Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Stale memes edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for more Duncan
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=HI47d9KDifs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Chapter Approved 2017 PDF Link expires 11th Dec
sendit.cloud/ka0m7biqerze

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tears_of_the_Emperor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are some good non assault units for the Blood Angels?

I know the idea is to always be charging but im talking not hq or Elite assault units

Baal Predator?

Uh... Devastators? Predators?

When you take HQ and Elite out of the equation you're pretty much left with vanilla marines.

Nth for best terminators.

Stormravens.

This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them

ok, here's my thoughts.

19boys go with the warboss in a 'ard case battle wagon. Nobs race alongside them in the trukk. The ammo runts are there to take wounds when the truck gets blown to fuck.

2 mobs of 30 boys on foot, get teleported by the weirdboy

both squads of stormboys also race up the field, your goal is to hit as manything AT THE SAME time as possible, this will reduce return fire when your opponant needs to pull something out of combat.

Kommandos only show up when you think something else is gonna charge teh same turn, they're garbage in that low number so use them to assist or go after a backline sniper unit.

painboy and waaagh banner just stay near the blob as best they can to assist.

tankbustas ride in the big trakk, target vehicles, duh.

have fun, I did have to stretch a bit to hit 2k. Things I would do:
flesh out the stormboy units, they're cheap and good.
maybe boost the size of the nob unit? a box of nobs would help your army in general just for bits and squad leaders.
maybe duplicate the kommandos? double your chances of them making that charge

Kannons hit whatever you need them to

don't forget to have fun!

Ork player who needed help with list building here.
How's this look? Plan is to use the trukk with ghazzy, the big mek, the painboy and nob to get up close, with the battlewagons following. Tankbustas ride with the big trak, while the weirdboy deepstrikes grots for shiggles. Stormboyz go and wreak things.

Leviathan or contemptor dreadnought with guns?

>>Implying Terminators aren't trash

If you take non assault units, you should be taking things that make it easier to assault or things that protect your assaulting units.

Anyone know the match on Haywire vs Darklight against vehicles with decent invuls? It recently occurred to me after watching a game that NDKs are vehicles, which had me wondering.

How's the Harpy faring with the new nid dex? I wanna take my old fighter bomber out of its case.

>forgetting the image
God damnit.

Fuck you guys.

Is it really confirmed there’s no jump pack option for the sanguinary priest in the blood angels codex? How is an important buff unit like that supposed to keep up with your important jump pack units?

>mfw ADB's "muh chaos dindu nuffin, they good bois" line of thinking is actually gaining traction
>what is Istvaan III
CSM and traitor IG are unquestionable villains who occasionally have sympathetic motivations. They might have been good people once but are now either completely batshit or slowly becoming completely batshit.

t. Chaos player since 3rd edition and the Eye of Terror campaign

that's not Death Guard cataphractii

Deathwing are a close second for me.

Worse than an assback unless you're using it for the flamestorm cannon, which sorta has a different niche since it's D2.

Also play CSM. ABD can suck a dick.

Why aren’t dark Eldar more popular?

to be fair ADB only portrays them as occasionally sympathetic, chaos as good guys is more memery than anything else.

Where can I find MRC for Hive Tyrants?

>Chaos player since 3rd edition
What was it like having the most awesome codex in the history of 40k?

I don’t understand how chaos marines can work together.

Finished Arhiman exile. It was ok but does the series get better?

>[YouTube] Necrons - with Mat Ward (embed)

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

relax /pol/, I know you have an irrational hate boner for the guy, but ADB still realizes Chaos are the villains here

he's just trying to add depth to a setting

e.g. The Emperor loving Horus was absolutely FUCKING retarded and I'm glad they retconned that out.

Ghaz' trukk is going to get a huge target painted on it.
I'd consider cutting down some of the boyz and putting the HQ in the battlewagon

Not sure why you need two units of Grots either, you'd be better off dropping some of them and adding in some more antitank or just filling out some of the stormboyz units.

how so?

Not really. It's consistently okay. The short story anthology is pretty good.

>[wounding marines on a 2+ rerollable intensifies]

I haven’t even played a game as Tau yet but I’m building and painting my army and I just love the Riptide model. I picked Tau as a second army because I’ve always loved mechs. Everything I’ve read says they’re just garbage.

Am I wasting money and time on one at this point?

Keep in mind I do regularly play in a group of people who’d as describe as not try hards but generally play to win.

How possible is it to convert Deathwing Knights into Black Templar Terminators?

Would the robe bits fit onto regular terminator bodies and could you stick Grey Knight paladin heads onto them?

Good luck getting in to charge faggot.

We're talking aesthetics you Khornate wannabes.

A number of explanations. Some are still bound by fraternal bonds. Some see other CSM as the best path to glory. Other recognize that they need other CSM for logistical reasons.

The Emperor not loving Horus is retarded.

Nah, Gotta get that +1 attacks. It's got the 4++ of the KFF. I'm out of stormboy packs.

My real issue is he puffs Chaos up to beyond stupid levels. MoM is basically just ADB jerking off Chaos players so much that he ripped our dicks off.

Does he actually think what he writes is they way it should be or is he just pandering hardcore? I'm hopeful it's the second, otherwise he really shouldn't write anything ever again.

The old MC sprue had it. I dont know if they make them anymore

Yes and the next book Sorcerer is the best of the series. Exile was experimental at the time and French didn't have much to work with. The second novel he has more freedom, whilst in the 3rd he has slightly too much.

Broodlord.

His other books jerk off the factions they are about so idk why people think ABD is only like that for chaos

Find a flaw.

>Fighting Custodes with manlets

Scouts preferable to tacticals and assault squads for blood angels? You can take combat knives which brings em into line and you can infiltrate

it appears to be for Chaos, so that just instantly makes it garbage.

Why are Contemptors so objectively shite now?

Lol, name one other book he wrote for any other faction that said " oh and by the way [Faction X] secretly won everything forever 10000 years and nothing has ever mattered since except nobody noticed" and you might have a point. As no such book exists you don't.

I know it's reddit, but it made me chuckle
(on Hunt the Fallen Stratagem)

Did they get changed in CA?

I need some advice on what you guys think is better:
1. flamestorm cannon Baal Pred with heavy flamer sponsons (164pts)
2. heavy flamer dev squad in asscan razorback (245pts)
It's an 81 point difference, and I'm not sure if those points wouldn't be better spent somewhere else.

Generally yes. Although it's more about the strategic importance of infiltration to fuck with deep striking.

Nope. Just still shite.

the customizability was just insane. plus lash of submission produced buckets of tears

Ignore them. You'll do okay. Stick with what you like the looks of

I see it as a way to start them way upfield and get into cc to stall something or eat overwatch for another

Chaos Contemptors are pretty great now. Did loyalists not get a price cut on them?

I'd say they're pretty solid. Weapon choices are sorta meh, but hitting on 2s and a 5++ is nothing to sneeze at.

This list looks like shit.

Remove Ghazzy. I love the model but he's just too many points for what he does.
The Grots are useless too.
Your heavies are shit too.
Painboy isn't as good as he seems. Only positive side of him is he heals characters but even then it's pointless.

Make both squads of stormboyz 30 and get Boss Zug to go with them. You can probably fit a third squad to have it as a outrider detachment.

Make your tankbusters 12 models and stick them in the truck.

Make your boyz shootas. I know Orks have shit shooting but having 3 squads of 30 boyz will get you 60 shots. You can add another weirdboy and have him know warpath so you give warpath then da jump. Teleport 30 boys 9 inches from an enemy, shoot 60 shots into the second closest enemy then charge the closest one. With the new dakka dakka dakka thing you'll get statistically 6-7 extra shots and an extra couple of wounds in too. Then a 48% chance of charging the first squad. You have the chance of killing two squads in one turn with one squad.
The waaagh!!! banner won't be good if you're teleporting niggas around the field.
There's some people who swear by the kustom forcefield but I found it to be very lacking in my games. Especially when I had to teleport my guys everywhere. Give him the Shokk attack gun instead. It'll give you some extra stuff to deal with heavies. Try to see if you can add some dakkajets or mek gunz with smasher gunz as well.

People will either focus their fire on the dakkajets or mek gunz first since they assume those are the bigger threats. You Mek can repair the gunz and if they're shooting at your jets you won't need to worry about them shooting at your boyz. Line up your mek gunzs to take up as much space as possible to just make it impossible to go anywhere on the board without being hit. Advance and charge your stormboyz. You want to make turn one charges. Especially if you go turn one. The less shooting the enemy can do the better off you'll be.

>e.g. The Emperor loving Horus was absolutely FUCKING retarded and I'm glad they retconned that out.
Are the kidding, that was the main thing that gave that final fight real drama.

New HH lore is shit-in-pants AND pants-on-head retarded. It dribbles shit all over your head.

>Did loyalists not get a price cut on them?
Not that I know of. But this piss poor loadout makes two basic dreads or a venerable dread the better option nearly every single time.

Wargear maketh the motherfucker

not really, it didn't fit whatsoever in the grimdark setting and the emperor's logical characterization

oh I made a guy in a test tube, 200 years later I love him genuinely

like the fucking abomination the Emperor is would even understand love

>people I disagree with are /pol/
cmon user
I love depth, hell I enjoy the Night Lords omnibus which is one of the most humanizing portrayals of renegades out there, but after the death of Argel Tal the fanwank of Chaos in the HH books has gotten so out of control and goes against half of what I enjoyed about CSM in the first place

To be fair on him I don't think MoM would have been an easy book for anyone to write. But generally I just think he's a mid tier writer, he's obviously good enough to get published but not going to win any awards from anyone that matters. So I don't think he believes he's a brilliant writer but I don't think he's intentionally pandering either, it's just that he's a mediocre writer who knocks out a ton of books in return for a salary

The emperor loves all of humanity.

Is there any major difference between a GSC Patriarch and a Tyranid Broodlord?

Do you think anyone would care if I used a Patriarch as a Broodlord, or vice versa?

So i listened to some of the advice from the last thread and dropped the rhinos and added Sanguinary Guard and a Sanguinary Guard Ancient.

Don't be an idiot, the Emperor is posthuman and disconnected from the common man, but he isn't an unfeeling automaton. Read the Inquisition War trilogy.

>"WHEN WE CONFRONTED THE CORRUPTED, HOMIXIDAL HORUS WHO ONCE USED TO SHINE LIKE HE BRIGHTEST STAR, WHO USED TO BE OUR BELOVED FAVOURITE - WHEN THE FGATE OF THE GALAXY HUNG BY A THREAT - WERE WE NOT COMPELLED TO EXPEL ALL COMPASSION? ALL LOVE? ALL JOY? THOSE WENT AWAY. HOW ELSE COULD WE HAVE ARMOURED OURSELVES? EXISTENCE IS TORMENT, A TORMENT THAT MUST NOURISH US. EVIDENTLY WE MUST STRIVE TO BE THE FIRECE REDEEMER OF MAN, YET WHAT WILL REDEEM US?"
"Great Lord of all," whimpered Jaq, "did you know of the hydra before now?"
"NO, AND WE SHALL SURELY ACT IN DUE TIME -"
"YET SURELY WE KNEW. HOW COULD WE NOT KNOW?" "ONCE WE HAVE ANALYSED THE INFORMATION WITHIN THIS SUB-MIND OF OURS."
"HEAR THIS, JAQ DRACO: ONLY TINY PORTIONS OF US CAN HEED YOU, OTHERWISE WE NEGLECT OUT IMPERIUM, OF WHICH OUR SCRUTINY MUST NOT FALTER FOR AN INSTANT. FOR TIME DOES NOT HALT EVERYWHERE IN THE REALM OF MAN. INDEED, TIME ONLY HALTS FOR YOU."
"WE ARE AN EVER WATCHFUL LORD, ARE WE NOT? DID YOU HOPE TO GAIN OUR UNDIVIDED ATTENTION?"
"HOW ELSE SHOULD WE SOUL-BIND PSYKERS AND OVERVIEW THE WARP AND BEAM THE ASTRONOMICON BEACON AND SURIVE AND RECEIVE INFORMATION AND GRANT AUDIENCES ALL AT ONCE, UNLESS WE ARE MANY?"
"AND YET WE MISS SO MUCH, SO VERY MUCH? SUCH AS THAT WHICH GUIDED YOU HERE."
"OUR SPIRIT GUIDED YOU."
"NO: ANOTHER SPIRIT, A REFLECTION OF OUR GOODNESS WHICH WE THRUST FROM US."
"WE ARE THE ONLY SOURCE OF GOODNESS, SEVERE AND DRASTIC. THERE IS NO OTHER SOURCE OF HOPE THAN US. WE ARE AGONISINGLY ALONE."

No, they're pretty much interchangeable.

The Emperor having a personal bond with Horus and many/most of the other primarchs has been a thing for ages. The final fight has zero gravitas if the Emperor thought of Horus like a favored wrench, and it makes the whole "the Emperor held back until the last possible second, allowing Horus to wound him the process" make zero sense.
>the Emperor
>logical
He has never, ever been particularly logical. There are multiple traitor primarchs that fell as a direct reaction to the Emperor being retarded.

eh I dunno where would you draw the line of familial love? He certainly trusted and was proud of Horus and I'm pretty sure he referrers to him as a friend in the way back when

Does he though.

I kinda feel like running a spearhead detachment of dark angel hellblasters because I love me some juicy plasma.

But I'm also hyped for Blood Angels Death Company.

The Dark Angels re-roll is nice, but I could just bring a captain and chuck them all in the BA detachment. They'd lose out on the plasma strat, but they'd be a little bit more dangerous to assault (2 attacks at S4 +1 to wound isn't too shabby, not point efficient, but it will do some damage).

How possible is it to convert Deathwing Knights into Black Templar Terminators?

Would the robe bits fit onto regular terminator bodies and could you stick Grey Knight paladin heads onto them?

Assuming the emperors tears thing hasn't been reconnected than yes, he loves every loyalist human.

Customisation was beautiful, and the Lost and the Damned codex was even more fun to play than 7th R&H. Possessed especially stand out as something that's never been the same since the revised CSM codex.

However, the external balance of the codex was pretty shitty. Playing with Iron Warriors or Black Legion rules made most victories feel kinda cheap, and those are my two favourite legions.

>Black Legion rules
>in 3.5e
Spotted the liar.

>remove winged sword/feather iconography
>put some iron cross bitz on
>maybe change out the weapon arms
>put the GK terminator heads on em
it could work

>>[wounding marines on a 2+ rerollable intensifies]
You rang?

That dude in the bottom right is one of the biggest rape machines in the game

Isn't Inquisition War, like, super non-canon, and one of the Heretic Tomes?

thinking about getting into 40K , looked at the "Skitarri" and they seem pretty cool. Other then that any general advice for those looking to get into the hobby?

So obviously GKs are being thrown to the side because the Custodes will start showing up and those guys aren't manlets and are newer. So they get to be more eliter and betterer than GKs

Skitarii. And you want the Ad Mech faction.

>Assuming the emperors tears thing hasn't been reconnected
Educate me my dude

How the fuck is he even supposed to swing with those pathetic little stub arms?

He "loves" an abstract idea of humanity as a whole. He would and has murdered billions of actual living breathing human beings in order to fulfill his plans.

Robe bit is made to fit the Deathwing legs, so some shrewd cutting will be needed to work around that.

Best approach is to just take the DWK as a base like said.

>Multi-melta
>One shot

wtf

This book taught GW not to fuck with the FoC, a lesson they heeded for many years.

>general advice for those looking to get into the hobby
Stop before it's too late, invest your money in something less addictive that'll give you happier memories. Like heroine or hookers

The multi bit is what gives it range

They are canon, they were in tye Beast series.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tears_of_the_Emperor

my bad user, I was thinking of the other codex

I sure hope thats the case, GK suck ass and deserve deletion

Hive Guard box. Think they'd look decent.