Shitty Youtube tabetop

Somehow i stumbled on this piece of hot garbage, I couldn't care less about the game grumps, and im sure people who like them would probably enjoy this, but goddam if the dude running it wasnt the worst GM ive ever heard. plz forgive me for even listening to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=BrKdnnEMXFM&t=539s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3Y6hWjqAA&t=265s
youtube.com/watch?v=ybb8RafYrOI
youtube.com/watch?v=3Cre8Zrfu4M
youtube.com/watch?v=z-o0NKRDoO4&t=13043s
youtube.com/watch?v=VF6u2ATCxNY&list=PLv15pHGEqVpWhCREXWsutubjsv-umgAmu
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-oTJHKXHicSxKhs57c2hYuoPcayPoBJc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTj75n3v9eTmxmUt22RECPCo5ELS2dUT_
youtube.com/watch?v=LQR8s-FwrwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I disagree with you and think you're a boring person

I just find it hard to remember which character is which when Arin always has to play a girl and Suzy is playing a guy named Amanda.

A man, duh. That's the joke.

A thread died for this

Yeah, I was actually baffled that the DM started the entire campaign off with a combat encounter that lasted a full hour. How the hell do you mess up that bad?

I get triggered very hard whenever a DM tells a player how they feel

Stuff like this makes me appreciate Mercer and Perkins more.

This is sometimes acceptable. Dragons are terrifying, no amount of grit should save you if you can't pass your will save. Also some magical effects can change how you feel.

Kill yourself, its their first game im sure that you were "so superior and amazing" in your first campaign

My only problem with it is that they all seem so utterly disinterested. They get well into the third session and still have no idea how to play their characters, and the DM still walks them through every single step of combat lik ethey aren't even paying attention.

Are they worse than this one? youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3Y6hWjqAA&t=265s

Anybody know any good tabletop youtube videos? youtube.com/watch?v=ybb8RafYrOI

If you like zombies then youtube.com/watch?v=3Cre8Zrfu4M

Only two of those people would be good for a dnd podcast.

Polly is nice, and would be good as a player.

Jared is a shit dm, but he'd be fine as a player.

Rest of them are literally retarded.

Didn't watch this shit but I've seen some game grumps shit.

I’m talking about theDM mainly
He has an entire YouTube dnd series but is a god aweful dm, as if he’s never played before

So like Sargon who hasn't read the rules. youtube.com/watch?v=z-o0NKRDoO4&t=13043s

Holly is an autistic spergelord who screeches and chatters animal noises for her TIEFling character.

ok i will give you that the DM isnt the best but hes still not the worst, but i mean its not like we can all have a Mercer for a DM

>it’s not like we can all have Mercer for a DM

Massive faggot detected
What Mercer does is closer to a scripted podcast than actual d&d
As much as dan Harmon can suck a dick harmonquest is probably the closest interpretation of how tabletop games actually go

>DM started the entire campaign off with a combat encounter that lasted a full hour.
Holy shit. I'm subscribed to Jared's channel and he said in his promotional video for this podcast that the party were all new to D&D.

On top of this, he apparently has been a DM for years, all the way back in 1st & Rules Cyclopedia edition.

Tfw jarrod is a liar

I'd like to believe Jared was always That DM but nobody ever told him.

I always got the vibe he was always “that guy” from his videos, even the ones not about dnd

The whole party can’t be new! He fucking played CoS with Holly!

Game Grumps trying to cash in on that Critical Role audience.

Kinda like Tableflip, their take on Tabletop where they played board games & dressed in Victorian costumes, because Reasons.

I enjoy several itmeJP's Rollplay series. My favorite has been the West Marches, because (until the last dozen or so episodes, anyway), you weren't likely to be "stuck" with characters or players you didn't like for more than two back-to-back episodes. Plus, the dark-fairytale vibe the series starts out with makes for some really wtf moments.

I also enjoyed several of the Roll20 series, most particularly the Ryuutama one and several of their charity stream one-shots.

I can't wholeheartedly recommend anyone else, because I haven't watched enough.

Honestly, it's something I'd cap off Session Zero with.

Session zero is always the most important session
And it’s very obvious they did not have one

Meh. You can't control your feelings.

True
But at least require a roll first

Spencer Crittenden is honestly a great DM, with my only gripe being a bit of a feeling of railroading, but it's all in service of keeping the sessions fast-paced and fun, which I imagine makes animating them later easier.

Fwiw, Jared has always been kind when I've chatted with him at cons, and he seems pretty knowledgeable about DnD. I haven't seen the Game Grumps stuff, but I watched that thing with Jared DMing a couple of his friends and didn't see any glaring issues. But idk, some people just can't DM.

Honestly, I'm a big fan of the Yogsquest folks. Not High Rollers, Specifically Yogsquest. They know how to have fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=VF6u2ATCxNY&list=PLv15pHGEqVpWhCREXWsutubjsv-umgAmu

I find JP himself to be completely insufferable.

Rollplay's West Marches: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-oTJHKXHicSxKhs57c2hYuoPcayPoBJc
Also consider their Maid series if you're up for some shits and giggles. Possibly Die-Kea, but the DM is clearly a bad DM, but if you like Crendor's brand of bullshit it is A+ primo Crendor bullshit with good friends of his with more RP experience just rolling with it. I hear great things about several of the other long series, but haven't watched them yet. But there are several different casts, so even if you don't like one show, you can check out others and find a cast that works for you.

Roll20's Ryuutama: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTj75n3v9eTmxmUt22RECPCo5ELS2dUT_
Like I said before - some of their charity streams were great fun (Tenra Bansho Zero was a goldmine clusterfuck of awesome, even if it had a couple of players who were not really as good as the others), but the only other long series I've watched was the Mouseguard series, which I also recommend.

Hope you find something to enjoy too!

Me too, honestly. He plays too many joke characters (and typically the SAME joke characters) that usually fuck up the flow of the entire game and only 1 out of every 5 times that he throws a spanner into the gears does it have interesting repercussions. Thankfully in West Marches he's often not even on the show.

Should I post my shitty youtube-tabletop series with like 5 views or is it just shilling?

Thx

TFS' dnd campaign is way better. Zito's great!

Can other tabletop shows compare to Koibu's Frozen Frontier?

Good players, good gm and a nice world.

Do it get them YouTube shekels.

>implying my shit won't get demonetized instantly
youtube.com/watch?v=LQR8s-FwrwU
my players consist of:
a Girl, a Slav and a furry.
Spare times at a premium for making other shit though

Thanks for the rec. Had heard that group was good, so I'll check it out!

>ITT players who aren't in groups and are hyper critical about what their interpretations of fun and gaming should be are salty pissants. Meanwhile truely eloquen/tg/entlemen have a few nuggets of golden wonder and wisdom sprinkled within.

A thread died for this, first post was in fact the best post in this thread, ya'll need to just let people enjoy things that they're just now experiencing and learning.

I don't have a group, but I don't generally whine about the quality of these things.

I mean, I regularly listen to AS MUCH shadowrun as possible, and the only things that turn me off of a series are A. actual technical issues (somebody has a shit mic) or B. if I just so happen to develop hatred or embarrassment of one of the party members.

Also, I am pissed D&D is so popular and there aren't enough shadowrun games.