MINING ALTCOINS

A friend of mine is moving to asia and decided to leave me with his 4 miners, he bought them for ~2000USD. 2 of them have never even been used, the other 2 have been used for mining BitCoin, which obviously isn't worth it now. 2 of them are small gridseeds, the other 2 I don't know.

So, Veeky Forums, is mining anything even worth it anymore? At first I thought LiteCoin, but I think LC is going to suck big in 2018.

Shill me your favorite shitcoins you assholes. What should I mine?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

maybe ETH is the go-to now, I expect it to have a strong year

If you live anywhere in the west:
>do the math on energy costs vs shit coin output
>realize you actually lose money every second your miner is on
Oh well...

how to i mine coins at all? i had a look at google and it said i needed software and a mining pool, how do i do this?

not necessarily true, right? if I mine a small shitcoins (say like link or ripple) and it shoots up in feb I'd still make a lot of profit, since mining coins when they're small and not well known is much more effective. correct?

Yes, I realize mining BTC or maybe any of the big 4 might even lose me money, depending on electricity cost.

you get a miner. you set up the miner. you select a pool (some are mixed, some are only 1 coin) and you become a 'member'. you chose a software, plug it in et voila.

I started mining Monero the other day

Here's what you do:
>Set up a wallet for the coin you choose
>Find a mining pool
>Download a mining program, I use xmrig, for your cpu, gpu, or both
>go into the config for the program, set your settings
>run the application(s)
>Profit

ripple has been number 2 or 3 on market cap for a while buddy, just because it doesn't cost much doesn't mean it's a shitcoin.

You can't even mine Ripple or Link

Some coins cannot be mined.

XRP is one of them.

Other coins, like big, big coins, btc e.g. people are already waiting months, years even before a break even on their mining investments.

>Oh no, I have to wait 4 months until I made my investment back...
This is what brainlets who don't know how to computer think

XSH

>if I mine a small shitcoins (say like link or ripple
Kek

>mine
>ripple
Hurrr durrrrr

not really. Mining is a hobby but most of it isn't very profitable unless you use state of the art ASICS that are only available for SHA256 aka BitCoins and some Scrypt alt coins like Doge or a big graphic card rig for most other coins...
>cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator

I guess as you got the stuff for free it's obsolete equipment that won't turn a profit at all.

>find hashrates
>find wattages
>calculate profits vs electricity costs
>if coins mined-electricity costs=profit then its worth it
>if not, it isn't
the fuck Veeky Forums do 3 minuites of math instead of a whole thread of this shit

It can be very profitable, especially GPU mining. Problem is, if you wait till a mining boom to get your equipment you will miss it, but when it happens you can easily make 20-30 bucks a day off a standard 6 card mining rig. I'm at around 15 bucks a day rn from one rig.

What is supply user?
And not every coin is mineable.

Jesus Christ, this market needs a crash.

Mine ELLA. Join Ellasium discord chanell you will find there all the information. This coin is still easy to mnie and have bright future.

>4 months
>not including opportunity cost in the equation
user, I...

What's stopping you from trading and mining?
Over the last 6 months I've had a steady income of $90 a day with just 6 cards

www.whattomine.com

what about cloud mining such as Hashflare? anyone tried this? seems if you dump like 3-4k into it, you'll break even in a few months and then start to see profits, not sure if you need to keep reinvesting your profits though.. would like some info on this myself, sounds too easy to be true