Ctrl+f

>ctrl+f
>no outsider thread

2 new pages today guys

Other urls found in this thread:

strategywiki.org/wiki/Master_of_Orion_II:_Battle_at_Antares/Warship_technologies
rbutterworth.nfshost.com/Tables/romanmult
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_numeral_systems
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_computer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm pretty sure we stopped doing "there needs to be a thread about it every time there's update" thing for everything except OotS.

Looks like there will be some action soon

Didn't know that.

It's not like outsider updates are very regular anyway.

spiral is mah waifu.
loreili is a just a jealous skank/slut

I'm okay with these threads, saves me the effort of having to check on the comic myself.

Plus it also leads to discussion sometimes.

"unintelligible angry clicking noise"

I don't think that applies to outsider, when it will be over several years after the heat death of the universe.

Awww yeah.

How many updates this year? Six? That's breakneck speed.

I think the artist doing Outsider was doing some work for his indie game last year and now that work has been done, he has more time to update the comic.

Two pages!?

> Two pages!?
THE SKY IS FALLING

I swear, every time we see Beryl's eyes looking at our hero, she looks like she either wants to murder or fuck Jardin and can't decide which one it is going to be.

why not both?

It's possessiveness. Her culture is based on the controlling access to males and Beryl, a kinda-weird kinda-deviant kinda-unpopular kinda-nobody, *almost*, has one to herself that is in a certain view justifiably all hers.

Also, he's *super* heretical just in himself. Transgressive bingo.

Wasn't there something about the blue space babes having a retarded numerical system?

Notice how the fighter pilot always keeps her hand out when talking with Alex?

Sort of an open invitation for another round of hand-action in front of the listel.

it's base 8 with no placeholder zero. so you end up going from 8=8 to 9=11.

which confirms that Arioch did 9/11

As a programmer, that terrible math system fucking hurts my brain. Like octal is good. Octal without zeroes is retarded.

they technically have a zero, but it's only used for the quantity zero, not as a placeholder.
so their count goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18

pretty much the only thing this is good for is addition and subtraction. even then...

On the bright side, on account of stuff like that this will be probably the only circumstance that somebody can be non-ironically complemented for the beauty of the English language by a xenolinguist.

Have this
I made it like two years ago when this page came out

How did a race with such terrible math ever figure out space flight in the first place?

Old ones gave them space tech and also gave them a crippled maths system so they could never advance it.

That number system doesn't let them have computer programming. I'm not even joking, they can't have the binary math necessary for computers to fucking work without having 0s as a digit.

>Human scientists' face when they realize fancy space elves suck at math
>Human scientists' face when they realize fancy space elves couldn't do shit unless some old ass space empire left behind some old as tech for them to use
>Human scientists' face when they realize they got to space all on their own

>Human scientists' face when they realize we had it even harder than anyone else

Gotta love a double-event.

I'm pretty sure no one cares what you think.

The didn't, they are an uplift.

so we have a race of blue space elf hotties, but no actual lewds?

What's the point then?

The author likes to pretend he doesn't fantasize about blue elf femdom space sex, but we all know he does.

There's no fan-smut worth nothing though.

He started this series as a horny teen, but then calmed down before he got to a lewd point. 221 pages over 16 years.

>Humans meet an alien race that developed on an even higher-gravity planet.
>Their initial space launches used hypersonic spaceplanes
>They later switched to Project Orion style nuclear bomb propulsion.
>If you don't care about fallout, you can literally launch city-sized spacecraft weighing millions of metric tons
>Eventually they just build space elevators in orbit.
>They don't have to worry about the rocket equation because every colony beings by immediately constructing a space elevator down from orbit.
>They can colonize worlds that other races would never consider colonizing.

>Human scientists' face when the aliens park a 10-million-ton city-ship in orbit with a stream of nuclear pulses, casually drop a space elevator down to the surface, and walk out to meet them.

I think he eventually specifically declaimed the implicit theory that humans have bigger dicks than loroi males.

Which just means that loroi males are huge-dicked elf twinks, I guess.

wait, really? Can you link? Because that sounds hilarious and I want to see Arioch's autism sperg out about the dicks on the men of his race of waifus.

>2 new pages

Whoa there Murata, don't go straining yourself!

Double event, lets go.

Just as last time, Jardin gives more info to Beryl than he gets out of her.

I think the magical realm here is that the hot space bimbos can either file some forms, take a number, and wait in line for access to the huge-dick twink sex god, or just go shag a human male.

>soon
You mean in 6 months.

>6 months

The lack of a mind meld is going to make human men only desirable to xenophiles like our already-jealous space elf here.

Are there any images of Loroi males?

None yet, as far as I know. We just know they're smaller than average human males.

Huh. Yup, those are going to get buggered.

Makes me wonder how the loroi treat male homosexuality.

Presumably like old civilizations, having a family is your duty, what you do on your free time is irrelevant.

>10 pages in one year
>comic has been going on for 16 years
>8% of all pages posted have been from this year
I don't even know what to say except that Talon is best girl.

top row third from left is the most stylish.

Well he did say that he plan this thing to be around 230 pages long.

Thanks!

I don't see how the hell he's going to pull that off. We're more than halfway through that 230 pages right now and we've barely managed to introduce the characters and show a single battle.

Unless the story is "Jardin gets to Seren just in time for the Clackers to warp in behind him and burn the planet to ash"

Why don't you do the math on just how much highly enriched material you need to lift a small rocket into orbit with Orion, much less a city?

This ain't really about the space battle this is gonna end when MC makes a deal for all of humanity that he couldn't refuse.

When will we see best bro again?

These guys are clearly much more in-tune with the human state of mind than the blue babes.

And then he gives the Empress the dick.

Those are going to be the last 30 pages

Does Beryl get to watch?

>implying it won't be televised

GGMILF

> they technically have a zero, but it's only used for the quantity zero, not as a placeholder.
So their "8" is our zero, and their "0" is our slashed zero - "O".

That's pretty fast given the topic on hand.

Oh no, it's the double event. Next will be the triple event, and then it will be too late for all of us.

That's the stare of somebody so sexually jaded I can believe she'd fuck a psychically mute pink man just for the variety.

Hell, she'd probably assume that's what they brought him for.

>Clicky-click is not a memorable name. They are all named clicky-click. The whole Shell language is naught but clicky-clicks.
kek

That's a nice Seren you have there, Loroi.

Be a shame if something happened to it.

Stop making me see things, it's only the lightning.

Your CS degree is just a code monkey certification and you've made awful life choices. Either that or you're talking out of your ass.
Zuze's Z1 wasn't the first computer. You don't need binary for computers. You need it for cheap* computers.
*for now. Quantum computers will be affordable in your lifetime.

Outsider's ship (and weapons) stats are pretty cool.
Are they made for a specific system, or just provided as 'guidelines'?
If just guidelines - does anyone know of (can recommend) a system I can use them with?

Quantum computing is a fucking pipe dream.

And everything comes down to binary because that's how electricity works. It is either flowing or it isn't, and binary represents that. If you don't know this, you've never had to deal with any kind of low level programming. Come back when you've done registry swaps in 386 assembly or done bit switching for c. All higher level programming languages compile down to binary math in the end, and if you don't know that, your script kiddy ass has no business saying shit.

Not having a 0th place in their number system means that the Loroi can't properly represent this shit. Which I suppose makes sense given their history as a race of uplifted psyker slaves.

She's probably mirroring a habit of Jardin's; not much call for telepaths to talk with their hands.

>tfw humankind = space dwarves
We ... we're not gonna get squatted ... are we? Guys?

Oh boy! Another nerd fight!

Frankly, I'm on the side of extrapolating from what we know now as opposed to doing mental gymnastics with some outlandish math system so a bunch of pointy-eared space waifus from some shitty web comic is made to look somehow that much more superior to the human race.

strategywiki.org/wiki/Master_of_Orion_II:_Battle_at_Antares/Warship_technologies

Planned total of about 500 pages. 122 pages done in 16 years. It looks like it may be on track to end in 2067.

>122 pages done in 16 years

Woah wait... 122 pages... and the plot STILL hasn't move that far yet??

I guess this series will end with page 500 of them just docking at a space station and letting the human guy off before they hyperspace jump off to war. The End.

>16+ years of comic making
>only to blueball the greybearded nerds who followed it for so long
Worst timeline.

Ten years of waiting and he’s nowhere near close to fucking them yet. Call me when he starts pounding alien elf pussy and they’re in orgasmic bliss because all their males are tiny.

>base 8
>they have 10 fingers
>no 0
>they’re spacefaring
This is officially the least realistic thing about a series which includes space elves that are craniofacially and physiologically identical to humans. I’m not even joking, and I’m also not taking into consideration that one of the elves’ ally races was saying something about how they’re probably genetically related (handwaving the similarities).

So what’s the point of continuing it, then? He obviously initially wanted the human with the massive cock to lord over the female space elf civilization (or at least be the fuckboy for a single ship’s worth of a harem), but it’ll hardly happen now. I’m all for worldbuilding, I’m all for lore, I’m all for effort put into a realistic scenario, but when the main elf chick asks the guy about his fucking needs and now they’re ALL getting cozy with him (pheromones or did rumors from when they stripped him naked spread through the ship), you expect more than 0 things, even in a base-8/-0 system.

They probably do multiplication like the Romans did it.

rbutterworth.nfshost.com/Tables/romanmult

>you expect more than 0 things, even in a base-8/-0 system.

This made me laugh out loud for real when I got to the end of that.

See you in 20 years.

He seems genuinely attached to the characters and to the setting he created for them, and probably thinks he can spin the comic into a more serious story where the characters become real dramatic figures rather than mere cheesecake elves. He also mentioned that his oldest cohort of fans all now have young kids of their own who read the comic, so anything more than PG-13 is automatically out for that reason alone.

Tbh I think watching him try to turn a PG-rated MOO2 cheesecake fanfic into an Asimov-quality work of science fiction has the potential to be amusing, assuming he can ever produce new panels on a consistent schedule

>le 10 fingers argument
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_numeral_systems
Fun fact: humanity came with a many completely fucked up (as perceived by modern west civilization) things over its history.

It's because they were handed everything, they literally when through none of the advancements necessary to achieve their tech. Hell, even their base culture of extrapolated pursuit predation is antithetical to civilization with out the tech propping it up. That's the point. They're artificial.

Quick quiz: how many spaces are there between your fingers?

He complained about lack of Samara romance in ME2 back in the day.

This is why I think Fireblade is gonna bump uglies with him.

I just hope I'll still be alive to see that glorious day.

You realize that we don't use the same base for common math and for computer math (decimal and binary)? they could do the same.

Actually the author did a huge data blurb on the Loroi based on people's questions and this popped up. The answer is in general homosexuality in general isn't that big of a deal, it would be more like an intense friendship with a sexual/telepathic component mixed in.

Male Homosexuality is a bit more 'difficult' due to just how few males there are in general and how their almost constantly surrounded by women but it's certainly not impossible and socially and practically speaking Male's can get away with a LOT in Loroi society.

Hell, if a male doesn't want to go ahead with any arranged fucking he can just keep saying he's not interested until they stop throwing women at him. Male Loroi have rights after all and their not about to force him to do anything he doesn't want to and violence or abuse is off the table because female Loroi are hardwired to be protective of Male Loroi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_computer

Suffice to say that digital computing didn't emerge ex nihilo.

Quantum computers are binary, though. They still use bits, they're just quantum bits i.e states of the form a|0> + b|1>

>waiting to replenish instead of moving now and harassing the bugs

The great secret of the Loroi is that their progenitor race never actually died. They just had a species-wide cozy femdom fetish, so as soon as they had the technology they turned themselves into twinky elf boys and surrounded themselves with hot blue amazon elves.

That's why Loroi society is so weird. It's the male Loroi's magical realm.

Wouldn't you make a harem of super hot babes if you could?

No.

Christ, fuck off until the femdom happens.