Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Is it Hellbrute or Helbrute? Edition.

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for plastic Primaris Marines
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=HI47d9KDifs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Chapter Approved 2017 PDF Link expires 11th Dec
sendit.cloud/ka0m7biqerze

First for killing xenos

1st for Abby is retarded

2nd for Chaos Marines and Harmless the Armless being mental midgets

that op pic is cancer

is magnus smart enough to find rick and morty funny?

Shooty Plague Marines, Stabby Plague Marines or Poxwalkers for troops?

What's best for anti-tank in a Death Guard link? Plagueburst crawler? Blight Hauler? Terminators? Predators/Land raiders?

He's not a brain dead moron, so he will find it boring and annoying trite further ruined by a retarded fanbase of smug twats.

Venture Brothers for life.

Three plague Roombas, three Drones with mowers, DP with Plate.

>harmless the armless

Bad. Its Armless the Harmless.

Same with 'Kill Maim Burn', which is wrong. Its 'Maim Kill Burn'.

Get your shit together GW.

he'd be on the writing staff if he hadnt stepped down to make room for a funnier grll

To the guy who asked a couple threads ago, if you're still here.

Yep, the Spiritstone Red is how I do the glossy red. The reason I don't use Tamiya Clear Red or FW Angron Red is because I don't have access to those paints or to an airbrush. The Spiritstone Red was pretty much the best I had to work with.

I thin it down with water and give the model two coats, then shade them with thinned Carroburg Crimson and then give one final coat of thinned-down Spiritstone Red. If you do a thicc layer of it, the gemstone paints start to distort and split, which looks ugly. And even after those three coats, you still need to seal it in with 'ardcoat because they peel off easily, but it looks great imo, so it's all good.

I got some new curtains, Veeky Forums.

No, he hates it, but only because Mortarion is a fan.

>‘You cannot have lived all of these centuries and seen nothing of the truth, Sigismund. The Imperium is ours. We fought for it. We built it with blood and sweat and wrath. We forged it with the worlds we took. The empire is built upon foundations of our brothers’ bones.’

----------------

>‘We didn’t rebel out of petty spite, Sigismund. We rebelled because our lord and master played us false. We were useful tools to bring the galaxy to heel, but He would have cleansed us from the Imperium the way He purged the Thunder Legion before us, wiping us all from history like excrement from His golden boots.’

Abaddon is right. The Imperium belongs to the marines who built it with their blood and grit. The Emperor trying to hand it to sheeple humans is the greatesr injustice. This is why I am Black Legion!

>OP pic

>Want to prime some models today
>City is on fire

great

why not, "I am a Dreadnought Morty, I turned myself into Dreadnought" Edition?

>Troops
5 Plague Marines with 2 Blight Launchers. 105 points, satisfying oomph, decent survivability. If you have Typhus, one or two blobs of Poxwalkers can't hurt either.
I'm currently tinkering with Autogun-Cultists, because those Autoguns look pretty decent with Inexorable Advance.

Anti-Tank: Roombas in packs of 3. Shoot like 3 Helbrutes with MM/ML and provide support. Meltagun-Plague Marines are way too expensive, but Plasma-Terminators could be worth it.

Start playing with Night Lords, they're the best legion.

>want to prime some models this year
>it's not going to be warm enough out to not freeze the paint
great

I'll trade you, fucking 21 degrees for the high today and it only goes colder from here. Hopefully you get them done soon though!

Black Legion is best. It is a Legion forged in brotherhood and respect among equals.

The Chaos Space Marines who wage the Long War are true masters of humanity, they hold on to their memories, emotions and hate after all these years while the modern Space Marine is chemically castrated and indoctrinated cattle.

Well jokes on him because he's just a pawn of the Chaos gods.

Apparently Abaddon is based as fuck

Lol you don't even play and Abaddon would kill you for being a worthless blabber hole.

>Billions of Solar Auxilia accompanied them and held planets
>WE DID THIS REEEEEEE

I've got 20 Plague Marines at the moment, 8 Blight Launchers, 8 Bolters and 4 Plasma Guns.

Considering getting another box so I can build 2 Blight Launchers and 5 Bolters so that I end up with 10 Blight Launchers and 15 Bolters so that I can do that. Plasma is a bit meh I think sadly.

Daily reminder that chaosfags are short-sighted and selfish brainlets who degrade themselves without dignity just to spite others.

You can choose to incorporate *one* rule from another game into 40k. What rule do you include?

Hardmode: Not related to turn structure (ex: alternating activations, AROs, etc).

Not pictured: that guy's second leaving him to be slaughtered by loyalists.

Uppity, entitled faggots. Did they expect to rule over humanity at the end of it all?

>thralls of a panoply of hateful gods bent on the destruction and enslavement of all humanity
>We ArE tHe ReAl GoOd GuYs

>respect among equals
>standing around waiting to be murdered by Angron so Abby can try & get a shred of glory

The greatest problem with that is that the Long War is not much about the traitor legions x the Emperor, but Chaos x the Emperor.
The vast majority of them, including the Black Legion, are just usefull idiots.

>all these disgusting heretics in this thread

>Open bathroom window
>Turn on fan
>Put on paintmask
>Spray into a cardboard box
>Leave room until minis are dry and air has vented
It's how you have to do it in Canada for 5 months of the year.

If you just want Bolters and Blight Launchers, I assume you want to go for the ETB box, right?

Rolling for turn order

Fandoms ruin everything (pic related)

Many of them rebelled too.

That's why he set his town on fire

Piss off Crudd. Don't be mad because your pet chapter is getting BTFO by Nids.

Man with all those bike HQs and such dropped in the codex, how is a beginner supposed to make a good white scars force?
Hell straight up no way to run biker lieutenants

Use the index for whatever is missing.

Also the Admech built all their shit, wrecked a not insignificant quantity of face themselves, did the vast majority of the building of worlds and starships and helped manage the geneseed.

The highest estimate for Marine numbers back then was what, two million? Plus the Imperium was probably bigger than the "million worlds" of today because they've been picked at for ten millenia. The Ordo Reductor did the jobs the Marines couldn't, not even with the Primarchs in charge, and they were lauded for it. The Imperium could probably have been forged without the Legiones Astartes just fine, and even if it was bloodier it would probably have lasted a hell of a lot longer.

Beginners shouldn't be forced to have to struggle to put together kitbashed models.

But did they walk around for 10,000 years autistically screaming that they built all this and should rule it? I mean probably, but more because they were just regular dudes influenced by the Chaosgods. Abaddon here makes it sound like he's the good guy here, like he has any legitimization, when in reality it was Big e who made him into what he is. But I guess ol' Abaddon can't compute Soldier =/= Ruler

>spend months trawling the ebays and the Amazons for a particular model
>find only 4 of the 10 I need
>can't convert it, it's too beautiful
>recasts won't work, it's resin
>gf calls me worried she got me the wrong Christmas gift because she doesn't into 40k at all
>she found another 4 models exactly the type I need

Pic related. Had to share.

All the songs make sense now.

I play DE and GSC. I was joking

>Finished pinning Penitent Engine
>Still terribly anxious that it’ll fall apart even though it held together when it fell off my desk
Help

Well, it's not like the Biker HQs are illegal. You can still play them via Index. The thing about the Lieutenant is a shame, though.

Cover in hot glue

>having a gf

You mean the 1 with 3 marines? I need more Botlers than that.

I've got 1 Blight Launcher bit from my Terminators which works just fine on Plague Marines, that with the Plague Marines themselves should give me 2 BL.

>Hammer is used to build a bridge
>the brigdge belongs to the Hammer

Why are marinefags so retarded?

White scars NPC chapter confirmed

pathetic right?

who needs girls when you got plastic crack

Stop

If you lose sight of what you are fighting for you are undeserving of the gene-seed that makes you what you are.

She's a keeper.

>when you have a gf who gives you plastic crack

Disregard women, aquire plastic crack

What is life like for cultists and servants of the black legion? If they truly care as much as they do for the imperium they built, then shouldn't thry care for the humans who live in it?

They look sweet. Are they cyborgs or just guys with bizarre helmets though?

>Tfw the only way to get aberrants is in a $200 box that only has 3

>‘You do not just mean forming a new warband. You mean a new Legion. A new war.’

>His gaze never left mine. I felt it holding my eyes to his, felt the ambitious heat of fevered thoughts.

>‘A new war,’ he agreed. ‘The real war. We were born for battle, Khayon. We were made to conquer the galaxy, not to rot here in Hell and die upon our brothers’ blades. Who are the architects of the Imperium? Who fought to purge its territory of aliens and expand its borders? Who brought rebellious worlds to heel and slaughtered those who refused the light of progress? Who walked from one side of the galaxy to the other, marking their passage in a trail of traitorous dead? This is our Imperium. Built across the worlds we burned, over bones we broke, with the blood we shed.’

>What stunned me most was not his passion, nor even his ambition, though both were breathtaking in their scope. No, what stunned me more than anything else was his motive. I had expected a failure’s bitterness, not a champion’s idealism. He did not want vengeance, whether it was petty or ultimately justified. He wanted what was ours by right. He wanted to shape the Imperium’s future.

>‘You see it, too,’ he said, baring his teeth in a snarling grin. Like the rest of the Justaerin, his teeth were engraved with Cthonian runes of fortitude and resolve. They seemed very apt all of a sudden, in the smile of a pilgrim returning to his people to become a crusader. ‘You feel it now, don’t you?’

>‘A new war,’ I said slowly, softly. ‘One not born of bitterness nor founded on revenge.’

The soldiers who built their nation should have a say on how it's run or else they have fought for another man's nation.

Is Man not entitled to the sweat of their own brow?
No! Says the Ecclesiarchy, it belongs to God!
No! Says the Corpse Emperor, it belongs to petty nobles!
No! Says the Mechanicum, it belongs to the Omnissiah
I rejected the answers. I chose something different, I chose... Chaos.

I believe they are as human as the next imperial citizen.

The armor is literally just 42nd millennium plate mail.

Now you know how the Raven Guard have been feeling since fucking forever.
>be 'the' Jump Pack chapter
>can't take Jump Command Squads
>can't take Jump Honour Guard
>have to seethe with envy every time the Blood Angels fly past
Now the White Scars have to do the same with the Ravenwing

Looks like the GSC has it all covered, they have the Space Marines surrounded, theres no way they could los-
>Single Flyer in the pic
GG Genestealers, no re

for a brief moment I had a glimmer of hope that the da warlord trait that lets them snipe characters would finally be an answer to bobby g, and then realised it was just another shit trait to add to the pile of garbage that isn't ultramarines.

kinda tired of gw playing favorites this hard.

They treat them like shit and leave them behind to be massacred after a battle if they don't do it themselves

Will that stop my anxiety?

The box is like $150, you get 4, and you can buy the off ebay for like $35.

They're still basically a set of 4 monopose, and you need 2 sets to run a unit of just picks or hammers. They need a plastic kit with some gnarly mining weapons.

>the only way to get aberrants
You just need to get gud.

>I've got 1 Blight Launcher bit from my Terminators which works just fine on Plague Marines
Okay, hadn't even considered that, because I immediately used that on my Termie squad

>Abaddon here makes it sound like he's the good guy here, like he has any legitimization, when in reality it was Big e who made him into what he is.
I think he's in denial and trying to justify his war.
I don't think the HH Abaddon did really cared about that at all, at least not in the begining.

Feel like the order should be muddled with there.

>no, Says the functionary. It belongs to the imperium.
>no, says the techpriest. It belongs to the commission.
>no, says the ecclesiarch. It belongs to the emperor.

Yeah, these guys are a fucking gold mine for conversions.

Oh is that how a jackhammer sounds in 40k?
Cool

Marines are tools, expensive tools but no different than a lasgun or rhino

GSC WHEN? Maybe since we get a Christmas box we get soon.

>Soldiers
>build anything
Slodiers are killers, they kill.
Buildiers build stuff.

>Horus is in total command of the Imperial military and has leave to speak with the Emperor's voice
>"We had no say in anything WAAAAAH"
What a brainlet.

Would I be able to summon demons even if the points don't add up for min. squad size? Like 35 pts. left and summon 5 Bloodletters? Or one pink horror and several brimstones?

It goes both ways, genestealer miner cultists are the ONLY way to get chaos cultists with flamers, heavy stubbers or shotguns.

Can I get a shop of armless horus with a brainlet face?

>Leaving out how Siggy absolutely blows Abaddon the fuck out verbally and still wounds him desoite being old and Abby's Chaos Hax.

>Joe Schmuck gets sent into a war by his king
>ayo, I should work on taxation and maybe transportation within the kingdom! What, that's someone elses job? FUCK YOU KING!

So the marines were effectively slaves that would eventually outlive their usefulness? They were right to rebel then if the alternative was extinction.

Why doesn't the Admech have access to all of the Imperium's vehicles? We built and maintain everything, from Rhinos to Chimeras to Titans. Yet we can't even use any of them. Wtf GW?

It was a ruse. While Horus was crusading, the Emperor plotted his downfall and of all the legions. The Great Powers showed this to Horus.

>Single Flyer in the pic
>THEY'RE FIRING KRAK MISSILES

You know you can get plastic girls now, right?

That motive just plain doesn't fit with chaos marines though. In the slightest, frankly. If he led the black legion to break with the dark powers it'd fit, but even then chaos isn't really depicted as something you can just walk away from.

So was I.

>unable to even conceive of fighting for something other than yourself

How old are you?

The admech see those vehicles as their own children. You wouldn't try to get inside your own daughter would you?

They turn into marines knowing they had an obsolation date.

There is no way to defend the Heresy outside of absolute retardation