Proxy MTG

How successful are you with proxies? Who do you buy from? Let laugh at the people playing $20+ for fetches and shocks and dark confidants.

>been using proxies at my lgs. So far have won 14 boosters out of em. Only put in $30 for most of my deck so they payed for itself. Got a few judges that try to check my deck but they're double sleeved and a pain in the ass to remove so it always a visual check and it good to go.

I buy from BL and VZ

>Imagine being so lonely that you spam My Shitty Children's Cardboard > Your Shitty Children's Cardboard
You literally learned about BL and Z in your last thread.

My cardboard>Ur cardboard

>This thread again
Even Lotus and Villa are crapshoots on worthwhile fakes. Im glad you can play magic on your newspaper route salary but you really shouldnt be lying to people about trying to use these in tournament

This is the true mtg redpill.

This is the true mtg redpill.

Reminder that these threads are part of an ongoing /pol/ raid. Report and move on. If you must reply remember to sage.

>/pol/ raid actually doing something worthwhile: trying to kill MtG
Godspeed, you spergy fucks

>Implying this will have any effect
All /pol/ chinamen advertising is going to do is get retards to buy printer paper magic cards once. The chinese proxies are 90% unplayable atrocities between formating, coloration and glare issues. Theyre fine for kitchen table and cubes but unless you have never actually touched a magic card, you have 0 chance of falling for a fake in a tournament or a trade

Can I get a link to some vendors? I want to update my cube

Truly a mtg redpill sir

They are actually the exact inverse of what you describe, 90% of VZ is 9/10 & completely playable.

The hell? No. A lot of them look the part, but they don't have the feel right at all, and none of them pass the light test (something that everyone can do with their phones nowadays).

This isn't even getting into using a loupe to check the rosettes.

That being said this whole thing is just risk vs reward. They could look like dogshit but it doesn't matter if a competent judge never takes a look. If a competent judge does take a look your banned from competing anymore.

I just wouldn't take the risk if I actually liked playing MTG. Which begs the question: why are you spending money on proxies if you don't actually like the game?

If your argument is that you don't play sanctioned matches with proxies you could always just print your own off at home without paying any chinamen a dime.

I can't think of any reason to use proxies that isn't a waste of money.

No judge is gonna make you take out your cards you tard. Judges just want you to play the game and collect their judge cards.

>people who spend thousands of $$$$ on painted cardboard
>people who get mad when you judge them for being fiscally irresponsible

What is BL and VZ short for?

black lotus and villa zheng, two proxy makers.

Are you implying that no judge has ever inspected a fake or will ever inspect a fake?

Aside from obviously trolling because you know this isn't true, why not just use your home printer to make a shitty fake if all judges are braindead idiots that cant tell reals from fakes?

You sound like some idiot that proxies standard cards to go to an FNM, paying more for the proxy than what the actual card card is worth, and it seems like you have never been to a high REL event in your life.

>paying more for the proxy than what the actual card card is worth
You're stupider than the person you're replying to by stating this.

Only Zeng is good and only the duals and fetchlands. Anything Modern bordered with mana symbols won't pass any better than Shaq on drag.

proxies are about 2$ and standard is dirt cheap right now.

There are only a handful of cards worth it proxy in standard, especially when you factor in the price of S&H and long wait times from ching chong land.

Guy also has no idea how the judge system even works anymore, since you don't get judge cards for doing nothing anymore, you need to be officially recognized (perhaps by catching a ring of dirty cheaters in a way that makes judges look good) or go to the once a year judges conference.

I highly doubt you are going to a vintage tournament (even a low level one) and passing these cards off as the real thing. Too many people that actually own cards worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars are there, and at least one will spot a fake.

I seriously don't know what proxyfags are doing with their cards. FNM modern events maybe? Any actual chance of being caught and being unable to keep playing in the DCI doesn't seem worth it.

Im not a poorfag so I support my hobby by buying official cardboards.

But then again I want to get into legacy and I might not be poor but fuck me im not paying 300 bucks for a single land. Id gladly proxy legacy cards

I love you guys for using proxxies. Sincerely. Nothing more satisfying than watching addicts lose their shit because they paid a lot for a piece of cardboard, while you paid a little.

I love proxies because I get free wins at deck checks. (Which I request as often as I can)

People have been using proxies for a while in high level tournaments. I understand this bruises your child-like ego, but grow the fuck up.

>constantly paranoid about what the other player is using
>thinks he's winning anything

Hahahaha

>if I actually liked playing MTG.

You don't even play, and yet you think you can tell double-sleeved fakes apart from across the table during a game. You just went full potato. Thanks for dropping by.

>I highly doubt you are going to a vintage tournament (even a low level one) and passing these cards off as the real thing. Too many people that actually own cards worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars are there, and at least one will spot a fake.
Most vintage players own proxies to keep their moxen at home.
Hell we're the reason Collector's Edition costs what it costs.

I'm learning how to do the foil proxies myself, and to be honest applying the card to the decal is a lot harder than it looks
>mfw think I finally get one right
>look closer and the corner is just slightly off.

What decals do you use?

Why do people feel that them paying $800 for a mosern deck is something they should be proud of?

Impliying a judge would do a deckcheck removing sleeves

meh my double sleeved proxies made it through a gp, even a deck check.

Sunk cost fallacy, they feel that they have to justify themselves on paying loads of money for cardboard, etc.

can you guys tell me if these are real or fake?

Look real to me, but what the hell do i know.

Half and half a few of the textures are miscentered.

Ahh you think so? Dang. Well i didnt pay much for them. Bought them from some junkie looking dude, who said he stole them. If a few look real, then cool.

Just light test them.

Ahh true, and its like you said 4 passed 4 failed.

Are they fiscally irresponsible if they can pay all of their bills?

Theoretically yes. Because we're slaves and we're meant to give every cent we don't use to the bank.

Grow your credit user, be an adult user, be a man user. Don't buy shit you want what are you doing muh sheckesl REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

You have the autism son

They don't feel right intially, sure. Just rub them on a raw, sanded, wooden surface a little. Completely removes the waxy feel.

Not that I'd let anyone into my double sleeved decks to check.

I've already spent upwards of $8000 on this game. I'm not a fucking poorfag like you. That being said, getting essentially free copies of all my rarest cards & chocking edh deck & cube full of them feels great, so you can get fucked.

I cannot wait for the proxies to become 100% identical.

Create a small box frame. Drop card in, spray adhesive glue(if you use that, some decals have their own adhesive), drop decal in.

>Which I request as often as I can

>be a judge
>one sperg is requesting a deckcheck every round
>do it as fast as possible, as you can't tell him to fuck off

You gain nothing.

T. judge

Shhh let these retards think that a judge wants to go through the painin the ass process of manually checking someone cards that are double sleeved.

How much did you spend on the game?

>they won't work at live events
Holy shit are you naive. If they pulled every LED at a GP to check I'd bet you a solid 30% are fake.

I would put the number of Revised duals at about 10-15% and growing.

Doing the same thing: selling out of my collection right now, and just rebuying into proxies. Some proxies are getting very close to indistinguishable, and thus, I have a strong belief that besides graded cards, the secondary market is going to crash hard in the next 5-10 years.

Banning Twoo was also the final straw for me.

Got through my past 3 modern GPs with proxies and no issues.

Stay butthurt for spending thousands on glorified cardboard though.

The game is good mechanically, but the social direction of WOTC and a vocal minority of the community made me sell my collection and replace with proxies.

This. All we have to do in deck check is make sure the deck matches the decklist.
T. another judge

B..But I spent thousands of dollars on cardboard. I deserve to win!