Killbots

Blunder of the fucking set

Considering the current print quality that set is pointless anyway. The lands are gonna wrap in 6 months.
Don't be a good goym show it to Maro and refuse to buy it!

I have to agree. they managed two extra braniacs for The Big Idea, but only one pretty terrible killbot. I'm surprised they didn't manage at least two, so you could have the one terrible killbot you throw under the bus, and the one actually murdery killbot you cheat in with Mary.

Even artifact-specific support is ironically low in this set.

There is a third killbot. It just happens to be GW. And also a mythic...

that's totally normal draft-fodder Common creature

There's tonnes of black-border reprints in this set, another thing among many other disappointments.

All the local stores aren't even holding a draft for this thing. Nobody has any promos. I'm curious if the low level of Iconic Masters sales is because people are spending money on this set and not because Iconic Masters set a new bar for shit overpriced garbage.

Whatever. I'm not buying it. I might buy a pack and squirrel it away. I'm getting a couple singles for Cube and that's it. So I'll probably spend $5 on this. The game is crumbling and for some fucking reason they decided to release an Un-set.

I was planning on buying some for the lands but the poor terrible print quality if recent sets has scared me off.

Wait I understood that.

For some reason I wish these had the Relentless Rats clause.

I was unaware that one could count 'tonnes' on one hand nowadays.

>Wait, what does Cryptic Command do again?
Anything I want.

And one more.
They said 256-ish cards for a reason.

>same card but with different text
i don't even play magic and this makes me mad

What the fuck is this shit? At least it's not standard.

>there are different VCCs
HOLY SHIT

Secret Bases for each faction

Got at least one more for you on the right.

It's more than those too.

It even goes down to the commons. Prepare for MANY variants, it appears.

I love it.

Goddamnit, is this all a trick to get me to buy booster boxes?
BECAUSE IT'S WORKING

>create a deck with as many of this version as possible
>cast them all targeting each other, building up a chain
>do something.

pretty sure you can only have 4 in your deck still - there's probably way to tutor some more from outside of the game though

They brought back variant art for an UNset.

Fucking shit guys.

thought you can get as many as you get in draft/sealed...but it's unlikely you'll get more than 4 anyway....haha get it? UN-LIKELY?

This is nice but

this fucking shit is really throwing a wrench into my cube plans

Oh holy fuck
I had a feeling they would do something like this with Secret Base, but with more than that? Fucking hell.

As a TCG non-player who only buys cards to collect 'em all, this triggers me. I liked it in Innistrad but this is going too far.

this is awesome, fuck the haters

Why would anyone HATE this?
It turns what most people thought was barely an un card into the best possible Cryptic reference.
I just wonder how much of this shit there is.

>all those alternate cards

HOLY FUCK THIS REALLY IS THE BEST SET.

I hate it because I need to buy 5 copies of the same card to have the complete set in my binder.

Does this mean that these cards will appear more often? Or do cards with the same name take the same printing slot?

>I liked it in Innistrad

wut

he's referring to Tamiyo's Journal

Yeah, this was a real nice surprise for the set. Though I wonder why they didn't decide to reveal it until now, would have cleared some confusion.

Will they do the same thing for other commons? Stuff like Amateur auteur but for different planes?

Rumor a friend shared with me. What if it has all 12 effects, but you only get text for a single set of 4? Sounds cryptic to me.

there are 20 so far

WHAT IF CURIOUS KILLBOT GETS THE SAME TREATMENT AS VERY CRYPTIC COMMAND OR TARGET MINOTAUR

Some more info, no pics just yet but here's what we know. (I can't get pics, this is relayed from others)
>Beast in Show (Different beasts in the art)
>Extremely Slow Zombie (Says Braiiiinnnns across all 4 seasons)
>Garbage Elemental (Different Keyboard abilities such as Cascade)
>Kill Bots (Each Killbot has a different adjective in the card name(e.g., Curious) but otherwise identical)
>Slyspy (Different triggered abilities on each card)

this is confirmed already

what is your favorite unstable card so far?

Kindly Cognician

Artifact-matters text, at a good curve point, two (irrelevant) creature types, on an meaningful body that also is an artifact itself.

If Wizards put that much effort into every un/common we'd be good. But they don't.

>different names means that they're different cards for deckbuilding purposes, even if they're all just 2/1s for 2
So I'm guessing that any particular name is rarer than most commons, but Killbots in general are as common as any other common - instead of printing the same card X times per sheet, they printed it with a different name that many times. Which means they're technically rarer than they should be, but also aren't clogging up packs, and the only people who WANT them are the people who want them for Mary.
Interesting.

Here are the different amateur auteurs. Really love that they did this, makes these boring commons at least a little more exciting.

that is super cool

How is it supposed to kill things if its weaker than most animals? More like killedbot.

>tfw your FLGS told you yesterday that there won't be any Unstable draft
>tfw you learn today about alternate cards
I really hope they have boxes to sell or they're going to lose the F

The blunder of the set is that it's barely an un set.

This card gets printed in every single fucking set since the dawn of time.

>Cupland
MotherFUCKER

That's what makes it great.

You not liking something doesn't make it bad

...glorious.

dat flavour text
dat image that shows in actually moving!

I wonder who put the hat on it.

Well, do you guys realize that there are actually a LOT of killbots with different names in a set?

Eh, I feel like the other ability worked with the name "kitchen sink" better. Not every card needs to have no consistency.
Still, I do love this mechanic for certain cards, like secret base and very cryptic command, very flavourful there.

Is this the first time Protection has reminder text? I don't recall seeing it before and we had to settle with the DEBT mnemonic.

Protection STARTED with reminder text

True name nemesis

But that was before it settled on its current rules right?

Spike, I burst out laughing when I saw 6 phyrexian mana symbols. Runner up to Rules Lawyer.

m11 here

Reminder that brainlets don't know why protection specifies enchanted by.

technically wrong, but it has had reminder text for a very long time

Here's Novellamental

And here are the beasts. Maybe there's more variations, who knows

It is a credit to Unstable that at least 1/3 of the set looks fun to actually play with as opposed to midly chuckling and then throwing out, I never thought they could achieve that.

Okay, I'm taking my complaints about these boring functional reprints back.

Where is the difference?

Flavour text tells a short story.

It's like pottery

>Power-creeped Craw Wurms
Why is this allowed?

Still worse than current 6/6s for 4gg with trample

desu 6/6 4GG with trample should be baseline common bomb for green

Holy shit I just realized these are all beast tokens with the flavour text correlated (e.g. pic related is from )garruk vs liliana

Third is a gnarlid and forth is a dinosaur, are there tokens for them?

I spoke too soon, only the second one is a token.

There's the 4/4 beasts the rampaging baloths make, and we have 3/3 dino tokens in Ixilan.

Third one might be the thragtusk token? Not been seen for a while, and thragtusks were always a bit cheesy

>Dinosaur
Only because of errata. That's SPECIFICALLY a Tyrranax which are only on Mirrodin

amazing

You win with two copies of the right one. . You cast the first selecting draw and any other mode. Then cast the second selecting Draw and Copy. Then copy the first selecting Draw and Copy. Repeat until milled.

you lose, user. will need to double check, but it's you who is trying to draw from an empty deck who is losing, not the owner of the empty deck someone is trying to draw from

Since when is Yavimaya Wurm powercreep? 6/4 with trample for 6 at common has been a thing since at least fucking Urza's block almost 19 years ago.
I don't think something old enough to vote is power creep.

ok, no one loses, bo one wins, unless you opponent tries to draw a card.
my bad.

thats just etherium sculptor, dummy

Etherium Sculptor isn't a relevant body. 1/2 can't block for shit.

For non-expert, what's wrong with this card?

It's a vanilla 2/1 for 2, the problem is that there's a legend in the set with the special ability to swap herself and a killbot, or any 2 killbots, but that was the only printed killbot in the set.

However, given the amount of variant cards we're seeing, I suspect that there are killbot variants.

There are Killbots with different names
We haven't seen any rules differences

They do realize Christmas is a Christian holiday, right? I thought magic was trying to be more inclusive.

you do realize that a floppy red hat with a pom-pom is not part of traditional christian iconography, right?

pics or it didn't happen. the one thing these variants haven't done is change the card's name. I'd welcome multiple named cards in the same slot on the print sheet for that specific effect, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Three different Garbage Elementals

Crow storm is pretty perfect.