Not using a sword

>Not using a sword
Have fun being a side character.

>Not using magic.
Have fun not playing. At least if we're talking DnD.

I think about 1/2 of my characters have had swords. Only one of the ones that didn’t lacked a prominent role in the party. Swords are neat, but not necessary for a good character.

I like magic, but players in my groups that play the most aggro melee classes have a ton of fun without casting. They tend to play very combat-effective characters with hammy personalities.

No worries buddy, I got your back anyway!

>Not being King Arthur hand having a...
>Magic Sword
>Magic Sheath
>Magic Shield
>Magic Knife
>Magic Spear

>>having a...
>>Magic Sword
>>Magic Sheath
>>Magic Shield
>>Magic Knife
>>Magic Spear
>still get cucked

>not using a lance, with a sword as backup when on foot

OUTTA MY WAY, FUCKING PEASANT SHITS

Still want to make a character based on the LAW

>Be barely into puberty when you become king and get married to an older girl
>Be surprised when she doesn't want to touch you

I have, and it's righteous as fuck.

>Swordbabbies
I bet you put points in dex faggot

>Not using whatever you just happen to find
Have fun being spoiled brat.

>wind up in the future working for an autistic sword fetishist
>finally get some

I dunno, I enjoy spears quite a bit
Once during a high-fantasy campaign, my DM let me fluff my spearmen as a final-fantasyesque dragoon and it was the most fun I ever had

Swords were actually really cool in Dark Souls because you could do good damage with the whole shaft, while hammers and axes needed a finer degree of aim.

Axes is where its at nigger

>implying tin cans can beat us

>not axe/hammer hybrids

Hi, I'm a martial positive GM.

Now meet all the monsters having magic resistances, knowing anti-magic field, spamming counterspell, or just sapping all your spells per-day from you because fuck your mage supremacy!

KA I made you a new pic for 5e stop reposting this for 10^57th time

Don't forget:
>Magic helmet
>Magic armor
>Magic cape
>Magic boat

Seriously, Arturia (and a lot of popular depictions of king arthur) seem to neglect this guy was apparently Medieval Fantasy batman in terms of armory.

>implying arthur wasn't just more into incest than straight shota

Swords are pleb shit

>martial positive
>AMF
No you aren't.

I realize nobody uses swords in our team. We're a bunch of snowflakes. There's the spiked chain guy, the lots of daggers everywhere guy, the axe guy, another dagger guy, and my wizard with wands.
So technically, we're still waiting for the main character to show up.

>Martials in our group have sword and fists respectibely
>Sword dude thinks he's the main char, but he can't do shit, needs all the help needed, falls unconscious half the time
>Meanwhile the fist dude has never used even 50% of his resources, never fell unconscious, never in danger even when surrounded by 10 enemies
Man, being Monk/Paladin with saves of 20+ at 8th level and being able to heal yourself as swift and immediate action for half your life each time is awesome

>AMF
>Calls himself martial possitive
Congrats, you unknowingly, have also fucked your martials

>aggro melee classes
What the fuck is aggro? that they attrack enemies? those are the casters, because casters are more dangerous than a fighter, a fighter moves and hits you once, that's it, a caster fucks your band of monsters sideways from here to infinity and beyond, why would you focus on the fighter?

>DH
>sword

Nah mate, Lasgun for life

'Aggro' is sometimes used as a synonym for 'aggressive.'

This reminds me
>Enter group
>They play PF but 1pp only
>ok
>One of the players wants to play fighter
>Group tells him not, that he'll regret it
>Group tells him to play other martial classes with more options
>He ignores every advice
>Game starts
>He just moves and attacks once, he doesn't even deal that much damage
>Enemies focus on the dudes that paralize, create "fuck you" areas, blind, etc
>Players goes on a rant on why he should be the focus of all attacks that he wears fullplate with heavy shield (the one that gives you +4 to AC) and is a hulking mass of metal
>GM tells him that he can't hit for shit, he moves slow as fuck and even when he hits he deals mediocre damage so enemies ignore him after 1 or two turns
>He starts mentioning mmos and shit about why enemies should focus on him
I know fighter is shit, ideally the GM would have given him something to balance how shit fighters are, but the fucker didn't even maxed intimidate and picked Antagonize feat (probably one of the few options martials have to "tank") to do what he wanted to do

Not nearly as badly as he's fucked the casters in the same situation.

And frankly my 15th level Thief in 5e works just as fine in an AMF as outside of it. The sneak attack damage more than makes up for resistance to nonmagical weapons, and Uncanny Dodge and Defensive Duelist make her melee survival time equal to that of a full d10 HD warrior.

>5e
Ah, ok, if it's 5e then is ok, the system doesn't even count for magic items that's why you can do fine without them.

But the wizard can still pull some shit if he casts non targeted spells and other shit. AMF isn't even that big, only 10ft radius.