Serious question Veeky Forums

Did any of you ever have to deal with serious losses and how did you deal with it?

I used to promote verge here non-stop and had some 125K XVG.Then everything got stolen during the coinpouch hack, right before it mooned - losing tens of thousands of dollars.

The last month has been horrible and i've basically been sitting here staring at my screen... can't watch movies anymore, dont enjoy music anymore, havent even fapped for weeks. With each cent it moves up, something inside me turns darker. It's like i'm totally empty inside.

Seriously, how the fuck do you guys cope with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nHWGaxxim5g
investopedia.com/terms/u/unrealizedgain.asp
news.bitcoin.com/pros-and-cons-on-bitcoin-block-pruning/
blog.infura.io/infura-ethereum-blockchain-infrastructure-e91d4814ddab
steemit.com/eos/@eosio/eos-io-technical-white-paper#governance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop being a bitch and get over it, theres more opputunities than one shit coin

get some UFR / BBT (id advise UFR), its going to moon to 100m cap atleast, shill it for attention then you can feel good about you again when you've recovered

gl user

I had a bitcoin in cold storage from 2013-2016 (bought at $120), I bought even more bitcoin during that those years to sustain my weed addiction (2014-2016), I spend too much on weed and got into financial problems due to unexpected costs, I needed money fast and decided to sell things but it took too long and I decided to trigger the emergency fund - bitcoin. I sold it for about 400$ in 2016 with the intention of buying it back later when I sold enough stuff, those few weeks after selling it it rose to 600$ and I decided to wait for it to come back again because I didn't want to lower my bitcoin this way. It rose and rose until it reached a 1000$ in 2017, I got so sick seeing the price that I stopped looking at the price for a year (I also became broke during early 2017 and quit weed). Sadly through different sources I became aware of the extremely high price, this broke me mentally, made me felt hopeless and a retard, I couldn't enjoy anything anymore just like you. The whole year was a process of mentally letting go, like letting go of a loved one. Accepting that I couldn't change it.

Just when I finally came to terms with it (after more than a year) and I could look at the bitcoin price without getting heart palpilations (mid December 2017) I looked into some old wallets and I found out that I had 4K$ in reddcoin, blackcoin, nxt and cloakcoin. Now I feel alive again, the past year has been terrible but I feel that 2018 is going to be my year, I'm healthier in mind and body and I invested 3.5k$ into multiple coins that hopefully will put me over the 10-20k in 2018. Finally my life is taking a turn for the better.

To make a long story short; don't lose hope user. I was extremely depressed for years and now all of a sudden a miracle happened in my life and I am given the tools to better my life. Totally out of the blue.

The sooner you continue and let the things rest that you can't change the better. Sometimes you have to let things go in life.

I don't shill dumbass no name coins so I don't get fuggin hacked.

HAHAHAHAH That is what you get for spamming a fucking scam pajeet

Had a similar feeling after I saw my first mistake.

Sold XLM much too early, and would've made 200k usd more if I just stuck with what I believed about lumen a week more, instead of caving in to my emotional judgment of the situation.

Similar situations repeated about 5 times.

They still happen, but the initial feeling of being dead inside is less and less impactful. It's still there, but I've got used to id. Took my lessons and implemented corrections.

All profits I've could've made and didn't because of those mistakes of mine I've always regained back.

was a pro poker player for years. immune to pain.

btw that coinpouch hack was undoubtedly done by insiders that went on to manipulate xvg price. wasnt a coincidence.

I locked about $20k of LTC away in a non-functional wallet. I didn't /need/ the money, but it stings, because I'm poor.

I got over it eventually, but it would have been nice not to struggle these past few months. You'll get over it too. If you never really needed the money, you can regard it as-if it never existed. If you did, well, you're playing the wrong game I guess.

>selling an IBM backed token
good idea

move on dude. losses happen.
had 2.7mil XVG and slowly sold almost all of it before it hit 800sats expecting the dump. missing out on a good few 100k's because of it now.

Just know you can make it all back and much more in 2018

>5679090

Thanks for sharing anons. I might give it another go and invest a few hundred dollars again.... sigh, it's all so fucking tiresome.

I have these suspecions too... the timing of it is just too much of a coincidence.

I was a cryptonoob and was about to buy XRP for 25 cents on December 11th, but was afraid of using shapeshift. FUCK ME SIDEWAYS

I got fucked over by ethermon. Lost a months work.

i turned $280 into $1100 (neetfag) in a few weeks of just chasing pumps like a retard. my point is that you can easily make it back and keep doubling what you invested with the right calls. that majorly sucks that you lost so much but there are tons of opportunities as the other anons said, keep it up

ya i lost 15k last week panic selling eth, but life goes on faggot, get back on the horse you'll make it, you could have cancer right now instead

There is no other thing that can make you so much money.

This is an opportunity will never happen again most likely.

>I'm healthier in mind and body and I invested 3.5k$ into multiple coins that hopefully will put me over the 10-20k in 2018.

market is probably gonna crash within a 2 months user. We're in a massive bubble. The blue chips (btc, ltc, eth) look like they have burned all their fuel. Once the alts burn all their fuel it's GG.

are you fucking retarded lol

>Sold XLM much too early, and would've made 200k usd more if I just stuck with what I believed about lumen a week more, instead of caving in to my emotional judgment of the situation.

That's not the right way to think about these situation. You have a risk profile and you made money following your risk profile.

Coins went up on pure speculation that real-world adoption is right around the corner... which it is. Which is when we'll really boom, once we sort the winners from the losers.

>are you fucking retarded lol

Look at the signs. The entire market was built on SPECULATION. In 2017 it started because of the Japan Legalization of BTC, following by the speculation on hard-forks and futures trading. No Crypto has actually proved to be valuable. No way Wall Street will touch this shit with a 10 foot pole. Once all the pumps are done and normies realize they are bag holder, the market will crash.

>real-world adoption is right around the corner... which it is

Gimme use case scenarios for Crypto?

All the ICOs are Vaporware.

BTC is not user friendly. If I lose my wallet ID, there is no tech support for help. It'll never be mainstream even if they fix the scalability issues.

If you had 5 BTC in June, you'd also have 5 BCH.

This is what i fear most. A few months ago, xvg was in a rather unique position. I recognized it as such and invested a few hundred. The plan worked like a charm, and then when i literally had 40K in my hands, everything vaporized by the coinpouch hack. It's just fucking horrible all around.

I've done my homework again the last 2 weeks, and so far i haven't come across anything like it. There are a few undervalued coins out there, but none will perform as xvg did.

I don't think i'll stand to gain as much as i would have done with xvg, before the bubble bursts.

"its yaa verge boy" recommended buying burst coin, i threw down 600 and ive lost 300 already XD

If you have such exceptional research abilities, you'll recoup your losses. Succumbing to depressions will just stop you.

Perhaps try meditation? By meditation, I mean sitting down and not thinking about anything for 30 minutes. If obsessive thoughts try to take hold of you, you actively try to escape their stranglehold.

youtube.com/watch?v=nHWGaxxim5g
Could something like this work? It's a question, I'm noob to this stuff but it looked cool as hell.

I got in to Bitcoin back when it was FOTM timewaster on /g/. I tried mining but it wasn't profitable because BTC wasn't even worth fractions of a cent. There were websites literally giving them out for free back then. I think I might've had a few BTC.

I disregarded it as an actual waste of time which doesn't really bother me, but what was really stupid was that I didn't bother keeping the wallet somewhere safe. I had some coins on a mining pool which probably got stolen by whoever took over it, and some on a wallet that must've been formatted/lost on a HDD that died at some point.

It then started mooning, and my next mistake was falling for the sunk cost fallacy. I didn't make it at the very start so I assumed there was nothing more to be gained. It was painful watching the thread spam on /g/ with the price going from cents to dollars to hundreds of dollars. At some point Veeky Forums was made and I was happy to stop getting reminders of all the money I missed out on. Funny that I'd end up here some years later.

I rationalise the whole experience as a very expensive lesson.

>Gimme use case scenarios for Crypto?

Trustless computing basically

>coinpouch hack
>before the bubble bursts.

See this is the real problem of crypto. It's not just making your money but getting it out. You are exposed to hacks (which may not even be hacks but the exchange stealing from you), shutdowns during high volume trading, etc.

if BTC crashes, how will people get their money off these exchanges. Most of the shitty coins are on btc-alt exchange, correct? so they would need to sell the alt for btc then manually send the funds back to a fiat-btc exchange and then sell btc for fiat. Is my logic accurate? By then BTC might be worthless and they lost all their funds.

I have a feeling a lot of people on here, the ones shilling their 2018 lambo alt dreams, are going to be committing sudoku when they lose everything.

For full disclosure, I have an MBA and my experience during Bain & Company case studies really helps in analyzing these coins and markets.

1. What is the value add of using that blockchain solution to the consumer? From their point of view, it's the exact same as ApplyPay. So why would a consumer want to switch?

2. Depends on their technology because blockchain requires a record of all the transaction history. So your cell phone will eventually have a 50gb+ file storing all transaction history to make a payment. Does that sound good?

3. What happens if they lose their wallet key. With decentralized blockchain there is no way to get it back vs a bank they can call and tech support will reset the password. The trustless system goes both ways. It stops companies from screwing with your funds but it also stops companies from helping you. Most normies want continence and are willing to trade that for trust.

I could go on about the lightning network but it's all snake oil.

Thanks mate. I'll give it a try.

Burst comes closest to were verge was just a few months ago tho. It shows many similarities and can be considered very undervalued. It's an interesting position. Thanks for mentioning it user, i might even buy into it.

I had 30k $ in btc now I have 20k.
I realized that I actually never had the money in the first place nor do I have it now - as long as I don't cash out.

Anything could have happend with it when I had it, it could become worth more or less - only because the numbers said I "had" or "have" XXX$ doesn't mean that it was true,

It's true when it's on your bank account, everything else is just your imagination. Might aswell get pissed that you didn't play the lottery because you "could have hit the jackpot"

>I realized that I actually never had the money in the first place nor do I have it now - as long as I don't cash out.

the term you are looking for is unrealized gain (or loss).

investopedia.com/terms/u/unrealizedgain.asp

you're welcome user.

Do you actually believe any of that or are you just spreading fud?

This why you learn to trade / have a job or skill so you aren't fucked.

Are the type of person that build that wealth again or someone who got lucky once? Why not contact the xvg devs and see if they can help you.

> 2. Depends on their technology because blockchain requires a record of all the transaction history. So your cell phone will eventually have a 50gb+ file storing all transaction history to make a payment. Does that sound good?

This is evidence you don’t know shit about the blockchain or cryptos. Kys faggot. Take your Jewish tricks elsewhere.

I sold 5k IOTA @ $0.30. Entire portfolio is worth $2500, could have been $30k. At first it hurt a lot seeing it hit $6 but it barely bothers me now. Also lost around $1300 on LINK and when I sold most of my stack to chase another coin it mooned. Shit happens.

I have so much chronic pain anyways, its really just a drop in the bucket

>Do you actually believe any of that or are you just spreading fud?

disprove what I said or gtfo. It's not fud and only the tip of the iceberg with the problems with crypto.

Another user said that Elon Musk invented PayPal. If there was a future in crypto fintech, you would have seen him launch another company. Or companies like Apple or Google come out with their own technology.

The realty is we are 9 years into crypto and so far the one legit use case was Silk Road.

>1. What is the value add of using that blockchain solution to the consumer? From their point of view, it's the exact same as ApplyPay. So why would a consumer want to switch?

non-reliance on a single political entity to provide a service. If Apple turned evil somehow, the service would still be provided due to other entities keeping things working.

>2. Depends on their technology because blockchain requires a record of all the transaction history. So your cell phone will eventually have a 50gb+ file storing all transaction history to make a payment. Does that sound good?

Pruning.
news.bitcoin.com/pros-and-cons-on-bitcoin-block-pruning/

Bridges like infura.
blog.infura.io/infura-ethereum-blockchain-infrastructure-e91d4814ddab

>3. What happens if they lose their wallet key. With decentralized blockchain there is no way to get it back vs a bank they can call and tech support will reset the password. The trustless system goes both ways. It stops companies from screwing with your funds but it also stops companies from helping you. Most normies want continence and are willing to trade that for trust.

EOS has a solution to this, which is also implemented in it's predecessor, steem.
>steemit.com/eos/@eosio/eos-io-technical-white-paper#governance
>Recovery from Stolen Keys
>The EOS.IO software provides users a way to restore control of their account when their keys are stolen. An account owner can use any owner key that was active in the last 30 days along with approval from their designated account recovery partner to reset the owner key on their account. The account recovery partner cannot reset control of the account without the help of the owner.

we've done so mate. But apparently the "vergefam" is too busy sipping champagne and celebrating their gains on twitter. In the meanwhile, coinpouch has remained absolutely silent the last few weeks.

The money is all gone, i've excepted that.

>1. What is the value add of using that blockchain solution to the consumer? From their point of view, it's the exact same as ApplyPay. So why would a consumer want to switch?

Fixed monetary suppy and a decentralized database storing your funds.

Lessons like you guys are posting guided my strategy once I got in in July this year. I knew I needed to hit it hard so I wouldn’t live with regret. I’ve turned 20k into 80k so far but I have some regret still. Basically invest and you’ll always have some regret. Maybe not to the level that the early btc peopl

>non-reliance on a single political entity to provide a service

Marketing 101 - Market Segmentation. (Google it if you are unaware of this term).

Non-reliance on a political entity, that's great, you will have 100% of the libertarian marketshare. Which is 2m voters in America based on Ron Paul's 2012 election run. Niche.

>Pruning

>Before a user can start to prune the Bitcoin blockchain, they will still need to download the entire transaction history up to that point, after which the reduction in storage can begin.

At the current block size of 1mb per block, block pruning would take up 550MB of hard disk space, compared to 40GB and counting

>EOS has a solution to this, which is also implemented in it's predecessor, steem.

That doesn't address what I said. I said if a person LOSES their keys, not gets them stolen and wants to change the stolen keys.

No decentralized crypto can help a person if they lose their key, seed, w/e because they are decentralized an entity can't go in and change the data to reset the key, like a traditional bank can.

Get on tradingview with your $300. You'll make it all back

>Fixed monetary suppy

Which will result in hodl, no liquidity, ultimately puts a cap on the maximum asset price n a society; the exact opposite of what you want in your society. That's why the US govt confiscated all the gold in the Great Depression and forced people to use legal tender.

>and a decentralized database storing your funds.

This is a double-edged sword. As I said, it's good because no one can freeze your funds but it's also bad because that means you have no help if you send to the wrong address or lose your keys. These tradeoffs make it good for criminals and terrible for normies.

how did it fuck you over user? I'm late to the party

It seems nice to be poor in USA if you have and can afford to dump thousands of $ into crypto.

>Market Segmentation

I do know what that means and it has no relevance here. If you think it does, please elaborate.

I see you don't fully grasp the term "political entity".

>At the current block size...

Pruning is a general concept being developed and implemented.

>stolen/lost

What's the difference between keys being stolen and lost here?

Okay.

>See this is the real problem of crypto. It's not just making your money but getting it out.
Crypto replaces fiat, you don't need to "cash out" once it gains real traction. Crypto to payment gateway interfaces can ease the transition.

>I have a feeling a lot of people on here, the ones shilling their 2018 lambo alt dreams, are going to be committing sudoku when they lose everything.
Maybe, but that's the risk we're taking in investing in a high risk venture. Not really specific to crypto.

>What is the value add of using that blockchain solution to the consumer
To not get fucked by the bank? Seriously? Read this thread if you want >So your cell phone will eventually have a 50gb+
This is when I thought you were just trolling. This is a technical limitation, one which was overcome a long time ago (years?) with partial nodes that you can connect to. You also have to remember that hardware will scale with the chain.

>What happens if they lose their wallet key
I agree that this is pretty bad at the moment and the near future, but it can be mitigated in a few ways. Better UX and the technical aptitude that comes with a society surrounded by tech (and/or plain necessity).

pirate the game "Getting over it". Play through it while thinking its a metaphor for your crypto journey

Your a comic caricature of a MBA entrenched in a corporate asskissing circle. Tamper your narcissism bro.

>Non-reliance on a political entity, that's great, you will have 100% of the libertarian marketshare. Which is 2m voters in America based on Ron Paul's 2012 election run. Niche.
I'm convinced that you're fucking retarded or that your trolling game is strong. Not wanting to get fucked by banks means you're a libertarian in the US that voted for Ron Paul? Either way the reply I typed out was a waste of time.

Next awesome usecase is coming up, it's called Ripple/Stellar. Instant low fee payments across borders. No more western union/telegram shit or waiting 5 days to deposit cash. If you don't see the value add then KYS you silly business student

>I do know what that means and it has no relevance here. If you think it does, please elaborate.

Most consumers don't care about political entities. Only the niche Ron Paul voters do. So while that's a selling point for crypto, it only appeals to a small market segment, about 2 million people.

>What's the difference between keys being stolen and lost here?

With lost you have no access. With stolen 2 people have access to the same key and according to their paper, you can use a recovery partner to help you.

>Pruning is a general concept being developed and implemented.

Block Size is just 1 problem, there are tons of others. for instance imagine getting your funds hacked and stolen, maybe someone hacks into your PC or steals your smartphone and their is an exploit to gain access to it. Even if you regain access to your account, all the money is gone. There is no insurance.

When you stop thinking about crpyto in the abstract about getting rid of the bankers and smart contracts and instead think in terms of practicality, all these issues arise. For most people, these cons outweighs the pros. Hence why so far only use case for crypto was Silk Road.

>To not get fucked by the bank? Seriously? Read this thread if you want

I completely agree with the banks like letting people buy Crypto. They are saving normies from losing millions of dollars.

>partial nodes that you can connect to

There are issues with nodes as well, well miners specifically. It's a perfect competition market so people will keep entering until the profit is near 0 for miner. Eventually all the miners will be located in countries with very cheap electricity, like China. So it's a massive risk having all the miners in unsafe countries. In addition if the network experiences a spike in traffic like during Black Friday, there is no excess capacity. Nor is there any redundancy if miners go offline for let's say a blackout.

probably if you look at my situation , you may recoup . as a normie I bought below like any other

750k xvg 80 sat - sold at 160 sat
50k xrp -22 cent -- sold at 20 cent thinking fucking not moving
450k ada --420 sat-- this I planned long hold. then came to biz got in to req shills. I sold all of them right away got 600k req at 5 cent. this was stagnant for weeks so much fud. fuck I sold 550k req and got Link around 38 cent. fuck this is not moving I sold at 34 cent. now I ended up 100k link and 50k req. If I would have keep any of my above picks more than 60 days, It would have been more than 500k but now I am struck at about 100k USD. U know what I leaned fomo is bitch, it left me ruined no proper sleep, stress, anxiety. since last few week I just holding so much relief and my usd value increased 2.5x. I know its not much but I seems emotional guy, trading not works for me. so hold is mantra. I slowly forgotten all after I see link, req movement and continue to hold this shitcoins at least a year to check my luck. so HOLD HOLD

I know I am not good at writing but I hope I conveyed what I mean :)

Buy and hodl. Gotcha ;)