What's a good board game to give to normies as a gift if all they've ever played is crap like monopoly and clue?

What's a good board game to give to normies as a gift if all they've ever played is crap like monopoly and clue?

MOTHER

FUCKING

LOVE

LETTER

Cards Against Humanity

It's a terrible game, but normies think it's good

>normies

Jesus fuckin christ you are fucking gross.

Catan

If they Catan, then anything is possible

ZomBN1.
Zombie varient on the BN1 board game...

>normies

Ugh.

Dude, it's a board game. They come with rules so it probably won't be too complicated for "normies" to figure out.

Squad leader.

This! Love letter is amazing and simple.

user, you're really overestimating normies.
>Rulebook has more than 5 pages
Gee user, that's a tad too complicated for me
>Dice are any different from normal d6s
Gee user, ya know we don't understand your jails and lizards
>Movement is anything but rolling the dice to determine how far you go
Dang it user, how are we supposed to remember all of these rules?

Whatever. Older children. Nine and ten year olds. Something better than what they sell at Walmart without being too enthusiasty.

>jails and lizards
Sounds amazing. You either play as the jailors for a an enormous prison full of brutal lizards or play as the imprisoned lizards fighting for freedom against the powerful jailors.

This. My family are "normies" and they play and enjoy Catan.

Qwirkle has also gone over pretty well with them.

Survive! Escape from Atlantis
Carcassonne
Boss Monster
Ticket to Ride

once they're comfortable here, get them hooked on Great Western Trail

> Not recommending Advanced Squad Leader...

I'd also throw in:

Blokus
Carcassonne
Dixit

Ticket to Ride.

It's a good game for figuring out other people through observation, which is probably why you suck at it and think it's a shit game. I'm about as un-normie as it gets, by the way; just not completely socially retarded.

Carcassone or Machi Koro maybe

It's fun and edgy for the first half a dozen times you play it, then you realize it's actually terrible.

Catan and Ticket to Ride are what my friends and I have always used. Kids fucking LOVE Ticket to Ride.

With a name like that I'm not surprised normies love it, fucking pyschos

I've played it many more times than half a dozen and have yet to reach that conclusion. Perhaps the problem doesn't lie with the game, user?

Cards Against Humanity is fun the first few times, but it's not really family appropriate (at least if we're talking about the average family, especially with younger audiences). Apples to Apples is better for that if it's a family audience who can't handle Big Black Cock cards.

(But, IMHO, I agree with everyone saying it's pretty fucking boring after the first few games.) Better suggestions for card-based social games would be Snake Oil, Superfight, or Red Flags (though that may be questionably appropriate, depending on the family).

Absolutely recommending Dixit (which is similar to the above games and a lot of fun), Betrayal at House on the Hill, or Forbidden Island.

Here's a very similar thread, if you weren't the OP of it:

>Family Weight Games

As someone with a glandular problem I'm terribly offended!

This. Most non gamer normies who are new to this have the idea that board games are roll and move children’s toys. Anything with any bit of clever rules or lots of components and their eyes glaze over.

I experienced this a lot with my Boomer inlaws. Through the years I’ve brought many games to their house, and they always are afraid to join in and remark “oh that looks really complicated! How do you learn these games!?” Meanwhile my ADD dummy sister in law has no trouble with any of it. It’s baffling.

>carcasonne
>pandemic
>ticket to ride
>most games that win Spiel Des Jahres
>Codenames
Also your FLGS staff can help you with good intro games.

Normalfags eat that shit up. Where have you been?

This.

Diplomacy. Bonus points if you're an experienced divorce lawyer, OP.