Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Red Corsairs Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for plastic Huron Blackheart
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=JdEINFmMn4M

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

>Chapter Approved 2017 PDF Link expires 11th Dec
sendit.cloud/ka0m7biqerze

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!pfZDDZwK!wxk8yqBaUbT8FQ_M0A27pSTIfOez5CWKMhFdA_i0yXE
youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=YWdD206eSv0
1d4chan.org/wiki/Lugft_Huron
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST for the Dark Eldar!

Xth for Exorcists

What's everyone working on today? Play any games recently?
And special question of the day: What's at the top of you 40k Christmas list?

puttin these on here too

Love too give piggybacks to mah pals

Who at the Inquisition okay'd this Chapter in all honesty? I mean they are cool and all, but holy fuck does it just seem like a terrible idea to risk.

trying to make a lamentrs list and it just seems crap. what should i change?

Lamenters 1500pts

Vanguard detatchment
HQ
Malakim Phoros 205pts

Fast Attack
8x bikes with attack bike 261pts

Elites
5x reivers with grav chutes 100pts
5x reivers with grav chutes 100pts
Vanguard veterans with jump packs, inferno pistol, hand flamer and power sword 122pts

Vanguard detatchment
HQ
Chaplain with jump pack and inferno pistol 113pts

Elites
Vanguard veterans with jump packs, hand flamer, two power swords and power fist 118pts
Vanguard veterans with jump packs, inferno pistol,dual chainsword and power fist 122pts
Vanguard veterans with plasma pistol 97pts

Patrol detatchment
HQ
Mephiston 145pts

Troops
Tactical squad with power sword and 9x members 113pts

What's more snowflakey; a non primaris chapter made from traitor geneseeed or Grey Knight/Exorcist successors?

New models when?

thanks for the input user, I think most Bat-Reps put grenadiers at "meh"-tier and engineers are better, but they're elites, so I'll figure it out

I'm still pissed about Dangles and Bangles getting most all of the C:SM unique stuff.

How could they possibly think it's a good idea to take away the sanguinary priest's jump pack option when blood angels are basically the jump pack army?

>That baal predator buff.
Awesome

someone whith rather radical views and fair bit of clout. That really doesn't narrow it down does it?

It doesn't have a model user. You can still use the index entry tho.

Can someone explain to me how shield drones work? They have a 4+ invuln save but they only get a 5+ when using savior protocols. Why would anyone target a shield drone directly?

Can pure Tzeentch Daemons be a viable army?

Because it's the closest target and you can't target characters with targets closer to them.

7 point discount, but the twin assault cannon is a lot more expensive

Warmaster ebook when?

I have a Flamestorm Cannon on it anyways.

Why does Chaos pay 14p for a Chainfist and Imperium 22p? It makes no sense.

>take Necron Warriors
>cut off gun
>stick blades on the stumps
>Bonus points: Give them AdMech Chordclaws
>bend legs a bit to get more deranged poses
There, done. It's really not rocket science.

I thought those were new models.

>want to make a cool CSM warband with a known HQ option
>all the options are 20 year old sculpts that look like pure shit

Prolly YET another typo. Because all the points updates make such a clusterfuck that even the people who write the fucking books can't keep up

Why are Encarmine Axes and Swords so much more expensive than the Force weapons to which they are completely identical in stats.

Who gets to take a master crafted Powersword?

Reposting from last thread, looking for critique on converting epub to pdf. Converted Chapter Approved to 1080px wide, working bookmarks/outline tree and working table of content links. Anything I can do to make better pdf files?

mega.nz/#!pfZDDZwK!wxk8yqBaUbT8FQ_M0A27pSTIfOez5CWKMhFdA_i0yXE

the most recent dev commentary talks about using profiles and wargear from index entries.

I think Huron actually looks quite cool

Can't wait for GW to go "no point changes until NEXT Chapter Approved Blood Angels! Be sure to buy it like a gud goy!"
Tigers don't change their stripes lads

don't spend all 7 points in one place. get the most out of it and buy 7 hand flamers

Gravis Captain

Huron is late 4th Edition, though, so less than 10 years.
Kharn, Ahriman and Typhus are all brand-new plastic models.
Or go for some of the FW characters, like that Alpha Legion dude.
It's really just Fabulous Bill, Failbaddon and Lucius that are really old.

No one knows. Not even gw.

They were stuck with a design conundrum, they wanted SG to cost less than Assault Terminators so couldn't lower the sword/axe cost to 7/9 points where they should be and raise the base model cost without the fist loadout being too expensive.

Except literally every codex so far has had point cost corrections via FAQ, fuckboi.

I wish IG would get a Katyusha's equivalent manticore rockets are too big and complex

>checking out some other armies
>9 fucking points for a t3 6+ Wych
Wew lad, these vanilla index prices are looking shit, 8th isn't even that old and the creep is real.

Thats actually an amazing buff to hand flamers.

So scourges come with 3 feathery wings, 2 bat, yeah?
I plan on investigating this blue stuff molding malarkey I've heard about for Dark Lances, is it usable enough to get an extra feathery wings too?

If there were only some way to give this guy a claw and a bald head...

Well, Wyches make horribly effective tarpits. I mean, sure, they will probably see a massive points drop, but I can see them staying at 6 or 7. Being able to nope Fall Back is HUUUGE.

I want a GSC. Since Witch Hunters is like playing in easy mode.

Wonder how easy it would be to proxy the non genesealer stuff

>D3 S3 hits at horrible range
>compared to one solid S4 shot
I think 1 point just barely makes them worth taking.

Is this an okay list for 1000pts? Should I pick different relic or trait?

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Tyranids) [62 PL, 995pts]

Hive Fleet: Gorgon

HQ
Broodlord [8 PL, 162pts]: Monstrous Rending Claws,
- Power: Catalyst,
- The Maw-claws of Thyrax,
- Warlord Trait: Synaptic Lynchpin
Broodlord [8 PL, 162pts]: Monstrous Rending Claws,
- Power: The Horror

Troops
Genestealers [12 PL, 156pts]: 3x Acid Maw
- 13x Genestealer: 13x Rending Claws

Heavy Support
Trygon Prime [10 PL, 203pts]: Adrenal Glands, Biostatic Rattle, 3x Massive Scything Talons

yes, now enjoy 7 more of them from your baal discount

> GW literally just went on record saying there released FAQs too fast (like guard one) and want to slow it down to 2 a year (March/September)
What's it like being so fucking stupid?

Hey it used to be spending fucking 8 points for them. a 7 point buff is all i could ask for.

>Warlord Trait: Synaptic Lynchpin
why

Its 200 points for 20 an agonizer and a couple gauntlets. Thats like 18 genestealers or a whole IG Battalion.

> want Sanguinary Guard to cost less
> less
> so they couldn't lower the price
> couldn't lower
> want to cost less
Was it autism?

Sorce?

it wasn't that they were releasing them too fast in general it was that they were releasing them too fast and they changed the codex to much. I.E. Commissar nerf. They are still doing faqs per codex but that is mostly for clarification on rules.

Have no idea which one would be good for this list desu

It's likely what went through their heads when they were writing down point values. I swear they have a naked numerologist strapped to a chair and poke him and write down the number he screams as the point value.

>Want to play Chaos Space Marines
>Don't want to invest in soon to be obsolete, 10+ year old manlet marines.

Life is suffering. Just give me new Berzerkers and Fabius Bile Evil Clone Primaris.
I also requested a fucking new Abaddon model in the survery. By now, I think Sisters will be updated before him.

It's not a rebalancing, it's correcting fucking typos, dunce.
Also
>trusting GW to keep their word

>fag wants me to spoon feed him
look it up faggot

Yeah I just picked up the metal model off eBay for almost nothing. The hand outstretched pose is really striking to me. He's going in a dettol bath soon though

You could consider switching to kraken since most of your guys would want to get into charge range.
Gorgon lets you reroll 1s, but that wont matter if they never get close.

And kraken warlord trait is the best one for the list

>new Berzerkers
just buy blood warriors from AOS, and convert them that's what I've done.
slash some arms, grab some marine shit, you only readily need like 20 of them
>Abaddon
yeah fuck abby
I'd take sisters over him and i'd much rather everything else in the fucking range get updated. just take the 30k version give him a claw and it will be fine but also. don't black legion son
winners don't do black legion

They have what 100 army lines between 3 games, its gonna take a while to come around to their turn again.

>new Berzerkers
>buy AoS Blood Warriors
>strap CSM backpacks onto them
Done.
Bile's Primaris Clones I think are in the making, or at least GW are keeping that option open.
Bile himself you can actually kitbash yourself a new one, if you don't mind it getting rather expensive.

>gw will never just update manlet marines with new poses such as the Deathwatch
>instead we get Stormaris Eternessors

Will we see Primaris Soul Drinkers?

would pic related be a good replacement to the scions heads? love the kasrkin models but also like the scions and they are in plastic and readily available in a SC. or would i be better off somehow kitbashing pic related with cadians to make my stormtrooper army? i know if i do this ill be a nazi but i cant resist the helmets

That's not how you spell
>I'm talking out of my ass

>talks out of his ass
>is called out and told to provide proof
>waaah spoonfeeding!!

They are, that poster is a dumbass newfag.

how can someone tell if a model is recast, assuming said model is 100% fully assembled and painted? Is it thinness?

> thinking GW will EVER give away points values for free again after GHB and Chapter Approved
Do you still believe in Santa as well user?

Actually there's nothing really wrong with the old Berzerker kit. Sure it's not very highly detailed but a lot of people on here think that's a good thing. Just get some extra chainswords from your CSM box and you're golden.

They literally fail 50% of the time to prevent falling back

Primaris are only for loyalists.

If the extra moldlines aren't cleaned, that's one way. But if the casts are good and the cleanup is good there's not much way of knowing.

Afaik the Soul Drinkers are wiped out. But nothing's stopping you from making your Primaris Marines into them. Actually know a guy who did just that.

> still hasn't read it
Y u so mad tho

that was my thought, i mean you can tell when a model's been recast if the loss of detail is obvious, shitty moldlines/flash that shouldn't be on, etc etc

Eh. Any unit can just surround enemies to make it impossible for them to fall back, but Wyches have a 50% chance of preventing it on top of that. And with Wyches being, as far as I know, the only unit able to do so, they are infinitely better at preventing it than anything else.

i don't disagree, the bandoliers, the chains. all great. however it's short and it looks weird on the table now with the tall units i use.
i would have preferred to go mk3 chain sword and chainaxe and run them up the table like it's HH again that would be great

youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=YWdD206eSv0

You make a claim, you provide proof, bitch.

soon hopefully, been rereading the series in anticipation. corbec's death still makes me feel empty

Hey /40kg/, besides Primaris and Kataphrons from AdMech, what units can get plasma on every model?

It was directly from the mouth of Pete Foley on Warhammer Twitch

>New Abaddon
Literally never. If they didn't for the BL Suppliment or Fall of Cadia it won't ever happen. Most likely he'll just be soft-squated as the Daemon Primarchs take the fore and never heard from again, but there's a decent chance Guilliman kills him.

1. They were Loyalists.
2. They refounded other chapters with Primaris.

>1. They were Loyalists.

>Huron Blackheart

Man, winters is such a lazyfag/CAACfag.

His Death Guard list is literally just two Dark Imperium halves slapped together with a couple of rhinos and easy build marines.

Sternguard, Wolfguard, Company Veterans, Ravenwing Black Knights, Chaos Terminators, Blightlord Terminators, Deathwatch.

>Who?
1d4chan.org/wiki/Lugft_Huron

So they're not eating up multi damage shots you want to put on the suits.

>1. They were Loyalists.

>Not knowing the one true Everchosen of Chaos