>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>The Bloody Hand will point the way!
youtube.com/watch?v=hQGiFWwZJno

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JIASbkJkjcY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where on the 10-point scale do you think you are at anons?

sisters almost done. i wanted to do pinky white eyes like albino mice, but i dont have the steadiness of hand.

10 tbqh

Why are GW minis so expensive?!

2, possibly edging into 3 if I'm being generous.

ooh, that could be me.
Thanks in advance Floridanon.

in terms of what? looks or painting ability?

buy Chinese, even if you only buy a few gw models, its more than you would have without the chinese reenforcements

6 average. 7.5 if I have a good day.

why does he wear the rings?

Hard 4, a bit above average, but still have bad habits that hold me back.

Probably varies in the 5-7 range. I don’t play so I like to take time with my painting since I don’t need to paint up a full army. Its not perfect pro level, of course. My basing needs some work too.

i think im calling this done. and frig the user who was talking shit about my goblin green base last night. this is for my 3rd edition jungle theme table.

Because by Mad Max rules, BDSM is high fashion after the apocalypse.

Ral Partha wolves painted as Mongrels for my This Is Not A Test raiders. I'm not great at painting fur.

Somewhere in the 5-7 range, I don't finish models often enough to be consistently at level 7, but I can manage a 5 quite easily.

Five on a good day. Also depends on what I'm painting.

If Catalonia user is lurking package is on it's way.

Goblin green edges is nostalgic as hell, even if you should've gone with green sawdust or just green sand for the ultimate early to mid 90s look.

Because they know they can get away with it.

Maybe 4-5. I just started painting but I genuinely think my stuff looks really nice on the table. Nowhere near something I would put on display though.

the same reason Mont Blanc charges $10k for pens. They know they have a very classy and sophisticated customer base that can afford high quality luxury.

I forget... how many SS recipients did we have in Maryland? Some lad in Baltimore is gonna get his in a couple of days.

Partially because they need to pay-off the shareholders, partially because they have a ton of stores and shopkeepers.... many of which don't have any real gaming community because they're only open 5 days a week and don't allow in-store gaming other than demo games.

First time painter here, posting an update on my orks! C&C welcome, I'm still adding and fixing little bits of each model as I go!

5.5-6

Looking pretty good. A grown or black wash on the teeth would make it look even better.

the killy-box is pretty good for a first timer, but the orks still need some love

>mfw that might be me
HYPE

Reading the scale I can say 5-7.
I'm not very good at basing, and sometimes I just want the dudes done.

Speaking of: deathshrouds termites are pretty much done. I'm probablygoing to add corrosion to the areas where chinaman failed a full cast.
But, all in all I'm alright with them. Still shit at photos, can't see my highlights so I'm thinking about coming back at them

*brown

Some highlights on the spikes and blade edges would also be a good idea.

Ger-user, your gift is on the way.

Good solid colors and paint isnt even thicc. Good job! Now give them a wash and start learning how to highlight and you're on your way to tabletop standard and beyond.

I hope my user doesn't mind bits, greenstuff, and new brushes! I suck at special models and the like.

All right, Columbus OH anons, one of you should be getting a package either saturday or monday. Dropping this thing off on my lunch break.

I apologize in advance for my bastardized cursive and terrible handwriting.

Blood ravens are dope. Any comments bout my sarge would he dope

Did anyone find a new interest for themselves when looking for gifts for their match?
I put myself out of my comfort zone of GW and entered the unfamiliar FLGS to have a quick look
>long story short after seeing all the cool shit and buying some for user i decided i wanted to get some myself and im now signed up for a tester of bolt action and dropfleet

>Any comments bout my sarge would he dope
The pose kind of made me think of a NY tough guy accent.
>Yeah, waddya want?

4-5 I'd say.

You mean skillwise? maybe a 4 or maybe 5

Good effort for your first paint up! My first orc is THICC in the extreme. I think you need to work on using the washes to define details (e.g the teeth aren't quite crisp enough and the metal parts of the boots are too uniform and bright) asides from that and learning to highlight that is a valiant first effort!

It started snowing and I’m getting out of work early later, who ready for COMFIEST painting

>AY IM WALKIN ‘ERE
Looks good!

I did and had to ignore the urges to shove a bunch of random, cool looking things for myself in the basket.

Brace yourself, like literally put your pinky and ring maybe middle of your brush hand on the mini itself

There are all kinds of other techniques for painting that all involved support but the goal is to have nothing move relative to the mini which is why you need to actually touch it for deets

10 minus the 1

Dropfleet is damn good user, I think you'll like it.

>Where on the 10-point scale do you think you are at anons?

Depending on what I'm painting and how hard I worked on it, somewhere between a 4 and a 7. If you believe da ladz at CoolMiniOrNot, my top end is about a 6.5 ... which is odd because the models I've painted more recently (and which I consider of higher quality) rated lower than that!

>Dropping this thing off on my lunch break.

... and drive your shiny Datsuns and Buicks back to the phone company and the record store. too?

youtube.com/watch?v=JIASbkJkjcY

So I took the step and started adding some rust to the beetle. There's even a blue door in there somewhere. Typhus corrosion is the bee's knees

You've made the standard rookie mistake of painting white which is notoriously difficult. You want to start with an off white base and build up from there. I.e painboys apron and the teeth.

Yeah, it was difficult, but I think it turned out okay-ish

Yeah they are really well done, bretty gud for first models! Washes are your friend, a light one on the apron and a highlight would take it up to the next level of wow!

make that a 6-7 at a minimum user.

Try setting the phone and the mini on a table to get a less blurry picture.

The painting is very good, but I feel like the red is a bit off, weirdly enough. Maybe it's too dark?
Get a better picture if you can. Other than that, it's really good.

If you do some nice bases that's going to be a 7 at least

Lissen ta . Put the model down. Also, there are a few uvva fingz (pic related).

>The painting is very good, but I feel like the red is a bit off, weirdly enough. Maybe it's too dark?

See, I actually think it's just right. It reminds of that darker-than-5th-Edition-Blood-Angels red that makes me think of the way Blood Ravens appear in the Dawn of War computer games, which were their genesis. I may be biased, though, because along your lines of thinking, I think the Blood Angels red itself is too dark starting with about 3rd Edition.

I like 'em. Sort of old school 40k feel to them with the bright yellow coats and goblin green base. A bit thick in paint, but good enough. Got a pic of the full squad?

Finanon from 5xxxx-area, your packet is on hands of Posti Oy. Godspeed

What the others said, these look great. For washes, I'd recommend agrax earthshade for teeth and armor, and athonian camoshade for skin to make them look nice and dirty, but that's personal preference. Also, make sure to get the eyeballs!

wow, blue orks? I actually sort of like 'em. Very shamanistic looking, lighter armor, and different skin tone. Very very cool

A name you Fucker. I refuse to get hype like i did yesterday without confirmation

Elkton user, your package has arrived.

Eh. Noone gives a shit, which I'll take as it being fine. Coolio

Please be making a Mad Max guard regiment.

is this one of them nitro powered funny cars?

Initials are LS.
And in my defense, I was planning on throwing that in yesterday, but I went home and sorta forgot.

Fort Worth user
Your package will go out next week

Add random bitz andpieces of metal here and there.

Tonights WIP
My 3part display case for muh bookshelf

Aw fuck. It me.

Dang user, that's sweet. RIP Bretonia ;__;

Who is that treacherous cur using a crossbow instead of a knights weapon?

will Bretonia ever come back? What should I use my Green Knight as? Yours inspired me to paint him up

solid 6 maybe 7 when i'm patient but honestly we are all 1's

No. It's not an ork vehicle. It's a rusty beetle with pointy shit and skulls on it. A terrain piece mostly - an extraction point token thingy for necromunda if you will. Not orks. I'll do orks next time, properly, with plasticard and barrels and all that jazz.
Yes. Some nitroclycerine, but mainly iron(III)oxide
That sounds tedious. I want a Mad Max vehicular combat game now

Somewhere between 6-8 depending on what I'm working on

Awesome!! and I'm a fellow Bret player as well, trying to keep the dream alive mate!

Sadly, I highly doubt of any return to Warhammer Fantasy. Let alone Bretonnia...
Keep your Green Knight, as the Green Knight. Trust me do not cannabalize your Bretons...

Here's what I'm (off and on) working on. I'm wrapping up basing my Knights errant here...

Fear not.. kit bashed yeoman
Probably not :( that wont stop me tho
... ofc you should you knave!

seriously, I'm a 5, maybe a 6 if I apply myself, ain't nothin wrong with that

use a toothpick for eyes. or a 0.01 fineliner.

Aurora user, I just put your package in the mail. Keep an eye on your email, as soon as I get the tracking number Ill forward it to SS user.

Working on some bitter bois. Would've had more but the MKIII guys I got were cast pretty bad. Also I hate MKIII.

CA user, your package will be out by the end of tomorrow!

Did you want your tracking number, and if so how did you want it?

>mfw CA
It's a big state, so I know there's probably a fair number of folks from here, but I am still excited.

Reposting from last thread. Stuck on what do with my be(a)stmen in space colorwise. I've only given him base color for non-armour parts and Nuln Oil wash, but thats it.

Anyone feel like brainstorming some ideas? Haven't thought much of the backstory other than they are bunch of mercs wearing a ragtag bunch of gear and weapons. Lots of wear and tear on stuff probably.

relay such things from Secret-Santa-user, it should be quite secure.

Pic could help

perhaps use a cocktail of camouflage colours around their gear/equipment? Not so much that it clashes, but a mix of styles to represent their experiences on different battlefields and to enhance their ragtag appearance?

It's a slow board, calm your tits.

Good idea, I'll do so now.

paint darker base coat
lightly paint fur color almost like a dry brush technique s.t. it doesn't fill cracks
light wash

CA, which part? Can you give initials or city?
I think we have ~20 Califags in on the SS.

Seriously tho, any ideas for his right arm?

what did he just replace his armor at wal-emperors? Needs some scarification, hits.

looks great tho

Hopefully it's not going to one of the slightly fiery parts of CA.

Then again, Cali burns all the time every year, so I guess it's a crap shoot regardless.

dragon dildo

Naw I'm just excited to know it's coming