Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1920: Lazy Thread Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fKQhN57q
pastebin.com/usmtiBSU
moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I saw what you did with the last thread, Mr. Jumpchain CYOA Thread

I saw what you did last thread, mr Jumpchain.

...pls make me a jumper.

Does anyone else like to imagine that they're a Jumper who took amnesia and power sealing drawbacks?

Thread died before I could respond.

I haven't quite settled on a good one yet. My initial thought was Overwatch for heretical xenos and X-COM, then transform the whole thing into X-COM aliens versus Humans and the Covenant. The idea being that initially it was a three-way war between all of them, but the X-COM aliens developed Omnics, which shifted the balance of power. So the Humans and Covenant teamed up to prevent both being squashed. It'll be kind of a silly universe with grim overtones, but that would be fitting for the arc I wanted to place it in.

But if I know me, I'll probably change my mind on the blend a half-dozen times as I come across Jumps on the Drive or come up with a better use of those settings to blend.

Here's my Ox Tales jump again; please let me know if anything looks off.

It's been over ten years.

I'd like the illusion to be broken right now.

Who /psionics/ here, /jc/?

Yeah. It's one of the reasons i'd never take that combination in any jump.
Seeing how, with background memories, you can't even tell how long you've /really/ been in this setting. And how long you still have to go.
You could have just started last week despite what your memories are telling you. Or you could be leaving tomorrow and get all your powers back.
No way to tell. It's torture!

>tfw you can't even kill yourself to escape this hell as it might end your chain
This jump truly is suffering.

Imagine going through with it only to wake up with new memories telling you you just forfeited your chance at a spark.
Probably because you got greedy and took that 200cp amnesia drawback.
Even worse if it turns out you were already in year 10.

Jumping Lyrical Nanoha next while mentally outlining the date scene to type later. My suffering is legendary.

I plan to Duct Tape fusion the ship to every other ship I get and refuse to explain why to my companions.

Nah. The Jumper already sparked and left this universe to rot. Could've been 100 years ago, could've been 2,000, could've been a misanthropic caveman.

I post this fully knowing there's going to be shitposting, but here's at least a small bit of proof that the WoW jump is still being worked on. Not posting anymore WIPs until this fucking piece of shit's done.

pastebin.com/fKQhN57q
pastebin.com/usmtiBSU

Sure, but it's not a foucs.

REALITY REVISION

Huh, neat.

Will there be a quest for each holiday?

Is there any news about how the second part of the Coiling Dragon jump is going?

Are you Val? Because that's Val's decision,As for erasing my own death I think it would still count as something that happened for purposes of determining whether or not I failed a jump.

Glad to see those WIPs.

My own interest in WoW has recently been picked up by this huge WoW mod for CKII that's coming along really well.

desu I want to start as a Draenei and somehow ally with the Blood Elves and either join the Alliance and tell Tyrande to eat shit, or form a neutral bloc.

Meh af.

The ones that I can reliably write a plot for, yes. Mostly going to be the ones that have bosses or notable nemeses, so Noblegarden's a tricky one I'm not likely to touch on.

Name of the mod? Sounds interesting.

Then there's plenty of other jumpmakers (assuming you haven't chased them off by now) to give your attention to, cupcake.

>Name of the mod? Sounds interesting.
moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth/

>The ones that I can reliably write a plot for, yes.
Fair enough. I'm mostly interesting in just seeing the thing get done.

How is the drawbacks section coming along?

How are you feeling Battle for Azeroth and the spoilers people have been noting?

>Not posting anymore WIPs until this fucking piece of shit's done.
Glad that you are still at it. I somehow feel that you should have just done a vanilla jump and left the expansions for other jumps,
either for you or other people to make.
It feels like the jump is going to be way too massive.
>Not being the Jumpmaker stops you from talking about the canon
Sure thing pal I'm not saying what she can or can't present in her jump, just what I got from reading DI and what I have heard from secondhand sources on KKK

>Metzen the Reindeer

Yo!
BTTH question: At the current rate of release, the light novel will be finished in about 50 days. If I were to wait till it was complete, or atleast more complete, the jump would be delayed possibly to late January. So my question is this: Do people prefer I wait till later, or release soon while potentially missing one or two details. I would likely post an updated version later if after it ends I've missed anything particularly important. I'm leaning slightly towards doing the latter but I thought I should get a second opinion. As of right now, the knowledge I will be missing is going to be related to Dou Di (and slightly Dou Sheng), the highest cultivation levels in setting. While I have looked up spoilers, I can't be too sure how accurate they are.

There's no such thing as a jump too big.

Or we could just prevent this low-quality replacement attempt from getting on the drive.

I didn’t. What is it?

If you have everything ready to make jump then make it. After novel ends you can update it or maybe there will be 2nd part of novel made you can always make jump part 2.

>replacement
Which is funny, because Manyfist is clearly a challenged individual, and yet no one cares that OAA is making this. Manyfist has problems that OAA took advantage of, and yet the thread let's it happen. Guess it only matters that someone makes you replace your jump if you're one of the popular jumpmakers.

Honestly don't think there will be any big reveals or new information that would completely change how the setting works. Most we'll see is a neat new item or two and maybe you'll need to add a note regarding how the last few stages of cultivation work. I'd say you should just go ahead and make it.

Just go ahead and then add anything that’s missing once it’s available, unless you suspect it would require an overhaul of the entire jump.

Aionon?

Oh man, that's great to hear. Really looking forward to this.
I always did like the Halloween event, and that quest looks like fun one the bun too.
Time to celebrate with butts.

>Metzen the Reindeer looks at your with sad, forlorn eyes.

...Fist literally gave it up to anyone because he didn't give a flying fuck about WoW anymore. Despite multiple people asking him to update it. His response was to say "I don't feel like it".

I don't mind updates.
>Which is funny, because Manyfist is clearly a challenged individual
Is there anyone semi-normal in here?
user put the thread title in the name field. Because it had a #, it got a tripcode.

I say make it now and update later, you already put in pretty much everything aside from those small details.

So, since we are in 1920, I guess it's time to talk about the Mafia. Have you engaged in criminal activities recently? Do you lead any criminal organizations? What kind of hat do you use?

Terrifying synchronization. Is this the future of drift compatibility?

Any chance for item that can generate ingredients for pills ?

For example storage ring that can generate (we need to provide power/energy for it to generate anything) every ingredient that will be placed in it(thing that we put inside would be destroyed so ring could get patern of it) and max usage of patterns is 1 per day.

Yo, for the Abyssal Archwitch perk, can the shield be worn down, or does it need to be broken in a few hits? If it can be worn down, is there any way to restore it? Also, does it protect from environmental damage? And how near to your body is it?

My trucker hat from Clustertruck.

I...I kind of want to take Metzen the Reindeer with me. Third reward, perhaps?

>spoiler
There is only one answer to that question for me.

The holiday thing is a neat idea! There better be one for the best monthly holiday as well, pic very much related.

My plan for the WoW jump is the possibly impossible task of trying to unite the Goblin cartels and save Kezan and the Undermine. Get rid of Gallywix and join the Horde with Gazlowe as an ambassador. Also, save Vol'jin.

Would you be okay with me doing a Hearthstone jump? HS universe is pretty much an alternate universe to WoW's Azeroth or "Azeroth imagined by it's inhabitants" with usually no influence on canon except for some cases like how they made Tortollans a canon race to promote Un'goro. I'll drop my claim on Hearthstone though if you'd be uncomfortable with it

It looks good, man. Can't wait to see the finished product.

In the nineteen fucking twenties? Unless you're trying to look like a pump.

I want to go back to something that was said last thread about warframe. The walls and ships are made of MEAT!? What? I thought they were some cool future metal? Does it get sick? Can you eat it?

I've got two things that may suit your needs on that front.
>Garden of Deadly Eden [???]
>A wonderful valley, with conditions necessary to grow anything and everything, filled with beautiful plants. If only half of them weren’t deathly poisonous. Extremely useful for any up and aspiring Receptariers. Initially comes stocked with a vast variety of plants.
>Pill Box [???]
>Once a year you may ask and receive a copy of any Pill that you have made or consumed before.
The shield can be worn down, but out of combat it will slowly regenerate. 3 hours max until it fully regenerates. It protects you from environmental damage for the most part. Extreme heat would slowly whittle it down. It's skintight.

>Join the Horde
But why?

>Does it get sick?

Infection can get it, we see that happen a few times. Then again the infection works on anything, even machines.

What I want to know (and sorry red for asking this) is if we can apply nurgle perks to the orokin flesh tech when BC comes out.

Future meat metal
meatal

>user put the thread title in the name field. Because it had a #, it got a tripcode.
I’m not seeing anything like that?

Did you make the valkyrie corps jump?

Only some things.

Cool.

Like what things?

>extreme heat would slowly whittle it down
probably phrased that badly. Basically any extreme temperature or damaging environment will do the same
sadly not. Only made Valkyrie Crusade (of the jumps with Valkyrie in the name).

>Metzen
Can somebody explain the joke to us laypeople unfamiliar with Warcraft?

While not necessarily duplication exactly, I also would like for there to be some way we can continue obtaining even the highest rank alchemical ingredients even after we leave xianxia land. Especially since I plan on investing heavily on alchemy for this jump.

It has always been a source of endless salt for me that red mages have always looked dapper af and are featured heavily in the franchise while blue mages look kinda doofy and don't get nearly as much screentime.

I wore this hat in Shadowrun. I wore this hat in samurai era Japan. I wore it as a large flightless yellow bird and I even wore it as a Kamen Rider.

I have, and need, only one hat. The one I gained in my very first Jump.

>It has always been a source of endless salt for me that red mages have always looked dapper af and are featured heavily in the franchise while blue mages look kinda doofy and don't get nearly as much screentime.
That just lets us blue mages get the kill while the enemy is distracted by the red mages hat...And how chewy they are.

>Can somebody explain the joke to us laypeople unfamiliar with Warcraft?
Metzen is one of the main writers for WoW. Many people think he was the equivalent of 40k's Matt Ward, in that he did a lot of lore rape, sucked one faction's dick too hard (Orcs here) and had strange obsessions, which for Metzen was corruption. Everyone and everything got CORRUPTED and flipped from good to bad and shit like that to justify being a raid boss or a dumb plot twist.

Does it share in your protections? Like if you were immune to heat or scratch damage, would it be?

I just want to say that after all I've seen of what jumpers do with their power, I never want to see any of you pricks act like you're some kind of righteous force doing what needs to be done for the worlds own good. It makes you sound like Bancho.

Will the fire things you talked about be buyable as items or as perks? I would like to buy them as something I could give out as powers is why I ask.

Yeah I misquoted when trying to save the inkling butt.

Cause Thrall's Horde was actually pretty neat and Goblins have allied with them since the beginning. Even now, Steamwheedle is pretty much neutral in name only. A coalation with Orcs, Tauren and Trolls (both Forest and Darkspear) seems like a good idea to gain hold in Kalimdor and rid ourselves of the Centaur/Naga/Murloc/Quilboar/Harpy threat.

>Blue Mages
That's because they're NEEEERRRRDS!
But yeah, I agree. Blue Mages rock and deserve more screen time. And a higher paid costume designer. Because... sheesh.

>Metzen
The reindeer was named after Chris Metzen, who was Blizzard's vice president for creative development until September of last year. He had some... interesting ideas about which direction to take the universe.

The reindeer was just a funny jab taken at him.

>What I want to know (and sorry red for asking this) is if we can apply nurgle perks to the orokin flesh tech when BC comes out.
DO NOT.

>Because... sheesh.
What's wrong with it?

I'm leaning toward no on that one. Given that it is basically a shield of energy, it would only be resistant to the things your energy is resistant to.
They're items. I decided that's what they fit best as. Also, fun fact: if you collect enough Heavenly Flames with the Flame Mantra (6 in canon), as with a lot of things in the setting, it will form a human body and mind.

>Thrall's Horde was actually pretty neat
>Killing Night Elves and burning down their forests because the Horde was too cheap to pay them properly for lumber

>DO NOT
But its an entire tower that papa would love!

Don't forget that Sylvannas is his waifu. For reference, she started off as an unamibiguous villain and currently her being the Horde's leader is presented as the ideal choice by the plot.

I'm pretty sure the head goblin in charge, who Thrall supported, was always a moneygrubbing miser hated by everyone who your player character if you're a gobbo has to help because reasons.

Also other than what said, there shouldn't be a reason tauren, trolls and blood elves can't integrate into the Alliance.

Bluemages are awesome, they get less screentime because you dont need to prove how awesome.

Redmages suck with their silly hats.

>For reference, she started off as an unamibiguous villain and currently her being the Horde's leader is presented as the ideal choice by the plot.
And she is STILL doing horrifically evil shit.

The only reason Blood Elves aren't in the Alliance is because the Night Elves are xenophobic dick heads and threw a fit the first time. And the second time was because Jaina was PMSing about Garrosh and tried to kick them out of her town while the Blood Elves were negotiating neutrality and potential Alliance membership.

Hell the Night Elves are doing the same shit to the Nightborne now.

But I also want to look dapper while wearing the superior primary color. Is that so much to ask sqeenix?

Oh. Sounds terrible. I'm glad I don't particularly care about WoW.

Their best looking incarnation is the FFTA one which just looks... kinda boring? Not that it's hard to be the best version when your competition is "lets make them look vaguely arabic, but also ugly" and "whell, we could just give them a blue mask, i guess?"

I swear to fuck when the update comes I am going to go Warlock/Demon Hunter Night Elf. And then be Tyrande's sister to utterly piss Malfurion off.

It is the only way.

The one from Final Fantasy Tactics Advances doesn't look too bad, but they've got a towel hanging from their back instead of a proper cape. Which is extra odd when you consider they're already wearing a cloak/robe thing.

But in most other versions they look like cosplayers who rolled around in their costume closet for too long. In FF11, they look like ninjas for some reason and in FF5 they're knock-off Tuxedo Masks from Sailor Moon except in royal blue and crimson red.

>>Redmages suck with their silly hats.
>MFW

You need to talk to your sister because she's turned into a huge bitch about other elves lately, seriously.

So you can be a fire elemental? Or do you make a baby fire daughteru?

The only solution to WoW's bullshit is to become an Old God and do the Old God thing of warping the planet and all the races to suit you.

>immediately attack when someone steps in the forest, no questions asked
Treefuckers had it coming

I believe we've never see the head of the Steamwheedle cartel which was the Goblin cartel which helped the Thrall's horde. He pulled out because he thought selling to both Alliance and Horde is more profitable. Despite that, Gazlowe clearly is sympathetic to the Horde cause and personal BFF with Thrall and the late Cairne and even rebuilt Thunderbluff for free. The moneygrubbing miser you'Re talking about it probably Gallywix, who for some reason is the racial leader in WoW despite no one liking him and he pretty much sold the entire Bilgewater cartel as slave.

History is decided by the victors and justice is the byproduct of strength. The world you live in today, the morals that you cling to so ferociously, were put into place not by nebulous force of good but by the strength of those with the will to force their judgment upon the world. Why justify it? Power is what rules this world. What you see around you is nothing less than the legacy of the strong. Power is righteousness. And I assure you, I am very righteous.

Void is bad, m'kay?

>"lets make them look vaguely arabic, but also ugly"
I mean, look at them. How can you take something as metal as "I devour the souls of my enemies to steal their magic abilities" and ruin it by making them dress like this.

Alright, thanks.

If someone starts chopping down your trees then yeah, they're trespassing and vandalizing your property. They deserve to get shot.

I don't feel like I'm right in what I want to do.

I just want to avoid being a dick for the most part.

I'm noticing this. That Malfurion is no good for her, let me tell you.

At least Quistis got it right.

This too.

Oh god, don't even get me started on the fact that the Night Elves, ultimate magic puritans, were revealed to have had NIGHT ELF MAGES ALL ALONG which not only completely defeats any PRETENSE for a rational basis for a bias instead of sympathy coming from a race that THRIVED from Illidan nicking a bit of well water. But also makes Malfurion look like he has his head even further in the clouds. I don't even remember any of them not named Tyrande "Kill them all and let Elune sort them out" Whisperwind being all that racist. It's really Jaina getting redpilled that was the point of no return.

And that does not surprise me one iota. For goodness' sake, as someone who actually does think of night elves as a master race all their leaders have long gone senile.

The latter. although one of the capstone perks is being a sapient/human Heavenly Flame

The sad thing is I've seen some pretty decent not-arabic style armor/clothing before.

The upgraded af2 set looks better imho

Gallywix, yeah. Him being in any kind of position of power is utterly, utterly baffling considering how his very existence should piss Thrall and especially Garrosh right the fuck off.