Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

TANKRED ENDURES! EDITION

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for plastic Huron Blackheart
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=JdEINFmMn4M [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

>Chapter Approved 2017 PDF Link expires 11th Dec
sendit.cloud/ka0m7biqerze

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!pfZDDZwK!wxk8yqBaUbT8FQ_M0A27pSTIfOez5CWKMhFdA_i0yXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Grey Knights...

are smart missiles really 20pts.?

It feels underwhelming because you're using them against guardsmen. You'll never bring enough sanguinary guard to actually clear a unit of guardsmen with angelus bolt guns, which means the chaff is still in your way. Plus if you're using sanguinary guard to kill guardsmen then you've really fucked up your battle plan. Even though you'll kill far less models I think you're better off using those boltguns against something like MEQ or TEQ, because guardsmen are just so points efficient woundswise.

Repostin
Actually at 3 points you are getting 4 of them for 12 points and if we are generous and up 2.9 to 3 wounds you are on average killing 3 guardsman worth 4 points which is 12 points. So you are making exactly your points back before charging into said guard and only doing 3.56 wounds. Why does this feel so underwhelming.

>cool, a blog that looks at 40k from a statistical standpoint
>front page has an article about why inclusion matters in WH40k
>okay, maybe he brings something new to the table
>nope, no statistics in sight, just the same tired talking points about how male gamers are exclusionary assholes and how women and coloreds will only play if they have a wildly disproportionate representation in the artwork
>caps it all off with a picture of Hillary fucking Clinton
Wew lad.

somone was saying the stormhawk is better than the storm talon due to number of guns

Is this true?

see

I have 3 units of 3 Bullgryn and 3 Primaris Psykers. I was thinking of loading up 1 squad of 3 with a Psyker in a Valkyrie and the other 2 squads in Chimeras. Is that worth it? Or am I better off footslogging them and going for more ranged tanks?

If I wanted to deep strike my land raider with this new DA strategem, what would be the best outfit for it?

I dont really know what i want to be using them for. I guess killing MEQs but even then you are only killing 2.26 of them which definitely isnt going to make their points back and then they are shot to shit next turn. God dammit i just get sad after doing the math

Absolutely not. For ground targets the stormtalon is far better. For targets with fly the hawk is good, but against other flyers it's bad since it hits on 4s. The extra guns don't make up for the lesser BS.

>deep strike my land raider with this new DA strategem
Where is this? What have I missed?

I might be reading it wrong, but its the Inner Circle strategem.

Isn't that infantry only?

Crusader

It's gives LR the DW keyword and inner cirle ability.

No, it specifically says a land raider or dreadnought.

Where are you getting that it grants deep strike to a unit? It gains and , meaning that it can benefit from whatever buffs those keywords may grant from different characters, not that it suddenly gains deep strike like a Terminator.

I mean prove me wrong please but the stratagem itself does not grant deep strike and neither Deathwing nor Inner Circle give it to anything.

They're elite slayers. d3 damage weapons are meant to kill pesky bikes and termies. With +1S from a priest, +1 to wound from red thirst you're wounding terminators on a 2+. You can even go after bigger targets, after all you wound a landraider on 4+.

I don't know shit about DA other than their deathwing is all about deep striking. Ignore me pls. I'm still holding out hope that the inner circle ability lets me deep strike a land raider full of terminators for the hilarity of it all

As a follow-up to this. Remember that now you can take inferno pistols for only 6 points more than a boltgun. So go one-turn-kill some landraiders, and remember that if you surround it when you kill it the contents automatically die, and if you don't manage to kill it but have still surrounded it then you're protected from enemy fire for a full turn.

Posting one last time since I got no response last thread. I've attempted to make a full featured pdf of Chapter Approved and have uploaded it to mega. Can I please get some feedback on if I need to improve my method of pdf generation.

mega.nz/#!pfZDDZwK!wxk8yqBaUbT8FQ_M0A27pSTIfOez5CWKMhFdA_i0yXE

I still can't get over this. I will never stop laughing at how hard they dropped the ball

im dumb explain this

Holy shit, just looked at some AoS models for the first time.

So when is 40k getting this level of quality?

So I guess the solution is "don't fight guard"

Good advice really

If you hide a unit behind line of sight blocking terrain but leave a character out in the open the character can't be shot if it's not the closest unit, even though it's the only visible one.

You can't shoot at a character if there is a unit closer even if it's out of line of sight.
So,say, Guilliman can walk across the field unmolested if there is a single model out of line of sight but closer.

It's too busy user. it needs less stuff on it.

go away, you're unnecessary

oh god why did they make it worse

All things considered they're not *that* terrible against guard since they're good tank hunters, and jump pack deepstrike with 3d6" charge range can get you over a lot of chaff. Plus if you get off a charge against multiple vehicles you 1) are more likely to fight one that can't fall back, thus protecting your unit and 2) are keeping a lot of their army from shooting your other dudes. You just have to make sure that you bring enough anti-infantry support to clear a spot for them to land behind the enemy front line. Probably the best thing to do is wait a turn and have them come in turn 2 to fuck shit up when the board is much more open.

Basically RAW you can shoot characters that START with more than 10 wounds once they get wounded below 10.

Some major autists have been grasping on to it hard.

Its completely retarded they managed to fuck this up in a book which itself is basically a complied FAQ.

like assassin spam?

why cant they just replace grey knights with these guys, much cooler and less mary sue

Alright yeah it's difficult killing a unit of 20 Warriors with anti-tank weapons

When someone isn't a moron and shoots them with Assault Cannons and other anti-infantry, they disappear because T4 4+ is nothing.

But honestly, the issue is that Necrons don't fucking kill anything. It's hard to kill the Infantry? Ok, what are they killing of yours? Nothing, that's what. They all have slightly better Bolters. Yay? Destroyers and Vehicles with good guns are all like at least 50% more expensive than they should be, so if you take killy units, your army is way too small to do anything. That 20 Warrior block? That's 1/8th of the whole army and is essentially chaff with decent guns that can't get anywhere because a 5" move sucks chode.

They need point changes so you can bring those big bricks that they're basically forcing you to bring, and so you can bring Destroyers without 2 units being a quarter+ of your whole fucking army.

Also Flayed Ones would be great if they were like 3-5 points cheaper. But 21 points per model for 4+ melee units with no good delivery system is laughably bad.

So, does this mean a a wounded Mortarion can’t be targeted because there’s a closer nurgling hiding around the corner?

Playing against a Berzerker heavy chaos list tomorrow, are Berzerker attacks rolled as three attacks each with the chainaxe and one each rolled seperately for the extra chainsword attack?

Not sure if they'll roll them all together as if the extra attack was with the chainaxe. Can anyone explain how it should be done?

I still dispute this because whenever they reference wounds like that they always say "wounds remaining" like in the damage degradation charts. They have two very defined terms of "wounds remaining" and "wounds characteristic," but "wounds" is ambiguous.

For me

I always forget they are D3 weapons.

You're a bad man, and you should feel bad.

this is why i run 8 taurox primes with minigun hotshot volley guns

maybe?

Two questions.
1. Is English your second/third language?
2. Have you even remotely read the rules in the Berzerker data sheet?

Morty has more than 10 wounds

I'm not a chaos player, but as I read it it should be one extra attack rolled separately as it lacks the extra strength and AP. I was just looking for confirmation.

Not if he's wounded down to 9 wounds or less.

that's correct, it's specifically an attack with the chainsword profile

It's going to get worse because now I'm getting Guilliman

Where are the heads from. I assume the rest are Skitarii/Ruststalker and Wych bitz?

Thanks for clarifying, user.

I believe user said the GW skulls

>me brain no like detail

Is there a typo on the Venomthropes Shrouding Spores rule? Why does it describe two effects that are identical?

Well he's not wrong

Why are Drukhari players so rare, and yes I know Veeky Forums prefers to say Dark Eldar but I honestly think Drukhari sounds less generic.

It only effects non-monsters while you have less then 3 models.

The army is weak and it's hard to transport it.
Also Ynnari

thats not how the rule works.
if it worked that way it would sayn"woubds remaining" like other rules that do.

Stupid boats and infantry with shit sticking out, lots of things to break.

>hard to transport
Maybe if you're using a tacklebox instead of a pack720.

Weak? Or hard to play?

the army has been consistently rare across editions - you can't really just talk about 8th

I'm too busy painting my Hellions to post right now.
>Stupid boats
>Hard to transport
Boats are awesome and all you have to do is be mildly careful and the minis are fine. This means you can't toss the box at your passengers seat or something. I've actually never had anything break in my plastic tub I keep them in.

Detail is fine too much detail on a ~28mm scale miniature is bad. Looks like smeared shit unless you're eyeball close.

If I already have a ‘tanky’ army like Death Guard, would an Iron Hands army be worth it? I bench 250lbs

well they didn't get a codex update for a few editions in a row, so that didn't help the situation

Wait, is that for a specific ability or in general? If the latter, my GSC’s luck just turned up

>Bought 600 dollars worth of models
>Can't find anyone in my area to play with

>I bench 250lbs
So did I, when I was 16

Where do you live?

It's the new general character targeting rule. Applies always.

You can play with me user. I only play Chad armies like DE and GSC

>I bench 250lbs
Stop lying and go play eldar you twig

I'm 6'3" and just moved into a new apartment. Gonna say no. Disgustingly Resilient works on a 5+ and Iron Handlets just get a sad little 6+.

So what’s the point of abilities that let a nearby unit take the shot instead?

>Spending 600 dollars on plastic
Could have bought a polymer handgun and shot yourself

Alice Springs

Consider this:

In 7th edition, Deathwing Knights on the charge did an average of (2/3x5/6x16)=8.9 wounds to MEQ (at initiative), plus (1/2x1/3x5)=0.83 wounds for Hammer of Wrath (at initiative 10), totaling ~9.7 wounds on average to MEQ, even more to CSM thanks to Deathwing rule. Thanks to fortress of shields, it took an average of 72 lasguns to kill one terminator.

In 8th edition, a unit of Deathwing Knights on the charge does an average of (2/3x2/3x2/3x11)= 2.4442 wounds to MEQ. No more hammer of wrath. It still takes 72 lasgun shots to kill a terminator (unless a command point is spent on Fortress of Shields as a Strategem.)

Has any other unit been so nerfed by 8th? While they've gotten more survivable against plasma-style weapons, they're no more survivable against small-arms fire and literally 25% as effective in optimal conditions against their best target, high-value MEQs.

>72 Lasguns to kill a terminator
That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard, unless you mean in Overwatch.

Wrong.
On average, a guardsman hits 50% of shots, wounds t5 (which in 7th DW Knights are with Fortress of Shields, which they had as a passive ability) 1/6th of the time, and penetrates 2+ armour save 1/6th of the time.
That's 1/2 x 1/6 x 1/6 chance of actually scoring a wound, 72 lasgun shots.

nice flail kiddo

now lemme show you mine

I assume thery're for protecting your character when they are targetable. Though if you bubblewrap you characters, like you should, then they're only targetable by snipers and some psychic powers.

>Dark Eldar
>Chad army

Aren't they suppose to be susceptible to mass small arms fire or am i thinking of some other unit?

what exactly is the WAAC strategy for death guard? I think it may be an oxymoron but is it 5 man plague marine squads with blights and plasma with mortarion?

S3 wounds T5 on 3+ in 8th.

Fucking retard

Morty+Magnus

And guard regiments

poxwalker blob backed up by typhus, mortal wound spam, and mortarion.

First thing you're supposed to do when picking a hobby is looking into what people are playing where you live.
In your case you can still ebay the stuff you don't want, but you deserve to feel like an idiot.

>On average
Then I have a FUCKTON of GK terminators queued up to make every single lasgun save according to the law of averages. Trying to use averages in this game is fucking brainlet tier strategy. The best you can do is calculate probabilities and pray the dice don't roll over a microscopic obstacle that pushes them to land on a 1.

>S3 wounds T5 on 3+ in 8th.

user, are you high ?

Why the fuck are Guardsman so strong?

3 PBC with an arch contaminator is a must imo.
DP with Wings, Talons and Suppurating Plate + Warptime is great. Especially when combined with deepstriking Deathshroud or Blightlords.
Bloatdrones with Plaguespitters are also great.

>mortarion and typhus working together

waacfags are irredeemable

Cheap and lots of shots, same with their vehicles. In an edition where weight of fire is king and everything can wound everything. Basically classic GW CAACfag rules writers' shortsightedness.

They're not