Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1919: Vandread Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

How do you kill entire races anyway? Also how many of you took the Hatred Gauntlet?

Toriko-user, thankyou for the work you’ve put into Nechronica. It’s one I always take in a chain.

Jumpers! What worlds do you visit not (just) for some OTB/purchase, but because of the effort the author put in to make the place stand out in your imagination as a place you feel a want or need to spend time in?

By punching really hard.

We're talking about Vendreads, right?

No, they're trying to talk about some weebshit jump made by a subpar jumpmaker.

So we're talking about Vendreads, cool! I like ritual based archetypes

That's not exactly true. Demon energy is what makes most monsters anything. Before the succubus took over, demon energy made the real monsters (not converted mortals the succubus likes to do now) berserk, inhuman animals that were designed to genocide mortal races. Now demon energy makes them slutty monster girls who want to rape a husband. Both of these were the same demon energy it's just that the Demon Lord who sits on the throne gets to decide how demon energy works, what it does, and what monsters are like. Someone who kills her and takes her chair would get to redefine it completely, even as something as wacky and stupid as making it so demon energy just turns things into asexual clowns.

Pretty okay designs desu

Eh, I visit everything.

Woof

No, because Dragons actually retain some of their true nature as horrifying human eating monsters because they're exceptionally strong as monsters. If you purified one, they would go back to being regular ass dragons. Demonic Energy is a modifier to monsters which can make them more vicious, but monsters are still all monsters by default even without it.

Take multiversal tourist and the perks that let you bring out of jump stuff. Detonate a Halo Ring or other super weapon. Leave and have all your murder reset. Keep edgy title and other benefits.

That has more to do with the willpower and strength of the dragon monster than anything. They mentally resist the flip over in the nature of Demon Energy when the succubus took over. There's not two kinds of Demon Energy now.

>bottom right
das a nice pupper right there

they're just happy to be there with all their doggo friends

Why are dragons so cool anyway?

Six feet means fifty percent more pattering when it runs down a hallway.

That doesn't change the fact that the monster has a basic template for its mindset besides the one defined by Demonic Energy. Monsters aren't just made of the stuff, and they have a 'normal' state of being which they would return to if you purified them of DE, which is nonetheless monstrous and human eating.

Is there any difference in how this works between MGE and MGQ?

>lizard bitches
>cool

Kek

A slightly improved version.

You can really tell we don't like our jumpmakers because of things like this and the Universal Drawback Supplement.

The fact that all of their personalities changed completely with the change in Demon Energy makes it more likely that MOST aren't some strong monstrous template. Rather, the template would be the traits they had both as monsters and as monster girls. Maybe things like Dragons and Hellhounds would turn back into genocide machines, but I really doubt something like a Sea Bishop would flip out and start killing people when it's back to being an ugly fish.

Also whether a monster is made of the stuff really depends on what we're talking about. See Dark Matter.

Massively. MGQ is a completely different beast.

Vast difference. MGE is corruption where as MGQ they are basically just a race with magical dna strands filled with dark element (dark element isnt inherently bad like light isnt inherently good)

Also Vore. A lot more Vore in MGQ more than I would like.

I'm rather fond of the jumpmakers we have, both as people, and as content producers. Even if I'm not fond of the properties they alwasy choose to write about, or the ridiculous powerlevels that get talked about a lot. I made the alt-chain builder because I wasn't fond of some of the assumptions that came along with jumping, and wanted more leeway in how things worked.

I bet the Sand Worm was KC's response to all the vore in mgq, basically a "Yeah this is the only kind I'd tolerate in my setting, where she just builds you a house in her stomach"

The problem is that killing her doesn't mean you get to take her chair. If the Demon Lord went away or died, some other monster would just take over instead, making all the monsters into some new variation of awful. Imagine if a fucking Shoggoth got the thrown instead of a Succubus?

>Reminded of MGQ jump
Still can't make Doppels with the perk.

That's why you kill all the monsters, user.

You can it just takes a shitload of time depending on who you are doppeling.

Huh, really? I must have missed that part then, thanks.

Why do the men and women live on different planets again?

The gods wouldn't allow it. The monsters are supposed to thin the human population, if you killed them all off they'd just make more monsters, and they'd all be way stronger this time.

Duel Monsters: Shadow Realm and Duel Monsters: The Heroes. Both are jumps that clearly had a lot of effort put into them, taking pieces of card lore, bringing them together, and then making a setting out of it. Both are also really fun to read and make builds for as well.

It's a giant, flying, fire-breathing monster. That's awesome by itself, even ignoring the intelligent ones or the ones that can do other kinds of crazy stuff (like that one Russian dragon that can swallow the moon or sun and had its' head detached so the body and head fly separately).

what changed?

That's why you kill all the gods, user.

Speaking of MGQ I want to take Angel's Blood and the White Rabbit (Alice the 1st blood) item, is there anything that would stop me from turning into a horrible monstrosity while keeping the benefits?

Pic possibly related.

Not all the gods agree with that, which is why like half of them secretly or openly started working with the Monster Lord.

Reasons which are not nearly adequate to explain the situation, and basically amount to them thinking it was a good idea at the time.

Go ask in the community that jump's relevant in, shitter.

From what I remember, they were originally colonists sent by Earth, and then at one point or another they separated into different camps? It was long enough ago that they view each other as different species, or at least that's what I remember.

Pretty sure we have perks for that. Also, shouldn't you be asking that question in the community that jump is actually used in?

The strongest god with the biggest beat stick is the one who makes the rules and decisions though, and they all follow that one's directions when she/he isn't indisposed from getting their shit rocked.

Vore... huh. As erotic fiction, I don't care if that's someone's fetish, nobody gets hurt; but as reality, actually getting tossed there by a ROB... there's monsters who want to eat you and no matter how good it might physically feel due to magic or demonic energy or whatevs, the fact is that you're going to _die_.

The Demon Lord is powering up to kill the Head God. If you can kill her you can probably kill him too and remove that problem.

for what purpose

Nice.

>Pretty sure we have perks for that
Trying to find the perks for that

>Go ask in the community that jump's relevant in, shitter.
>Also, shouldn't you be asking that question in the community that jump is actually used in?

I asked as the thread is currently talking about MGQ and MGE and figured now was a good time to bring it up. I do not see anyone else getting told off for it.

To see elvis about a licence.

To be fair it's not in the perk or the notes it is however in a comment on the google doc.

My stance on why it takes so long but not for doppel luka is that Promestein had samples from his anscestors as well as him. Or in otherwords the body was already in development

Only out of jump perks run them by me on QQ

>Also, shouldn't you be asking that question in the community that jump is actually used in?

Yes they really should be and I have no idea why they are not. I am on QQ as I type this now. So I am just waiting on them

Yup, it does make things more dangerous

Nobody other than you is treating it as a legitimate, legal jump.

But Elvis is dead, unless someone's been doing some necromancy lately.

Added a liberty, changed the "always an import" to "always a companion" to make it more widely applicable, changed wording and fixed some grammar.

FUCKING SLIME-MOLD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Jumpers go visit alternate universe Elvis

Look, SOMETIMES its nanomachine slime mold and sometimes you stuff Elvis in a marionette replica because you think its funny!

Technically I have to accept that.

>Implying that Elvis is dead

I don't think your changes saved. the Import option looks the same as before.

Well, let's see. There's one in Classic Spyro, and one in Once Upon a Time, taking both should prevent you from being corrupted and transformed, I think? Also, in case of clashing energies, I think Duel Monsters: Shadow Realm has something for that, in the Journey of Chaos section, I believe?

They're discussing the setting, user. No one actually uses the jump here. I'm just saying, you would be better off asking that question in QQ, where the jumpmaker and others familiar with the jump could give you advice.

>Five Nights At Graceland

He may have been a king, but he's no King in the Mountain.

Are you implying Elvis is the first Hassan

Does anyone have a link to the X-Men Evolution jump WIP?

Fuck, you're right.
I'm a disgrace.

desu no one actually cares about fixing MGE, all anyone wants to do is murder a bunch of people because sex grosses them out. If you gave even half a shit, you'd just cast a spell that changed the way Demonic Energy worked to stop corruption from happening.

Monsters roaming the countryside murdering people by the truck load? Sounds like fun times, let's all go on an adventure.
A race of sexy animal people that just want to fuck? Humanity will go extinct, we have to wipe them all out.

Jumpers just want to break things, never even think about how to fix them, just want and excuse to go on a crusade and something to feel like they'rein the right afterwards.

Man, the Super Vandread was so cool. Shame they only used it like...twice, I think. Great design, though.

Congratulations for figuring out

Shut up, this is a Vandread thread, no one cares. Post robots or waifus or get out.

Everyone wants an excuse to break things, because it's the urge they're forced to suppress the most by normal society. This is also why you see so many tales of debauchery - it's just fantasizing indulging in desires people either have to repress or can't achieve.

Hey, don't lump us all together.
I don't know what MGE is, but I'd be willing to help people rather than genocide them.
What is MGE?
Magical Girl Eros?
Mega Gattai Elevator?
Micro Gun Empire?

Looks a bit Nirvash-y, who was the designer for Vandread again?

Monster girl encyclopedia.

Kanetaka Ebikawa. And nice eye, because he did the mechanical design for Eureka Seven, too.

Although Mega Gattai Elevator sounds intriguing.

>Mega Gattai Elevator
Shit, that actually sounds kinda cool.

I'm thinking a Great Glass Elevator sort of thing, where they fly up out of the buildings and join together. Mixed with Zyuohger's cube-shaped mecha.

Show about an orbital elevator that fuses with giant robots to protect megacorp space interests from ???? when?

>Mega Gattai Elevator
>that description
Damn it, now I actually want to see it.

Did you even read the MGE books?
You can't change Demonic energy It is inherently corruptive and resistant to other types of magic. Hell not even the Demon Lord 's Husband agrees with what she is doing and they fight all the time and I'm not even naming all of the problems with it.

I like monster girls as much as the next guy but if all you can do is call people prudes for not liking it then you already lost this argument

That's just Gundam 00 from the perspective of the "antagonists".

But there's a distinct lack of Gattai in 00.

>You can't change Demonic energy It is inherently corruptive and resistant to other types of magic.
You are talking about a jumper. They can just solve that problem by pouring MOAR POWER!! into the spell or using OCP purification abilities.

>If you gave even half a shit, you'd just cast a spell that changed the way Demonic Energy worked to stop corruption from happening.
As I understand it that is really fucking hard. Basically all the gods but the chief god are infected to some level.

The major issues are:
1.Corruption of Demon Energy (Best way to solve is demonic energy vaccines and something to suck out demonic energy to hopefully be repurposed somehow but this is immensely difficult)
2. Aging population with humanity population issues due to maurauding monster girls.
3. Extreme factions like Druella's group and the Fallen God whose basic goal is "fuck consequences all the husbando belong to me"

There's some gattai with mobile armors, but I see your point. No one combines with the space elevator, just is powered by it.

So if I'm reading this right you have to take on 11 restrictions to just reach (more or less) parity with how things work if you aren't using the supplement? Damn that's, really harsh given how nasty some of those restrictions are.

>It is inherently corruptive and resistant to other types of magic
Then magic it harder. You are an OCP. If you can kill the Demon Lord and purge the corruption from the land and kill the the Chief God, then you can stop at making Demonic Energy non-corruptive. Don't act like MGE somehow trumps any other fantasy setting to the point where you can't fix it, you'd be just as wrong as anyone else who's ever tried to argue the same before. Or are you going to persist in saying that Exalted Sorcery is below MGE? Or Mages from WoD?

I trained myself pretty well when it comes to mecha designs

Make it come to life
We have Gurren Lagann, we have 00, we have all kinds of mecha green pixie dust. Fucking line that shit up and smoke it and make some gattais

>So if I'm reading this right you have to take on 11 restrictions to just reach (more or less) parity with how things work if you aren't using the supplement? Damn that's, really harsh given how nasty some of those restrictions are.
Depends on how you think things work, as default.

Guys what's going on in this thread. I've been out playing Farethere City.

There are literally perks that let you fiat change how entire magic systems work. Stopping a little corruption from spreading and changing how a form of mana works is basically nothing.

Is there another one other than the one in Weakness of Beatrice?

Okay, but what if I want to get rid of all the monstergirls anyway, not because I'm offended by their sexual association but just because I think they're too boring? Like, you've got all these cool monsters, but no, they're just waifus instead. Lame. Can I forcibly transform them back to their pre-demonic energy native state, then? No killing, just transformation with associated mind warping so they don't mind. I figure if it's okay for their minds to have been warped one way, it should be acceptable to warp them back the other.

Alright I am considering making a new Chain that consists entirely of Combined Jumps.

Recommend five Combined Jumps that would make a good start for this exercise in insanity

That will end up with a lot of dead humans/incubi as they get eaten/torn to shreds in their bed

Red seduced Konata and the two got married, before going to Vegas for their honeymoon.

Good point, have to relocate them all, first. Thanks for catching that.

Not that user, but maybe I Cheat, conjoined conjures, and the one in Fate Extra and FF Type 0? You can also pick up an arbitrary number of custom magic systems in Hero BBS.

Then it is boring generic fantasy setting #290349