Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Serious Heresy Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Female Space Marines
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=JdEINFmMn4M

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

First for Eldar.

2nd for Necrons!

Start Collecting: Cusstoads WHEN?

February

Looking at Dark Angel Focus.

Kinda happy they added that fluffy stratagem for Dark Angels and Wolf boys, promotes you to mix up your army/ have brothers be brothers.

>5 custodes
>custodes character
>BaC dread

When we get Aquilon Terminators in 40k

What kind of statline would they have in 40k? T6, W4? 3+ save on a 2d6? Or 2+ and built in 3++?

It's just one model, not sure if I want to waste 1 CP on that.

Two models, both would be killy characters who get even more so

You can use it to buff either your warlord/beatstick character.

Also, doesn't say anything about not beefing up named characters either.

Not sure if characters are worth the cost m8.
8ed is all about the shooty.

nth for GW hotfixing keyword in juuuuuuuuust to fuck over the GSC players they obviously don't want to have anymore.

raw booty, morty and mangy magic can hack and slash through basically everything and people love them for it

Well, those are also fucking Primarchs

Half of Robby's value is his crazy aura

and characters, other choppy characters include cawl, celestine, straken and marbo when he comes out

stop whining

they will release a codex eventually

>Celestine
>choppy
Wut? She is just a distraction carnifex.

Where to get the latest novels, especially Warmaster?

6 attacks at 7S with ap-2 a 2 damage
she is able to do this 3 times per turn with acts of faith
even by herself she can kill most things, more now since geminae can take relics which include the power sword

>play Order of the Bloody Rose
>their fluff is basically crazy bitches that run a lot of Dominions wanting to get get close
>I run mostly melta dominion in Repressor 3-6 units
>2 Seraphims squads
>3 Immolator battle sister squad

Is this fluffy or Waac? I mean their lore is to go fast and with as many assault weapons as possible.

She chops through most units pretty well. I wouldn't send her up against stuff like Grey Knight Paladins but she'll tear her way through a squad pretty fast, especially when faith powers let her attack twice.

>charge once
>kill 6 guardsmen if lucky or wound one random tank
>next everyone falls back, dies to lasgun

Do you work for GW where the units always do their max damage?

>sending saint celestine to fight guardsmen
>not keeping a CP for the resurrection reroll

Has anyone actually run her? Because she is just a distraction that dies to anything, killing her is not hard.
While here killing power is lacking for the cost.

I ran her by herself against commander farsight, 4 drones and 3 infantry battlesuits (came in the start collecting set, can't remember their names) and she came out with 1 wound to spare.

>Orks are a melee race
>I2

forgot to mention, she also then killed illic(?) nightspear after regenerating a bit

>send her against shit
>almost die
user are you trying to agree with the previous point of going against?

Depends on if you play her like a retard or not, send her into the right targets, stick her in combat and make it hard for the enemy to kill her. If you must suicide charge her, do it while getting value out of t such as removing a high priority threat or being a distraction for something else to get stick in.

If you or the people you are playing against are loosing her without getting any value, then they are shit. If you take advantage of her acts of faith she can be sticky as fuck.

Hell, after she dies the first time if you kill her second and keep the last sister alive to your turn, you can bring her back to life through the act of faith that lets you restore one model to the game with 1 wound, that has been useful surprisingly often for finsihing of high value targets.

Mfw Death Guard get better bonuses and units to support an Iron Warrior play style than Iron Warriors

>I2
>8th edition
she went by herself against a dedicated melee unit, a drone squad to soak up wounds and battlesuits
That is the most I would send her up against as long as she hasn't died yet

She is still a distraction carnifex.
Her value is annoying the crap of the opponent. Nothing else.

t. SoBfag that haven't lost a single game since 8th was release
Granted my loca meta must be full of retards.

Who got what from who?
Sorry marine stuff all look the same and it gets confusing.

Isn't the change so that you need to take an actual Tyranid Codex detachment (1HQ and 1 Troops) to get access to the Strategems, rather than literally nothing from said Codex?

I dont disagree that she is a great distraction, but the claim that she dies without doing much such as claims is plain wrong, like in my last game she kept a squad of the skitari robots, crawl and a dunecrawler distracted long enough for my custodes to get in, and even then seh solod another squad of robots and another dunecrawler, so she isnt a light weight who dies easily, unless you are retarded.

has anyone actually noticed that the youtube link is Alex fucking Jones yet?

She dies not doing much, the kill ratio of Celestine is roughly the same as a melta Dominon squad in Repressor.

Being playing SoB for a long time and I expect Celestine to die every game. That is her job to annoy the crap of the opponent so he waste resource into killing her.

I like fluffy stuff, but it's a very limited stratagem that takes up a precious slot that could've been used for something that doesn't require taking allies, especially ones that you probably don't like.

You could always use it in a 2v2 or something maybe?

Guess the meta at my lgs is just different user, as my experiences are very different, every game she will distract the enemy, but she will still kill lots of shit and surprisingly often, she survives.

Maybe we both have retardad metas.

Well in my lgs there is only one player who can deal with 3 custodes squads slowly marching across the field, they ebing the resident waacfag.

Mostly I deal with people who play caac lists and a sm player who every game just sits in one spot the entire game using chapter master rerolls, but never goes for objectives. So mine is a tad retarded.

>Ordo Hereticus
>no bonus vs Imperium
Why? They are heretic hunters with a side dish of psyker.

Probably because they hunt chaos, not the imperium

I haven't lost a game since 8th was release.
I'm running basically the same list from 7th.

I'm considering changing to GSC because SoB are easy mode.

She can take on practically anything in close combat, her only weakness is to getting shot at after her opponent falls back. The solution is to take plenty of Seraphim to turn 1 assault 2-4 units so they can't shoot on their turn. If your opponent deploys along his table edge to prevent it then that's even better, it means he's basically given up on scoring points.

One of the players in my group plays necrons and gets excited when ever something obviously is going to win gets a kill, he always says that necrons are underpowered and always get the shaft even in previous editions, how do i get him to fucking stop other then to never play him?

That is Ordo malleus
Hereticus deals with traitors, faith issues and psyker as their main dish

the more you know

If your store is like mine than any non-marine army will be easy mode, since people dont know how to deal with non-marines.

Because people would probably take offence when >their dudes aren't loyalist because a bunch of Ordo Hereticus show up

It would be called Stop Collecting because it would have their entire range.

SoB are just marines with tits, user. Anything effective against T4 is going to be effective against T3, and sisters have a subset of space marine equipment.

The hereticus are basically the paranoid schizo ordo, and narratively speaking many of them probably would accuse actual loyalists of being secret traitors.

They just, you know, mysteriously get lost in the warp.

true, but their ability to double tap with aof, use of flamers and meltas is better than marines, I do wish there was a SoB player in my store though. I would love to play them personaly, but I aint made of gold.

Say to him the magic word: "Decurion"
He will not be able to say crons were shafted before.

They even war with eachother.

Being this wrong
SoB only have the good things from marines
Sv3+
BS3+
Ld8

They do not pay for useless stats that never use or care about.
But muhhh melee!
Why bother? If non melee units are in melee it means you already fuck up

>age of smegmar taking over my LGS
What do I do?

Join in the fun with a daemon army so you can play both systems

Burn it. Would be a public service

Which edition SM codex was it that had front views of the marines next to their profiles? Was this done in other race codexes as well?

Zero interest in playing Deamons

Play Skaven
Run them as Admech

How bad would be an EC + Slaanesh army be at a semicompetitive level? ie. people running AL/RG, flyers and Kronos/Behemoth shit, but no Malefic lord spam, Guilliman lists or the superfriends bullshit tier lists (I know alphabet bird and ML were nerfed, it's an example)

Rolling for this

1. Khorne and Slaanesh
2. Khorne and Nurgle
3. Khorne and Tzeentch
4. Slaanesh and Nurgle
5. Slaanesh and Tzeentch
6. Slaanesh
7. Nurgle
8. Khorne
9. Tzeentch
10. Tzeentch and Nurgle
11. All 4

Rolled 9 (1d11)

Hmm meant to roll

You know those shootout things? I am not suggesting anything, just saying.

Celestine looks like a nice addition to admech army going heavy on chicken-walkers.

Hi guys, should i get an eversor or a vindicare to support my imperial armies? No need for culexus since noone i play with fields psykers

Noise Marines are amazing and Slaaneshinators with combi plasmas can dish out ridiculous damage if you pop endless cacophony

JUST AS PLANNED

40k is a stone's throw away from AoS at this point.
But keep pretending like you really just killed the old world!!!!!1! Which you never played or bought models for

Sonic Dreads. Sonic fucking dreads.

I actually did.
But then again I love to collect armies and games that GW kills.

Since they abandoned it they now cant release some new atrocious edition, it will forever remain true. Good thing they clearly indicated when they started the mess by calling out "End Times".

How to convert them from Helbrutes?

How does this list rate between WAACfag and "Tabled by turn 3"?

+++Outrider Detachment+++
>HQ
Company Master
>>Storm Shield
>>MC Bolter

>Fast Attack

+2x RW Bike Squad+
1x Sergeant w/ Chainsword
2x RW Biker w/ Plasmagun

+RW Bike Squad+
1x Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol
2x RW Biker 2/ Meltagun

+RW Black Knights+
1x Huntsmaster w/ Corvus Hammer
4x Black Knight

+RW Darkshroud+
Assault Cannon

+++Vanguard Detachment+++

>HQ
Company Master
>>Relic Blade
>>MC BOlter

>Elite
+Company Veterans+
4x Company Veteran
1x Veteran Sergeant
x Comi-plasma
x Storm Bolter
x Plasmagun
x Heavy Bolter
x Storm Shield

>Dedicated Transport
Razorback
>>Lascannon and twin Plasmagun
>>Storm Bolter

Total: 1500/1500

I know Company Vets are a waste of point compared to Tacticals, but they're awesome.

I, on the other hand was just getting into Fantasy (as i am sure many people, cos the time was just right) to have lovely system without shitty marines and their stupid emperor, only cool races. Then GW like "nope, sigmarines here, Age of Crap ahoy". 0 interest to this now.

>0 interest to this now

And yet you're still here, like a cucked faggot

Don't know much about DA in 8th, but did you use a similar list in 7th?

I never got play 7e, got into the hobby in it's dying months.

Then why are you here

EC are awesome.
Noise Marines are one of the finest troops in the game.
The Slaaneshi stratagem is amazing.
Get one ranged Sonic Dread too.

This is 40k thread, you mongoloids. This is why i am here, not in Fantasy thread.

Well the composition looks fine. No artilleryspam or WAACfag stuff as far as I can tell. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy yourself.

I want to add an auxiliary squad of Flamestorm Aggressors to my Sisters of Battle to act as a beefy bubblewrap/front line screen. Is it even worth it or do Boltstorms just outperform in the role? Trying to avoid Imperium Soup and not just settle for a Crusader wall but damn do I love Aggressors

Noise bois are a great unit to have as a base to build other shit around. It's good to have troops that don't suck.

>Krieg boys ship from FW yesterday
>arrive today

Love the post sometimes.

So with the new rules you can't shoot characters in overwatch if they aren't the closest target?

Flamestorm Aggressors are pretty solid as far as points per wound goes if they can target light to medium vehicles or characters, but mostly if they get to hold their ground which might make it difficult to utilize them fully considering the range. They're still very efficient when running and firing at hordes in general.

As far as defense goes I doubt they're very point-efficient, but they ought to do the job.

How well do regular MS bits fit Primaris models?

Looking to get some Chads but they look bland as fuck.

Wait wait wait, did new one not specifies shooting phase? Can someone post that picture again?

It depends. If you're going to bubblewrap then some poor fucker will need to charge them. Flames work best if they're charging from close in but can't do dick if they start outside 8".

Add Apothacary and champion banner to boltstorms so that they'll need to kill them but still take casualties if they do. It's the purest cancer there is so long as the Apoc can get them back up.

Also good to remember that they shoot twice on overwatch since they didn't move that turn.