I order magic cards the other day and only after I ordered them I stumbled upon all these videos and threads about...

I order magic cards the other day and only after I ordered them I stumbled upon all these videos and threads about cards being warped in recent sets

anyone here have warped cards? i cant really tell how big this problem is

I haven't played with an unsleeved card since new phyrexia, but-

I never knew there was a problem until i heard complaints here; I opened a pack of some standard sets (kaladesh, aether revolt, amonket, hour of devastation) and haven't noticed any warping. I have cards stored in a plain white "baseball card" box and still haven't seen any issues.

Cards are warping more than usual, but it seems to be isolated pockets of issues. That it's happening at all is a big deal since it didn't for like 15 years, but it's not a universal issue nor one that you should expect to see. If it happens to you, that's unfortunate, but it is not a guarantee at all.

Cards naturally warp over time.

As far as I know only cards sold in America warp. Cards in Europe are printed in Belgium and only foil cards warp.

I protect my cards with a Gellar field

>it's another MtG is bad thread
Sage.

Fuck off, /pol/tard. The game is fine. Stop trying to make up problems

OP is asking a legitimate question. Take your cheap trolling elsewhere.

Nice

Settle down faggots it may actually just be a newfrend

I think they still exist

OP, It's just a problem with recent sets really. I would observe the new UN-set coming out and see how the quality goes.

The biggest offender recently is the Eternal Masters, but HOD was pretty bad too.

It will likely be fixed with the UN-set.

Stop shitting up the board, false flagging /pol/ scum.

Cards dont warp stop spreading this /pol/ hoax

warpgate is a current thing going around, many magic players are finding the cards are warped FROM THE PACK. Something that was enevitable, but was not happening while SEALED. For those that do not believe it, buy 1 pack of the last 3 sets and leave it out in an uncontrolled climate, ie open air, and watch them curl. And if wizards ever says this is a problem, people could possibly sue for faulty products.

I have had it happen with every set since the new modern card frames. I do live in a humid area but I never had this kind of curling (corner to corner) with older sets.

Oh hey it's you making threads attempting to somehow destroy MtG through the power of Veeky Forums. How's it going?

Almost all of my post-Lorwyin foils are warped (except for some french foils), but I had neverheart about common cards warping until now. But since someone has made this thread, is it just me or have cards gotten "thicker"? Maybe it's because for the first time in a while I've bought t2 stuff in portuguese but I got the Ixalan pw decks for my birthday and I'm completely sure the cards are at least 1.5x heavier than pre Aether Revolt ones.

They don't. I have thousands of pre-Sixth-Edition here and none of them warped.

This was a thing at the beginning of the year, but not anymore. Stop spreading false information. Stop buying into the /pol/ raid.

New cards (Innistrad or Khans and up I think) are less high quality than old school cards from back in my day (Weatherlight to Time Spiral-ish).

They still don't curl by themselves.

Masters sets aren't printed by WotC, they're made by a licensed third party printer. They will curl and separate for no reason. Iconic Masters is the worst one.

No, not really. None of my cards have warped, and most of them I keep them in a shoe box in my room.
Maybe it's because I haven't owned mtg cards for long enough, but I have had none of them warp.

go back to your hugbox /pol/shit.

Are you okay?

Fuck off back to /Pol you neo-nazi shithead

Reported.

Only nazis say that, OP.

nice try retard

>I think they do exist

What reason is there to play Mtg?

Not that type of person to peruse /pol
But I wouldn't say it if my pack I won @ SS was left over the weekend on my desk to have it curled a little, so I immediatly sleeved the rare and packed away, while I left the pack and STILL am seeing it bend.

Haven't you heard the news? Anyone who criticizes MTG these days is a nazi.

Does that mean I should just avoid any MTG thread until the WotC Defense Force eventually goes back to quietly sucking MaRos jew-dick?

BANNED BANNED HATE SPEECH RAPE HELP RAPE

Do the come warped pack fresh? or do they mysteriouslky warp after a week?

I sold off my decades old cards last year. I played back in 93 / 94 and had Revised (3rd), Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, 4th Edition, and a bit of Ice Ages. And absolutely NONE of them were warped after sitting around in a couple large deck boxes in my basement for better part of 2 decades.

Evil conservatives create climate change
Warm air warps all the Magic cards

fuck drumpf

I can confirm this.

Nazi

The card quality has been shit since AMK, so around 3/4ths of a year. It's a big enough problem that they can't address it or they'll be liable for lawsuits knowingly selling faulty products. So we're in an extremely awkward spot where we as a community (meaning all of mtg, not just Veeky Forums) know that it's fucked, but we can't do anything about it other than not buy
anything and wait it out.

And it's not just standard sets, FTV got tagged with awful print quality as did IMA.

>this screencap i have is proof of a nazi conspiracy to destroy my favorite children's card game

I bought two of the commander precons. The cards in one are pretty warped while the other is fine. It seems to be hit or miss, but when it's bad it's very noticeable.

Prove it.

What reason is there to do anything?

I like the art on old sets. I like puzzle games and interaction with humans.

I am going to go on a limb and say you are a samefag, also not everything is a pol conspiracy, any one with eyes can see that MTG has a ton of other problems aside from the sjw shit.

>le cards are bending meme xd

So how's that bingo going?

I mean it's what it is, right? Someone posted that on a thread that was moved to /pol/ and I thought it was a joke at first but that's literally what's been happening on Veeky Forums since. We didn't have these threads before and now there's 1+ up constantly and they all say the exact shit in that screencap/

shiposter simply found the new (you) button, I think thread like this one are legit, but banned fat fuck are by this point bait threads and should be pruned.
I haven't had this problem, but then again, I not buying American prints.

/pol/ shillposters are persistent. I imagine it will be months, years perhaps until the illness passes.

Unstable cards are warped as well.

You are a paranoid freak.

Be sure to check underneath your bed for the pol bogeyman as well.

Definitely not buy this set as well then.

You shouldn't buy it because it's lowest-common denominator claptrap designed to shift packs of useless cards to idiots, not because the cards have a chance of warping.

No fun allowed eh?

This.

Fuck donald drumpf.

Fuck white people.

Fuck racism.

>tfw full art avon lands are probably fucked right from the pack.

They're fucked no matter the card stock.

They're not even trying anymore.

How do you fuck up selling expensive cardboard this badly?

/pol/ posters are not some disease, they are a fungus. They continue to grow, continue to spout their bullshit, continue to scream anti-semitism and misogyny until you're no longer reviled by it, until you've learned to filter it out, until you've *normalized it*.

They need to be resisted, to be smothered or cut out. They are not to be endured.

What am I even looking at? The cards aren't level, what does the circle attempt to prove.

The design is asymmetrical.

It took me a second to realize what was wrong. You would think that errors like these would only be seen on counterfeits. Has WOTC offered refunds at least?

how hard was to print them and put sleeves so we wouldn't realise they're fake?

Oh fuck off. Nobody can even talk about MtG anymore without people shouting "POL, POL", like they're some retarded parrot.

>people
*a person

user, let's sit down and think about this for a moment:
We have two cases here, either OP is a nazi frog poster, or OP is legitimately concerned about their magic cards warping and being of lower quality than previous prints.
You respond: "nazi nazi, misogynist, anti-semite, racist, cis white male scum". As seen here: here: here: and hereLet's say that they're not a nazi frog poster. What would this look like to you if someone did the same thing? That raising a question that several anons in this thread have posted pictures that appear as a rudimentary form of evidence about ( ) leads only to not only the assertion that this isn't a problem regardless of evidence, but that you're morally equivalent to a group of genocidal germans dressed in hugo boss for even asking the question.

Now let's say that they are a nazi frog poster. Congratulations you may have killed the thread but the problems with the above pictures still remain. You've prioritised driving away everyone who might have a political stance that differs from yours over a potential problem within your own hobby.

So in the best case you're only killing your own hobby by preventing discussion about what appears to be a real and emerging issue as shown by anons above. Please kindly take your political gatekeeping to /pol/ where it belongs and leave people who are here to discuss a children's card game to discuss a children's card game.

First of all, is bait, or at least is assumed to be bait because nobody has been known to use "drumpf" unironically for at least a year, at least not on Veeky Forums.

I think it's fair for fa/tg/uys to be paranoid about /pol/ trying to engineer them into trying to destroy magic. There is definitely evidence of /pol/ trying to do this.

However, I believe that just because /pol/ is trying to meme about card quality, card power, and Magic Online being crap; doesn't mean that those things aren't true. There have been people outside of Veeky Forums prior to the Unsleeved fiasco that have complained about warped cards, even non-foil ones, and have compared them to older cards stored under the same conditions but longer. There has been multiple recent bannings of cards during Standard, including an emergency ban that should've been a regular ban in the first place (Felidar Guardian).

It's best that we just ignore /pol/ and pretend that stupid internet celebrities don't exist.

I would say there's a chance that the shipping method is fucking with the cards. Since they're printed in China these days, it's very likely that the cards aren't being cured properly and causing one of the paper types being used in the cardstock to warp.

The fact that Wizards doesn't care and keeps selling shitty cards is proof that their monopoly on TCGs is too strong.

>Warp cards yourself. "Ohhh nooo how did theese get so warped!!! Proof of mtf dying am I right?"

I thought this shit was solved already because my Explorers of Ixalan cards are perfectly fine but every Unstable booster we opened today at the LGS was all warped out of the pack and we opened three cases.

The Jews thought they could raise the market value on certain sets by warping most of the cards, but they didn't count on us finding out. Soon the world will know what (((Wizards of the Coast))) are up to.

Also, the new sets are shit.

Did you make sure your table was flat? Same symptoms as warped cards.

Now, these are just my personal experiences, but for me, I have never had a card warp, old or recent, outside of stupidly leaving them in a damp environment, which will warp just about any card. I live in a household with a fuckton of magic cards just laying around the house, though I am not as big a player as my housemates, and have yet to see any warp.
But once again, just my personal experience.