Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/no-spring-skips-its-turn-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How does one survive having a smug werewoof sister?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Mods, please delete the other thread, it's a baitpost designed to shit up the general.

First for Tzimisce

>A third thread up because the other new thread started with a shitpost/bait
It's sad that this is becoming a trend.

Why are wodfags so obsessed with a shitty, irrelevant picture? Not even 40kfags are that retarded

Man, you are dedicated. I've genuinely come to visulaize you as a corpulent Vykos sitting at his computer desk. Congrats I guess.

>How does one survive having a smug werewoof sister?
Very painfully if she's a rahu. With extreme discomfort otherwise.

>you get a text from your dad
>hey sport, do you have any room for a Rahu in your pack? Your sister wants to go to a private highschool in town!
>read that while standing in the puddle of goop that was your last Rahu and pack leader.
>she arrives several days later, to your packs begrudging acceptance
>Big brother hey!!!!!!!
>You're almost blinded by the glory renown brands she's sporting, more than all the renown of your pack combined then doubled
>sunglasses do nothing
>squinting does nothing
>closing your eyes does nothing
Where did you get all those!?
>Oh that bale hound that kidnapped mom last year wasn't the only one!
>oh...... dad must've forgotten to tell you

What's new with World of Darkness? I've not ran anything since Demon the Descent was released a few years ago, and the GMC rules overhaul. Has anything exciting happened with Hunter?

Hunter is still waiting for second ed write up. Right now we are waiting for Changeling the lost 2ed with should be out soon and Deviant with is still in the works

>How does one survive having a smug werewoof sister?

Either join the cannibal lodge or the one that rips uratha souls and uses them as fuel. Convince dm that blood of the wolf shouls still apply in 2nd.

Give her hot coco so if she change forms, she would fall into a small coma. Rip her appart....and profit

Bugger. I guess Vampire has already gotten some love? I really want to run a Slasher game, but the Hunter rulebook is rather unweildy and morality changes in particular seem to discredit Hunters as anything special.

Vigil Hunters are just humans as opposed to Reckoning's Chosen Ones, if that's what you mean.

Oh yeah, I don't mean I want Vigil Hunters to be divine superheroes. But a Vigil Hunters gimmicks are their Morality Code and Tactics. With the changes to Morality in the God Machine it feels like Hunters could do with a bit of a revamp, or just make Tactics not shit. Either or really.

>win by becoming the ultimate edgelord

Is that really victory?

The Tzimisce are inherently better than the other clans, anything but th first place is not good to us.

I think that will happen. Unfortunately there was no sight of Tactics in playtest, but OPP are definitely working on Hunter Code, although people weren't very happy with it. Lucifuges' Endowments and Custom Endowment rules were liked though.

>Is that really victory?

You don't have to put out with annoying sister....so that's a win.

I'm fine if Tactics go, their implementation sucked honestly. I'm a little stumped as to how you'd replace them though, because the idea is solid. You have a plan and you enact it. But there's nothing uniquely 'Hunter' about it except that you're blowing the Vampire up with your Wifes hairspray. A Vampire could set a plan and enact it and not get a mechanical benefit.

Well in CofD we actually got rules for making plans for mechanical benefit: Build Equipment extended action. Plans count as Equipment.

You got both flesh shaping and your own brand of sorcery.

Clearly you are correct in your assertion.

I'd forgotten that entirely. But it raises my question again, what could new Hunters get that sets them aside from regular Mortals?

And one of the few clans that were not cursed by Caine

Code that makes them slightly more resistant to exposure to Supernatural, and maybe Heroes' ability to force Banes?

Has it been leaked yet?

Yes, although I don't have it at work to share.

Hey /wodcofdwhatever/!

Asking about first edition of nWoD (is it correct to call it oCofD now, or what?).

Has anyone tried running games using combat hacks from Armory Reloaded, especially Automatic Damage (The damage modifier on a gun does not add dice to the roll to hit. Rather, the damage is applied automatically provided that the Dexterity+Firearms roll is successful.) and the same shit but for all weapons?

I know CofD does it now, but the damage values are a bit tamer in the second edition. Is it too brutal? I want the characters (Changelings, probably) to be worried seeing a pistol. I guess it should not one-shot people. A rifle easily could, and I still think it’s a good idea though, and thematically solid.

Maybe change armor to actually do damage reduction instead of dice pool reduction in response?

Retarded vampfags in here too?

I did it, and I have no regrets about it.
Guns, especially rifles and shotguns in close quarters, becomes SCARY.
You absolutely need to have armor be as damage reduction, and use the further guns become bashing rather than lethal rule.
What you then need to do is figure out how that works with supernatural armor and defenses.

Since the other thread went to shit again...
Can I get a rundown on V5? Why does /wodg/ hate it?

>Why does /wodg/ hate it?
It's new. New is scary.

Is there any published stats for heavy weapons in 2e like LMGs or .50 cals? I didn't see anything in Hurt Locker.

(You)
However, guns also become a superior option to most CC out of hand.
I did not allow most of the gun related merits in Armory expressly for that reason, but it may not be a problem if the players are not "optimizers". I did allow many of the melee/brawl/thrown ones, and shit got fun.
I had a werewolf pack where one fought like an mma fighter, another used mace and shield, another used a spear, another used traditional Italian longsword and the last used a jo.
I had a goddamn kung fu pack, and they honestly ripped face, especially after some of my houserules that made Primal Urge more than just a number on your sheet.

Cool beans. Thanks for the info. Too bad I'm shit at balancing things.

You learn the process.
As an ST, I have one rule: The World Lives.
I don't "scale" things to what I think the players can handle, the world is what it is. If there is some bad shit nearby that the pcs don't have the muscle to deal with, then they better not provoke it to come down on them.
Now, that isn't the same as realizing what the numbers do, but it changes for the game, and what kind of game you want.
My WtF game was vicious, and so in turn, the pcs were vicious.

Werefag question here. Spirits can Ride animals, right?

But can you get a Spirit-Claimed animal, or is that exclusively a human thing?

You can get Spirit-Claimed animals. The sample Claimed in the 2nd edition Forsaken book is a dog Claimed by a hunger spirit.

>Spirits can Ride animals, right?
Animals and objects, yes.
>can you get a Spirit-Claimed animal
Yes, I have created such myself. It makes things very interesting.

What kind of houserules have you used for your games?
What was the purpose of them, and did they make it better? Share your experience, either creating them or laboring under them!
Or you faggots can argue about whose dick is bigger and who got pozzed faster

Reminder that Vampire won.

Kindly please do so when you get back home, much obliged!

vamps are the new woofs

Falseflagging isn't helping to improve these threads. Please go.

Shitstirring isn't helping to improve these threads. Please go.

What's the worst type of mage?

So, continuing the very important argument from the last thread:

Slightly muscular tomboy werewolf gf is the best. Nobody else can even compete.

how do nephilim compare to fractals?

I will still mantain that they're second place next to hunter gf.
It's easy to see why you would think that way, there's lots of overlap in the things that make them amazing - warrior women being super hot, protecting you from bad guys and bragging to you about their exploits, that same sort of rugged action hero thing going on - but they have a few weakness's of their own. The whole spirit duality thing, well having some neat stuff to it, can provide some troubles, and their anger issues can cause potential problems as well. That and they might be a little /to/ rugged, what with the wanting to be close to nature thing
I will give them serious bonus points for needing to breed to make more werewolves though, snu snu is always welcome

I don't think nephilim were ever statted.

>What's the worst type of mage?

They're all douches.

But, definitely Acanthus

He is the retard who is making the threads. Duh.

Not true, he gets it first in my threads too.

Which works better for a theme, a phrase like a miniature sentence or a single word that represents that phrase?

Legacyfag here.

Anyone have any update requests?
I mean, if nobody wants a canon Legacy update, I'll even give homebrewing stuff a shot.

I think darking gf deserves some consideration. Smol, slender, dexterous, probably neat so wouldn't mess up your place then complain about how untidy you keep it, not against just chilling, pale like the moon, requires regular hugs for Clarity. All in all pretty gud.

Would you give the Logophages and Morphean Continuity a pass?

I'll take a gander.

Aren't Logophages the Left-Handed information destroyers?

Yep!

Anyone here whos played tranny chronicles?
Gonna start book 1 next week and i'd like to hear about your experiences

I'd love to see the nefandi legacy/abyss arcanum updated to 2e

could you take a try at updating the Gaolers from the iaboluth codex?

So the first few scenes while building the tower for whatshis face the pc's uncover some clay tablet that very rare and shit (enochian if i remember right).Dont let your assholes players decide to break it......

Also dont roll dice for the npc's, later in one of the scenes Goratrix is supposed to wtfpwn a group of woofs via lightning or some shit, let him do it, dont fucking roll and have him botch, the pc's will never take him seriously ever again.

Alot of TC and GC is railroad and the pc's are just there to view the scenery, its up to you how much your willing to let them change shit. ie save cappadocius or whatever

that might be in GC though. i ran them both at the same time so i get confused as to what is which

Tamers of the Cave
Liberatores
Keepers of the Covenant

When you get the chance

we use witch hunters rules to stat up mages. It makes them much more balanced and adds a fun variety to the enemies we can face.

Im not gonna do GC. Read through Book 1 and that shit had way too many NPC monologues. TC is pretty railroady from what i've read but atleast the PCs dont have to suffer through the monologues. Also getting to choose a patron is nice.

I miss the frogposter.

I'm trying to jury rig the sway mechanics from the old mirrors splat into working here. Besides that its all mostly setting/fluff things that I fuck around with

>tranny chronicles?
What?

Transylvania Chronicles, but since its WW, either works.

Transylvania

At some point in TC the players may get the chance to become a prince of one of the towns in tranny land.

Thats a pretty good point to introduce your own stories and stuff (esp the Tremere/Tzim conflict and later on the rising anarch/neo sabba), I had 2 players become Princes of towns and the other 2/3 decided to stay and take various roles.

I think my game ended in TC 3 at the french revolution though, didnt quite make it to book 4.

Just remember that time skips forwards almost every book or story so be prepared to "blue book" stuff and to give out exp for the time, (i think the books do a fairly good job of telling you how to do this though)

they were statted in demon storyteller's guide

The downside to PC princes is they never want to leave their town to go do shit....

>At some point in TC the players may get the chance to become a prince of one of the towns in tranny land.
>Thats a pretty good point to introduce your own stories and stuff (esp the Tremere/Tzim conflict and later on the rising anarch/neo sabba), I had 2 players become Princes of towns and the other 2/3 decided to stay and take various roles.
>I think my game ended in TC 3 at the french revolution though, didnt quite make it to book 4.
>Just remember that time skips forwards almost every book or story so be prepared to "blue book" stuff and to give out exp for the time, (i think the books do a fairly good job of telling you how to do this though)

I was thinking of retireing their characters from book 1 as elders/princes and then their prodgeny would continue on their legacy.
From what i've read people even had issues after chapter 1 because the players wondered why they should stick together/get into dangerous situations after building the castle

Also something i want to elaborate on is the actual building the castle/getting money part. I want to do that with lots of sidequests and with those the players would be able to change whats going on in the region

Then Chapter 2 would be done with their prodgeny because honestly someones gotta manage their towns. That might also be fun because it could contain them holding court, allocating ressources whatever

If I shielded myself against gravity would that make me immune to fall damage?

It would let you fly.

Sounds like a plan, let them have some say in their older chars actions but have them play their old chars prodgeny so they can go off wandering/adventuring.

I wish i had spent more time on the initial parts too, but the campaign TC 1-3 with GC 1-3 interwoven lasted for about 3 years, the PC's did eventually become uber elders and I just wish i had made it to GC4 where your supposed to take on the role of the opposing giovanni with your old elders and the villians ;)

You know what i am kinda scared of is that they might kill Anatole or some shit. Thats also something i dont like about White Wolf stories, they dont give that much freedtom to the players

>I wish i had spent more time on the initial parts too, but the campaign TC 1-3 with GC 1-3 interwoven lasted for about 3 years, the PC's did eventually become uber elders and I just wish i had made it to GC4 where your supposed to take on the role of the opposing giovanni with your old elders and the villians ;)

I think before i can run GC anything i really have to cut down the dialogue lmao
Either that or let a Player play the role of NPCs like Claudius. These monologues are killing me man

Endless arguments over this.

Personally its not the gravity that causes damage when you fall but whatever your impacting.

Since gravity on its own doesnt harm people then shielding from it does nothing, but due to stupid new interpretations (matter shielding oxygen to suffocate people) then yes if you shield from gravity you stop interacting with it, so effectively are in zero g. Retarded..yep

Yeh, they are good stories/ideas to hang your own stories on i think. Try not to let them dictate the pc's actions, I think GC was terrible for this with examples of what cappadocious does it the players manage to stop augustus, i think it says he goes as far as reviving him and shit...

though i might have dreamt that but i vaguely remember stupid text to that effect.

Luckily for me my pc's liked Lucita & Anatole (a pc was a malk so that may have helped) they even liked Vykos and Goratrix (they ended up in the sabbat ofc)

It might have been because i liked those characters so i put far more effort into portraying them than the ones i didnt like.

But my pc's were assholes, Vykos gives the pc's half of a ring they can use incase they need help from him, and one of my players fucking filed it so it wouldnt fit the other half, thats after trying to break the fucking enocian tablet and just general asshattery. Never should have allowed a fucking ravnos on the road of paradox...

But i still look back on that campaign fondly, there were numerous epic moments for each PC and even though its probably been 20+ years ago now, we can all recite our favourite parts etc.

So goodluck, and just wing it if you need too.

>Version 1.38
Now with the Morphean Continuity.
These guys would be insane to try and roleplay.

Also thanks for the further requests guys, I'll start moving through them when I have the chance.

awesome, you're the best Legacyfag, keep up the good work

Good taste

Why do you guys still come here

Odd chance of Hunter discussion. Can't really find it anywhere else but with my group.

Things aren't bad when you learn to filter right and the occasional normal discussion inside the bs stuff is pretty fun

Having read that awful VtM erotica novel by Nancy whatshertits, it seems that Vykos not only is familiar with the internet, but enjoys baiting online hook-ups.

I just discovered this series and interested so far. I'm downloading the cloud files but which books would you recommend for newbies?

Also mechanically, how does the d10 system differ from shadowrun's d6 system?

>shadowrun's d6 system?
How does that work?
All the WoD (new and old) have some number that if you roll over is a success. In OWoD its varriable in CofD its 8 or higher. Almost all your dice pools are attribute+skill.

Unfamiliar with shadowrun so can't say
For old just take like the revised/20th cores and give each of those a read
For new start with chronicles core and again, cores of each line you feel interested in

sorry, pretty much roll (attr + skill) number of d6's and count the number of 5's and 6's. Success is beating a threshold or opposed roll. 1's are glitches. Looking at the wiki, it seems to be similar with just d10s unless im mistaken.

Reporting shitposters is like shooting fish in a barrel. I often learn interesting facts about other game lines or other books I haven't had time to look into. The artwork threads and music threads are top notch. People bitch about rpg.net forum posts, and in the process give you the cliff notes version of threads that can rage for hundreds of pages.

It can get slow around here, or it can get fast and infuriating, or it can get hilarious. What it never becomes; is boring.

>Reporting shitposters

Doesn't do anything. Mods don't care about us.

For the most famous lines of the old world of darkness
For Masquerade, 20th Anniversary
For Apocalypse, 20th as well
For Ascension, Revised

For any "New" world of darkness games, always just go for the latest edition available

They did ban that copypasta poster

That was practically a fluke. He/she was far too obnoxious for them to just ignore.

Our resident shitposters are immunized as they're all technically posting on-topic.

At least we know theres a limit

>For Ascension, Revised

Fuck Phil Brucato for wasting the opportunity of M20.

I hope people stop donating to his Patreon and he gets evicted.

But was copypaste user any worse than the frogposter?

Old World of Darkness stuff was pretty insanely inconsistent, but generally you rolled Attribute + Ability against a variable difficulty (4 for easy stuff but still being under stress, up to 7 for an average task, 9 is nearly impossible and 10 basically is impossible).

Authors suggested raising or lowering the difficulty, adding or removing dice in wildly different and arbitrary ways, paying no heed to any mathematical consequence. So, although it is never printed anywhere, it is worth noting that adjusting the difficulty by more than one point either way has a greater effect on probability than adjusting the number of dice.

Generally you only need thresholds (a minimum of successes) for complicated long-term work (building a bomb, for example). Opposed rolls are usually used in head-to-head challenges against another character.

1's (depending on the version and gameline) either took away your 1st success (a sane option) or took away every success you rolled on a one-to-one basis until you botched horribly, which meant that statistically the chance of horrible failure increases the more skillful you become.

Dice roller apps will never replace the sensory pleasure of casting dice, however they fall.

Yes, infinitely times worse
Replying to shitposters by shitposting ten times harder is a retard thing to do