MTG LEGACY GENERAL

Near miss edition.

What was your most frustrating tournament near miss? Lose an unloaseable win-and-in for your first day2? 9th at an RPTQ? Last combo piece one more card down?

RESOURCES

>Active Legacy Forums

mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame

mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more

basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players

docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS

>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)

channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but oddly relevant)

channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database

pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

theepicstorm.com/tes-vs-ant/
hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD01781T/
youtu.be/5eF0UrJTMyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bumping with mine. This past weekend I played a 1k. Lost round 1, then proceeded to 2-0 my next 5 matches, only to find out that it wasn't a clean cut. My breakers were good but my opponent's weren't and we had to play. I lost and missed top8.

I need one more fetchland and I'm finished

Post deck pics

>playing fetches in whitebordered mono red burn
At least you have 1 lavamancer

>running nu fetches

bump

>What was your most frustrating tournament near miss?
>5-2-1 at gp lou playing d&t
>r8 was a draw against grixis delver
>6-2-1 is live for day 2, any other combination is not
>r9 is jeskai stoneblade with 4x maindeck lavamancer piloted by some of the local kentucky megafauna
>always has a lavamancer on board, immediately casts another if one dies
>always has removal for revoker
>always lands mystic into batterskull on-curve

fuck that deck lol

My current list

>local Kentucky megafauna
Holy fuck I lold

>those duress
>those brainstorms
>mismatched petal
>those cabal therapies
>khans fetches
My disgust knows no bounds,

bymp

I'm gonna over 2 grand on cardboard and there's nothing anybody can do to stop me.

What cardboard exactly?

4c Loam cardboard.

CHALICE DECKS ARE FOR SOYBOYS WHO CAN'T RESOLVE BRAINSTORMS

You have it the other way around my man. Non blue decks are for the big boys who have enough balls to play without gay little cantrips. You have little lady balls, that's why you have to rely on cantrips to get consistency whereas as I just sit down and smack my BNBC (big non blue cock) down on the table and bend your little cantrip deck over and put it in it's place. Don't ever reply to one of my posts again with your 1cmc bullshit or I'll waste you out of the game and beat you with a dryad arbor.

Incredible

TEENY
TINY
LITTLE
WHITE
WEENIES

Kek, fucking brushwagg in the corner.

How'd you get into legacy?

I'd like to play paper someday, but now doesn't seem like a very accessible time to hop in.

Figure out what you want to play
Buy chinamen versions of whatever is on the Reserve List
Beat them up a little
Buy the rest for super cheap because thats how the format works
Play Legacy

lmao have fun losing to something as gay as variance. Real men rely only on their own skill at deck manipulation to outplay their opponents

CHRISTINE SPRANKLE WOULDN'T LIKE A DECK THAT DOESN'T PROMOTE DIVERSITY

What happened to the carpet? move house?

That sucks, but congrats on the 2-0s nonetheless. More videos with the big red mouse button 1 when?

It's BNUC.

MFW i Make blue and non blue fags to suck my dredge master cock

>implying you can mull to 1 in this format
It's only big in vintage champ, let's not kid ourselves here.

>Not mulliganing to 1 and winning anyway
Faglord detected

Damn

Just a different room.
I'm traveling for work this week but if my hotel wifi isn't too shit maybe I can record some games. I do have 1 post-top video up though.

>implying you can do that with any consistency at all with legacy dredge
>implying you're not gay for still playing dredge

>Butthurt player complaining

>implying I'm butthurt when your playing a deck as shit as dredge

I've been thinking of getting into legacy. Mainly been playing with friend, that is drafting, some modern, some commander. I'll try the decks on cockatrice with the same friends first before buying the cards.

So coming from this not-so-competitive background, would you recommend that I'd start legacy with a storm deck? They seem interesting, and I've been thinking of trying both ANT and TES. Are those decks too complicated or are there some other problems with these that would be reason enough not to start with them.

I've mainly been playing elves in modern, and I want to try something different.

>Treasure cruise is legal
>UR delver is everywhere
>Bring pox to prey on UR delver at GP New Jersey
>UR delver is a 75-25 matchup in my favor already
>running some cards specifically anticipating the wave of UR delver that was going to be there
>Beat a burn player, his story belongs here too but for different reasons
>4 Miracles decks in a row, go 1-4-0 because Miracles was a 15-85 matchup
Pic related, its what my playgroup told me on the drive home.

as far as legacy goes both storm variants are challenging. Do you want to Ad Nauseum for a win or past in flames/tutor chain for a win? Heres an article discussing the differences
theepicstorm.com/tes-vs-ant/

they're easy to play once you understand how the decks function

pre-ban i would have told you if you can make it through the first three rounds unmolested the odds of playing against miracles falls off significantly due to draws, but now i dunno. drawbracket has traditionally been full of suboptimal miracles pilots using top inefficiently and going to time.

axed the baubles for preordains again?

also, what matchups are you siding in the TES 3x EtW plan?

It was just terrible luck. Cockatrice and games at home with proxied versions I was stomping delver, rolled up to the party and got slapped by the tournament sorting algorithm playing against a deck that wasnt overbearing yet. Ironically I built mentor miracles a year or so later

How do you erase the khans fetches easier? The new border is super hard to erase, especially pack fresh one

Which of the budget decks in the OP is good for a new player to MtG?

Yeah Bauble does some cute tricks but too much of the time it felt like timewalking myself to cast it. 4x Preordain and 16 lands give you consistency, and consistency is critical in this deck.
I use acetone for most of my white borders. It works for everything except certain foils. It's also easier to ruin cards of you make them too wet so be careful.

Shit forgot to answer this question. The 3x ETW plan is still largely untested but it has been clutch against Pile and I expect it to be good vs Delver. I usually bring in 2 and leave one as a wish target. Against miracles though I cut wishes and bring in all 3 plus some other stuff like tendrils

I'm tempted to run mono-black eldrazi. Eldrazi with urborg, IoK, pushes, dismember, etc. Is this enough to not get my shit pushed in or is storm still gonna go over my head every time? Is there anything mono black that does good against storm? Besides unmask?

Does anyone know any legacy tournaments or shop events in the northern-Illinois region? Is there a site with organizers or is it just "look around" for stuff?

Legacy is a very old, expensive, and hard-to-find competitive format. Those budget decks are meant for people new to Legacy, not new to Magic. If you have friends you're playing with, buy Wizards' premade Planeswalker decks or Duel decks.

>look at an enchantress list
>looks really cool and fun to play
>cheap
It sucks doesn't it? Is it worth getting as a side deck?

Just rin Leyline mainboard against combo.

I've used the eraser for most of the ones I used, can you do a video of using Acetone for them? I'd like to have some help with it

Sanctity or Void?

whatever you need the most, keep the other in the SB

I can't do that this week, but I can give you some tips in text form. Get painters tape and use it to tape off the part of the card you're not blanking. Do one border at a time. Get some acetone. MAKE SURE IT IS 100% ACETONE. You can buy it anywhere you can get nail polish remover (Wal-Mart is a good bet) but not all nail polish remover is 100% acetone and will give you soggy cards. Fold up a paper towel in half a couple times, hold it over top of the acetone bottle and flip it upside down and back up real quick. You only need a little acetone but it evaporates fast do you need to be quick. Rub the acetone dampened paper towel firmly on the border you want to blank. You should see the ink start to smear. Once you've smeared it good, move to a cleaner, drier part of the towel and keep rubbing to get the rest of the ink off. Repeat as needed. Practice on some basic lands or something before you hit your LEDs.

DONT YOU 404 ON ME

Anyone here plays penny dreadful on MTGO?

>sanctum's
>cheap

>~1000 bucks total for the deck
>not cheap for legacy

>Not buying chinamen fakes

@56788336
>buying shitty quality cardboard that harms the game and supports chinese dogs
>not supporting your game store
>being poor
kys my man.

>@56788336
Do you really not know how to tag a post?

>>buying shitty quality cardboard that harms the game and supports chinese dogs
>that harms the game
>that harms the game
>THAT HARMS THE GAME
+1 shekel added to your star of david account, maro highfives you

Its to deny a (you) newfag, I literally replied to him 2 posts above that. As soon as he started china posting I decided he wasn't worth the (you).

@56788584
It literally does because it not only destroys confidence in product, but it undermines the supply of magic cards retard. Pro tip: If they become worth less due to counterfeiting the game will objectively be hurt on a secondary market level and this will hurt game stores where you can play the game.

>Its to deny a (you) newfag
I really hope your trolling and not actually this autistic.

Have you seriously never seen it before? it's not exactly new my man. There's nothing autistic about denying them the (you)'s they crave so much they'd resort to chinamen posting.

>Buhuu normies playing the game!!! Get out oficina my supersikrit club for white nerds!
Only an autist can actually belive more people playing the game is bad for the game. Or those are the lies you tell yourself to justify spending ridiculous amounts of money on cardboard?

>There's nothing autistic about denying them the (you)'s
And yet you are still quoting and answering him back. Not autistic at all

@56789778
>Buhuu normies playing the game!!! Get out oficina my supersikrit club for white nerds!
Where did I say or imply this you absolute retard? Nice job addressing the very basic points about why it's bad for the game though.

What's autistic is shitposting about chinafakes on Veeky Forums when it really has no relevance to the discussion. It's not really autistic when it takes 2 seconds to do either faggot.

>1 lavamancer, 9 fetches
why bother?

Why would you do that? The best part of the eldrazi deck is chalice of the void desu

RB Reanimator is pretty good against storm, I'd think mono B Reanimator would be as well

The Japanese love this pox reanimator deck. hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD01781T/

>under 1k USD

:thinking:

I've seen a mono black version too.

isn't that pauper

Dude until legacy is AT LEAST as cheap as modern, discussion about fakes will always be relevant. Like it or not, there are a (growing) number of people who are interested in or use them. Assuming someone is trolling just because they happen to mention them is inane, and you're simply deluding yourself if you think that not replying to someone in the conventional, easier, manner causes anyone bother in the slightest. You're the one that looks autistic, because no one else would even pay any attention.

No

Hi DDFT, I wanna make a Doomsday deck as my second legacy deck. What's your reccomeded budget starting list? Prefer no LEDs

Bump

LED is integral to the functionality of the deck. If you really can t afford LED I'd look up Sacland Doomsday but frankly is is suboptimal by a large margin

What's the best current set for playing sealed with a buddy?

The deck doesn’t work without LEDs. Look up sac land tendrils, probably your best bet for a budget storm deck

I’m an idiot who doesn’t know how to refresh threads apparently

Just Buy
Chinamen Fakes

what's the best deck for shitting on a meta that is completely infested with delver?

lands, or if you really want to go deep, pox

Something with PFire+Groves, doesn't really matter what.

bomp

How about loam, pfire, and chalice.

Tonight I drank and played a league. I didn't do super great. But I recorded it. I played bad and I'm sure I'm unlistenably obnoxious.
youtu.be/5eF0UrJTMyQ

Jund, is like playing delverless delverless.

Is infect still playable?

The monoblack version is actually in the budget decks link at the top

No

:(

You are free to give it a go, you just need to accept that you lose to chalice decks, decks running removal and decks that combo faster than you.

I don't see how any of these are true.
You have blighted agent, nexus, invigorate and become immense to get through chalice. You have force of will and daze and a quick kill to help vs combo. You have countermagic plus vines to help against removal. Im not saying infect has great matchups across the board but you certainly dont just roll over and die to everything.