Warhammer Fantasy General /WFG/

Our WHFRP links have gone dead Edition

...seriously, if anyone has them saved please share, the pastebins dead.

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.comq/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previously Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qLSezK6_N5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So what do you predict about Kruber's, Victor's and Kerillian's classes are going to be in 2?

Bretonnuns r dum

I just started playing shadow of the horned rat the ork voices are top kek

Kruber will have Knight, Greatsword and a shooting class maybe an Outrider or something with a repeating handgun.

The only class that matters, however, is Bardin's slayer. Shame it will probably be shit because he can't use ranged weapons which means one fucking gas rat could terrorise you for eternity.

Back in the good old days where a Dwarf King only needed a crown and a purple night gown.

They will probably give him a lunge or somthing to close distance and take less damage.

Nah mate, that's a skaven.

Yeah I mean the quest where you go to help Karak Zuffbar. The king looks like some fucking tramp they found wandering around outside.

That was part of a trend back in the 90s that was originally about making sure that the weapons would not be too brittle when handled (a common problem with plastic kits today, btw) that reached its obvious conclusion where daggers and short swords look like heavy scimitars and regular swords and claymores look like cricket bats.

1 month till Tomb Kangz...just one more fucking month...

Victor’s got Bounty Hunter, he’ll probably have Witch Hunter Sergeant or similar to represent him being vindicated by his peers. Not sure if Bounty Hunter represents his dark future though. If so, he’d be whatever he was in his past. I’m not well versed with his background, but my money would be on being a Warrior Priest. If Bounty Hunter is just his alternative path, then maybe his dark future will be some kind of flagellant?

Seems more likely for Kruger to turn into a flagellant, imo. Victor's too proud for anything like that.

I disagree, I think that Victor’s pride is exactly the sort of thing that’d turn him into a flagellant. I can imagine it as a sort of “I’ll take all the sins of the world into my flesh” kind of thing.
Dark!Kruger I think would be some sort of bloodthirsty mercenary, or executioner?

I don't feel the same way - Victor is religious, yes, but not enough to become a flaggelant where he's believing the End Times have come and simply trying to have a good death all slayer-like. He's too focused on actually hunting his enemies.

I'd feel his dark future would be something more to do with risking corruption without the safety of the Order of the Silver Hammer to help him out.

So becoming a sorcerer or warlock of some kind?

I hope each career has unique interactions with each other. I'd love to hear the difference between a fully Good!Party and a Bad!Party

It's kind of hilarious how the vagaries of miniature design impacted the fantasy genre as a whole.

Pauldrons, for example, are very important because 99% of the time you're going to be looking at a miniature from above, some distance away. Big old space marine/chaos warrior/orc pauldrons were an aesthetic designed for wargaming but the look carried over into the likes of Warcraft and from there into video games.

Reminder that cold one knights are canonically disgusting.

1 month till Tomb Kangz what?

Maybe not that much, but just being tainted somehow. It'd be odd to put him into a role that seems like it'd be more the fire wizard lady's speed.

Tell your processor to bite the pillow, this one's going in dry.

youtu.be/qLSezK6_N5w

>play RoR after a shittong of time away
>forgot how they merged T2 with T3 and T4
>thus making every single RvR zone past T1 a shitfest of epic proportions because it's always about zerging and not actually fighting it out
>level 23, stuck at renown 23
>haven't moved from that despite playing RvR for several hours straight

I'm strongly thinking about just making a new Marauder, transferring my gold and dyes to him, and playing things only in RvR from the start, ignoring PQs and regular quests.

Has...Radious gone too far?

(very, very heavy skirmishers)

Radious is retarded and that unit is 110% retarded.

Been playing a lot of Vermintide and I like it

what do you want to see for the sequel? I'd like a Warrior-Priest and deep down a Blood Knight Vampire as a playable class

I wouldn't say no to a versus mode but that's unlikely.

>4e delayed to mid 2018

Goddammit.

At least they promise it won't be slightly updated 2e.

Kerillian's face.

Heaven or Hell

LET'S ROCK!

Yeah, Tyrion wins if it’s a physical fight. Franz is a badass no doubt, but Tyrion’s like that one guy in high school and college who did nothing except play football and he was great at it only he’s been at it for like 2000 years.
If it came to actually running a country or an army, Tyrion looses because his entire strategy is “charge in so I can HIT THEM FOREVER”. Mind you he’s such a boss in a fight he can usually make that work for him, but he seems like he’d be easy to bait into a trap once a cunning strategist realized that despite being older then most human civilizations doesn’t really mean that you’re smarter or wiser or more emotionally mature.

retard

The issue isn’t that Tyrion is stupid or a bad general, because he’s supposed to be a great war leader too.
The issue is DEFINITELY the emotional maturity thing; he’s a total hothead and he definitely gets off on killing shit, so any reasonably intelligent commander’s correct strategy would be to bait him so that he Jaime Lannister’s ahead of the main force and then while’s he’s distracted you cut him off and kill his troops.

Reminder that Sigvald the Magnificent is the greatest WH character of all time

Reminder that:
Sigvald has personally met Slaanesh itself and survived a trip through the chaos vortex and returned from the realm of Chaos.

Slaanesh takes the form of whatever you desire most, so when Slaanesh appeared to Sigvald in the Realm of Chaos, it took the form of Sigvald himself, to speak to Sigvald.

Sigvald cant get dirty

Sigvald beat a Daemon prince with 1 stab of sliverslash

Sigvald obtained one of Galrauch's claws for a quest, simply by singing with his perfect voice which matched high-elven vocals.

Sigvald was on a high bridge of his castle with one of his best friends, admiring the picturesque view in the winter twilight... when he realized that his friend wasn't handsome enough and ruined the scene, so he pushed him off the bridge to his death.

Sigvald wouldn't fight Valten because Valten was unworthy and would rather duel Sigmar himself.

Sigvald Killed Krell 1v1 with his bare hands.

Sigvald made it into WH Total War, beating out lesser characters like Valkia, Gutrot, etc

>elf
>disgusting

what else is new

Tyrion, this isn't even a contest.

He's gelded.

You forgot your crusader hat.

>gelded
>Has wife who he bangs on the regular
>no dick
Geld prince obvious refers to the germanic derivative for "golden"

>on a high bridge of his castle with one of his best friends, admiring the picturesque view in the winter twilight... when he realized that his friend wasn't handsome enough and ruined the scene, so he pushed him off the bridge to his death.

Jesus, the absolute madman

what the fuck was the thought process behind that?

How does one differentiate Khorne from Khaine? They seem almost deliberately similar.

In 40k at least, it's been hinted at a few times that they may be related in some way. For instance, the Word Bearers homeworld of Colchis had a prophet called Khaine that was just another name for Khorne

there was some old theories that they are the same, and that khaine is just a trick to get elves to workship khorne without them knowing

Khaine is the god of assassination
Khorne the god of murder

sound pretty self explanatory to me

They are deliberately similar, to make you question the lines between the "gods" and the "Ruinous Powers."

To answer your question, though...

-Khaine has sorcerous worshipers among the assassins and witch elves, Khorne punishes all sorcery with daemonic attack. Additionally, Khaine grants holy miracles.

-Khaine tolerates that temples might be built in his name, Khorne considers the battlefield the only temple.

-Khaine is pleased with trickery, subterfuge, and secret assassination so long as murder is done - Khorne finds this foolish.

-Khaineites among the Druchii oppose (and kill) Druchii Khorne worshipers (and use Khaine's miracles and magic artifacts in so doing).

In the end, the answer is that all of the Immaterium is Chaos, and the gods are just smaller motes floating among a greater sea, defined by more sophisticated thoughts and ideas while the Ruinous Powers draw the bulk of their identity from the id and the most fundamental emotional experiences of mortals.

>Everything is just another name for Chaos

I hate this. If every god is just another aspect of the Chaos gods then what is capable of standing up to Chaos at all aside from itself? Is everything Chaos?

Good guys don't pray to Khorne. Good guys can pray to Khaine. Khaine might be a god of murder, but he's part of the elven pantheon, as much as warfare is part of the world. He's a necessary evil and the asur for instance know that you shouldn't get lost in his rage, but still pray before battle to him. But overall is Khaines form of violence much more controlled and ritualized, not blind destruction, but precise killing.

Not really, Khaine is god of murder too. Khaine encompasses all warfare. The fact that some of his devoted followers are assassins show how much more controlled his cruelty is. But that is not the only violence he knows.

All magic is chaos, and all gods are magic; mass shadows of cultures and minds.

It's not against Chaos's law for Chaos to make war on Chaos. We have a Chaos god of atheism. We have a Chaos god of un-making all plans.

Khaine is Khorne? Wherever could you have gotten that idea?
Madness, surely.

There's a lot of syncretism in warhammer and going by the metaphysics laid out in Liber Chaotica, it's more complicated than merely 'Khaine is Khorne'. They are perhaps separate and sometimes conflicting entities, but they are also two parts of the same whole, in much the same way as Hashut could be said to be a part of Khorne also.

Note to self: remember to add the picture

>Reminder that Sigvald the Magnificent is the greatest WH character of all time
he is a lowly servant of idiot mad puppet made by collective brainfart of mortals

Khaine allows some magic, right? That's a pretty clear difference. And Khaine is more about either brutal up-front murder, but not with the whole 'blood for the blood god' schtick, or about assassinations and serial killers.

It's sort of like how everyone can pretty easily compare Khorne and Ulric, but they're obviously distinct war gods. No one ever compares Tzeentch and Lilith, or Nurgle and...I don't know, Rhia.

>Liber Chaotica
such a good read.

And here are some in-character viewpoints.

Flagellant is already confirmed as of data mining.

No versus confirmed by devs and nobody wants that anyway.

Sadly no new classes but we have potential unlike in the first one. New careers are more likely.

Is it true that Lizardmen are just mindless automatons?

no

>Knights are a poor substitute foro ur watch hunters and militiamen
>militiamen
>better than knights

That is a brutal burn.

Why would you think that?

Bretonnians are the greatest kni-

>Is everything Chaos?

Yes, at least in 40k

Khorne doesnt give a crap about industry, Hashut is basically an industrial god by this point

I do like Settra.... however his face is ugly and therefore is not fit to rule anything.

I disagree. Khorne is all about tools and engines of destruction.
Khorne has always had the most overlap with 40k, with his servants being the most common carriers of chainswords and similar. 8th edition gave Daemons mechanical Skull Cannons and Blood Thrones, but even way before that, things like pic related were showing up.
Liber Chaotica explicitly draws a parallel between Juggernauts and Hashut.

Hashut is certainly THE god of industry, but there is still some overlap with Khorne.

>hurr durr Bretonnians are shit knights cuz they lost to trickery

t. short lance

This is hilarious to me, since apparently Columbus once did the same thing to the natives he met with predicting an eclipse.

I think they originally were, or at least the slann were the only ones with real autonomy. After the Old Ones fucked off they were left without direction so they naturally started to figure out shit for themselves. Now with the rise of Sotek cults it's clear they're in charge of thier own minds, even if 90% of thier thoughts are still "MUH GREAT PLAN"

It's a bit bizarre, though, since the various nations of the Old World should both know what an eclipse is and even be able to predict it.

That kind of makes the most sense. The Great Plan is so scattered, and the Slann have to spend so much time just thinking about things, that the Lizardmen as a whole have to figure out the day to day and the general future for themselves. Sure they say that Sotek was prophecized in the Great Plan, but are we sure that the Lizardmen didn't just want for there to be a god, and it began to form in the Aethyr? Why would the Old Ones have included the rise of a god in their plans?

It's from Glory mod. The modder is pretty helpful if you have modding queries regarding units.

>Slaanesh takes the form of whatever you desire most, so when Slaanesh appeared to Sigvald in the Realm of Chaos, it took the form of Sigvald himself, to speak to Sigvald.
kek.

How so?

They rub themselves in Cold One slime so the Cold Ones won't eat their asses.

The slime also completely kills their sense of feeling for the rest of their lives.

>Last gasp of a dead setting
>Lost to fucking mario Ribbit

a much better source for wfb fiction is available at my trove with almost every warhammer fantasy novel comic and audiobook*
snip.li
/RPGNovels

and a lot more, please feel free to update the pastebin/op from now on

* if anyone has:
Gamebook Path to Victory -Beneath the City of The White Wolf by MF Bradshaw
or
Gotrek and Felix: Slayer of the Storm God text by Nathan Long
I'd be obliged.

?

Reminder that of all the races of Men the gods favour the Norse alone

How many Doomwheels?
Not enough Doomwheels!
NEVER ENOUGH DOOMWHEELS!!!

>Never really cared much for Bretonnia
>Watch their TW:W trailer
>Realize they're pretty fucking cool
>Read up on their lore
>Actually start liking them
>Want to make an army
>GW destroyed their range

Finding old models is a bitch. Thanks GW. I'm sorry for ever looking down on Bretonnia players.

same here.
id buy a whole army if they did another run of them

I would hate to see gw try and force them into their new game. Better off dead imo

I'm lucky enough to have a small army of them, but I'm out in the middle of nowhere. The only other person I know of with WFB minis in the area is the guy I bought the army off of, and I don't think he'll dig out those Tomb Kings just for me.

I know that there's a quote saying that each day an aspect of khorne challenged khorne to his throne and that the victor tosses aside khornes broken body to sit upon the throne to be khorne.

Khaine could be one of those aspects or just very much like them.

>that filename

IIRC, the recent goings on with Fenris proved definitively that not everything is Chaos.

>tfw able to make Manlet the true size he really is

When the

FUCK

is Total War adding Kislev?

If they ever do, it’ll be in the third game because they will have the full map and it updates it completely with TWII instead of squashing it like the DLC incorporating the Old World currently does.

>those prices

australia

Great to see this covered, Khorne fan and player and my view on it is very simple.

As the quote says, Khorne cares not. There is a (Chaos) God that is empowered by the brutality of warfare and bloodshed. The energies that are brought free there most certainly empower Khorne too.

There is offcourse one massive difference, Khaine does not seem to dispise blood magic, where Khorne despises all forms of magic.

My thake on this is that the Chaos gods actually arrived with humanity in the WFB setting and as such Khorne is actually a more pure variant of this 'war god's will' as Khaine is. Where Khaine ultimately is the name given to this influence of chaos by the Dark Elves. One of the two is more of a slave to darkness though (humans/mortals) and the other wants to harness some of it's power for itself (elves).

As you both have mentioned though, we don't have much direct confirmation on the difference. The view of a Witch Hunter is neat but ultimately a view of not either a follower of Khorne or Khaine.

It's more of a story on social views on mutations. The Norse see it as a blessing of the gods. The weak Southerns see it as a curse of the gods.

Quite frankly though spawndomn is confirmed to be a curse of the gods, even Chaos gods reward this gift to mortals they find obnoxious, too willing or simple fuck them over for the fun of it.

Smaller mutations on the other hand are certainly seen as blessings if them are usefull. Be it for combat or hunting.

Dudes, stop being moronic and trying to sound smart. The answer was given in the lore books. Picture related.

All gods in the setting, whether they be gods of Order and Disorder, are aspects or portions of the Chaos Gods formed from the intersecting spheres of the Great Four. For example, the Horned Rat is formed from the intersection between Tzeentch and Nurgle. As for Khaine he is formed from the intersection between Khorne and Slaanesh.

The gods can be just other names for the Chaos Gods or independent enities spawned of them.

>Quite frankly though spawndomn is confirmed to be a curse of the gods

No, it's not. Spawndom happens when a mortal gets too much gifts that his mind and body is unable to endure and gives out.