Brotherhood of the Lost - Preview Book 1

Greetings, and welcome to the Brotherhood of the Lost!

As many of you know, of the original twenty legions to serve the Emperor in the Great Crusade, two have never been explained or explored, instead referred to the Lost Legions. Not content to leave a void in this intricate universe, many hobbyists have crafted their own Legions with imagination and creativity. Other talented writers and dreamers went a step further and crafted entirely new Heresies, such as the famed Dornian Heresy. Which brings us to this project, which started with this question: "What if the canon legions were replaced by Lost Legion projects?" Here we are, two years later, with eighteen new Legions that have led to a new conflict: the Icarion Insurrection.

Gone are the familiar names of Horus, Ultramarines, World Eaters, and Sanguinius. While a few familiar faces can be found here and there, new heroes and villains now struggle to control the fate of the galaxy. Within the link provided, anyone can read a a preview of our first rulebook: Insurrection. In its pages is an introduction to our universe, the struggles that foretold the incoming civil war, and six of the Legions destined to fight it.

We hope everyone enjoys our work as much as we did in creating it!

The link itself! Clicking on the link will auto-download the PDF file:

dropbox.com/s/tbnpgy0z0nhi2w1/Insurrection Preview.pdf?dl=1

Critiques and Comments are always welcome.
If you want to join, just drop a message.

Oh this doesn't look too bad.

Why is the eagle warrior using a wood club?

I guess it's a Macuahuitl-Pattern chainsword they borrowed from the Blood Jaguars

Neat. Do The Drowned come with submarines? Because that should be a thing.

How did you guys do the marines? I mean the colours and all? Photoshop?

So this is B&C doing a Hektor Heresy, Brotherhood War or Divided Imperium? Why have we made so many alternate heresies?

Sweet. What's the deal with the loyalists?

The Stallion is not amused by this invasion

Get outta here! Shoo!

Nope, thought they have drill-transports. 3D warfare, not limited to underwater.

Because the canon Heresy ended up so fucktarded we tried to see if we could do better than GW.

>Because the canon Heresy ended up so fucktarded we tried to see if we could do better than GW.

That honestly isn't a high bar.

Because 40k has always been about Your-Dudes. This is kind of the ultimate progression of that. It's just some collaborative fun for a group of people so long as they don't take it too seriously.

Don't be rude.

It's all in love.

Lately I've been writing 40k fanfiction kind of stuff mostly because 40k is a really fun "sandbox" to write stuff in. Like you can basically use the setting as bones and layer on the meat of your own worldbuilding.

Even better if you can get someone to read your writing.

>Eagle Warriors
>Void Eagles

>Halcyon Wardens
>Wardens of Light

REEEEEEEEEEEEE there’s only 18 legions and you have multiple overlapping names? 0/10 try again.

>Iron Hands
>Iron Warriors

>Blood Angels
>Dark Angels

>Space Wolves
>Luna Wolves

Still better than the OU for name originally.

>Eagle Warriors
>Warriors of Peace
It’s even worse than I thought.

Don't forget Raven Guard and Death Guard as well.

Heh, it's a side effect from operating from what was then a bunch of current Lost Legion projects.

>Blood Jaguars
You mean Rainbow Warriors.

How did you guys do the art?

A guy called Algrim Whitefang* created a few and was kind enough to finish the whole selection when we asked.

*This is his name on the B&C forums at least

At least they're a bit catchier though. Most of these new ones are a mouthful and the names stink of over-designed snowflake yourdudes syndrome

How can you decide that a legion is snowflake when they are called Void Eagles or Halycon Wardens?

Just seems the standard nonsense comment of a guy with no balls.

These guys have done a good job. The fluff is greatly written.
When will we see the finished book and the next?

Not sure. To finish the book, we have to finish the rules for each Legion, we have to write fluff for the three main campaigns in the book, and then rules for those campaigns.

The good news is that we have initial drafts for most of this, except the campaign rules. With the Christmas season upon us, it's my hope we can finish everything in the span of months instead of years. But again, no promises.

The next book after that will be much quicker. We decided to divide the remaining 8 books into 8 trilogies of three mini-books. This will hopefully allow us a quicker developmental cycle and to maintain momentum.

Sorry I can't offer hard times though.

Wait what? 9 books in total? Are you serious?

Well, 1 book and 24 mini-books. Each mini-book will feature 1 campaign/major battle and a fewer number of factions/Legions.

In truth, I wanted to change book 1 to the mini-book format, but the Vizenko Prosecution chapter and the enlarged History chapter makes this extremely difficult to evenly divide between three mini-books. So, Book 1 will remain as the first, last, and only full book of the series.

>Warriors of peace
That's a contradiction

>tfw Imperium Asunder has not and will never be this complete
Why even live?

That's part of the charm. They're a Chinese Legion, influenced by Daoism, which is known for their paradoxical lines, like "The purest white seems stained."

That is quite a task you try to achieve. Good luck with it. If you make this true ( which I highly doubt) then FW should hire you.

>Warriors of peace

fucking 1984 outta nowhere

Big brother is watching you

budget cuts

>Scions Hospitallar
Is that nigga wearing a Thallax visor?

Thought it was this new primaris helmet