/HHG/ - Horus Heresy General

Comfy Christmas Edition
Depressed Imperial Fists Sub Edition

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/wGZP5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best Primarch.

Pallid wych flesh can still be highlighted, whereas white scar is about as bright/white as GW paints go, so models painted with it can look a bit flat without highlights. For that reason I'd recommend pallid wych flesh for the main body of the armour, and you can still use the white scar to highlight.

From the last thread,

White Scars are more of a glossy 'normal' white that is best reproduced using a light grey then highlighting in white scar paint. I think Duncan has a good video on the warhammer tv youtube channel.

Luna Wolves are more of a pearly white colour so you might want to use effects paints for it. Tamiya make some pearl white paints if you fancy them.

Nothing wrong with doing both in white scar though, just depends what you're after.

Thank you for saving my place brother.

Building up to white from a grey or blue base makes them look cold and therefore professional, ruthless, evil etc.
Conversely buying from a bone or cream base looks warm and thus dynamic, organic, good etc.

As such I'd suggest Scars from bone and Wolves from grey. On a similar note I find the stock Wolf scheme to look very shitty and think a Cerberus style with yellow and black would look the tits, though change the colour to 'warm'.

>Abaddon out-tacticed the shit out of Russ and nearly wiped out his legion

Justify this.

> Pride in painting ability: faltering

HORUS YOU'RE TEARING ME APART

>Nothing wrong with doing both in white scar though, just depends what you're after.
Yes there is. The rest of your post is right, you only highlight with pure white. Nothing 'white' is actually white in real life.

Ulthuan Grey for a cool white. For White Scars I like some sort of ivory, highlighted with white, and then washed a bit with, not sure what I used here, browns and dark grays.

But I need to figure out if I want bright reds or bright golds. I don't think I want both - one of them will be seriously desaturated in my next try.

Hahahah, what a story Magnus.

The problem with taking a 'realistic' approach to a scheme like this is that it comes out looking like a real mess.
Sometimes I think a more stylised and cleaner approach is better on the legions with cartoonish colour schemes.

Oh hi Leman!

I see what you did there.
>you'd have us attack gate 42 head on? are you mad?
>you're just a little chicken, corax. cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep

>tfw chicken guard
>tfw cockscombs instead of helmet crests

Does chinaman have a catalogue or a site?
Curious how much he charges for MkVI.

"He" is like a dozen different outfits, mostly operating by email only. If you Google around the Veeky Forums archives I think there's a collection of links to catalogues and contact info.

Alternatively if you visit yoyhammer page on reddit you can find info there.

If you go ahead prepare to feel really nervous as you wait ages for email reply.

Also don't order around Chinese New year because they take like a full month off.

VR HH game, weird.

nTH FOR ONLY TRAITOR WHO DID NOTHING WRONG

Dem grafix.

Primarch fighting game when?

That's not argel tal.

HORUS DID NOTHING WRONG

>lobotomized retard
>space sandnig
>bald

I rest my case

Everyone knows Wiseau is actually the Emperor.

Nah, he's too smart. As we all know from BL, the Emperor is a monumental dumbass that does the wrong thing basically every time he appears in the lore, and not even Tommy Wiseau is that capable of bad decision making.

I want a Resistance style HH game, where players are primarchs, divided into loyalists and traitors, and the goal is to get a traitor primarch nominated as the warmaster.

I just want a Battlefleet Gothic game with Gloriana's & Furious Abyss class ships

I just want Titanicus, but apparently FW have forgotten all about it.

Just wait until 2024 when we get around to it.

Don't forget the Phalanx.

The what? Never heard of it mate. Sure it's not important, whatever it is.

If you mean tabletop not vidya, you know thats actually coming right?

Too OP

The old rumor was late 2018. Now some people are saying March 2018. Personally that sounds too close to the Necromunda release (which is largely by FW, despite the plastics) but it's the predominant rumor.

>want to make a RG army
>corax is a fag and they are a bunch of mutant freaks
wat do?

Do army of mutants leaded by a fag

What's the matter with corax?

i might just do blackshields with loyalist alpha legion rules. i want to infiltrate in black armor but i dont want my army to be a bunch of bug eyed weirdos.
hes a bug eyed emo kid whos gay

>hes a bug eyed emo kid whos gay
Play Night Lords

>corax is a fag

Fuck off dildo, Corax is
> best Primarch

Play Predation Fleet then, Blackshields/Traitors with Arkhas Fal, topknots and sweet shark tattoos.

i would but i already have a traitor legion
arent space sharks all bug eyed and shit?

i might do pre alpharious alpha legion/blackshields or something i guess.

Corax is fine. Loyalist primarchs don't all have to be nice guys or be always successful. Plus, Thulsa Doom haircut.

They have fun rites of war, and lots of shrouding and jump packs. Best of all, they feel right even when played as the small forces we actually put on the tabletop.

>i dont want my army to be a bunch of bug eyed weirdos.
Uh... one of the Blackshields wrought by war things was designed specifically to represent those Raptor dudes. But there weren't that many. Use the normal RG rules for non-weirdo RG.

Dont do Alpha Legion. They are bug eyes.

which legions aren't bug eyed

are they really? are there any l33t operator marines that arent weird freaks?

What does bug-eyed even mean? To me it means compound eyes and no one has those.

The Raven Guard have black eyes. The Salamanders have red eyes. That should be it for really weird eyes, right? Wait, Night Lords too maybe - or was it just Curze?

Alpha Legion are not bug eyed, they just have strange personalities. I wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote them with serpent eyes but it'd be a deliberate modification.

Emperor's Children are also potentially l33t though they think sneaking is beneath them and will only do it to show up the Alpha Legion. Ultramarines actually have a secret police force, much of which is made up of failed inductees who are halfway between human and space marine. Dark Angels are secretive (especially in their brief appearance in the novella Wolf King, which is great). White Scars have good scouts, though that isn't quite the same thing. Night Lords are sneaky but potentially bug eyed and certainly creepy. Thousand Sons have Indiana Jones-like scouts with psychic powers.

>Deliverer force
>recon company
>liberation force
>proto space sharks
Plenty of ways to do a raven guard army with out corax or similar.

>What does bug-eyed even mean?
Lurk moar

Wrong picture. This is the best primarch.

>Wait, Night Lords too maybe - or was it just Curze?
I've always thought that they had normal eyes, but without irises

What is the best way to take off paint? My friend gave me his Ahriman model for my TSons army I haven't started yet, but he caked it in black primer. I've heard Simple Green is good. What do i do? Just immerse it in the Simple Green? Some light scrubbing?

Anyone have the ruinstorm audiobook?

Fundamentally, you want a degreasing product.

LA's Totally Awesome (that's a product name) is great. Simple Green's alright but on the weaker side and make sure you've got the degreaser product, but it affects green stuff (they all might). Castrol Super Clean is more powerful but you need to limit the soak to... dunno, 6-10 hours? It's riskier. Superclean and Purple Power are basically the same stuff. I've heard some people say you can leave minis in there for days, but there's some disagreement.

Where can I find Totally Awesome? On Amazon?

Why are some the PDFs I'm finding of Black Library books using "feet" and "mile" instead of "meter" and "kilometer?" Are the lengths being edited properly?

Because some writers are Murikan and editors don't exist.

Guy Haley is American?

The British never really gave up their units. They use centimeters and miles, grams and stone, mL and gallons... it's worse than the US where we at least stick to one system.

>a monumental dumbass that does the wrong thing basically every time he appears in the lore, and not even Tommy Wiseau is that capable of bad decision making.

Have you not seen The Heresy Room?
He wants to love Horus but Horus loves others now.

>‘Your skill is great, Lucius, but just remember that there’s someone out there who can beat you.’
‘Not this lifetime,’ said Lucius.

HA

Look out Lucius, it's Captain Weeaboo
> teleports behind u

He looks like he's doing the carlton dance.

in 10,000 years we will understand the deeper meaning behind The Room

Acetone works wonders on plastic

You monster

(You) are the reason we can't have nice things
i bet you're a traitor too

This is the thanks I get for trying to help. And people wonder why we abandoned the false Emperor.

Absolute kek.
Obligatory nitpicks: Ultramarines weren't at the siege of Terra, the font is a bit small and hard to read, slightly wordy text and dense imagery making it a bit hard to immediately grasp what's going on

Will I get a waifu if I join Chaos?

No, but your soul will be consumed by god.

Will I get a waifu if I join Chaos if ADB writes my story?

One with coal black skin.

Gotta represent my not-so-sad Fists!

1. Is the Stormhawk an acceptable model to crowbar into the Heresy?
I dislike the appearance of both the Xiphon and the Lightning, so to pay silly money for something ugly seems bad.

2. Chin-cannon, more guns on the wingtips, underwing rocket launchers. Which one is that closer to.

3. Which is stronger, Xiphon or Lightning? Raven Guard Recon Company for reference. Current Spartan solution is infiltrating Quad-Rapiers and a few GravSpeeders.

The lightning is more versatile in terms of load-out (and Kraken Penetrators will kill anything if you fire the entire payload at once), but I suspect that the Xiphon is better long term, because none of its weapons have limited ammunition.

Using bits entirely from the kit, you can work the Stormhawk into a passable Lightning and equip it WYSIWYG too (fixed TL Lascannon, options for at least one TL Autocannon, as well as missiles). To my understanding, a Voss-Lightning is wider by maybe half an inch on each side, but it's not like smaller Lightnings haven't existed. As long as you and/or your opponent aren't cunts, there should be no problems regarding size. Xiphon may be a bit tougher due to the armament, but with some bits and creativity you can probably pull it off.

I personally prefer Lightnings for their cost comparative to what they bring to the table. Xiphons are better overall, but they cost more and will draw even more attention.

Excellent model but why no ccw?

Amazing work user!

You think the Stormhawk is less ugly than the Xiphon and Lightning? Get out of here.

The IW just looks like he's fainting, but the Leviathan looks boss.

I'm ashamed, i thought i was good but truth is i'm still a noob in battle damage
oh ye mighty, share thine methods

Rolled 3 (1d20)

nice freehands, but FW has (heftily priced) transfer sheets for sallies.

I think the Nephilim/Dark Talon generally works better, and the XIX can actually get away with the wings on the wings.

Silly, user, your opponent cannot close combat if you are behind big walls.

The flames are great! You just need some highlighting and shading.

T-that's just an Alpha Legionnaire during the battle of Pluto...

Don't lie, user, that Iron Warrior is just playing dead until the Leviathan walks over him, allowing an ambush shot up into the Dreadnought's unprotected groin.

Truly Iron Within to show the importance of Iron Without.

> Nephilim as Lightnings
> Stormhawks as Xiphon
> Stormraven + Card as Storm Eagle
> Fire Raptor from the shop because it's gorgeous

Seems like a good way to go in.
Also, everyone see imgur.com/gallery/wGZP5 for a nice how-to on the Storm Eagle, now that Chapterhouse is dead and buried,

>Nephilim/Dark Talon ever
Literally the ugliest Imperial aircraft

Oh, the arms are magnetized, don't you worry. :D

> Tarantulae, Storm Eagles, Lightnings, Xiphon, Javelins and Land Speeders are ALL from the same slot
> No Rite of War fixes this

Sky Hunter Phalanx to be updated please. Sky-Slayers and Javelins move to Elite slot. Lightnings move to Heavy.
Make it the aerial equivalent of Armoured Breakthrough and I'd buy it every time.

Eh, you can't see his blown-open chest from this angle. :)

Hi there.

Didn't stop me. ;D

Lookin' mean, my friend!