Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Ain't Nothin But A Kroot Houndog edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for plastic Primaris Marines
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=cybU5LnPtNo

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

>Chapter Approved 2017 PDF Link expires 11th Dec
sendit.cloud/ka0m7biqerze

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/IWI-X95-L-5.56mm-with-IWI-40mm-Grenade-Launcher-S-Field.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

doot doot

2nd for Lord Felthius!

Hey user,

So when they finally drop the last of the Deathguard stuff, who's getting the next big model release?

Yeah lets all link to the thread that has no 40kg in the title. That thread is shit, kill yourself in a video game for linking it.

>no subject
Fuck that thread.

>boo hoo hoo thread is missing title, it's the end of the world
it's still a goddamn thread and we may as well use it

Yeah people who come in later during the day looking for a 40kg with no title makes it a pain in the ass and makes people think there isn't a current one.

I'm not using any thread that can't be found with ctl-f.

jesus christ how much handholding do you faggots need nowadays

Sounds like you're insecure because you fucked up and forgot a title. You know you're retarded but you won't admit it.

>this fag defending his halfassing

I set up my filters on purpose, shitbird.

>Expecting anything other than a pack of sopping, whiny vaginas from 40kg

I didn't even make that thread, I'm just astounded you're all getting so butthurt over it not having a title

Because it fucks things up and has people making extra threads because of your fuck up. Next time, don't fuck up and we won't be mad. That simple.

Rule question:
Would I be able to summon demons even if the points don't add up for min. squad size? Like 35 pts. left and summon 5 Bloodletters? Or one pink horror and several brimstones?

>your fuck up
> Next time, don't fuck up
learn to read faggot, I already said I'm not the guy who made the thread

I did read, and I realized you were lying. Now stop fucking up and do it right next time.

recommend me armies with a small footprint (low modelcount/ small basesize) where I can get all needed models in plastic.
I know of deathwatch and greyknights already, are there other, maybe non space-marine ones?

>lying
ou truly believe that I'm the thread creator don't you? I'm really not, I'm just finding it hilarious
how butt hurt you are

>it's still a goddamn thread and we may as well use it
You can.

Will they ever fix summoning? I'm butthurt because I started building my GSC around summoning units, and they nerfed it without reducing equipment costs sufficiently

please stop taking his bait, I don't know if that dude created the thread or not but he's clearly leading you on now

Says the obviously more butthurt user. You can't even bait properly.

wow so anger, much hate

I bet he thinks he's arguing with just one user too. It must be an interesting life to be so simple.

I think my keywords do a good job of raising the general while filtering the Fantasy/Sigmar chaff. Other thread wasn't in the top four rows. Even in row five, no title, and non-standard general icon means it's practically invisible.

Not sure that I'm butthurt about it not having a title. But I think I am butthurt at the suggestion that I was overly lazy in trying to find a broken effort.

ITS TRADITION

I wanna get him and run him in a CAACfag Death Guard list.

faaaaaaaggg

>Read Deathwatch Omnibus
>Imperial Fist squad member Maximmion
>Literally short by space marine standards
>Had to be commanded to stop training his muscles after half a dozen armor refits
>Literal Space Marine bodybuilder who is around only 7 feet tall
>Has scene where he is carrying two missile launchers easily

Why is Steve Parker so based with his writing?

A manlet manlet marine?

For the first time in my life, I just bought a miniature right after a rules update because the new rules made it really good.
Am I treading the path that leads to the WAAC side ?

Veeky Forums why is there no such thing as a combi las? I want a captain who can do anti-materiel sniping.

Guys, with the Taser Goad, any new hits that it generates are directed towards the unit or towards the initial objective?

All additional hits hit the same unit as the hit that generated them.

What did you buy user?

And don't worry, if you were a waacfag you'd know it.

A Librarian Dreadnought for my Blood Angels.

A great model for sure. Have fun with it.

>put expensive special weapon
>on cheapest gun possible

There is, for 0 points you can model your captain with a flashlight duct taped to his bolter's barrel.

I think he means a bolter-lascannon, not a lasgun-plasma. Still, you could just get a dude with a Deathwatch Frag Cannon for a similar purpose.

Primaris marines.

In this case BECAUSE LASCANON IS FUCKING HUGE TANK WEAPON.

Rules question. If you give the BA warlord trait "Artisan of War" to your warlord, one of his weapon gains +1 to its damage characteristics. But what happens if you out this ability on a weapon with several modes, like the Boltstorm Gauntlet of a captain in gravis armor, which has both a shooting and a melee mode ? Do both modes gain +1 damage since it's technically the same weapon ?

Except Frag Cannon is DAMAGE FUCKING TWO
Fucking GW

Because a lascannon requires an immense battery back? The same reason there aren't combi-autocannons or combi-missile launchers.

Be content with your combi-melta

Yes, since it doesn't say otherwise - same ruling would apply even if it was simply multiple shooting profiles, like a combi-melta.

FLGS is doing a 10 week planetary invasion campaign based on the linear campaign in chapter approved.

Going to be attacking as chaos. Going to need to deal with a shitload of fortifications.

What do I do other than just defiler the crap out of them?

That's bullshit. Nothing about needing to wear a big, heavy battery as a backpack should preclude attaching anything to the lascannon's barrel, and there's no plausible way the barrel is the heaviest part of the gun, so you wouldn't fuck up the weapon's center of gravity more than a Space Marine could handle.

That said, if I were your AdMech engineer, I'd look at you more than a little funny if you asked me to mount a lasgun on your lascannon so you can las while you las.

Whatever you do don't get Pert to help.

How shit is this list for 1k points?
Whats the biggest thing im missing in this list?

[Vanguard] 994/1000
HQ:
Coldstar - Advanced targeting system, shield generator
Elites:
Stealth Suits - 3x Shas'ui w/ burst cannon and advanced targeting system,
Shas'vre w/ Fusion blaster, advanced targeting system, markerlight+target lock,
Homing Beacon
Stealth Suits - Same as the above
Crisis Bodyguards - 3xShas'ui w/ 2x Plasm-rifle, advanced targeting system
Ghostkeel - 2x Fusion blaster, Cyclic Ion raker, Shield generator, Target Lock, 2x Stealth Drones

>tfw Spec Ed copy of Warmaster arrived today just as I was leaving for work. Don't finish shift until half 9 UK time. Been told that I'm being dragged out for drinkies for colleague's birthday after work. wat do?

What the fuck are you talking about?

That's pretty neat. It saddens me how few writers know how to write marines properly. All to often author's either don't make them human enough or make them too human, when they should be write on that cusp between man and monster

user, what do you think that scopey-looking thing on the lascannon is if not a lasgun? You're letting the Omnissiah down here.

should all former 25mm infantry be on 32mm bases now? Right now I have an option of putting Ad Mech Vanguard on 25mm or 32mm and it seems it's the standard now for all new infantry to be put on 32mm

That's fair. I was being super silly and assuming it was a guncam, but now I understand that that was tech-heresy.

>his gains were too much

A friend of mine who saw one of my hormagaunts wants to play some 40k now. When you teach someone 8th edition, do you use even simpler rules, or just go for it? I know the rules are pretty simple, but she has never played any sort of table top game before, so I don't know if they will be simple to a complete newbie

Barrel doesn't need to be heavy for that to be a stupid idea. Also attaching a gun to another gun is generally a poor idea, especially ones with high power and or weight as it compromises the structure of the other guns as each fires.

It's a stupid desire

>literally marinelet marinelet
KEKU

Alpharius?

I agree, but it's too late, we've gone waaaaay over the combi-weapon edge.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/IWI-X95-L-5.56mm-with-IWI-40mm-Grenade-Launcher-S-Field.jpg

Is he really a liked model? because it looks like a terrible designed sculpt with a meme face.

Numbers ?

Yeah, what next? Saying that putting scopes on plasma pistols isn't a good idea? It worked well enough for Magos Blind Pete. I mean, ok he has to get his optical sensors replaced after every shot, but damn, he gets a good view of the expression on his target's face before he fires.

I don't suppose there's an easier way to do it than to just play, probably low points or just use power
Then just explain everything as you go on about turns and stuff

>when will they learn?

Wait, what? I remember it being extremely painful when two pods of those boys landed behind my Dunecrawlers and lit them up. I guess it's like the GSC mining lasers where they only have D3D.

No, they're on 25mm. Fairly sure it's just the Marines that were upbased.

Use simple units and a simple mission, don't overload on stuff like psychic powers, warlord traits and too many different stratagems

make both lists yourself, have him choose which one to play as

>Fairly sure it's just the Marines that were upbased.

All lesser Daemons got bumped to 32mm. Same with Necron Warriors

Sorry user, upbasing seems to be the standard now, GSC cult Acolytes are 32mm base, CSMs are 32mm base, can't be long before 'small' models like IG go the same way.

Grenade launcher isn't that powerful from the view of pressure on the gun. All the dame comes from the explosion after all.

Complaining about not having lascannon is the gun manufacturer trying to make a complaint about abraham's main gun not being a rifle attachment.

Why do bloodletters still seem like uttershit even though they are 7ppm?

Low point list. Keep units simple. Make list for them.

Look to the Start Collecting boxes for example. 1 troop 1 hq 1 toy.

Make a cheat sheet summary.

coldstar costs 150 (Aadvance targeting systerm and shieldgen 8 each
stealth suits 192 (20 homing beacon, 58 shas'vre)
crisis bodyguards 75 each (225 total, 11 per plasma rifle, 8 for advanced targeting system)
ghostkeel is 235 (fusion blasters 42, cyclic 39, drones 20, target lock 12, shield gen 40)

If you mean by numbers, that the list has too low of a model count, I'm trying to keep it down for easy transportation, and because i paint so slowly, that i doubt ill finish a normal sized army in a years time.

if you mean something else, let me know.

Well, what do you know. I should have remembered the Lesser Daemons, local WE player has a squad of 20 Letters that are half and half and look a tad weird. Suits the horde look when in a big amorphous blob, though.

I like my Skittle 25s, dammit. Hoping that at some point they'll be a decent Imperial horde unit so I can make a bunch of those as cannon fodder and run nothing but Katas as Admech troops, but Conscripts were balanced nicely so of course GW massively crippled them in Chapter Approved.

Still, Skittles remain 25 for now.

Because they're 7pts invested entirely in offense.

No durability. No mobility. Just murder.

Best bet is to summon in a blob 9" away and pray you make your 8" charge (you brought an Instrument of Chaos)

Is the Repulsor comparable to the Land Raider in size?
I wanna concert one into a Grav-Rhino for my Custard Creams

We actually have that in 40K, the Leman Russ can undersling a storm bolter or heavy stubber, per the Forge World rules.

is devastation of baal in the mega?

Well, a lascannon isn't that harsh on the other gun either, as long as it doesn't heat up from firing repeatedly. The power pack is a problem though.

Just about the same size, actually.

Daemonettes are 25mm not 32

How ok would you be with someone running homebrew Tartaros captains and bike lieutenants assuming they followed the price and ability differences layed out by the other terminator captains and bike HQs respectively?

You just summed up the entire Death Guard release.

Big ass backpack. If they can carry a long reel of heavy bolter shells the power pack can't be much heavier.

Also the Death Guard playerbase.

Aren't they known for being extremely agile in lore? Why the fuck are they movemnt 6"? Also can you summon a unit with upgrades? I just you summoned it base.

lexicanum already has an edited pic with the background taken out

>Daemonettes are 25mm
Huh. You're right.
I figured if Bloodletters, Pink Horrors, and Plaguebearers got put on 32mm. Daemonettes would too for consistency.

Careful about making assumptions - one of the few things we can be certain of about lascannons is that they definitely aren't laser guns of any type. Their fluff is very, very consistent about them being some sort of particle thrower.

My favorite theory is that the "pack" contained a fusion power plant using laser-induced fusion, and what comes out the end of the barrel is essentially helium moving very, very quickly.

Sure, but combi-weapons are for officers, who have better thing to carry around than a fuckhuge backpack.

So my friends said they would be fine allowing Primaris models as counts for two spaces in transports.

Being a proxy cheap fuck, I acquired a ton of "Drop Pods" (that double as transports for booze)

Captain (gravis armor) + Lieutenant - Boozepod
30x Intercessor (assault bolters) - (6)Boozepods
20x Hellblaster (assault blasters) - (4)Boozepod
3x Inceptors (not sure if bolters or plasma yet)
3x Inceptors (not sure if bolters or plasma yet)

Anyone have any opinions or advice to utilizing further a one-primaris-counts-as-two-marines rule? I also have three landraiders.

Now, lets not exaggerate, the basic plague marines, the tallyman and the mosquito-hero look really nice.
It's just that for some models, especially terminators, the sculptor got bored and started doing them really quick, slapping random shit without thinking too much about refining the concept.

Like what? Brass balls?

>advancing your dudes in ranks
Am I supposed to burn a chosen aspiring champion model when he ascends into a daemon prince?

>Friends allow you to make a fluffy house rule
>Immediately ask 40kg what is the best way to cheese the fuck out of it
Dude, c'mon.