>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14562019
games-workshop.com/en-US/Seraphon-Army-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who /blightwar/ here

How to beat Changehost as Stormcast? Getting near objectives is terrifying with MW output.

I'm having trouble picking an army to start with. I probably only wanna do about 1000pts as a side game sort of thing. So far I've bounced around Fyreslayers, Nighthaunt, Spiderfang, and Beastclaw and I haven't really settled on one. Each kind has their own niggling issue. Fyreslayers are almost too limited, and $$$ expensive. Nighthaunt are kinda boring. Spiderfang don't have an Allegiance and only have 3 selections or so. Beastclaw apparently got nerfed into the ground unless you spam the troop riders.

Any advice? I want something seldom used and fun, not necessarily WAAC or super competitive.

1. Make sure your enemy is using the updated battalion as per the FAQ
2. Aetherstrike or Stardrake

oh boy 40k leftovers yummy yummy thanks daddy gee dubs!!

How are Bonespliters?

Use lightning chariot or teleportation
Take wizard allies to despell spells

Also, Why do stormcast have their own room/office at GW?

Best chaos god?
strawpoll.me/14562019

I bought the set, split and gave the nurgle shit to a friend

Sigmar of course.
And its supposed to be Malal, not Malice

kunnin ruk and arrowboys are the best thing they can do. It's good, but suffering from a point increase and being about the only way to build them. A surprising amount of wizards and shamans and stuff for orruks, though. lots of effects, actually quite fun.

1st - if you want to keep it on tight budget accept the fact you are limited to armies with Start Collecting box or other boxed deals like Spiderfang or Daughters of Khaine

2nd - Don't pick an army just because it has good rules RIGHT NOW. GW can nerf anything with new errata just like that. Rule of cool is not a meme mate - that's the only good way to choose your dudes

3rd - Do some research about 1000pts lists. I.e. with 2 BCR start collecting boxes you can build the best (but still weak) 1000pts beastclaw list:

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders
Huskard on Thundertusk (380)
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Trait: Everwinter's Master
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar
Butcher with cauldron (140) - just take your spare thundertusk/stonehorn kit and kitbash a big bowl on chain
- Allies
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 140 / 200
Wounds: 55

I am willing to bet they name their rooms, a lot of corporations do that. Make them seem more personably than "3A". The names rarely imply anything, so what's in the box could possibly not be stormcast stuff. It's not like that's the room where all stormcast stuff happens.

So got my DoT Battleforce box. It came with a battalion to run the units that came in the box. However the battalion dosnt have a point cost attached to it. Is it for Open/Narrative Play only then?

Makes sense

Yeah, same as start collecting battalions

post your herald when done

>That Video
>"At least he left me with two thin coats"

Reminder that this model in OP is the teeth rumor engine. Pic related. They look EXACTLY like this artwork.

2: There is going to be a new AoS box. Ill let you guys guess. It is either
DEATH vs Nurgle (year of death)
or
... STORMCAST vs Nurgle (again)

Place your bets. Reminder Nurgle kek'd isabella in the end times....

I would spread the good word of Jesus christ if it was Death vs Nurgle.

1. I'm okay with not being super thrifty but of course I'd rather spend less. I think my 'ideal' Fyreslayer 1000pt list was around 260 or so, which isn't that bad. I guess a sub $300 would be a starting point.
2. I don't want to pick for rules, I usually do
Models > Aesthetic and Fluff > Cost >Rules > Everything else
3. I've done research on the four that I mentioned, I'm just not married to any one of them.

What are some other uncommon armies/allegiances? Really I'd play any Alliance other than Chaos.

Isabella the Accursed could be cloned by papa nurgle.
Then Vlad could be a Stormcast, a much gayer and golder version of his cool old self.

No Necoho. You disappoint me user.

How does a Stardrake beat Tzeentch? His only weakness is mass MWs, which they have in spades. He beats Skyfires for sure but Changehost is the new hotness.

How is your AoS playgroup? Do you have any?

There are 6 people in my area playing AoS
>The Pestilens player - he owns an unpainted Verminlord Corruptor for 5 months now because after painting 60 monks he still feels not good enough to touch his precious Verminlord with a brush
>The Aelf player - she is just running two Spire Of Dawn boxes and a single skycutter. She prefers skirmish games and baking cookies for every single event she takes part in
>The SCE player - his every model must be painted and based before fielding. Actually the most salty guy about GW releases politic in our LGS
>The Ironjawz player - a 45kg of 1,6m girl with 10kg of butt. Little bit autistic, screams waaagh every time she butcher an opponent's unit. We are giving her all spare sprues because she uses them to make budget terrain stuff like bridges and walls
>The Deathrattle player - he just started with a Deathrattle Barrow Lords so he is playing skirmish for now. This is his very first miniature-based game ever so he is excited about everything
>The Skryre player (me) - started with mixed Skaven, dropped the game after GHB17 for a long while. Don't really like rats (they were cheap as fuck) but crazy about machines and weapon teams. Now saving money for Stormfiends to finally stop proxing them

What are the current top tier armies?
I want to WAACfag and crush people at my local clubs. FW included, money isn't a problem

>2: There is going to be a new AoS box. Ill let you guys guess. It is either
We already have one

its stormcast vs nurgle

Take the command trait to ignore mortal wounds on a 5+ and give him a mirrorshield to reduce enemy shooting hit rolls by 2

The stardrake can pick off key units over time with its meteors so tzeentch has to move forward to engage or eventually just loses the game. Add in some Raptors and you really force the enemy to engage you. With a 5+ ignore they cant afford to dump all their damage into it, but they also cant afford to ignore it.

Unless you're stupid enough to end your turn within range of his spells then the stardrake is a good counter to tzeentch. It's not a hard counter but it's the best SC can do against their worst matchup.

>Go back and look at some end times art
>13/10 would bang

What the fuck happened?

I want into your group user

i hate living in this rural piece of shit area

now

>Top
Tzeentch
Stormcast
Fyreslayers
Kharadron
Seraphon
Phoenix Temple (well really just the Phoenix riding Heroes but fuck they're good)
Free Peoples

>Close to top
Ironjawz
Khorne
Sylvaneth
Legion of Azgorh

>Middle
Flesh Eater Courts
General Death
Bonesplittaz

>Bottom
Anything else not here

Maybe missing a couple but that's close.

tzeentch
stormcast
khorne
fyreslayers
KO
sylvaneth
the luckiest ironjaws player in the room

GW took Warhammer from a mature fantasy setting to a He-Man Comic Book world of action figures fighting each other every Saturday morning.

yep

FEC is better than Pestilens and Skryre?

Yay i chose a sorta strong faction

>Phoenix Temple (well really just the Phoenix riding Heroes but fuck they're good)
only if you keep them within 12 inches of wizards that can cast 3 unique spells successfully per turn, buffing the Anointed on Phoenix's save from 5+ to 2+

So I should not have ordered Dispossessed?

Where do Moonclan fall into?

AoS art is amazing

So far the models I like, in no order, are
Nighthaunt - Really cool aesthetic and their 'deep strike the entire army' sort of thing is fun. Easy to paint and relatively hardy on the TT. May get some love in the Death campaign next year, too.
Spiderfang Grots - Haven't done a lot of research on them compared to the others, but the models for the Arachnarok and the Big boss are great. The Spider Riders are kinda awful looking but 2/3 isn't bad. Kinda seem a little one-trick unless you bring allies, and since they're 'GA: Destruction' you have no reason not to. No book or allegiance yet.
Fyreslayers - Have their own book, great models but most lists run hordey so you'll end up with a lot of models at the end of the day. Nearly entirely melee based, with few gimmicks.
Dispossessed - Great choice of models, good all rounders if a bit slow movement wise, good synergy. Will probably not get their own book.

Out of those four, who should I pick to do a good 1000pt list with? And feel free to suggest some other uncommon armies/themes. I wouldn't mind checking them out too.

yeah that's the entire point

>same pose
>same armor
>same sword
>same page

What did white dwarf mean by this?

Thanks, these are very helpful.

>Last thread full of spiderfang players
I'm so pleased

Honestly I would put dispossessed in the mid tier. I have about a 50/50 win rate with them, and I won 4 of my 6 games at the LVO, and that was before ghb2017 which only made them a bit stronger. And at an Australian gt recently a guy placed 11th with them.

A big part of their strength depends on some battleplans, but they are for the most part a complete army with the right allies

>yeah that's the entire point
right, but that's at least 300 points of support heroes and probably 3 leader slots all with a "chance" to cast spells that MIGHT buff your Anointed on Phoenix.

Its misleading to say that a the phoenix rider on its own is anything worth looking at.

>56800378
I know it's a bait but whatever
>same pose
Not really. SCE is raising his hammer while Primaris is pointing his gun
>Same armor
Well, no
>Same sword
Again, no
>Same page
Because they are the same type of product - books designed to work as an easy way to get into the lore

>Same sword
>Again, no

Grey blade, with runes, that is glowing blue
Gold pommel and guard
Red handle/hilt
>Not the same
okay.

Okay so I might be retarded but, can Tzaangors have either a shield or two savage blades?

2 models can be assembled as Twistbrays, the unit leaders – there are 4 specific sets of extra-ornate horns for them, and 2 double-handed savage greatblades.

Is it possible to fit all arachnarok parts within the base border? I bet that front legs can be magnetized with strong magnets but I'm not sure about hind limbs. Fitting the whole model on the base would make it so much easier to transport it in a tube

yeah just clip the joints and move them in a bit. So instead of looking like outstretched fingers, you bend them in a tad to fit the base

What are some models that you have always wanted to get and paint but haven't got due to them not fitting your army?

For me it's fellwater troggoths, but I don't play destruction so I thye would just end up collecting dust if I get them

wow those are some really shitty opinions there

Forgot about Skaven factions. I'd put both in the Second tier, they're both a bit one note but strong in the right circumstances.

Even without that, cheap giant monsters who ignore half wounds are good. Play them on Duality of Death and just laugh.

Dispo are fine. Idk where to put them since you don't see them a lot. Probably mid, they're ok but limited on speed and big threats. Lower tier. Your only refuge playing pure Moonclan is numbers but it's not hard to kill lots at once. Mixed Destro is Mid or near Top if played right.

i don't know, everytime i played as khorne against sylvaneth i got easily erased from the battlefield, they have high save high damage, while my hordes melt like snow under the sun

Feel free to disagree but playtesting and results speak for themselves.

Sylv have good hitting power but if you can drop the key pieces (Kurnoth and big trees) they fall apart. Top Tier armies can do that, mid and below not so reliably. So they're somewhere between

*tunnels up behind you*

as also a tyranid player, i find this deliciously funny
>chop the big ones !

Okay just to make sure I'm clear. You have a Twisbray and mutant who get dual blades. Two Greatblades, and then the rest can have either a shield or two blades?

>cant decide on army
>nothing really jumps at me
>afraid to pull trigger because that's when GW will release a new faction that is everything I was
Kill me. The game is finally picking up speed here and I'm dying inimbo

A unit of Tzaangors has 5 or more models. Each unit fights with a variety of weapons; some of the Tzaangors are armed with Paired Savage Blades, whilst others carry a Savage Blade and Arcanite Shield.

Two in every five models in the unit can be armed with double‑handed Savage Greatblades. No matter what they carry in their hands, all can also tear at the foe with their ViciousBeaks.

the curse of choice my friend
i'd say you should wait for until summer 2018. by that time, at least nurgle battletome, one death battletome and maybe one elf battletome should have been released
once you will have picked up an army you will learn to love it

When in doubt, choose the most appealing start collecting box.

or play daemons because if you don't like AoS you can use them in 40k

Yeah I was referring a mix of Moonclan, Troggoths, Forest Grots etc. Cheers.

Play what you like the most. Meta will always shift so picking a power army you hate playing is dumb since it might get nerfed and then you'll have a shit army you hate playing.

What type of stuff do you like?

games-workshop.com/en-US/Seraphon-Army-2017

>So instead of looking like outstretched fingers, you bend them in a tad to fit the base
I would remove these tree bits and use them for Big Boss but they work as main gluing points

for Bullgors, is the great weapon or dual wield better? also Warherds content when?

great weapon is the best because rend.
Warherds will probably not get an update any time soon. I think the better choice is use brayherds and have warherd allies, instead of playing warherds.
Brayherds actually get allegiance abilities and items instead of the generic GA chaos ones.

Brayherds are also good because you have more bodies to throw at objectives, then use bullgors and Gorgons for heavy armored enemies. A pure warherds army will always lose on objective games because you cant capture everything when your army is 16 models.

Alot of the classical GW artists jacked up their prices, Adrian Smith for example his Art is worth like twice of what it was 15 years ago.

So they went freelance with alot of the art.

t.Freelance artist.

looks like you get what you pay for.

Pretty much, I know alot of AoS was last second shit.

But I agree with not paying Adrian Smith any more shit or the Korpanski brothers.

Adrian Smith's art has gone downhill.

it's not an opinion if its backed up by tournament results

Nah

High
Stormcast
Seraphon
Tomb Kings

Mid
Tzeentch
Sylvaneth
Ironjawz
Fyreslayers
Free People
Flesheater Courts
Kharadron Overlords
Wanderers
Bonesplitterz
Skryre

Low
Khorne
Nurgle
Slaves to Darkness
Slaneesh
Pestilens
Dispossessed
Bretonnians
BCR
Nighthaunt
Deathlords

Shit
Darkling Covens
Everchosen
Brayherd
Everyone else

Phoenix spam is too easy to counter now that Teclis is gone. Just snipe the wizards and you win every objective because their damage is pathetic and they can't push you off.

Digital art is cheaper and quicker too

(see: animu)

I think the art has slowly been getting better though (in both AoS and 40k) from what I've seen. It's still not as good as the old guard, but it's definitely up to 'decent' most of the time and not a DeviantArt-tier digital mess.

not when the race distribution is skewed.
if a large percentage of races are over represented, it will skew the results just based on mirror matches and overall numbers.

>more nurgle
Why?

>DeviantArt-tier digital mess.
reminder this is the newest AoS art from the last month.

>HES FAT!
Seriously is this a dwarfcast?

>BCR same tier as Khorne and Pestilens

I tend to mostly ignore Black Library art when talking about quality because it's always completely all over the place all the time, even when the army books and codexes are good.

I know that's moving the goal posts, but when talking GW art I only ever care about the stuff in the army books/codexes and it seems to be on the up recently.

>tfw just getting into AOS
>tfw your chosen army, Seraphon are top tier
Yay. How's this list, yo?

I hate those trolls models and love the older goofy ones but I play aelves mix and mash
Kroxigors also.

I think "Face in the Frost" is the only thing I've ever experienced that I would seriously consider Mature Fantasy - you may be taking WHFB a little too seriously

I love this kit - limited poses but fun as fuck to paint, and they're just so charming

>that feeling when your meta is Khorn Bloodbound, Wanderer, Beastmen, non shooty imperials, disposessed and mixed chaos demons

Feels good.

I have some leftover tzeentch demons from a 40k side army, and I was hoping I would enjoy them more than I did. I think the whole destiny dice thing is cool and fluffy, but idk. I was going to write out a thing for each SC, but that would eat up too much space and no one would read it anyway. Like, it's frustrating, especially since a large portion of the SC are clearly legacy armies that will never get any love.

It's hard to pin point what I like in an army. I think I like non-conventional shit. Like, once upon a time, I played wood elves, and while everyone else was swinging around blocks of 40+ dudes, I was running MSU shooting with shit like hawks. However, wanderers don't have that same appeal, even with their new traits. They're totally bland, but then again, why wouldn't they be? They're just lame archers in game full tree people, dinosaurs, and skyships.

I always liked them from a distance. They don't interest me enough to want to play them.

I'm living in a 100k city and have only 5 other people to play casualy. There are other some players but they are 100% competitive post-whfb waacfags. My playgroup mates don't really enjoy this type of gaming so we just stick together

> I was going to write out a thing for each SC, but that would eat up too much space and no one would read it anyway
I will read this. I am just a casual player but I will try to help you if you want

Hey guys can I play using my homebrew general?

It's a four euro audio drama for an event that's not that important from a sidegame... sure let's fork the big dosh for the art of that one!

Fine I guess. Here we go:
>Beastclaw
Meh. Not feeling them. Why are they their own faction again instead of with Ogres?
>Khorne
Besides the fact that there's at least 4 Khorne players in my store alone, they look boring as fuck to both play and paint
>Nurgle
Another meh. I should also say that I'm not particularly interested in mortal chaos and would only want to play the daemon side, and Nurgle daemons are just sort of meh in every aspect to me.
>Slannesh
Admittedly, I don't see much of Slannesh and they seem like they could be interesting. Seekers are pretty cool. However, fuck whatever the hell that chariot is in the SC. Like, whoever designed that should be fired.
>Tzeentch
As I said first, wasn't sold on them, which was disappointing. The SC looks great, so they were a letdown.
>Courts
God. I love the Terrorgheist, but the rest of the army not so much. Plus, I feel like the problem with death in general is that if I don't have like 400 of whatever basic unit of my choice is, I'm fucked. Plus there's a lot of death players in my area. Maybe if they were less generic, which is supposedly habbening next year.
>Fireslayers
Eeeehhhh. Not feeling it. The drake is pretty cool, but the basic infantry looks like shit imo, especially that double axe dude.
>Greenskins
Never liked orcs/orks. Rather, I should say I like them from afar but never had an interest in playing them. Plus, they're clearly a legacy army that will never get love.
>Ironjaws
See above, only these ones might be supported.
>Malignants
Thought about it, but ultimately they're too limited on top of there already being 2 ghost players already.
>Seraphon
Again, I liked them from afar. No real interest in playing or painting them.
>Skaven
Fuck no. Never liked them. Never wanted to paint them. Never wanted to buy them.

>Skeleton
Bone Zone is meh. Having an army of a bunch of skeletons is cool I guess, but needing a million skeletons isn't really appealing. Once again, death is already overrepresented here, and the army as a whole doesn't really appeal. Maybe a few things here or there, but the core is unappealing.
>Slaves to Darkness
Again, not a fan of chaos mortals, especially when it's very obvious that they're getting out on the back burner for God specific mortals like Arcanites.
>Stormcast
No. Just, no. I don't even really play yet and I'm already sick of seeing them shoved into everything. They look cool and whatever, but I could never willingly buy them. It's the same reason I can't bring myself to play spessmuhreens.
>Sylvaneth
Besides the fact that they're more represented than death in the area and I'd need to get a bunch of expensive terrain kits of I wanted to play anywhere official, they're just, idk. Dryads look fucking weird, and so do the weird tree ghost things.

I think I'm just hopeless.

>user doesn't like anything
News at 11.