap-2 D2 assult cannon

Sounds like you’re too busy sobbing hysterically. I’ll pass.

>mfw play exclusively aggressive, mobile armies and win almost every mission through sheer map control

it's a good feeling

a moment of silence for the armored company player who couldnt pick up the Relic.

so ive seen people saying that the plaugeburst crawer is great by it just dont see it: its basically an index leman russ with FNP and an invun.Am i missing something?

HQ [20 PL, 150pts]
Malefic Lord [4 PL, 30pts]
Malefic Lord [4 PL, 30pts]HQ [8 PL, 60pts]

HQ [5 PL, 100pts]
The Changeling [5 PL, 100pts]

Troops [20 PL, 105pts]
Horrors [5 PL, 30pts]
Horrors [5 PL, 30pts]
Horrors [5 PL, 30pts]

Lord of War [21 PL, 415pts]
Magnus the Red [21 PL, 415pts]

Lord of War [35 PL, 700pts]
Aetaos’rau’keres [35 PL, 700pts]

Lord of War [24 PL, 470pts]
Mortarion [24 PL, 470pts]

>reading warzone atlanta
>bullshit list like this are actually real

More like laughing at you hysterically.

>4+ to hit
>on average half the hits of a plague spitter

Ehhh it's pretty shit, specially when the main purpose of a blight drone is close disruption for death guard armies.

>malefic lord, malefic lord, malefic lord, malefic lord, malefic lord, malefic lord

No one will shoot at it, so its free damage every turn.

Smite should have been limited to 3 per turn...

>mfw I play swarm and sometimes field 100 hormagants at 1k point games
Its a special kind of feel

Slaanesh. She didn't really cause disease, she just transformed everyone into chaos spawn

What Index or Codex is Malefic Lord from? Can't find it. Also, what's the point of it?

The true power of a WAAC.

>mfw I drop 5 Crisis suits with flamers on it

Its a FW renegades psyker that has recently been nerfed,

Aren't Malefic Lords more than 30pts now?

You're a goddamn monster and I've ALWAYS wanted to play Hormagaunt Swarm, the unit has a special place in my heart since my mother lovingly painted 60 of the gribbly little fuckers in order to screen all her carnifexes

any choice deets like Hive Fleet?

The only reason marines are popular is because their are fucking everywhere.
It is easier to name sets that do not have marines than the ones that do.
Even fucking AoS has marines fucking everywhere.

They are mention and shown so much that is no wonder people end buying them. For fuck sake they get updated models and new models almost every fucking year.

t. Marine player

yes, that was from last month.

>free
its like 160 points, and it hits on 4s so, what 1.75 hits per turn for the main gun, and 1 for the entropy cannons. is it really worth it?

smite is fine, it exists to stop shit like the old screamer star, considering how bad they are at not stacking rules accidentally and going OOPS we dun fucked up again NEW EDITION!!!!

the issue is having those guys cost 30 and not restricting the number you could bring in a functional manner.

This shit get's old

why didn't magnus get a nerf or point increase in chapter approved

Because he's fine at a million points and has no character protections

Isn't the alphabet chicken like 9000 points now making the entire thing impossible to use?

I name my guard and give them character... prehaps not as much character as my other armies bar
>commander Mindel, generic tactical genius
>Arnold the banewolf officer/ vehicleassault leader
>Affy the field officer, looking for promotion through personal glory
>commander red, leading the close combat unit

Tell me about your dudes Veeky Forums

Thats the point. Nobody spends 400 points on flamers at 1000 points unless they know exactly what I'm doing.
And it's still 400 points vs my 500. Those flamer suits cant deal with the tyrant for example

But then theyre shit unless you spam them.

>all out of range thanks to DS limits
okay

>5+
>Celestine
Did everyone clap after too?

Because 1ks excluding him are so utterly terrible if he got a nerd it would break the faction.

146 points, the numbers are comparable per point to the output of a quad las predator, but people will focus and kill your preds fast if you bring them.