Which dog race fits best each classic fantasy race?

Which dog race fits best each classic fantasy race?

I nominate the borzoi for elves.

Caucasian bear dogs for ORCS

>Not Pittbuls

English bulldogs for dwarfs
Corgies for hobbits
Mutts for humans

Chihuahua for goblins.

>Halfling
Spitz-type breeds
>Elf
hound breeds
>Orc
Mastiff breeds
>Dwarves
Schnauzer breeds
>Goblin
Terrier breeds
>Humans
Herding dogs

Goblins are pugs.
listen to pug breathing on YouTube with your eyes closed, truely a nasally goblin sliding through a dark area

Chihuahua is for Kenders.

I think dachshunds are a better choice for dwarves.
>short legs
>really good at going after things underground
>can be some of the nicest or nastiest dogs
>you either love them or hate them

No, Kender is a Finnish Spitz. The average one can bark 160 times per minute.

You forgot
>stubborn and relentless

Fuck you.

stat me

5e fighter

+10 to Hide check in maintenance supply closets.

That's a mop, user.

no, thats best dog

>Elves

I LOVE GIANT DOGS
The only problem is that they tend to drool all over the place. Unbelievable that breeders train dogs for all kinds of trivial, useless shit but haven't considered breeding them to drool less.

There need to be more fantasy dog races. Dogs have been super important in human history but get little love in RPGs.
Drow get cavvekans. Orca get worgs. We need more like them.

They look elegant, but sighthounds are really more like orcs. They're not particularly smart, and they only really enjoy chasing things to kill with their teeth and taking naps.

Elves are old English sheepdogs: highly intelligent, charismatic, but gradually being pushed out of the world by upstart races (golden retrievers).

If we're talking dog breed analogues to fantasy races, Howawarts might just be a good choice for a human analogue in more low-fantasy settings.
They're motivated, enduring and loyal, and they're perfect family dogs because they get along with everyone. If not, they mostly just bark very loudly until they've thoroughly sniffed and licked their hands and/or crotch.
They do snap back when threatened or suddenly approached by someone they don't know, but Chihuahuas are many times more aggressive, belligerent and irrational than them.
On a side note, Chihuahuas are a breed of mole rat bred for Mexican pit-fighting and nothing will convince me otherwise. There is nothing lovable in any one of those swivel-eyed, snarling, incessantly barking carpet-pissing motherfuckers.
Hovawarts are a mixed bag in terms of intelligence, though. Some of them are brilliant, champions of multiple agility shows - and some of them, like my dog, grow to be close to ten years old and still chase their own tails.
They also come only in varying shades of black, brown and blond, which is pretty much the exact hair colors permitted in fantasy medieval Germany.
They're good at being loyal, loving and sociable, and in my opinion any dog smaller than a border collie is vermin in 80% of cases, but they're also good at being stubborn and dim when you least need it, such as going to sleep every fucking afternoon in the same fucking hallway where everyone walks day after day, and at waking the whole neighborhood at the slightest provocation such as anyone besides the family coming within sensory range.
Not a lot of this is a direct parallel to human behavior, but there are plenty of indirect ones.

ohh yees long

Aasimar

how about hairy longboys?

Dragonborne
>ancient breed
>fearsome hunters
>not the prettiest

>not the prettiest

>implying that humans are not Labrador retrievers aka the vanilla of dog breeds

I don't know if I just insulted a owner/lover of the Finnish Spitz breed, a Finn, or an actually Finnish Spitz by accident, but that's quite rude.

Fallout actually did a good job with this. Ghouls and mutants? Ghoul dogs and mutant dogs!

Elves are whippets: beautiful and unearthly, but also fragile weirdos with appalling sex habits.

>appalling sex habits

I'm gonna regret this, but what do you mean?

I call my whippet a little goblin, she fits that bill pretty well.

Prepare to regret.

My wife and I lost our beautiful first dog, a mutt, in ‘14. We waited a year, then decided we know something about dog ownership so let’s get a pair of whippet boy puppies, now 14 months old. Habits include:

> fucking each other’s face
> fucking each other from behind
> fucking the sofa
> fucking their dog bed
> chewing open the dog bed, then fucking it
> fucking the bedroom pillows
> on walks, racing clear across the park to fuck another dog
> on walks, racing clear scross the park to fuck a picnic basket
> rolling in fox poo (the worst poo)
> eating fox poo
> eating each other’s poo before I have time to pick it up
> peeing on each other’s head - usually one starts peeing, the other is curious what’s going on, goes in to investigate, gets peed on
> in the park, grabbing poo bags out of the garbage and running around with them
> running up to dogs twice their size then immediately falling on their backs and rolling around in a suggestive manner - both of them
> farts so bad they redefine your whole notion of farts
> walking up to you and jumping in your lap so they can fart on you
> smelling each other’s farts like it’s rare perfume
> somehow, we came home and one of them had a dab of poo right in the middle of his forehead. There was no other poo to be seen.
> in the park, jumping in the laps of strangers sitting on benches, scaring some of them.
> and in one case peeing on them

Luckily this is Britain where everyone’s dog-obsessed so it’s like AW LOOK AT THEM COVERED IN POOP AND FUCKING SOMETHING THEY SHOULDN’T IT’S LIKE THEY THINK THEY’RE PEOPLE!

Dragon Age had the mabari war dogs. Their worldbuilding was unfocused and bland, but details like that made me think it could have been way nicer, if they tried.

>pair of whippet boy puppies
Watch out for littermate syndrome. There's ways to try to prevent it.

Afraid they have the opposite: they’re great with people and learn commands well, but have such a violent sibling rivalry we may have to give one away if it doesn’t clear up.

Surprised dogs are still allowed in public, considering how cucked by muslims you guys are.

>AW LOOK AT THEM COVERED IN POOP AND FUCKING SOMETHING THEY SHOULDN’T IT’S LIKE THEY THINK THEY’RE PEOPLE!
>IT'S LIKE THEY THINK THEY'RE PEOPLE
If what Veeky Forums thought me about England is true, it must be an amazing place to visit. A case study in how civilization is not per se the antithesis of barbarism.

Eh, my two dogs (one I got as a puppy and one I got when she was about 1 and the puppy was just a few months) are just dicks to each other all the time. Taking toys, random rough-housing, etc. If one yelps, they stop, so it's not that big of a deal. They're just dicks.

What about huskies? Shiba inu? Beagles?

>human
Lab retriever
>halfling
Scottish terrier
>elf
weimaraner
>dwarf
shar pei
>half orc
pitbull
>gnome
schnauzer
>dragonborn
lizard
>tiefling
some other kind of lizard

It's like I'm on /an/.

No, no, it's:

>Dragonborn: Iguana specifically, those are the scaly doges
>Tiefling: Within them seethes the blood of the Amur tiger

I may be an immigrant (US => UK) but you’re the one who needs to go back.

nice

t. 56%

Agree with most of it, but tiefling would really be unidentifiable mutts. At least in the first versions, they could look like almost anything evil humanoid, not just demon-lites.

It’s truly wild. For weird sex shit the general rule is “as long as it doesn’t scare the horses” (a genuine risk given the appearance of their women), but if you cut in a queue may God have mercy on you, for the islanders will not.

don't you people have to have your dogs on leash?

Not in the park, no. Boys gotta run.

Not sure what race would have these, but I desperately need them in my next game.

shiiieet i can't even let my dog loose in most woods because of the off chanse he would disturb wildlife or something

Weird fact: Brits think that in ordinary matters not involving guns we Americans are way too restrictive and puritanical in our rules. Which may be so, but at least we’re a LOT less uptight.

>A mysterious creature bursts forth from the woods!
What does your dog-party do?

yeah well when i was in spain as a kid there was a british couple who left their baby in the car while they were on the beach. the kid died ofc and the parents were surprised by this. they were also totally oblivious to the fact that it's illegal to do so. my point is that if anything they should have way WAY more restrictive laws in britain.

Bark at it repeatedly, if the creature is really scary do a barking retreat to the house.

Well, my dwarf has an intense fear of dogs after trying to eat one that turned out to be a shapeshifting hulk monster, so he would probably hide up a tree.

...is that shopped, or a pit bull and a dachshund?

Are orc babies cute? Pic related pitbull/amstaff puppers

Borzoi remind me of Sergals, which makes me want to rewrite them from that angle.

Sniff its butt

Yeah they’re a bit... just not right. I mean, they bred the fucking Whippet.

>hey bred the fucking Whippet.
You talkin shit, mate?

Retard strength is not a medal of honor.
But then again, maybe in britain it is.

That’s some Fabius Bile shit right there mate.

Nah, I love my whippoes - they’re just freaky is all.

>Go to spain for holiday
>Wear diapers on their head cause they aren't used to sun more than once a year
>Act surprised people want some peace and quiet at night
>The whole football thing

look at it's eyes. the dog knows it's a freak

Veeky Forums pls, stop sharing food supplements with your pets

he kind of looks like one of my highschool classmates, except for the fucked-up teeth

S M A S H E D
L
A
M
M
E
D

No

pic related: the bullywug of the Dog-n-D world

Belgian blue is more of a Veeky Forums or simic thing

Underrated post

Mount it

Well, it's buff for the exact same reason that is

Shiba Inu are basically catfolk.

>i get my news from /pol/, breitbart, and the youtube channels which conform to my biases
ftfy

To be fair, my Finnish spitz/Golden? Mix doesn't bark at all, so you may be being a bit unfair to them

Andraste's mabari was the best writing in 3, hands down. And barkspawn was awesome

Fucking charge, because int is his dump stat

Terriers are clearly the best choice for Dwarven analogs.
>small, but aggressive for their size
>bearded
>trained and bred in the past for their burrowing ability, fighting vermin above and below the ground
They are a little cute for Dwarves but they have the background.

at first I was a little put off since I've some family that have had yorkies in the past, but I can see it
they have just enough attitude for it to work, too

I've met a lot of dogs and out of all of them I've only met 1 good chihuahua. Stuart was a good boy who only barked a couple times when someone was at the door and was a massive cuddler.
But yeah overall the whole breed can go to hell.

It's because the owners don't fucking train them.

Kua-Toa?

Poodles could be a type of elves. Goldendoodles as half elves

>be Poodle
>come from long line of hunters
>I'm a hunter, my father was a hunter, my father's father was a hunter
>new cities keep cropping up all over the kingdom
>meat market shifts towards big ranches and farms to meet the growing demands of the increased population
>hunters like me can't compete
>my son wants to move to the city
>he shows up looking like one of those rich poofs
>pic related, me on the left

What fantasy race are Newfoundlands? (pic related, is one of user’s Newfies)

same user doubleposting, why isn’t there an RPG where the party is a pack of dogs of various breeds and builds

Looks like a Varren from Mass Effect.

Awww that's adorable!

firbolg

Something big and sea-related... sea giants, maybe?

Size-wise the newfies would be ogres or giants. Way too calm and intelligent for that, though.

not if you beat them

What race would my dog be? he is quite energetic and also quite strong for his size.

>guess the breed

It's corgi and something... so I'm gonna go ahead with a half-fae.

Saw one similar to that the other day, only the head wasn't as comically oversized.

It's a rat. How are you supposed to train a rat?