What does a fashionable DM look like?

What does a fashionable DM look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PbIAx00ySOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Rubber boots

XD Well posted, sir

Flame and/or dragon pattern button down, cargo shorts, and sandals.

If it's cold, one of those hoodies which look like plate armor.

Katana optional but recommended. Good for problem players.

Veeky Forums/tg/uys don't exist. The closest thing you get is attention whore cosplayers who don't actually like Veeky Forums, they just like neckbeards giving them attention.

classic attire

>Frequent GM
>I wear Hawaiian shirts all the time
You know, I was wondering why someone kept sneering and calling me "Gary".I wasn't even considering what it looked like, rayon is just really comfortable.

these are actually the only two acceptable looks

Is this now a DM art thread?

goth trap

sure you mean gothic lolita trap

I'm still working on it, it's hard

My GM took me to Sephora for the first time a couple weeks ago, so I guess she's glam enough that I'm taking hairstyling and fragrance advice from her

Scratch that; her fiancee is technically the GM. He mostly just has a shit ton of tattoos, but he's his own boss (executive chef), so I guess he gets to do that

I DM/GM naked.

I want to play with both these guys. Especially Jeff who seems to genuinely want to play rather than just do it as a show.

Do players know?

y-yes I'll preorder skyrim for the iphone

Why do models always look like they're struggling not to shit themselves?

Do you think the Donald has ever played a tabletop RPG? I know he likes to cultivate his spray-tanned business Chad image, but maybe someone convinced him to use it as a corporate teambuilding tool or something.

I'm sure it is

He just delegates everything and hates fun. His sole drive in life is to acquire as much material wealth and treasure as possible while a TTRPG takes place within the imagination of the people at the table don’t see it happening.

That said, I have based a dragon off him for my players to encounter soon.

From what I've heard of his behaviour in briefings, I seriously doubt he has the patience for it.

He's smoldering!

I base a ton of NPCs off Trump. Usually just speech, mannerisms, and personality but I also have some direct quotes in my notebook that have multiple purposes.

I do it to mock the one guy in our group who voted for him, and nobody minds because he's an asshole and I'm the only one that'll take him down a peg every once and a while. He only comes because he's afraid of being a friendless loser.

So you're an asshole who harasses a guy over his (totally mainstream) political leanings, instead of trying to be a good GM? Neat. Even if he's an asshole, using your GM role to personally fuck with a player out of spite makes you 100% That Guy.

SEETHING

Wow, you sound like an absolute cunt to be around.

I hope someone, but especially this player breaks your fucking nose. That should take someone like you down a peg.

If the nigga can't handle the bantz of his political demagogue being viewed as the villain he's probably That Guy

Anyone who says something other than a face covering robe is a liar.

>Why do models always look like they're struggling not to shit themselves
Laxatives to make sure they stay thin?

>being this warped by cultural marxism that you can no longer recognize maleness when you see it

Because they are trying to keep their muscles taut, which is also what you do when you are struggling not to shit yourself

I would rock everything about that outfit, its like The Dude done in an 80s power casual style.

I am a Veeky Forums/tg/uy IRL and my players aside from my girlfriend almost universally revile my sense of style. Otoh I am lean, muscular and attractive and they are typical dumpy looking nerds, so I can only really take their ribbing so seriously.

I'm way, way nerdier than any of my players who are just typical gamer bros into pop media and have never so much as picked up a book that wasn't a YA novel or a book based on a game. The gap in language or references gets pretty bad, and I get more shit for being an out there weirdo from my nerd friends than I ever have from my normie or stoner friends.

But I love wargaming and tRPG's so you take whats out there. I think with the advent of pop nerd culture though, most fa/tg/uys are honestly more or less just "bros" with awful social skills then they are the heady kind of heady nerds that supposedly made up this hobby in the past. Zero interest in literature, only a passing normie worship of "science" and STEM.

I think someone into fashion is far more likely to actually be a classic nerd these days than a tRPG player, that has certainly been my experience.

In my mind:
>Fashionable GM is mostly business casual attire
>You want to look nice and presentable to players but not so much they start to think of Tabletop gaming as a formal event
>So buttoned down shirts with rolled up sleeves, maybe the color opened or a turtle neck sweater, solid colored (pinned strip also works for the shirt) also if you go with the buttoned shirt, wear a t-shirt under it.
>A simple blazer jacket or waistcoat (buttoned shirt only on the latter)
>slacks and a belt
>loafers

With the death of the 3 piece suit in the US, outside of historical TV dramas nobody in the US actually looks right in a waistcoat. It's so utterly jarring its practically a fedora with its modern associations with overdressed steampunk nerds. It's practically costume wear at this rate (which, it being a tabletop game, may be fine). Otherwise sure, that sounds cozy.

My GMspiration for cozy "formal" GM wear would be Foucault. I like turtlenecks.

>only a passing normie worship of "science" and STEM.
youtube.com/watch?v=PbIAx00ySOk

Post outfits or you are a lying american eagle wearing trashcan.

If they would look fashionable not DMing, that. Not that there is anything wrong with casual or costume wearing, if that is what the group is into.

t. butthurt blumpfkins

asspained much that Mueller's moving on Trump's financial dealings now? he's subpoenaed deutsche bank, an institution that has been fined for laundering Russian money in the past, for Trump's records with them

One of my best sweaters is an random creme A&F piece I found for their 1892 collection years ago so like, yeah. I don't dress to a particular standout subcultural style and im getting old, but I can tell you its going to be more or less in the spirit of some era of r/streetwear, scandinavian minimalism and some kind of lived in workwear look. Most of it thrifted. Literally anything I own, down to my workout clothes or the shit I put on to work on my car, is overdressed for my group. To most people I probably look like a normal, if put together, guy. But because im not in a funny slogan shirt with basketball or cargo shorts I'm a faggot cuck.

My outfit at home lately is probably wool slacks, beat up stan smiths and a long sleeve henley. I'm "dressing up" for my girlfriends bosses christmas party this weekend, maybe ill take some fitpics and start a nerdcore thread on Veeky Forums or something.

oh, I forgot something else also acceptable: cardigans.

Sort of fair.

I don't think waistcoats should be condemned just because Amerififtysixpercents forgot what good taste was.

I mean, yes, you need to have a certain, slim waist size (which, I admittedly lack) to pull it off, but once you do, you can have an excellent look.

Fashion is ultimately about culture, there is nothing inherently wrong with fedoras or waistcoats, and in the UK waistcoats and 3 piece suits (and hats in general) are a lot more acceptable overall more formal looks are normalized, where as in the US they come off as practically costume wear because as a culture we are fucking brokebrained. 90% of the time you are standing next to some fat fuck in ill fitting cargo shorts, the contrast to the lack of formalism is too much. I mean you are lucky to even see a blazer these days, it looks really out of place in all but the most formal of settings, and given the huge sweeping changes in business dress that formalism has all but disappeared in most of america (at least on the west coast, the midwest lives in a time bubble).

The only place you tend see waistcoats in the wild in the US is ON fedoracore dudes and that has pretty much utterly soured trying to incorporate them for most of us. 100% of the dudes I know who ware them are either steampunk nerds, incels or young republicans (same thing I know). It just has too many anti-social connotations.

Cardigans are great, on the other hand, and really versatile.

>a long sleeve henley
If you ask me the most premium of torso coverings. Actually, the only thing I have any razzed berries toward is wearing slacks in a non-formal setting. People can make it work. Tends to depend on the specific cut and their build. I just tend to think there are better options

Personally I maintain a fair bit of pop culture trash clothing, but it tends to fit well with put-together-hobo look that I've kept for the last decade+. But I come from a place where Carhartts are formal wear. In that regard, I am usually over dressed. But when you wear fatigues for the work week you gotta spruce up sometimes.

It is fair that for the most part most people wearing vests in the US are doing it wrong. Usually because it's used as a single point of fancy instead of part of an actual wardrobe.

It's like folks who think wearing a formal hat (or more importantly a misinterpreted casual hat) somehow makes them well dressed.

What, you think user exclusively GMs for blind people?

Playing online doesn't require a vid feed.

Me.

>I mean, yes, you need to have a certain, slim waist size (which, I admittedly lack) to pull it off, but once you do, you can have an excellent look.
I'm distressingly obese and suits are the only thing I look good in. I've also heard you really need some girth to make a suit work.

It is about the cut of the suit and it being properly fitted to your body. This is for all clothes, not just suits. Anyone of any size can be well dressed. Albeit, larger folk are at a disadvantage as society will hate on them unless they perform their expected presentation exceptionally well.

I’m a carpenter. I’m not wearing any faggot fashion shit. leather low quarter boots, Blue jeans, a belt, a button down shirt and a baseball cap.

>can't wear nice things because ugly people wear them
Absolutely untrue. Someone who looks good in a certain type of clothing does so regardless of how many retards look bad in the same clothing. I agree that formality has fallen by the wayside, but asserting that even fedoras and trenchcoats can't be worn without invoking images of cheeto-dusted neckbeards is ridiculous. If someone looks good, they look good.

Are you 12 and trying to act tough on the internet? Because that’s what you sound like.

Being actually knowledgeable about the clothes you wear and how to wear them is important for this (i.e., calling a trilby a fedora and wearing it in incorrect situations; wearing shorts and a long jacket) as well as actually coordinating what your wear with a purpose. And no, to “look better dressed than other cave trolls” isn't a purpose. But a trenchcoat is great in incliment weather.