Other urls found in this thread:

m.gamestop.com/browse/search?searchTerm=Magic the gatjering
youtu.be/YKkdj4MVGNk
youtube.com/watch?v=CucVbhuh8vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

[citation needed]

Look around or are you just in denial?

>star city disguising a lquidation of products as a holiday sale
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar OP. Going to go get packs at gamestop after work now though, thanks for the tip

Be sure to show them the online price. Same for target.

m.gamestop.com/browse/search?searchTerm=Magic the gatjering

For the lurkers

Still user, HP dual lands slashed price is fishy as shit see vid
youtu.be/YKkdj4MVGNk

Thats not price slashing. You want price slashing go to tcgplayer literally any time of the year. Even 25% off of a USea at SCG is still more than the same quality through TCGplayer.

Hmmmmmm...

and nothing of value was lost

Are you the guy that's intentionally spreading lies about the game to try and shake confidence in it?

And if is anything to go by, their motives are fucking pathetic.

>$45 for a bundle that has 10 boosters in
Damn just $4.50 per booster? They're basically dumping stock!

>prices are cut during holiday season, looking for bulk sales
How is that different from every other retailer?

I was joking, $45 is arguably an expensive price for one of those things.

>MtG is finished now! - Veeky Forums every year

where's the mention of sjws ruining the product in the OP though, what poor bait 0/10.

>where's the mention of sjws ruining the product in the OP though, what poor bait 0/10.
He probably just phoned it in under the assumption that the /pol/tards have started associating MtG threads with safe spaces so they'll show up anyway

>/pol/ trying again

>Maro is seen running with bags of black lotuses yelling "the end is near"
>A new Hasbro toilet paper is released, with the reserved list stamped on it
>Judges can legally shot players
>Attractive female seen playing magic at local game store

This is the end Veeky Forums

To be fair, hasn't it lost something like 40% of its playerbase over the last few years

No, those were two different metrics (One was people who play regularly, one was customers in general. Turns out that your regular customer base is smaller than your total customer base.)

That was, once again, /pol/ not being able to understand numbers

Okay, thanks

You know those 99c packs are repacks, right? They're cheap because they're a bunch of shitty cards.

I'm not /pol/ you hyperactive fucks, just pointing out the obvious, the game is declining fast and there has to be a way for the players to fix it.

I sure as shit don't want mtg to die, I've been around since 2001.

Then fuck off newfag. If your first MTG deck isn't old enough to vote, you are too new and part of the cancer.

>'m not /pol/ you hyperactive fucks, just pointing out the obvious, the game is declining fast and there has to be a way for the players to fix it.
>I sure as shit don't want mtg to die, I've been around since 2001.

Let me guess, your proposal is to fix the game by removing the evil women invading your safe space?

Or those "cucks" that pretend you bathe and do not smell like a dumpster?

>pointing out problems is cancer

lol so you actually want a shit game? It been like this for years, if it stays this way and sales like this keep happening outside of the holiday season LGS will close and MTG will die out. Facts.
No, it's to fix the management by removing arguments and virtue signaling etc . and focus on whats important for the company and game before it goes under which if it continues down this path it will.

>they're a bunch of shitty cards
My plan personally
>Buy 24 packs for $24
>Hold a draft none of us have played in a few years with $6 buy in
>Play a fun draft for -$24

Good. MtG has always been shit

>Virtue signalling

Okay, what do you mean by that?

Fucking kill yourself buddy noone falls for these tactics no shove it u your ass faggot

Online CCG have killed Real Life CCG
Kind of like how video killed the radio star

Nigger have you not seen the last video they posted with the "pro" players saying everyone is welcome about "diversity" etc. shit has been going on for years. You must live under a rock.
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt user.

Okay, so you're not /pol/ but you're spouting the exact same bullshit that /pol/ does.

I'm sorry you feel that your safe space is being invaded, user, but you're not the only one allowed to play cardboard games.

Your agenda driven scaremongering is pretty blatant, user. A little subtlety would probably work better. Although your pathetic little crusade has zero chance of actually working to begin with.

>Judges can legally shot players
What Dredd-approved cards do I put in my iso cube Veeky Forums

I know I'm not the only one and I couldn't care less, my wife plays MTG with my lads too. It's when you pander so much it starts to hurt your business that it starts to matter. Just look at the numbers for yourself. Since all of this started MTG has lost a significant amount of players and lost a large amount of profit. Socjus never pays.
It's true sorry that you think it's fear mongering. I'm not on any cringey crusade I have a life outside of this unlike alot of Veeky Forums

Read the parable of the old woman at the temple. Her four copper coins given humbly were worth more than conspicuously given wealth

>my wife plays MTG with my lads too
Are you sure MTG is the only thing she plays?

>he's not /pol/ but says what /pol/ does

Huh, makes you think. /pol/ might be right again.

>Makes a thread about how a game he doesnt play is dying for reasons that dont exist or dont matter
>At least I have a life HAHA GOTTEM

/pol/ is always right

Or that the /pol/fags are finally realizing that they're not wanted here but haven't quite worked up to realizing that going I'M NOT /POL/ LOL doesn't actually work

so guys, how about we make a bingo for these threads?

Do you think mtg is losing money or virtue signaling should be the center square?

Well IF the market falls it will be like Chronicles.

Hasbro will step in and tell R&D to get they're shit together.

We would see a mass buyout of old product buy assholes like Rudy.

After that life would go on.

>One retard independently comes to the same conclusion that /pol/ does
>LOL I GUESS THAT MEANS /pol/ WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

MTG is for sure losing money. They are selling decks they used to give out for free for 10 dollars.

Okay, so that's the center square. Any other suggestions for spaces?

t. WOTC staff

Corporate will never come in and fix R&D's problems because they never understood them in the first place. They're likely the source of all of this in the first place. If the market falls they'll sell the company off, it's standard pump and dump tactics.

lol I thought you where joking TCC made a video about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=CucVbhuh8vk

OP may be on to something after all.

meant for

> WAAAAAAH EVERYONE I DONT LIKE IS POL!

Tell me more.

Stop being a fucking faggot and pretending you know anything about how a multi million dollar company works. Big boy wants a turn at the grown ups table just stop being a bitch dude this doesnt fool anyone

>WOTC says not for resell
>resells them because they're going broke because they've become so SJW nobody is buying they're products anymore

It's like every product is worse than the last.

My fucking sides

I see Mark's Tumblr found the tread.

Holy shit stop talking about how much you hate /pol/ some of us want to play games with people with different politics. Stop dividing everyone for some marketing scheme bullshit.

>walks like a duck
>swims like a duck
>quacks like a duck
>wears a sign around its neck that says "DOG"
>"Huh, I guess dogs quack too!"

>muh virtual signaling
>muh 40% reduction in players
>muh reserved list
>muh chinamen cards
>muh curling cards
>muh hearthstone

>Holy shit stop talking about how much you hate /pol/ some of us want to play games with people with different politics.

Then maybe people should stop bringing politics into Veeky Forums.

Nah, the center square has to be something that shows up EVERY thread, so in this case it's "I'm not /pol/ I swear you guys, also not that it's important but /pol/ is always right."

Try applying this logic to more things.

You first. You can't just say bullshit and demand silence in response.

>You first. You can't just say bullshit and demand silence in response.

You mean like 'WOTC is falling apart due to virtue signalling'?

>When the MtG threads start sounding like your discussing Lawbreakers
Jesus.

>Try applying this logic to more things.
I already apply Occam's razor to almost all situations before making a judgment, actually, but thanks for the encouragement.

As an A-political statement, regardless of who they may or may not be signaling to, that does seem to have some merit as a topic of discussion.

Apolitical is one word. Instead you made it 'An a political statement'. Which it is.

Thanks for your contribution.

I agree with your hypothetical situation. The problem is that the actual situation is not like the one you describe in that it is not apolitical. People talking about "virtue signaling" here are not making silly claims about eagles and fashy symbolism in WarHam, they're bitching about black people in fantasy Africa and blaming it on libtards.

>People are complaining about my ideological bullshit instead of the other guy waaah
C'mon man.

I did say those claims would be silly, if anybody made them: nobody does, because they're silly. The fact is that there are no discussions on "virtue signaling" here that are politically neutral, and that in fact they all tend to lean the same way: claiming that a politically neutral discussion of it would be a good thing is a moot point because those discussions don't exist.
You're also failing to consider the motives behind these discussions. I think that discussion ought to be for its own sake. It is at least probable that there are people with ideological agendas at play here that demand they make claims in bad faith about virtue signaling, Magic the Gathering, etc. If as a board we are not interested in ideological or political agendas above traditional games, then we ought to reject these people and their arguments.

>I'm not /pol/
>uses the phrase "virtue signaling" in his next post

Eh. After what I've seen this last week I'm assuming the government coverup stuff is real given how no one seems to be posting in good faith at all.

>Kind of like how video killed the radio star
That wasn't the point of that song! It was that people judge you by your appearance, and ugly people who were good singers were no longer marketable because people were focusing on their looks.

>WotC doubles down on inclusion
>alienates and insults primary demographic
>lose money
>make 20 products a year to throw at the wall and see what sticks
>lose even more money
>deal with big box stores to make up for losses
>singles market takes a huge hit
>LGS close down
>wizards losses more money

Should have stuck to white males ages 14-30 WotC.... Morons.

At least we will have our weeb CCGs, because the jews fear the samurai.

Autstic retards like you who cry about /pol/ everywhere as soon as someone says something you don't like are the most annoying posters on Veeky Forums. Holy shit you are so obsessed.

Well sometimes a cigar is a big brown dick.

>>Judges can legally shot players
RIP Alex Bertoncini

Not when you price match at Target. Checked all of the packs I got (11 packs for like $15 all said and done), no tampering. Not a lot of value though, but did get a Fetid Pools.

Further, you can't buy them online and have to find a store with them in stock, and both Targets and Gamestops in any sort of populated area are sold out of them. If they aren't, they've put stupid price matching policies on the products. I hit up four Targets yesterday: One had six packs of AKH and let me price match all of them, one was sold out, and two had a "1 unique item per price match" rule (meaning I only got 2 or 3 packs of whatever they had).

It's worth hunting, though. You're saving a fantastic amount on cardboard crack.

More on-topic:
>One retailer putting items on clearance doesn't a crisis make

This but unironically.

Anything Boros or Azorius related really.

How do non-white, female, and/or gay characters alienate and/or insult you? You have to be a special kind of fragile to let that happen.

I wanna see more people pissed about the "Un" set they're releasing this weekend. Looks boring and complicated as fuck. There's a dozen fun/funny cards maybe, muddled with a bunch of contraption bullshit and a fucking vanilla card (if not more). There's a 6/4 trample in green that is literally nothing else. It's just boring card after boring card in a set that's supposed to be parodies and jokes and insanity.

I've played mtgo since 2008. Spent less than 100$ in the past 9 years there, mostly on drafts. I can find a pauper match in seconds any time of day

are you talking about fat packs? they have always been 40-45$ to account for 10 packs + pack of lands (though they get generous in pricing the pack of lands + die)

You're not thinking big enough picture, Marty. MTG IS the joke.

>Cliffy B
F

I really hate that this is true.

I just want everyone to be interested and enjoy the hobby as it's supposed to be enjoyed so we can all squeeze maximum fun from it together.

I get why people feel that way, but I also enjoy playing at tables where people aren't homophobes and white boys don't throw around the n-word. And the community isn't caustic in general. A little salt is fine and to be expected, but...
>LGS right around corner
>Tiny hole in wall
>Drafts are cheap but generally unregulated, people sit wherever and newbies don't get rules thoroughly explained
>Don't care, I can do rules and keep the table in check, even if I don't work there. People wind up liking me more so it's win-win
>There's typically three or four drafters with any sort of skill, then five or six newbies
>Almost everyone is pretty degenerate
>One guy is basically the store king, works there and wins often
>He can be really fun to play against but gloats a lot, if you bring your own smack talk game it can get fun
>Usually me and him in the finals whenever I draft there, unless we get paired off early. I never win but it's always close
>Last draft I attended
>Me and him in the last round
>He is showboating hard going into match one
>Game 1 is a long, complicated game where he nearly decks himself but squeaks out a victory
>Game 2 is quick and clean in my favor, he had a bad hand and couldn't do a thing against my flyers
>Game 3 starts and he starts showing off his hand, already celebrating
>I go perfectly quiet, because I've got a sweet curve-out and some removal
>His star players come out and get nuked
>The Air Force assembles on my side
>But every single response to me stopping something of his has suddenly become "that's gay"
>Every time. It's not stupid or ridiculous, it's "gay"
>He was, to this point, the hold-out for homophobia in the store.
>Beat him, turns out he's a horrifically sore loser, complains and whines and doesn't offer a good game back
>Get my packs and leave
>Next time I come in it's a bunch of hicks calling each other faggots and a white boy is saying the n-word freely until a black guy walks in
>Next time I come in it's empty

I hate that people police speech. Not every person who uses gay as a pejorative is a homophobe and not every white boy who says nigger is a racist. Words are words and it is literally their right to speak as stupidly as they want. You can feel free to not like it but placing shame on them because they don't think the way you do is the real caustic thing, You don't get to be a solid gaming community be being utterly and completely inclusive, that leads to sad shit like . Just think about it like your group of friends, it probably doesn't include every single person you have ever hung out with and it is that way due to personal reasons and choices you have made. Tight knit LGSs aren't really a thing anymore because people feel pressured to push their boundaries (however inane that may actually be) when they just want to sit down and play some games.

>using gay or nigger like an insult is not homophobic or racist

>White boy
>Black guy
Examine your own language choices too, friend.

Given my rebuttal is anecdotal, but the LGSs in my community that are more inclusive and use less hateful speech tend to be more well-attended, have more events that have better structure, and are generally more enjoyable places to be.

Further, yes: everyone who uses gay as a pejorative has homophobic tendencies (as the use of it is always in the negative, and casts a negative light on homosexuality), and every white boy who says nigger/nigga (especially nigger though) has racist tendencies for appropriating black culture and dismissing their feelings of it. You can argue these points all you want, but it doesn't magically make them not true. There are plenty of other words you can use besides "gay" and "nigga", but you actively choose to use these things due to the weight they carry and the taboo nature of them.

tl;dr: You're wrong, you're wrong and you're wrong.

Examine the context within which I used the terminology.

I feel you, bro. I remember how much better Magic used to be back in the day. These days I recommend either getting high-quality counterfeit cards or go digital.

Maybe stop calling people boy.

I've stopped calling non-white people boy because there's a much deeper and insidious history to the word used on other races/cultures.

If the white boy wasn't acting like a child I wouldn't call him one.

>I know history and refuse to learn from it
Jesus Christ

>every white boy who says nigger/nigga (especially nigger though) has racist tendencies for appropriating black culture and dismissing their feelings of it.
I can tell just by your word choices here that you're just trying to rustle feathers, (you're pretty good at it too, inundated with the language of the segregationist left).

That being said for anybody stupid enough to agree with this, what exactly do you think cursing is? Why do we say 'Bitch', or 'Fuck', or 'Dick' or 'Cunt'? Do you think calling someone a dick disparages all penises? Do you think the same happens for cunt? Asshole? Does Fuck disparage the act of intercourse?

These are just words, shitbird. Am I talking about a bird covered in fecal matter? On some level, yes, but mostly just because the words themselves are punchy. When I swear, I don't go over the cultural implications of the words I'm using because there aren't any. When I call someone a 'Slave to PR' I'm not considering that black people were subjected to slavery.

People who come down on specific usages of words like this are the ones pulling meaning where they see it, not where the person saying it is. When they see a Chess piece, they look at the black side and the white side as a division of races, not as a set of game pieces denoting sides for the purposes of the game. They're the ones burying prejudicial undertones and projecting it onto others.

tl;dr: It's all projection, words have ONLY the power that they're given, and there's nothing wrong with cursing like a sailor. You can't be racist or hostile unless you directly act the part, otherwise it's entirely talk.

tl;dr the tl;dr: Sticks and Stones will break your bones, but words cannot hurt you.