Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg

40KG AFTER DARK EDITION

>Fill in the survey, ask GW to make the Fellblades not worse Baneplades for 500 points more
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=HI47d9KDifs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Chapter Approved 2017 PDF Link expires 11th Dec
sendit.cloud/ka0m7biqerze

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Full LotD army when?

First for the Dark Eldar! Only fitting for the AFTER DARK thread.

3rd for being 3rd

>daily duncan
>Necrons - with Mat Ward

Jth for Best Angels

>2nd
fitting indeed.

Rate my Gunzilla list!

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Tyranids) [24 PL, 505pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Hive Fleet: Jormungandr

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [4 PL, 70pts]: Power: Catalyst

+ Heavy Support +

Biovores [2 PL, 36pts]: Biovore

Carnifexes [6 PL, 133pts]
. Carnifex: Enhanced Senses, Heavy Venom Cannon, Spore Cysts, Thresher Scythe, Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms

. Carnifex: Enhanced Senses, Heavy Venom Cannon, Spore Cysts, Thresher Scythe, Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Tyranids) [26 PL, 488pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Hive Fleet: Kronos

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [11 PL, 209pts]: Heavy Venom Cannon, Power: Psychic Scream, Power: The Horror, The Miasma Cannon, Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms, Warlord Trait: Adaptive Biology, Wings

Hive Tyrant [11 PL, 209pts]: Heavy Venom Cannon, Power: Psychic Scream, Power: The Horror, Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms, Wings

Neurothrope [4 PL, 70pts]: Power: Catalyst

++ Total: [50 PL, 993pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

7th for Ghost Warrior!

Depends entirely upon where in the hive you live. If you're in the bottom gutters there's things that live down there that'd fit in on a death world. But if you're in one of the mid or upper sections life can be okay.

Should I?

Fun Fact about the GSC Battle Force:

You can make 3 more Acolyte Hybrids/Metamorphs from all the bits.

Take the three Goliath crew and use them as autogun Neophytes. Then take three of the hunched over/genestealer head Neophytes and add the leftover Acolyte bits.

The box comes with 5 spare 32mm bases to use. If you use the Heavy weapons base you only need to find one more 25mm base. Or 3 25mms if you dont plan to use the heavy weapons team.

So if your frugal it's actually 35 minis instead of 32!

delet this

Post an ability/rule/stat change that you feel would improve your army.

Draigo making Paladins into troops again would be great.

How the fuck can GW continue to promote this shitty anti conversion decision, but then turn around and put a lieutenant in a land speeder?

Fellblade being 550 in total instead of 917.

Spore Field sporemines should be free

>Primaris marines
let us ride in normal transports

You can't show off your Primaris Marines if you don't put them on the table

Quit being a bitter scrooge. This is Veeky Forums where people help each other and work together.

Orks can loot vehicles by swapping out the faction keywords and reducing the base BS to 5+

This is neat, I fear for your ability to secure objectives. Additionally, God help you if the enemy takes Lascannons or Plasma en masse

Why do you tempt me so user? I know I should buy what I like the look of (GSC HQ are among my favourite models), but it would hurt to not play them

You posted the old models. You gotta post the new Chads or you aren't properly representing the majority of Blood Angels

Change "Death to the False Emperor" to "Chaotic Hatred" that does the same thing but the faction that the bonus applies to depends on the enemy Warlord's faction.

>looted monolith

>Orks in looted Wave Serpents
>Orks with looted Defilers

Black Rage becomes a 5+ FNP or Blood angels can use Assault Marines as troops.

Looking to do a "your dudes" stormtrooper army alongside a inquisitorial retinue. Two questions. Is one Baneblade, Valks, and ratlings WAAC in 1500pts with my stormtroopers? TWO, is there any sort of Inquisition ORDO that deals in keeping the Mechanicus and Mechanicus assets in check and under-watch?

Soon. Primaris LoTD.

Could limit it to Imperial units.

That said...

I'd personally love seeing orkified eldar stuff again. I'll never forget the time I saw a dude playing with ork bikers riding kustomized eldar jetbikes.

LoTD are the only Marines where it makes sense not to make into Primaris.

You can also use the Heavy Weapon team and icon bits to make two primaris pyskers.

how hard is it to make your own legion of the damned models? I am a cheap man

Could always freehand flames on to regular Marines.

>looted tau manta

>ITS LOO'ED
>1 CP/3CP
Use this stratagem during army selection. You may include a single Vehicle which does not have the Keyword - replace all its Faction Keywords with and , Its ballistic skill becomes 5 and it gains the following ability

Looted Weapons: Roll a d6 whenever you fire one of this model's weapons. On a 1, it fails, and this model takes a mortal wound.

This stratagem costs 3 CP if the vehicle has the TITANIC rule.

Bonus Fun Fact!:

This is the only way GW could hope to sell those awful guardsmen repacks, as no self-respecting Patriarch would be caught dead buying a box of them over the amazing regular neophytes.

I'd be impressed if it was converted well. Have it dropping a mob of Kans and Deffdreads would be entertaining.

I mean they are basically free monetary-wise and the upgrade sprue is sweet.

If he bought that Manta, he sure as hell should get to use it

Yes it's highly waacfaggy.

also yes:
Ordo Machinum - Oversees the Adeptus Mechanicus

They were never anti-conversion fuckhead, post proof they ever were and those idiots running their facebook page dont count

How is this for a Repulsor loadout?

Repulsor w/ las-talon, twin lascannons, onslaught gatling cannon, Icarus rocketpod, two krakstorm grenade lanchers, two storm bolters, auto launchers, ironhail heavy stubber

340 points

or is this better?

Repulsor w/ las-talon, twin lascannons, onslaught gatling cannon, three storm bolters, and auto launchers

330 points

I really hope the GSC codex makes them good again. This is just silly how they are right now, and even GW should be able to see that. Who knows. Maybe GSC will get a codex in the new year.

One can hope, brood brother.

After years and years of avoiding it, I'm making my first foray into Space Marines. This is my first attempt at an Iron Hands list. I think I've read and understand enough to make a somewhat coherent list. But I'd appreciate any advice even if it means a major overhaul. Thanks in advance.

IRON HANDS - 1850

++Battalion Detachment++
HQ
Captain on Bike - TH, SS, Shield Eternal 136
Librarian on Bike - Force Stave, Bolter 129

TROOPS
Scout Squadx5 - Sniper Riflex5, Camo Cloaksx5, Combi-plasma 105
Scout Squadx5 - Sniper Riflex5, Camo Cloaksx5, Combi-plasma 105
Scout Suadsx5 - Combat Knifex5, Power Sword, Shotgun 59

ELITES
Apothecary on Bike - 82
Company Veterans on Bikex3 - TCx2, SSx2, TH, Combi-plasma 165
Sternguard Veteran Squadx5 - 90

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS
Drop Pod - 85

++Vanguard Detachment++
HQ
Lieutenant - MCBoltgun, Powerfist 75

ELITES
Dreadnought - DCCW, HF, TLHF 161
Dreadnought - DCCW, HF, TLHF 161
Dreadnought - TL AC, TL LC 153
Venerable Dreadnought - TL AC, TL LC 173

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS
Drop Pod - 85
Drop Pod - 85

Total: 1849

Well on the Blood Angels Codex stream they mentioned specifically that they didn't want to put anything into the codex that they don't offer a model of.

I'm planning on outflanking a Tallarn Hellhamer with two Primaris Psykers and slingshotting 15 Kraken Genestealers and 2 Broodlords while My neophytes climb out of sewer grates and claim objectives and a Trygon runs interference.

I think they're going to do just fine.

>dat lasgun

Gets me every time

In Death Guard codex there are examples of converted models to look more like Nurgle army. What they meant is that old weird shit that is in the Index is going away.

What about the patriarch?

>Orkz
Mob Up is a general ork rule that any unit can do at the end of the movement phase.
>Blood Angels
Give some ability, stratagem, rule, something that lets you limit or punish an enemy's ability to fall back. Maybe something like "when an enemy unit falls back you can fire overwatch against them."

Taking a Magus and Primus for their rules.

The Patriarch model is going to be my Broodlord HQ, the King in Yellow, in my Kraken Battalion.

Tyranids + Astra Militarum is not Genestealer Cult.

I don't want to even ally in Tyranids or Astra Militarum at all.

I'm surprised there isn't more of that thing you suggested for Blood Angels. In 7e we had Sweeping Advance and choosing to fail LD test to stay in combat. Maybe Tau will get something like that and trigger the anti-Tau.

All marines being Primaris

I'd love to build a purely Primaris army, mainly to count as Manlet units but in truescale.

>Tau
A lot of things can work as buffs, such as simple stat changes

>Tyranids + Astra Militarum is not Genestealer Cult.
>Genestealer Cults that Replaced the local Astra regiment
>Not Genestealer cults
They are though. That's the entire point of the Brood Brothers rule. I got my neophyte hybrids, magus, and primus as well as my Guard and Nid detachment.

Some sort of penalty for falling back should have been in the main rulebook by default. Something like overwatch with melee weapons that I've seen suggested before would've been great.

I'm building a pure Primaris force of Crimson Fists, since they canonically got a huge amount of them, and are also cool.

> outflanking a Tallarn Hellhamer
Oh, baby. pic related
It would do so much to shore up their balls out offense, it would reward taking flamers, and honestly I think it should be something that any combat unit can do. It would reward combat units that don't go all out on the close combat weapons, which usually is the way to go since you can't fire your weapons in close combat.

Besides them removing options for units from the codex that were available in the index? Sure, you can still use them, but this is how they're slowly phasing out conversion opportunities over time.

>war is breaking out everywhere, heretics are amongst us all
>recruited into an experimental program, whatever, anything for The Emperor
>awake 10,000 years later
>Emperor's basically dead, we've failed him
>homeworld is completely gone
>everyone I've ever known is dead
>deploy on my first combat operation, led by Guilliman himself
>die from a stray rocket hitting our dropship
I can see primaris making great LoTD

>pic related
>forget pic
well fuck me

I'm going to try that with my extra DI models. I'm shit at converting but we'll see how it goes.
If I really fuck things up I'll just follow the 'how to paint a golden demon' video.

No, you can't even remember to post your pic,

It's meant to represent one aspect of the Genestealer Cult uprising, not be the entire army.

I'd rather play with the units that are unique to GSC, and if I feel like it complement them with a dash of AM or maybe Tyranids (I wouldn't want to do both), not make up my entire army out of those two books and have the bare minimum GSC.

That's not a GSC army.

If you ally Astra with (Tyranid) units, they cannot take a Regiment in the Astra Militarum codex, and are considered (Brood Brothers) for their regiment.

With the dramatic increase in the size of minis and speed of units over the years and editions do you think GW will ever start recommending a larger game board?

>no primaris
What are you doing?

I'm looking for some input for my space wolves army. I'm wondering which units you guys think are better in the various slots right now. I love the look of the venerable dreads with the axe/shield, but I'm worried that without the ability to transport them it will never get across the board to fight.

How do wulfen perform relative to their point cost? A 10 man squad with storm shields is over 600pts, which seems very steep.

Are grey hunters/bloodclaws worth taking over standard intecessor? What about some of the Primaris units, like Helblaster?

Right now I have plenty of troop selections with grey hunters/bloodclaws, a couple rhinos, a 5 man termie squad, 2 wolf lords, longclaws, wolf cavalry and some scouts/jump packs. Whats my best bet for my next buy?

They already recommend a 4x8 board for 2k games

Why is that Reiver wearing a Tennis Ball?

Small units of intercessors with assault bolters advancing and shooting sounds kind of decent, is it any good or is it absolute shit?

because he can

Also, how likely am I to receive my codex in the next few months? I remember back in august when blood angels and dark angels were first rumoured it was alongside space wolves, but that must not be the case now or I would have heard something new.

Preach user. I’m getting the box for one reason: I like GSC models above tyranids and guard. I’m going to run my patriarch as a patriarch (albeit with a swarm of memestealers covering him), and MAYBE include some nids. Will probably grab some guard stuff as well

Most of the time you want to stand and shoot with your shooty stuff instead of running at the enemy.

Well I'm taking a Battalion of GSC using the Insurrection Box alongside a Battalion of Nids and a Supreme Command Guard detachment.

For me it's Advent Day; they've successfully done their exactly one purpose and infiltrated enough of the planets forces to stage a coup d'etat to welcome the Star Gods.

GSC that only have the base/core kits are just a fledgling uprising and/or failing.

Well fuck me that's Brood Brothers 3.0. I bought the banekit when it was FAQ 2.0 didn't replace .

Those bastards. Welp Guessimmajusttakeafckingshadowswordliekeverysingleotherplayer.

Old weird shit like a captain on a bike?
Even Kor'sarro fucking Khan can't ride his.

They'll probably do some xenos next to mix things up then do SW+TS and release Russ.

well t''''''''''''''''''au and necrons are the next two codexes after BA and DA, and we can't have more than two non marine releases in a row so I tihnk it's pretty likely

M E M E S T E A L E R S

Guys, I love the GC aesthetic, and I want to make my IG regiment based on them
I was thinking of removing the tyranid pennants and banners and give them either IQ storm trooper heads of Elysian heads, for a tacticool army
They would be painted like the techcom guys from terminator

Where did you hear this? Last I read the first book of 2018 is Daemons.

Daemons should be next because they, like DA and BA, didn't get any updates in CA.

Captain on a bike is in the codex. Don't know what's the deal with your WS character.

totally forgot daemons even after they mentioned it on the website.
I'm just going by which armies diddn't get new points in chapter approved

Yeah, but a REAL uprising is led by a patriarch.

Why not do the chemdog thing. They look really cool

>well t''''''''''''''''''au and necrons are the next two codexes after BA and DA,
Absolutely incorrect.

Daemons are after BA and DA and there is zero confirmation of what comes after that.

J E A N S T E A L E R S

no, fuck I fucked up
I meant these guys, 80s high tech shit

>I'm just going by which armies diddn't get new points in chapter approved
This doesn't mean anything, some of the armies that got points changes in CA are just points changes that were already in the FAQs

Serious question, what is the point in palying genestealer cults? Why do you feel attached to them?
They will get absorbed by the Tyranids Hive if the planetary invasion is successfull. You are just walking biomass for the hive.

sometimes it's more about the journey rather than the destination. The aestetics are nice too.

>tfw no horny genestealer infected gf