Lets have a jojos thread

lets have a jojos thread

Started a game yesterday.

One of the players stands had three stickybombs.

The other had the ability to direct interface with electronics/computer systems. It’s a range E hermit purple like one that looks like a power cord.

Is that supposed to be a grown up achtung baby?

Yep, it’s shizuka

Yes, actually.

user, you're a day late. Super Stand Sunday threads are supposed to be on Sunday only.

That being said, I've always wanted to show up to a game with a character build that is basically Not!White Album and see how many people get it. Probably none, since the people in my group only know JoJo through anime.

How about jojo batman?

i was kinda busy playing Jojos to make a jojos thread yesterday. Speaking of that, I need some villain stands

Here, I designed these dumb stands some time ago while in my uni classes.

Warning, bad art.

Find a way to fuck with time or dimensions. That's pretty standard for villain stands.

The main baddy can rewind time 3 seconds.

So you just gave him Mandom. gg, might as well make him a vampire and the president and a serial killer while you're at it.

I mean it is stereotypical but I rolled for it.

“Temporal Teleportation?”

So a shittier Mandom? Boring

It also has an A in developmental potential so I’m thinking about that for a moment.

We already have these covered. How about scene select? User is able to see a timeline of significant events in the target's life and travel back in time to select scenes.

I thought about that but I cannot think of a way to beat that

All that's missing from that pick is Abaccio for the Record button

The way I see it, Universe 1 Protags and BBEGs are Time based, while so far with Funny Universe 2 is Space based.

Ass-pulls or giving the protagonist the same power or an ironically specific power that counters it. Alternately, you can have the bad guy win.

Well the main baddy isn’t set in stone.

The characters haven’t met him yet, only a blonde with a stand that cuts people (basic I know, but it works)

How about a yo-yo thread instead

Think of what sort of main villain you want. Their personality, their motivations, their modus operandi. Then think about what sort of stand suits them. Killer Queen is effective with Kira because he's a serial killer, but wouldn't be as great with President Valentine.

For my villain I thought I'd go for the ability to loop time, either in general or just for a certain object/area. So, say he tries to crush one of the heroes beneath a falling object and it misses, he can loop that object's time so that it keeps falling over and over again until he can get the hero underneath it, or if something goes wrong he can loop time until he gets it right. Though, the problem with that is it feels a bit too similar to BITE ZA DUSTO.

You're getting into the problem of coming up with the power first and the character second.

>MFW I have a JoJo campaign pretty much ready complete with 24 enemy stands and users made but no one in my group is interested

Don't call it stands then. Just refluff the stands as superpowers and run it as a cape game. Or whatever.

Remember, Stands are just the physical abstractions of psychic powers, which Araki went with based on a idea he got from looking at a mental duel between Charles Xavier and Magneto. All those punching ghosts are just short-handed for magical psychic phenomena designed to make such fights look more action packed.

Just remove the actual stands, refluff here and there to suit a setting, and you got a campaign.

Which of your Stands are you most excited for? I'm kinda curious.

Tell us about it then user. I'm in the same boat as you are.

Recently I've had the idea of a bizarre and weirdo power: objective morality manipulation. But I'm not sure how to make it useful without adding angels and such to the setting.

>objective morality manipulation.
Have you tried playing D&D?
Specifically as a Caster?

D&D doesn't quite give casters that power.

i would kill for a part with Shizuka as the main Jojo

Quick question: Do ranged attacks degrade as quickly as stand power at range, or is power "locked in" at the moment of the attack?

Say we have a stand with a range similar to Star Platinum, meaning it has Range C and has to stay within 2 yards or its power drops to nothing. However, instead of punchspam, it has beamspam and shoots out lasers/bullets/needles/whatever. If this stand fires off an attacks, which of the following happens?

a) The attack drops to nothing after 2 yards, making the attack worthless as a ranged ability
b) The attack remains at full potency/degrades a normal amount over range because the stand was within 2 yards of the user when it fired.
c) The above would never happen because a stand with a ranged ability ALWAYS has high Range; if it sticks close to its user anyway, that's its own thing, not a factor of its Range parameter.

That’s what my game is but my players don’t watch jojos so they can’t appreciate it

My villain is a grown up mannish baby as well.

If they don't know JoJo, then don't make them play in a JoJo game. It won't be fun for either them, or you since you'll feel the experience is too hollow

You see, I’m operating on thirty levels of meta right now.

They are effectively their characters in that they don’t know about the world advents and only know a little about stands.

That way they can learn about them through other ways.

It’s been fun so far, so I’m going to keep going.

>watch jojos
>watch
>jojos

Do you have an actual play? Or cliff-notes, at least?

>mannish baby
>Not a custom villian that better acts as a properly thematic opposition to Shizuku
>Not doing more with the potential for the post-MEIDO IN HEAVEN world and all the implications therein
>Not having her undergo an adventure to determine for herself what it means to be a Joestar, especially in this bizarre new world

>>Not a custom villian that better acts as a properly thematic opposition to Shizuku
>>Not doing more with the potential for the post-MEIDO IN HEAVEN world and all the implications therein
>>Not having her undergo an adventure to determine for herself what it means to be a Joestar, especially in this bizarre new world
How do you know this doesn't apply?

>Battoman

These are my playersBasically, ones a doctor, the other is a lawyer. Lawyer was found outside of a hospital cut up, doctor took him in and healed him.

Then a stand user came in after the lawyer and started attacking guards.

The stickybomb guy (doctor) kept missing (that percision C) and blew the doors off the hospital.

Lawyer hit the girls stand with his stand (power cord) and sent her flying.

Boom, Shazuka appeared (because invisibility) and decked the enemy stand user.

Shazuka refused to answer to the doctors questioning (adopted and had her parents die early). She’s adventurous (Joseph loves his stories) and a rebel.

The doctor and the lawyer went to Mc Donald’s and got something to eat and the game ended there.

Does anybody have a good image that is just that glared-out art behind them? Because that looks pretty nice.

What I’m thinking is mannish baby develops the ability to kill people even when awake making him really tough to kill, Shazuka will gain the ability to hide her mind from him enough to kick his trash

Basic idea was similar to Stardust Crusaders except it leads them across the United States in order to follow their mission from the 「Democratic Party」in California to go all the way to D.C. in order to assassinate Trump. The main plot is meant to be light hearted and just an excuse to do something. Trump is aware of the group of stand users coming for him and thus has sent several government agents as well as bribed/blackmailed civilians to stop them.
I think I've mentioned them in other threads, but one would be a reoccurring villain who's stand would seem impossibly strong with no clear weakness until they finally confront him and beat him immediately because its very physically weak and its actual ability is to manipulate memories, the 'final confrontation' with him was actually the first time they met him and he only implanted the memories of him being unstoppable to try and get them to give up

Remember not to let Shizuka steal your players' thunder. They're the ones that are supposed to have fun. Don't let her fall into the DM's darling category.

I know.

Invisibility is a great power don’t get me wrong, but the one guy has 3 infinite use sticky-bomb and the other can just connect to computer networks.

>beat him immediately
The idea is amusing and would make a neat manga chapter, but for a final baddie your players deserve something more satisfying.

Fair enough. My point was that is Shizuka is the one to beat Mannish Baby, your players can feel left out. Now, having her make the players invisible is a different thing entirely. She'd merely enable them to kick ass.
How did you plan for their Stands to interact?

He's not the final boss, Trump himself is.
How could I possibly resist having a JoJo campaign with Trump in it and not give him「The Wall」.
I used a random stand roller someone posted here and 「The Wall」ended up as a decent JoJo big bad stand, giving the user the ability to block out concepts of their choosing.

>Real world politics

That’s kinda up to them isn’t it.

But in all seriousness the doctor has a destructive stand and is a doctor (that A in learning potential though), so I’m thinking of having him get the ability to fix things as well as break them.

If I was the lawyer I’d jack in and be intel guy, especially considering it’s New York.

My biggest concern is that I just finished Jorge Joestar and I have to resist fitting Kars in places.

Do you have any names for the stands so far?

Yeah, I pretty much have everything done except for the exact way the party encounters each of the 22 stand users and even then I have a good idea of where they are and how the party encounters them. I can post all of the stand names for anons to ask about if the thread really has nothing better to do.

Yeah, that'd be nice, I always like reading through Stand names and powers. And also coming up with them.

okay, 「Pure Imagination」is the name of the memory stand I mentioned earlier, and there's obviously 「The Wall」.
The rest of the enemy stands are: 「Thrift Shop 」,「Been Everywhere」,「Ebony and Ivory」,「Cookies!」,「Toy Food」,「The Metal」,「For The Swarm」, 「Pause」,「Mambo #5」,「U Smile」,「Bloody Stream」,「Duel Madness」,「Ants Go Marching」,「Master of Puppets」,「Born to be Wild」,「8-Ton Gorilla」,「Beast of Pirate's Bay」,「Gamma Knife」, :「Master and Servant」,「All My Life」

I would like to counter point this by saying that Jotaro was the one who dealt the final blow to Kira before he got run over by an ambulance, despite him being Josuke's villain and dynamic opposition (as admitted by Kira himself saying Josuke was more dangerous than Jotaro). So even if the players get to have most of the fun laying out Mannish Baby, Shizuka finishing him shouldn't be a problem as long as they're aware.

Besides, JoJo villains always get done in by somewhat hilarious hubris so think about it from that position too.

Since we're here. What is the best suggestion for a JoJo game next to "Monsters and Other Childish Things"

Due to how high concept JoJo can be I try to use a really light Tri-Stat system myself. But I always trip over managing or limiting stand powers for player characters.

My newest concept for a JoJo game is a post Made In Heaven universe where Dio won and rules everything with an iron fist, and the player characters are Joestar/"Joestar" descendants that Dio allows to exist for his own amusement because without D4C or Jotaro, what could possibly stop him?

Also I'm just having trouble pitching a time slot that works for my group or even approaching them cause the holidays are coming and we already have intermittent games on Fridays.

I'm following a fanfic with Shizuka in Tokyo for the events of Persona 5 while dealing with the issue of Joseph passing on, its pretty good.

No one can stop 「CRAZY TALK」! Not even its User!

weird

am reading that right now and I mean right now in another tab

BREAKTHRU THE WORLD BREAKTHRU THE WORLD

So, question: Are stands based on specific songs or albums?

It's more fate-based.

After Part 3, yes.

Not based on, just named after. With the names being a sort of descriptor for what they can do sometimes.

Like White Album for example being a suit that's white and generates ice.

Not always.
Some are named after bands.
But yeah after part 3 they started being named after something music related, which is neat, but I still wish Araki would occasionally use some based on a pattern of whatever again.

>Gamma Knife

Araki names his stuff for a variety of music things - lately it's been as wide as jazz standards, electronic music and krautrock. He's also taken to naming characters after musicians, Damo being the most blatant example. They haven't got anything in particular to do with the Stand. Though sometimes it makes sense (Man In The Mirror creating pocket dimensions through mirrors where it can drag people in).

Villain stands, eh?

I had an idea for one called Gangsta’s Paradise, which would trap it’s victims in an endless white void and allow the user and whoever he has trapped to endlessly pummel said victim into submission in some kind of sub-world.

The trick to beating such a stand is to start beating on the floor, since they’re the physical part of the stand itself also first time using spoiler tags on Veeky Forums so hopefully didn’t fuck it up

Since I haven't gotten any other replied im taking that as a cue to show what I got for Gamma Knife:
Destructive Power: None
Speed: None
Range: None
Durability: D
Precision: A
Developmental Potential: D
Ability: A deck of Tarot cards that allows the user to See videos of the future within the cards about certain events, or specific times in the future. Only shows about 15 seconds clips but has no limit on use other than the deck must first be shuffled. Similar to Thoth anything that is shown is fated to be, but looking at the outcome is a bad idea as that will make the result fixed.
The encounter against the user will pretty much just be him teamed up with another of the stand users and the arena they fight in is filled with booby traps based on where he knows they'll go.

Interesting. I'd base it off the song itself, it's a pretty good song.

Is it gay to fuck your stand?

Give them some requirement to use it. Some condition that needs to be fulfilled. The best part about JJBA is making the most out of oddly restricted or strange abilities. To beat him you just deprive him of those conditions.

Yeah im not too good at naming these, if you have another name for it im all ears.

No.

Stands can even be sentient, so that covers that base

I have been holding onto a Stand idea called 「Virgin Killer 」, looks like a mummy and ages things to dust but has to grab hold of the object to do it and it's pretty physically weak

Only if it's an intelligent Stand that is similar to your own gender.

And if it's Baby Face, then it's gay AND incestuous

"Dreams Burn Down".

For people who use Mutants and Masterminds for their Jojo campaigns, how do you handle stands? I have a template I'm using as a base for them, but any suggestions/constructive criticism would be fantastic.

Stand: Subtle 2; Mental Link; Controlled, Toughness linked to user's, Immunity & Insubstantial 4 (Innate, Quirk: Visible to stand-users, Quirk: Effected by other stands) (2+1+3+23)

I actually had an idea in a similar vein when it came to a villainous stand. The stand was called「HOTEL CALIFORNIA」. It was a stand that took the shape of a shadow based hole in reality that led to a pocket dimension that was filled with a 5-star hotel. What made it a villainous stand was how the pocket dimension worked. You see, when I was but a wee babby, I heard this song and freaked the hell out at the line "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave". With this stand that very much is the case.
When you enter 「HOTEL CALIFORNIA」the sudden change in reality messes with your short term memory. You won't remember how you got to the hotel or how long its been or the fact that you were just in a Stand battle. As far as you know, you were here enjoying the hotel for a while. And what's not to enjoy? Every single desire is met here, all thanks to the wonderful staff waiting on you hand and foot. They want nothing but the best for you, after all. They want you to enjoy yourself. They want you to relax. They want you to forget. Forget worry, forget stress, forget the world outside the hotel, forget everything but the hotel and your immediate desires. Nothing will ever be as immediately gratifying as 「HOTEL CALIFORNIA」 so why leave? You should just stay here forever. And you can, all you have to do is sign on this dotted line right here and you can stay forever! .....as a member of the wait staff and a trapped slave to the stand 「HOTEL CALIFORNIA」for the rest of time. And if it can't seduce you, it will force you to join it with pain.

The User has disposed of innumerable individuals via this stand, a perfect black market 'body disposal service'. Of course, his stand's only the gate to the hotel so if he ever gets caught in a normal stand battle, he's fucked.

Just an idea for a stand that I came up with recently.
Name: Positive Contact
Destructive Power: B
Speed: C
Range: A
Precision: D
Developmental Potential: B
Ability: Automatic stand that takes the form of a computer virus. After a device is infected, it basically becomes the thing (from the john carpenter movie) except with electronics rather than living things.

Using it. Im jsut going to describe stands at random now:
「For The Swarm」
Destructive Power: A
Range: None
Durability: A
Precision: A
Developmental Potential: B
Ability: Can summon any kind of insect instantaneously anywhere inside of his own body, and control the insects inside of his body. In emergencies can explode limbs off and replace them swarms of insects. The insects cannot be ordered to leave his body.
basic idea here is for some good 'ol fashioned Jojo body horror, the party encounters him twice and after killing him he returns as a shambling mass of insects with very little human parts remaining.

Oh shit are we coming up with stand ideas because I've been sitting on this one for a bit
Name:「MASTER OF NONE」
Destructive Power: C
Range: C
Durability: C
Precision: C
Developmental Potential: C
Ability: Anyone in range of the stand user has their most developed and strongest ability lowered to the level of their least developed and weakest ability. This change effects stands and their stats as well.

Jotaro's marriage probably went south because 「Star Platinum」 is actually Jolyne's mother.

Since we're looking at Stand names, let me pitch in:
>「Harder Better Faster Stronger 」 - A "support" Stand that comes in four phases
>「Technologic」 - Tech Manipulation, user can use it to broadcast himself or his POV to devices with screens(?)
>「Daydream in Blue」 - A Hallucination/Limited Mind Control
>「Shoot to Thrill」- Similar to Emperor, unsure how different
>「Roundabout」 - Time Manipulation through music.
>「Du Hast」- Emotional Manipulation (Mostly desire and hate)

An idea I had for 「Shoot to Thrill」 was that it had the power to 'excite.' This meant both psychologically (it could get people super worked up) and in a more chemical/scientific way: it could excite the atoms/molecules of objects to make liquids evaporate, objects melt, things crumble apart, combustibles burst into flames, etc.

>「Paradise City」The stand has the ability to summon or banish things to a 10m by 10m room. while normally weak in all stats, while within the room 「Paradise City」has an A in speed, durability, Power, and Precision.

So i have been thinking this stand
Name: not decided
Power: A
Speed: B
Accuracy: C
Staying: B
Learning: E
Range: 2-3 meters
1-Can steal momentum from moving objects, including unstoppable forces, then give it to another object, the effect can apply at any time and can last for 10 minutes before it dissipates
2- whatever thing this stand punches will gain extra momentum (about three times the force applied) which can also be applied at any time within 10 minutes

Example: stand punches bad guy, bad guy falls to the floor and tries to crawl away, then the user can use that extra momentum to send bad guy flying into a wall without having to touch it

>Name:「ONE ARMED SCISSOR」
>Destructive Power: S
>Speed: D
>Range: B
>Durability: D
>Precision: A
>Developmental Potential: S
>Ability: User may cut through any string-like objects at range, making them extremely deadly at cutting as well. However, it may not manipulate them afterwards without getting cut himself.

>Name:「ATOMIZER」
>Destructive Power: F
>Speed: S
>Range: F
>Durability: A
>Precision: S
>Developmental Potential: C
>Ability: User may spray turn anything liquid into a fine vapor, and condense any tiny vapor in the air into a cohesive solid, so long as it has enough material for such. User must be touching said solid to vaporize it, and must have vaporized something to condense something.

「Don't Stop Me Now」

I see this one as being「FORCES AT WORK」- great song, by the way.

Name: Head Like a Hole
Destructive Power: E
Speed: D
Range: B
Durability: E
Precision: E
Developmental Potential: E
Ability: Disables someone’s self-preservation instincts for the next 12 hours. No good in a fight, just use it on someone and hope they get themselves killed by accident.

What is surface?

Name:「ABRA CADABRA」
Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: C
Precision: C
Developmental Potential: A
Ability: When 「ABRA CADABRA」 is summoned, all magic tricks performed within a 50ft radius suddenly become real, so long as the trick is performed correctly. For example, you can pull items from hats, levitate, and even escape chains and straight jackets. The Stand's other ability, and more direct feature, is that it can envelope a target within its robes; once covered, the item ceases to exist, until the chooses to reveal the target once more. While enveloped, the target is frozen in time, and cannot be hurt, or otherwise injured.

Here's one I threw at my party recently
「Party In Me」
>POW: C
>SPD: C
>RNG: B
>DUR: C
>PRE: A
>LRN: B
>(swarm stand)
The user can phase his hand through his body and pull out miniature stands that are copies of his internal organs. These copies then grow legs and can preform more extreme versions of their original functions. So the heart could shoot out gallons of blood like a fire hose, the stomach can produce absurdly corrosive acid, the lungs could blast out forceful gusts of wind, and his penis could be thrown like a javelin
However, if the organ clones get destroyed, their original counterparts get damaged as well, so the user could die if he lets too many parts of his stand get destroyed.
Pic related, thing that happened at the end of the fight

I like this one, thank you

「RISING CHAOS WIZARD」
Power - A
Speed - A
Range - C
Durability - B
Precision - C
Potential - D

Chaos Wizard possesses the ability to wax and wane things. It can slow cars, make runners go as fast as a train, let punches break road rollers.

It appears as a robot with red eyes in a tattered robe.

Is there a jojo RPG system?