>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

Previous Thread(s):

Finished base for my eagle riding Prince.
Corpses are fun to paint

And another angle

looks nice

If my color scheme is white and gold with purple and black details, what color should the eye glow be? I was thinking blue

If it's someone like me, you're not going to find anything from the last decade. I wouldn't worry about it, though, if your recipient was looking for certain stuff, they would have made it known in their email to santanon.

Oh, that information gets posted through as part of the santee's address? Sweet!

hahahahwuwuhwhahha! You are completely to blame here, Santee.

isn't the whole point to get a random thing

I just sent a bunch of models I found cool. And some candies.

Some people gave requests, not very many from what I understand, though.

I'm the slowest fucking painter.

it's took me over a month to paint two and a half models (and even then they're not amazing), I feel your pain.

What can I do to git gud?

Also would highlighting this demon face bright yellow make it look good, or have I completely chosen the wrong colour scheme here?

Repostan death guard WIP

Looking for colour suggestions for the pipe fittings and ports, was thinking either silver or dark bronze but can't decide between the two

Cool is subjective, as is value. I'd want my santee to feel ... a very specific thing. I don't know the word. The more information I have, the closer I will be able to get to achieving that.

Butte [Baroque], it doesn't really matter. I should just have fun with this and not get too worked up about it.

Oooohhhhiiioooo....

Nani??

Not ohio but might be jealous.

I just said what I collect, if the santa wants to send me completely unrelated stuff that's fine

I think the idea was that if you had any requests, be general or not overly specific.

Like, saying "I have too many space marines, so please no space marines" or "I collect pretty minis" is fine.

Your plagues so far remind me of dinner mints and it makes me feel very comfy.

I think silver would look nice but it would be a clean feeling. If you want them to be dirty and gross do the dark bronze.

Holy shit a leviathan. Is that the Dread sized, Knight size or Titan sized one?

Did you buy it for yourself, or is that going out for /ss/?

I sure hope my recipient doesn't have too many space marines...

it's fine user, you can never have too many space marines

wew lad, I hope ohioanon builds this for us

>it's fine user, you can never have too many space marines

Wisdom.

Ya, I just read/am reading the exchange in a previous thread on the topic.

I think having a scale or a ... no-obligation quote type thing, possibly even a system, is good if they sit outside "anything

>Oooohhhhiiioooo....

There's nothing wrong with Ohio
Except the snow and the rain
I really like Drew Carey and I'd love to see
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame

>I just sent a bunch of models I found cool. And some candies.

I packed up a bunch of hobby supplies, burned a few DVD's, got some candy together, threw in some models, and penned some inspirational words in the card. It'll go out tomorrow.

Floridanon, if you're here, give me a general idea of what you're collecting so I can get you some stuff you'll like. 40k, AoS, or something else?

There are many floridanons, though.

The first minis I've ever painted, in order, left to right. Any tips outside of "thin your paints?" I'm awful at painting eyes on these things.

Hell of a good start, lad.

you are doing awesome! maybe try edge highlighting next? also I think if you put the bent areas under a hair dryer for a few seconds, you can bend them to be straighter. Im not so sure with reaper bones though- anyway awesome so far!

Hair dryer or a quick dunk in hot water then a soak in cold water also works well. Tho I think they should be unpainted

Is it just me or does Duncan not thin his paints enough? Whenever he adds water to his pants they don't look nearly thin enough not to blob all over the miniature.

Is this some kind of English magic?

How can you tell they're Reaper Bones?

Amazing!

common models. quality of detail. the bases.

Thanks! Yeah, I tried to straighten them before painting with hot water, but the skeleton's bow and knight's sword in particular refused to stay. I'll probably have to go back and work on the knight a bit since the bending made the paint chip off a bit. Will definitely try a hairdryer though and see if that works.

All of them except the gnome rogue are Reaper. The gnome is one of the Wizkids minis.

>go to top off my package with a Kingdom Death pinup model
>sprue and packaging are a quarter inch too large to fit in my little flat rater
Enjoy your replacement handful of Reaper Bones user :^)

Enemies of the Imperium!

Cower and flee before the might of my GLORIOUS MUTTON CHOPS!

10/10 would follow to my death.

love it

>tfw also got matched to an Ohiofag
>tfw overloaded the FUCK outta my box
Fucking Ohioans are gonna make out like thieves this Secret Santa.
I'll probably send my box out tomorrow Cameron. 1-3 day shipping on the bugger too.

Hey guys, I'm slowly learning how to do mordheim stuff- the pic isnt mine, but I was wondering if anyone knows what material they used to make the stucco look on the posterboard?

Also, if I carve bricks into foam, can I varnish it to make it more resistant to being crushed?

modge podge

awesome! I cant wait to try it out! Thanks!

You fit those damn titties in the box, user.

The one matched with Japanon

mostly done my rogue trader farseer. i put many hours of tender love into this, i think its my best work

>yfw you get grinched after sending a nice gift

Little early isn't it?

I'll be honest, thought that was a really elaborate dice tower at first glance.

You even have lens shine! You've got a great steady hand.

That little skink looks disgusted with how you shopped that noble slann

Assembled a box of warriors today, bringing my force up to my list's total of 12+2 primes.

Priming the lot tomorrow, and should have their skins done by the weekend.

Hot dang, that's a lot of stuff. Some of y'all are *really* getting into the spirit of the season!

wew thats a big gun! I like it!

Finally getting around to painting my Chaos Dwarfs team

nice, what colour scheme?

I also found it weird how large the venom cannon is for warriors. The only difference in size between the deathspitters and venom cannons on warriors and carnifex is the arm socket size. Everything else is mostly the same.

But I guess they are all carrying heavy bolters and missile launchers, so it's to be expected.

I'm starting an IG army and got my hands on some Valhallans and Kriegsmen, so I wanna do some greyish and rough stuff like pic. Any tips for rust and general wear? I've only painted clean vehicles because of a lack of experience and muh space marines being more on the clean side aesthetically. With the two regiments I chose being the ones that spend the most time in holes I figured they should be at least a bit dirty. pls help me user, my quartermaster has a bolter at my head...

I haven't even sent my stuff out yet!

Skins will be layers of deep to lighter purple, chitin is pic related, but the hooves, melee weapons, and guns I dont know and would actually like ideas on. I think I will have the guns a different color than the swords though.

stippling is going to be your best friend, try doing layers of leadbelcher, then brown rust on top letting some of that metal through, then a light top of orange flavored rust.

fuck I really like this scheme, what color are you gonna do the fleshier bits?

Ever since I was little I've had a bad habit of over-gifting. There's worse things to have I guess.

maybe consider a pinky red (screamer pink base maybe) for the weapons and keep the claws/hooves black

What, like regular flesh? The vents on the arms and weapons? I'm thinking something close to this. Gradients of drybrushed purple, and a reddish pink for the vents.

Nasty, I like it. Might have to borrow some inspiration.

dunno why but your scheme is reminding me of hydra

I did this for a local secret santa mini exchange. This photo is edited a bit in Adobe Lightroom because I also used the project for a college photography course.

How about something like pic related (my 7e sporefield formation) reddish pink for the weapons? Ive done it before, it wouldn't be too far out of line to distinguish living weapons (like these mines/guns) from the rest of the nid line.

I'm just worried it would blend too much with the purple.

My other option was to do layers of green.

have fun user. im still kicking myself for passing on that team when it went up for made to order

Could be filler

what kind of filler?

Marauders for mordheim

texture paste on cardboard maybe.

That appears to be spackle. It's good for texture but not super strong.

The compound you seek is Durham's water putty, for both of your applications. You can mix it to your desired consistency, from a paste for spackle, to a soupy, runny thinness for filling cracks or sealing foam.

Can you cut the sprue into two halves and semi-stack them to fit?

You don't (intentionally) get paired off in secret santas, it's traditionally random-lot selection.

Pic related was done with Durham's in a roughly 4:1 mix.

Derp here's the picture

Hey Texas user in Apt. 909, post your interests and initials(as proof); I'll see if I can't cater to them.

oh 1 parts Durham to 4 part water? and how much time do I have before it sets? I want to try to make it a very subdued texture in some spots

4 parts durhams to 1 part water. You'll have quite a bit of time to work it, even with ratios that favor the dry mix quite heavily.

First time participating in Secret Santa, these are the gifts I bought today and I'm shipping them out tomorrow. My recipient didn't specify anything he wanted or didn't want so I just bought some stuff that looked fun. Hope he likes it.

Is Armory primer as bad as every source i can find says it is? Scored a full can at the thrift store today for a dollar, but chances are it got donated because it's garbage

Try it on some leftover sprues/ paint scheme test mule. What've you got to loose?

I'm sure they'll love getting anything. It's actually kinda surprising how many user are asking for specifics or posting pics (no offense intended :0) as the whole thing it supposed to be random anyways. So don't sweat it :p I hope 'stralianon likes what I get for them, I can't go all out this year and do an entire zombicide pledge box like last time.

You don't understand. I am Japanon.

>dat beholder
Fuck, maybe it's just my love for Doom's Cacodemons talking but god damn that lil sucker is cute.
Good taste user, I'd be happy to receive that box.

>:0
>:p
stop that

:3c

Getting back into the game with around 3k pts of unpainted Death Guard.

Starting with Typhus

>I am Japanon.
NANI, ALPHARIUS DESU?!

Thanks, I wasn't sure how this whole thing usually goes.

I had to buy one for myself too. It was a pleasant surprise, my store stocked a bunch of unpainted D&D minis right as I got there. For D&D stuff it was surprisingly affordable ($5) especially for the quality. I'm going to splurge on a lot more of this line once I shrink my backlog.

>For D&D stuff it was surprisingly affordable
Aye, that whole line is crazy cheap for the quality. I'm always on the look out for those sets but they sell out quick at my FLGS.
I know because I was going to buy a few for my Secret Santa and there were none.
I didn't know they had a beholder though, I need'a recheck the range.

Minor update on bloaty necrosis project. Gonna make a few changes like to the red wash near the vent but seems like so far so good. I'm not sure if I should keep it like that or opt for trying to wash the area around it red or purple.

>put my game/faction preferences in the SS signup email just because
>realize I’d rather get random cool shit anyway, in no small part because my collections are already too big and mostly unused to begin with
Whoops. I hope my match is a rebel who don’t play by no rules

the rot is a nice touch!

Cacodemons are rad and that's definitely how I'd paint something like that if I got it. Can't wait until I get my hands on DOOM VR, sounds like it could be fun.