The party throws the bbeg into a volcano

>The party throws the bbeg into a volcano
>freezeframe
>bbeg turns to camera "How did it all go so wrong?"
>gm runs a year long campaign of the players as the bbeg and his allies rising to power up until their death

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wlfK51tN-xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sounds like a lame idea to actually play

cool in theory

Ah...

I wanted to say something snarky, but that could be incredible in the hands of the right GM.

that girl is cute

It's good, but not perfect
>Freezeframe
>Record scratch
>BBEG voiceover
>"Yup, that's me over there. You probably wondered how I got here..."
>gm runs a year long campaign of the players as the bbeg and his allies rising to power up until their demise
>He ends the "last" session with a twist where the BBEG somehow survives, battered and burned (both literally and figuratively) but still out for revenge

The trick is to play with expectations

>>He ends the "last" session with a twist where the BBEG somehow survives, battered and burned (both literally and figuratively) but still out for revenge

[spoilers]He finds out that he threw himself into the volcano due to time travel shenanigans.
He now has a target for his revenge.[/spoilers]

BBEG is future MC traveling back in time to change X and save the world

>girl

>Not having the villain the players now know is not so villainous win in the end

It's Gwenpool. No relation to Deadpool. Yes, that was the joke.

Decent little side comic.

>tumblr art
fuck off, retard

There's some relation. Gwenpools' super power is explicitly breaking the 4th wall. And sorta getting away with being a Deadpool like uncaring dick sort of guy.

Even then, the 'Sorta' is very sorta. She's been hit hard plenty of times by the fact that as much as she says it's a fictional world, it's hard to say that when you are face to face with consequences of your actions.

>bbeg

ugh

You have discovered the main reason why the comic has a following.

Deadpool beat her up for trying to use it on him.

I still can't believe they named a second character Gwen. I've been trying to remember all week if there are any other 616 characters that share a first name, and all I've got is Peter Parker and Piotr Rasputin.

Lures in kiddos who hear the title and think it might be the other Gwen as a new mashup quasi-deadpool character.

You can't really expect capeshit to be interesting, can you?

Gwenpool was originally a joke version of SpiderGwen, hence the name.

>dude working is bad and men suck XD
Marvel is trully beyond saving, disgusting sjw

Is this the waifupoole thread?!

I thought Marvel didn't have decent anything left after 'they' took over

Her name literally comes from SpidermanButWithBoobs and Memepool being the two most popular characters. I'm not surprised cartoon readers have such awful taste.

t. Never read gwenpool

It's an awful idea that seems to have at least a couple decent writers on it

Read venomverse, it managed to kill her off twice

It's an intentionally awful idea, like Dr. McNinja (at least that's where I know Gwenpool from).

I wasn't expecting it to go full metapowers. Even Deadpool don't go full meta.

Thinking about it... isn't Gwenpool basically a comic book Isekai?

Working a shit job is bad and people suck in general your point?

That girl was manufactured to exacting specifications for the purpose of being cute. But she does go through a competent rendering of the hero's journey.

Why did it need two tries?

He needs to virtue-signal about SJWs; otherwise he doesn't have any reason to post or live

>kill her off
>twice
If you don't immediately catch the problem with this statement you are everything wrong with capeshit.

Dr. McNinja is good tho

Resurrection is a fact of superheroes, deal with it

I seriously feel bad for you if this is all you can see.

But I thought SJWs were the virtue signallers, aren't they the secret bad guys?

If she was eventually resurrected, then she wasn't "killed off," numbnuts. You can't truly kill off a character more than once by the very definition of the term.

OP it seems you've fallen for the classic blunder, the best known is never start a land war in china but only slightly less is never start a thread with an image more interesting then your post!

Nope, turns out all the people who shitpost about social politics on the elfgames board are the bad guys.

HavING read venomverse let me contextualize it, a version of her with the venom suit was eaten by parasites that hijacked her, resurrecting her as an evil parasite creature, this was happening to multiple cast members, so she was not special in this regard. When her evil parasite form was killed off, it stuck and she was definative dead

They're the worst people i have to deal with

But thats everyone! because what cause can be made without politics.

Yes.

She fought “Doctor Doom” which was her memories of him as a Villain, given life. She got totally recked, even after pushing him outside the comic medium, he came back, totally owned his own Doombot Vincent, even chased after Gwen in the metaverse (outside the comicbook). Only the real Doom saved her, gave her some advice, and even fixed Vincent & told him they’ll talk again later.

Reason why she wanted to defeat Doom because her “comic” was ending in about “two issues” because it was gonna get “cancelled” for she didn’t want to be a villain.

Yes, that's pretty much the highest meta I've ever read in a comic.

Look at that.

Marvel has always done pretty well with its self-aware meta. Better then a giant Superman robot that enforces continuity atleast.

Breaking the 4th wall? Is that what yall call it when a comic or a movie interacts with the audience? Cause I don't think that's a special power it's more just comedy.

She can teleport and time travel by breaking the lines between the panels. Her older self can be summoned simply by having a flashback about her, which allow her to enter your panel.

It's quite funny. Sad that it isn't exploited in a relatively more serious comic. I want my grimdark Gwenpool.

>Breaking the 4th wall? Is that what yall call it when a comic or a movie interacts with the audience? Cause I don't think that's a special power it's more just comedy.

A couple of characters can do it at a level where they can either reach across the panel margins to interact with other panels on the page, or even go so far as to grab a copy of the script from the writer and use it to get one step ahead of their opponents.

Kys
Sincerely, /tv/

And Peter Quill. Jessica Jones and Jessica Drew. Probably a lot more when you get into D-listers.
The Dr. McNinja writer is the one who does Gwenpool.

>Peter Quill
I stopped reading GotG in the 1990s so I always forget about him

>Jessica Jones and Jessica Drew
I don't watch TV so that one was an autofail for me

You're probably right about the D-listers.

>That girl was manufactured to exacting specifications for the purpose of being cute.
Like 99% percent of capeshit females.

I get what you're trying to say, but you don't know what virtue signalling means.

You mean 99% of any female character in comics, cartoons, Mongolian moving pictures, video games or anything with a visual element.

>That girl was manufactured to exacting specifications for the purpose of being cute.

Yes. That is in fact how fictional character design works. Congratulations, they succeeded.

>Players play as the BBEG and his allies
>not so villainous

pffthahaha. They are going to leave that world a blasted wasteland. Evil campaigns are a fucking crapshoot.

What a faggot, that's by the Dr. McNinja guy.

So if not tumblr another overrated Web comic shitter

Good point, clearly we should go and get Frank Millar to write more comics rather than seeing people with a proven ability to actually make deadlines employed.

So... corruption then getting killed?

Not AS terrible, when phrased like that.

What song should play during the bbeg's monologue flashback?

Yeah, narratively they are treated as dead and the host is described as being consumed, topped with the idea of a cure never being brought up

How about we just stop writing superheroes even again and call it a day

Period-appropriate pop music. Ex:
youtube.com/watch?v=wlfK51tN-xo

You stop that

Basically first time was her, second time was her corpse being used as a puppet for a species that preys on Klyntar and their hosts to use as better bodies.

And like the black lanterns or buffyverse vampires the new monster retains mannerisms and quirks of the victim

Beat me to it

I once had a final boss that used to be a PC from another campaign. The new party killed him, which coincidentally allowed the world to benefit from all the terrible things he did while limiting the repercussions of his warmongering.
It cost him dearly personally (obviously), but he would just shrug and say, "There is no such thing as reward or punishment. Only consequence."
Becoming a villain made him more dramatic, obviously.

>memeposting + /co/ image
can we throw OP in a volcano instead

>from the worst board
>acts proud of it
What did you mean by this?

Yeah but this one actually works.
At this stage moeshit is so standardised and corporatized it's impossible to see 99% of animated "Cute girls" as anything other than shallow pleas for you to buy merchandise.
Gwenpool, on the other hand, could well be a girl in my college. An attractive normal human bean, with emotions and shit.

This isn't /k/

Nah. Highschool dropout, remember?

That's not Veeky Forums.

This thread is the first time I have seen Gwenpool, Is this how she is actually like or some weird drawing of her?

Most of the pictures in this thread are actually from Marvel comics, but this is just some fanartist's cheesecake.

>I get what you're trying to say, but you don't know what virtue signalling means.
Is it because only libtard cucks can virtue-signal, and cool redpilled bros like us just have their posts deleted because the faggot tumblr mods don't like us keeping it real and not because of off-topic shitposting on the elfgames board?

Honestly, if Gwenpool is just Deadpool as a cute girl, then it is far better than half of what marvel is trying to push out like pic related.

Imagine being part of a gender where being attractive is all you need to succeed, and where even if you fail you can succeed with enough make-up. Clearly that must be a fate worse than death purely because you're not "equally represented" in comics.

I wish femishits would change reality before they change fiction. Want more heroines in fiction? Where are my real life heroines, nigger? Where are the women that carry me out of a burning building with little to no care for their own wellbeing? Art immitates life.

...who gives a fuck?

Me, I give a fuck. Right here

Women in general, clearly. Also, by not giving a fuck you're implicitly consenting to the status quo of diversity pandering.

>Where are my real life heroines, nigger? Where are the women that carry me out of a burning building with little to no care for their own wellbeing?
You're complaining about a reality that cannot be changed except by a rework of the species on a genetic level. Fiction gives us a chance to imagine women that actually are equally as capable as men. Why so salty?

>Why so salty?
I don't care about authors of whatever breed writing whatevery they want, I'm "salty" about women seeking to censor those authors by demanding "equal" representation and shitting on authors for writing women like women (and when they don't write them like women, then they write them like men with tits which is somehow ALSO wrong).

Basically I want women to sit down, shut up and let me enjoy the things I enjoy in peace, and let others enjoy the things I don't enjoy myself in peace.

And where in this thread have you seen or even had cause to think about censorship-seeking women before you brought it up?

>delicious brown ruined by getting her own series with a shitty writer and shitty artist

How about the complaint that "99%" of female characters are but eyecandy, as if that's a bad thing even if it were true.

I saw it more as a statement of fact than a complaint.

Reminds me of the Sidereal from Keychain of Creation. In the Exalted RPG, Sidereal Martial Arts let you attack using abstract concepts to hit like a train, dodge attacks by altering the past so that they were aimed at someone else, or just punch someone and turn them into a duck. The webcomic version gave us stuff like this picture. Similar concept, but played for drama instead of self-aware comedy.

Why does this woman have a tiara with the emblem of masculinity on it? Is she a female MRA? A cleric of Mars? Overcompensating? A trap?

>A cleric of Mars?

Close. She's a Sid of War and Mars is the deity tied to that in Exalted.

>that's a bad thing
More boring than bad. Generically attractive characters don't really stand out. I'm just as disappointed when a male character is a muscular and generically handsome 30 something white man with short brown hair, and I AM a 30 something white man with short brown hair.

Also, if your character has to be sexed up, then you're either limited in your options for how to portray them and the stories you can tell about them, or you end up with a clash between how the character looks and how they act. Relying on vidya here, but compare Bayonetta, who is clearly completely happy in her appearance, with 2B, who would clearly prefer to be wearing grey combat fatigues and sensible shoes. If you want your main character to be a nice ass with a sword, why not give them a personality that doesn't leave the audience wondering who dressed her this morning?

Seriously, I wish 2B and Velvet had personalities to match the outfits, because the outfits are ridiculous but also cool as fuck.

Counterpoint: the main demographic for capeshit is pre- and pubescent boys.

>players can be as reckless as they want because it is cannon that their characters didn't die

Sounds boring.

I'm honestly curious, what is "ugh" about having a primary antagonist? Or is it just the terminology you don't like?

there is no way to fathom the depths of sugary coated bile working their way up my throat. If i were to vomit I would be bowled over by the force.