Keyword list for Modular Monstrosity

So I'm considering making an alphabetized list of keywords (and their numbers and effects) document and printing it out for this. I'd like to know if anyone else is planning on doing it/has started so that way I can get back to searching for all my banned cards in case I get Spike or making my list of English words with non latin letters in them in case I get Hangman or looking for basic lands with trees in them for selfie preservation. If I finish it I'll post it here.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodgamery.com/2016/03/odric-flippy-flappy-tactician/
mtg.gamepedia.com/Keyword_ability
mtg.gamepedia.com/Undying
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rosewater posted a pretty comprehensive banned card list on his own blog, i haven't heard of anyone compiling a keyword list.

The comp rules has a listing of all (black-border) keyword abilities. You'd just need to do a search for what parameters have been printed for those that involve such additional specifications, like Protection and Annihilator.

From there you'd just need to check the Un-sets for any Un-keywords that aren't in the main list in the comp rules.

I plan on doing it but it's still a bit of a chore especially since it (to be comprehensive) would have to include every seperate soulbond ability and enrage ability etcetera and then each N for annihilator, rampage, afflict etcetera
If you're talking about the Unstable Unstable FAQAWASLFAQPAFTIDAWABIAJTBT I'd like to let you know that it is far from comprehensive.

You wouldn't get anything out of Soulbond other than pairing it with things - no extras. But it's good for not losing abilities, just like discard, scry, dies, and exert. And does slightly more than those, since there's that one creature that can't attack (or whatever) unless it's paired with something else.

>would have to include every seperate soulbond ability
The soulbond keyword does nothing for you on Modular Monstrosity, because the effects are not from the keyword itself but rather from separate abilities that refer to the bond. All the keyword does is establish a bond between the two creatures.

>enrage ability etcetera
Enrage is not a keyword, but rather an ability word. Same goes for any other "keyword" that always appears in italics -- battalion, delirium, morbid, etc. Ability words have no inherent rules content, but rather only serve to call your attention to a common pattern or theme in an ability that they're trying to emphasize in the set.

Ironically, as-printed, "discard", "scry", "dies", and "exert" would all be valid selections, unlike enrage. They aren't keyword ABILITIES, but they are KEYWORDS (specifically, keyword ACTIONS), and Modular Monstrosity only specifies you need to name a "keyword", not a "keyword ability". (Though by context, it's pretty clear that it really means "name a keyword ability", so keyword actions probably aren't kosher.)

I'll just leave this here:
goodgamery.com/2016/03/odric-flippy-flappy-tactician/

I believe Maro said keyword actions are legal - they just don't do anything other than preserve your list. Which can be useful if you don't want to use up today's use of Rampage or Bushido when you're a turn or two from winning.

The FAQetc. actually explicitly says keyword actions are not allowed.

so whats the least amount of enemy spells you would need to make this card completely untouchable

Protection from Everything
Indestructable

for starters

I think it'll always "die" to Descend Upon the Sinful, Final Judgement, and Merciless Eviction, but Protection from Everything and Indestructible would be about as good as you can get. Still, it'll die to any effects that remove indestructibility and then destroy it

Add Hexproof

You would need "you can't be forced to sacrifice this" which doesn't exist as a keyword. There's OG Sigarda, but the ability isn't a keyword.

Protection encompasses Hexproof. It still can't be targeted (or damaged, or enchanted-equipped, or blocked) by anything, including spells and abilities your opponents control

mtg.gamepedia.com/Keyword_ability

No need my dude.

Undying can reset him
mtg.gamepedia.com/Undying

Four spells to instant kill.

>Protection from Everything (Progenitus)
>Infect
>Triple Strike (Three-Headed Goblin)
>Frenzy (Frenzy Sliver)

The last is skippable if you can give it +1/+0 through any other means.

It won't save your keyword list but it will annoy your opponent: Persist.

When Modular Monstrosity leaves play (graveyard or exile), does it lose accumulated keywords?

Indestructable could work too. Or some Landwalk if you aren't at all concerned about it eating removal.

Half the point of the protection is to render it unblockable, such that the Triple Strike Infect kills the opponent in one attack.

>you must choose a modifier that has been printed

Persist and something that gives it +1/+1 counters on etb makes it bounce back from the graveyard repeatedly cause the +1/+1 counters cancel out the -1/-1. Assuming you don't have rules lawyer out.

On is own TUMBLR blog. Don't forget that part, which really explains quite a bit about the absolute state of what used to be mtg

I feel like this is shit that needs to be on the card to stop arguments.

Just give it persist and undying

>Paying 7 mana then waiting for your opponent to cast 2 spells just so you can have a creature that returns to the battlefield once with a +1/+1 counter
Hahaha my man haha just say protection from everything dude lmao haha.

You can only do that once per day though, because that is how the card works. So if you are say, playing in a draft with multiple games being played, you will need alternate strategies for the next rounds.

Then say annihilator 6 like what the fuck you can do better than fucking persist.

You give them these things when they try to remove it, obviously.

Use shroud and hexproof for that purpose. If you give it persist the Monstrosity will still lose all the keywords it already has by going to the graveyard even though it returns.

Can you give this creature keywords with numerical values?

See

Yes, but the list of keywords you can't use again persists, even across multiple games.

If you have multiple copies of Modular Monstrosity, you use a single list for all of them.